Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Kaioshin Saga: Story 3: A Truth Untold II: Blue Moon ❯ Chapter 2: The Searching Begins ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Truth Untold II:

Blue Moon

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the original characters (if any), and the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Author's Note: I think the best thing to do is to read what little I have up for Silver Wishes, which is actually the prequel to the first A Truth Untold. I know I should have finished that fic before I started this one, but I couldn't help myself. ^_^. While it isn't necessary to really read that fic before this one, it might clear up a few things in later chapters. So, have fun reading this one!!!!!

Chapter Two: The Search Begins

Shin paced once again with his hands clasped behind his back, but this time it was in front of a small yellow straw hut on a planet faraway from Kaioshin-Kai. The door was covered with a black cloth, hindering his eyesight from the outside so that he couldn't look to see what was inside the hut. Inside of it, a shaman was there with Kibito, doing whatever he had to do to the bodyguard to get the sickness that was in him out. He wished he could see inside just for a moment to know what was going on, but he had been pushed out several times before in those attempts. I want to know if Kibito is going to get better. I want to hold his hand and tell him that it is okay, The God thought worriedly, his eyes darting over to the closed off doorway of the hut as he continued to pace.

He knew it was weird from him to ask for help from mere mortals, as Kibito called them so often. He was, after all, a Kaioshin, the last highest God of the universe that had survived the terror of a wizard that had killed off the others. The deity was supposed to know what was wrong with everything that was going on around him and his job was to fix anything that was wrong. He wasn't supposed to ask others for help in times like this. It was uncalled for. If the other Kaioshin were still alive, he could just imagine what thoughts of theirs would be going through his mind at this moment.

The cloth over the hut's door was suddenly pulled back, making Shin stop his pace as he turned around to see who was there. A man now stood in the doorway, an inch shorten then Kibito himself and a little bit smaller then him. He wore a deep red robe with a black belt around his waist; his aged faced peeked out from underneath a feathered head piece that was perched on his black, braided hair. The God rushed up to him, the worry that was inside of him showing even more then it had before.

"Is he okay?" The God demanded, looking up at the shaman. "What's wrong with him?"

"His body has been poisoned, and it is taking its toll on him," The shaman replied, looking down at him with a weird look on his face. Shin blinked his eyes, at first ignoring the look, then his worry went away briefly and a hurt look came upon his face.

"Do you think that I did that to him?" Shin demanded defensively.

"No, sir. The poison has been in his body for a long time, possibly longer then you have known him," The shaman said, stealing a quick glance into the darkness of the hut. "How and when is a mystery to me. Only he knows how it go into his system."

"Can you cure him?" He pleased with wide, worried eyes. The other sighed, tightening his grip on the cloth.

"No, I can't. It's too far advanced for me to treat alone."

"What do you mean, alone? Can....."

"No, there isn't anyone else of my kind that can help. His body is too complex and foreign to us. We are used to dealing with races in this galaxy and on this planet."

Shin brought his head down, tears welling up at the base of his eyes. He didn't want anyone to see someone like him cry at the moment even if his heart was aching for his love. No one knew of the love that was shared between assistant and God, and both wanted to keep it that way for now. No one would, or could, possibly understand it at this time.

"But that doesn't mean that there isn't a cure for it," The shaman replied quickly. The deity looked up at him, the tears now evident to the other that stood before him. "I don't know where it is exactly, but it is out there, somewhere."

"Where do you think I could find it?"

"I don't know." He shook his head ever so slightly. "Maybe he can tell you."

"Can I see him now?"

"Yes, but please be quiet. He just fell asleep a few moments ago."

The God nodded as the shaman moved to the side, still gripping the cloth in his hand. Shin took in a deep breath, stepping forwards with uncertainty in his stride. He felt scared at the moment, unsure as to what stat Kibito would be in at the present time. The deity stopped just a few inches inside the hut, his ebony eyes looking around in the dimly lit room before landing upon the sleeping form of Kibito. He was lying perfectly still on a single mattress, his arms at his side as a light blanket laid upon his lower body. Most of the bodyguard's clothes had been taken off and was lying neatly beside the mattress. If this had been any other time, the Kaioshin would have been a bit angry and hurt that someone else had taken off his love's clothes besides himself, but that didn't matter now. All that mattered was him getting better and nothing else.

The cloth that stood between the outside world and the inside of the hut wa pulled over the doorway, allowing God and assistant to be alone together. Shin tried to gulp down any fears that he had as he walked forwards, his gaze still upon Kibito. He seems like a ghost now, pale as the blanket that is keeping him warm, He thought to himself once he had stopped by the mattress that the other was lying upon. Kneeling beside him, the Kaioshin gently took his love's hand into his own, giving it a small squeeze. The pent up tears that he had held inside of him since the two had come into the planet now streamed down his light purple face, his shoulder shaking with each sob that escaped his lips.

"Kibito...." Shin whispered, stroking his bodyguard's hand with ease. The other took in deep breaths as he slept peacefully, undisturbed by his charge's cries. The God didn't want him to wake up as sleep was one of the few comforts that Kibito had now, and he wanted to keep it that way.

****

It had been years since any outsider had set foot onto this backwater planet, its presence unknown just like the highest God's own Kaioshin-Kai. This certain planet had been ravaged by wars since it had been founded upon by the original settlers, but now those days were long gone. No longer did the shots from cannons or the screams of the species cry out in utter horror, these souls long since perished in the wars. Those that had survived were long since dead, passed on by time itself. They had been haunted by the memories of what happened during the course of their lives, their death the only salvation that had come from the endless nightmares that had plagued their dreams. Their descendents knew of these horrors, vowing to never allow such a thing to happen again.

The only remains of the battles that had been raged were the scars that they had left behind. Very few towns and villages had been rebuilt, many being cleared to allow the old wounds to heal and allow new ones to surface as time moved along. A few of the rubbles remained, showing those that now lived what had happened when old grudges never die. New villages had been built over several of the battlefields, the graves of those that had perished still remained at the outskirts of these new towns. Those that lived within the villages now moved with those people who's ancestors had gone up against their own, the feud between those clans now buried with the dead.

One figure stood at the top of a steep hill that overlooked a single village that had been destroyed many years ago. His seemingly aged face showed many battle scars, most of which had come from his own reckless behavior. He wore and old uniform of an old order in which he had served since he could remember, his own greed betraying them when the one that needed him the most reached out towards him. He ignored that pitiful cry, instead going into the arms of the ones that wanted this child dead. It made no matter to him what had happened then, but now it was gone. Gone forever from his life.

His own life had been prolonged in hear eternal youth, the aging process stopping only when he reached a certain age. He did not know why this feat was present in his body, perhaps only because he had spent the majority of his youth on a planet where it seemed like everyone was immortal. Perhaps they were as the planet he had grown up upon was different then any other in the known universe, surviving until the day that the universe would never exist again. He often dreamed about that planet, seeing the blurred images of those that he had served.

This figured moved his gaze away from the rubble that once had been a village, his eyes moving up towards the night sky. It was almost morning as this planet was concerned, and he was dreading it like he had in the past. Maybe the mornings rays would drown him in all of their glory, but he knew that would never happen to him. He only hoped the universe would forgive him for what he had done many years ago even if his heart and soul wouldn't......

****

The hours had passed on endlessly, each dragging on more so then the last one. Each moment was like a stab in the heart, the sting not going away even with the warmest touch that was there. Even if the heat from a fire could not warm the room with it's light glowing ever so brightly on the walls. The coldness overcame everything, chilling even the most hated emotion that would course through anyone's veins.

Shin ignored the apparent coldness that surrounded him as he continued to sit next to where Kibito was laying. He held one of his hands in his lap while the other hand held Kibito's tightly, his ebony eyes staring over his assistant. There was not one thing that would change his position, now doing what the other had been doing for him ever since he was a child. He had barely even moved from this position in the last few hours, keeping a vigil over the other with every passing moment that went by. Despite the fact that he was nearly falling asleep and hunger was beginning to rack his body, he remained, pushing any sleep and lack of food away that he might need. These were minor things that his own body needed as there were more important things to tend to at the moment.

The shaman had come in several times to check on Kibito, but the Kaioshin didn't notice his presence in the small hut. He might have said a few things to the God, yet the words never reached his ears. When it was apparent that the small purple being wasn't paying attention to him, the shaman left, mumbling something under his breath. It made no matter to Shin as he sighed, closing his eyes for a moment then opened them again quickly as if he was going to miss any changes that might happen.

Kibito's state hadn't changed for the better nor for the worse in the last few hours. It seemed like whatever was flowing in his body was at a standstill with whatever he was fighting at the present moment. Shin hoped that his bodyguard would pull out of this by himself without any outside help, but that was becoming more unlikely as he slept. I want you to get better, my love. Please don't die on me, The Kaioshin thought bitterly as he bowed his head down towards his lap as he squeezed Kibito's hand even more. This in turn stirred the other a bit, causing him to snap his head up to look upon his love once again. Kibito's face scrunched up for a moment before his eyes opened wide for a moment before they closed slightly. He began to push himself up with his other arm, but he was pushed down again by the deity.

"No, Kibito. Stay put," Shin ordered, letting go of the other's hand as he pushed him back down onto the mattress. Kibito complied only after a brief struggle before he laid back down, not really wanting to fight this round.

"How long have I been asleep, Kaioshin-sama?" The assistant asked, putting a hand onto the deity's as he mustered enough strength to smile. Shin attempted to smile back, but it was near impossible to do in this situation. The other looked at him for a moment, his own smile fading as his face became serious. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing, Kibito. Nothing that you should be worried about. I'll take care of it."

"But....."

"No." Shin shook his head. "It's m y turn to do some worrying over you. I don't want to cause anything bad to happen to you if you start to worry."

"My love, if my past hasn't killed me by now, nothing will."

"That's the problem. It might just do that," The God muttered, taking his hands off of Kibito's chest, and stood up. He turned away from him, balling his fists slightly as he tried to hold back the tears that now wanted to come out. He didn't want the other to see him cry over this, or see the true pain that he was masking.

"Kaioshin-sama, you said earlier that we have never held anything from each other, and I know you are holding something from me," Kibito said, moving onto his side, and propping his body up. "Please, I must know. Maybe I can figure out something that can help."

"Did anything happen when you were on your home planet?" Shin demanded, turning his head over his shoulder ever so slightly. Kibito blinked his eyes, confused. "Besides everything that you told me about earlier."

"Meaning?"

"Did anyone try to poison you?"
"Not that I know of. Why do you ask?"

"Because...because the shaman said that......that....." The Kaioshin's words broke off as he turned his head sharply down to the ground, the tears finally breaking free of their prison as his shoulders shook with each sob. He didn't hear Kibito's movements off of the bed and into a standing position until the bodyguard's hands were upon the deity's shoulders. Shin sniffed as he turned his head up to see Kibito standing over him, a slight smile on his lips.

"I understand that you are trying to protect me for this like I have protected you from so many things, but I can see right through that shield that you have put up."

"You know me too well, Kibito-kun. But...."

"I know," He sighed, pulled the God closer to him as he wrapped his arms around his chest. Shin put a hand upon the other's, closing his eyes as he allowed himself to be pulled out from the coldness and into the warmness. He then placed his head upon his chest, his eyes opening slightly.

"You shouldn't be up anyways, Kibito. I don't want you to do anything but rest."

"I know, but I also need to make sure that you are alright. I just can't have you moving about, alone."

"You are going to have to. I can't be looking for a cure for what is coursing thought your veins right now."

"Huh?" Kibito asked, looking down at the Kaioshin with wide eyes. "You mean to tell me that....."

"None of the shaman can cure you, my love. They said that the only to do it is if there is some outside help, but I don't know where to find that help."

Kibito remained silent, his arms dropping from around the God's chest. Shin felt him move away from him as he turned around to see the assistant sit down on the mattress, his head turned towards the ground, and his hands were in his lap. The Kaioshin kneeled down by his love, placing his purple hands over Kibito's pink hands, telling him without words that it was going to be okay.

"Kibito?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. The other looked up slightly, crystal clear tears beginning to form at the base of his eyes. Shin moved one of his hands up to Kibito's face, wiping away the tears that started to fall down his cheeks.

"I can't remember being this scared since I was a child. What....?"

"Kibito, I promise that I will find a cure, even if I have to go to the ends of the universe to find it."

"Can I trust that promise, my love? So many promises have been broken in my life...."

"Hai. You can."

****

Shin pulled the black cloth over the entrance of the small hut, looking in one more time at Kibito before his vision inside was severed. The bodyguard had fallen asleep only a few moments ago, tumbling back into the dreamless world that allowed him to escape any pains that he had. Both had spent the last hour crying in each other's arms, not speaking a word to the other as the small kisses and gazes into one another's eyes spoke louder then any spoken words.

The Kaioshin sighed as he turned around, his black eyes looking around the small village that he had stepped into. Many huts were scattered about in the area, smoke from fires set just outside the homes reaching towards the heavens above. People milled about, some standing around, talking to others while others were carrying buckets of water and food to their own huts. Children ran around these working people, laughing and carrying on like they had no care in the universe. Have fun, little ones, for you will never have another chance to be free. I wish I had the chance to go back to before I was pushed into my fate, He thought to himself as he watched the child's roughly play with each other.

"Is there anything new that he told you that can help?" A wise voice asked from next to Shin, making the deity jump just a little. He quickly turned to that side, his eyes falling upon the shaman as he stood there, one hand behind his back while the other dangled at his side.

"No. He doesn't even remember if he had gotten poisoned or not," The Kaioshin replied, a lost look entering his face. "I don't know where to begin my search. It's a big universe and even I haven't been to most of it."

"There are a lot of places to start from, but the best place to begin your quest is at the beginning of it all."

"Kaioshin-Kai? Would that be a good start?"

"No, not that beginning," The shaman replied, shaking his head as he placed the hand that he held behind his back at his side. "Kibito's beginning. The home that he was born onto."

"His home planet," Shin mused, looking up towards the now darkening heavens. The three suns of the planet were now going down below the distant horizon as purples, reds, and pinks outlined the border between light day and dark night. "But I don't know where that is. There are so many planets out there that it could take me a while just to get through."

"Perhaps, when he is rested, Kibito will tell you. You still have plenty of time before the poison's affect will really begin to show, but that time is running out."

"No. I must start now. The sooner that I start, the less time I don't have to waste."

"I understand perfectly. Me and my people can help you start this journey as much as we can and will." The shaman bowed his head ever so slightly towards Shin, who now had a look of pure determination on his face. "Good luck to you."

"Thanks. I need all the help that I can get."

To Be Continued....