Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Kaioshin Saga: Story 3: A Truth Untold II: Blue Moon ❯ Chapter 3: Destination Known ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Truth Untold II:

Blue Moon

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the original characters (if any) and the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter Three: Destination Known


Shin stood at the entrance of the hut, his coal black eyes watched Kibito sleep semi-peacefully. A part of him didn't want to leave him in this state, but another urged him to go find a cure despite this. He knew he had to leave, but he wished that the other would come with him even if he was sick like this. The deity admitted to himself that he was scared not only for himself but for Kibito as well. He knew that the other was in pain in more ways then he could imagine and the Kaioshin want to east that pain so badly.
The God hadn't done much packing of things since his bodyguard had fallen asleep. He had gone back to Kaioshin-Kai himself to get a few things and that was small to say the least. A few extra things here and there with a couple of reminders of home if his journey should be any longer then it should be. He hoped that he wouldn't be gone for more then two days, but he didn't know where Kibito had lived before coming to Kaioshin-Kai. The shaman had tried to locate that planet on an old map of the universe, yet he couldn't find it. This was becoming so hopeless that he just shrugged it off and hoped that he would be able to find it on his own without anyone's help.
"Sir?' The shaman asked from behind him. Shin turned his head over his shoulder to look at him, taking notice that the shaman wasn't alone like he had hoped that he was. A few others were with him, each holding a small bag filled with supplies to allow the God to get through his searching.
"Hai?" He asked, turning his body around fully towards the small group that had gathered outside the hut.
"We have gathered enough supplies for you in your travels," The shaman responded, motioning towards the others that were around him. "It is only for a few days, however, so after it runs out, you will be on your own."
"That is fine. I shouldn't be long," He said, lowering his gaze down towards the ground. "I don't know how to repay you for this."
"There is nothing for you to repay as we should be repaying you for everything that you have done for us," He said, bowing slightly. Shin moved his eyes up a bit as the others walked forwards and set down the small bags in front of him before backing up. "This is just a small thing that will help towards us helping you. We will take care of Kibito until you return with the cure, then I will see what I can do after that."
"But…"
"Just begin your searching and don't worry about anything."
The small group all bowed at once before turning around and walking away from the Kaioshin. Shin blinked his eyes as he watched them go, biting his lip as he did. He wondered if anyone would do this for him if he wasn't a God and hadn't helped them only a short while ago. It wasn't that he wasn't grateful for this help, but he couldn't shake the dead feeling that was growing inside of him that wanted him to repay these people even though the shaman had said that they were repaying him. No. I will find a way to give back to them for this even if they won't accept it, Shin thought to himself as he picked up one of the few bags that were in front of him.
"Kaioshin-sama?" A powerful yet somewhat weak voice called out to him. Shin turned around his upper body to see Kibito sitting up, his back leaning against the wall gently. The God placed the bag back onto the ground and walked into the hut but stopped right before the bodyguard. "I thought that you had left already."
"I had to get a few things from Kaioshin-Kai before I left," The God said softly, sitting down onto the mattress itself as he looked down at his hands, which he had placed into his lap. "It doesn't feel right going somewhere else without you, though."
"I'll go with you then so that you won't be alone," Kibito said, throwing off the blanket that covered his body. Shin didn't bother stopping him this time since he didn't want to argue with him about staying in bed, but he looked up at him with his shinning ebony eyes that made the other stop before he could push himself off of the bed. "It is my job to protect you, and I am not going to let you go off onto a war-stricken planet so you will get killed."
"If I can stand up to Bibidi, then I can stand up against this. A Majin is no different then a full-fledged war. I can handle myself."
"If I remember correctly, it was me that helped you stand up to him. My memory isn't all that bad, you know. Besides, the last time I was on that planet, there was a high Majin interference, so I am not going to let you get killed by the same thing that killed the other four Kaioshins."
"Hai, but how long ago were you on the planet, Kibito?" Shin countered, narrowing his eyes. "It's been years since you were on that planet as a small child and now you have grown up. You served under my father before he died and then add the twenty some years that you were with me. Kibito, there is a big difference between the years on Kaioshin-Kai and the years around the universe. A lot could have changed since then."
"That's true, but I am not going to take that chance," Kibito snapped, attempting to get off of the mattress but Shin put a hand onto his chest to stop him. "Damn it, don't do this. It is my job to protect you no matter how sick I can become. This poison, or whatever else it is, isn't important right now, and your safety is."
"Kibito, don't think about my safety," The deity snapped coldly. "For once, let someone think about you instead of you thinking of everyone else. I promise I will be alright."
"That promise means nothing to me."
"What do you mean, it doesn't mean anything to you?" He cried out, taking his hand off of the other's chest and standing up quickly with anger flowing in his eyes. "Don't you trust me?"
"I trust you, but any promises that anyone has given me have been broken. I'm sorry, but I don't like promises," Kibito hissed, shakily standing up from the mattress and looking down at the purple being in front of him. "I am going to protect you even if it kills me."
"No. You are not going anywhere. If you die while we are on this planet, then I will never forgive myself for it. It won't do you any good getting yourself in a worse condition. At least here you will be able to rest and be able to at least stop some of the poison from spreading."
"I know, sir, but it…."
"Kibito, please. If there is one thing that you must do for me, it is this. We are both stubborn about this, I know, but it won't do you any good walking around without any treatment," He stated, looking up at the other with wide, angry eyes. "Just show me where to go and I will go in that direction. I won't be gone for more then a few days; that I can tell you."
"If you must go alone, fine," Kibito grumbled, sitting onto the mattress with his arms crossed over his chest. The Kaioshin noticed that from just that little bit of movement caused the other to begin to breathe harder then he was before, and he didn't like it one bit.
"Kibito-kun?" Shin asked in a even softer voice. His bodyguard sighed as he looked directly at his charge, a small hint of pain surfacing onto his face. He didn't want to show him that he was in any pain at all, but this was beginning to take its toll on him in more ways then one.
"Nani?"
"Show me."
"Show you what?"
"Show me where the planet is. Show me how to get to it."
"Why?"
"That is where I am going to begin my search. That is the most likely place that the cure can be at."
"Why should I give that information to you when I can't even protect you from the things that go on around there?"
"Kibito, please," Shin pleaded, kneeling down in front of his assistant as he placed his light purple hands onto the other's knees. "This is your life I am trying to save. If you want to die, please tell me and I won't do anything. If you want me to save it, tell me so that I can go get whatever cure is out there." He shook his head at this. "I am not asking you because someone has to be my assistant and bodyguard because anyone can do that. I am asking you because I need you to be that someone, that anyone. I can't have anyone else but you to protect me in the future. It wouldn't be right."
"My…." Kibito's voice trailed off as he uncrossed his arms and put a hand through the deity's hair, smiling that little smile that he allowed himself a small smile that only the other knew the meaning behind it. The other then stopped moving his pink hand through his hair and placed it fully onto Shin's forehead. "Don't move. Close your eyes, and think of the universe as a whole. Then I can give you what I know."

Shin blinked his eyes before closing them like he was instructed to. He probably could think of any part of the universe at any given time, but how could he think of the whole thing at once. It was hard enough to keep up with it and thinking about it would be even more difficult to do. Not that the universe wasn't always on his mind; it just was that he did that without putting much thought onto it. Besides, he didn't even know what Kibito was trying to do anyways.

Suddenly, a sheer force of pain went through his mind, causing him to wince in that pain. Kibito's hand gripped even more so despite the fact that his charge was squirming under his grip. Flashes of images went through the deity's thoughts, moving quickly as each came, repeating every few seconds to burn those images into his memory. He didn't even notice that the other had moved his hand off of his forehead until a few moments later when the pain had subdued, and he opened his eyes a crack.

"What was that?" Shin demanded, opening his eyes fully to give a good look at his bodyguard. Usually doing something like that wouldn't leave him so worn out, but the why that Kibito's chest was moving up and down rapidly and the paleness of his face told the God otherwise. "Kibito, are you alright?"

"No, I'm not. That took a lot of energy from me where it normally wouldn't do that. I guess this is more..." The bodyguard's voice trailed off as his breathing became more shallow then it had before. Shin moved quickly to his side, placing a hand onto the other's chest to feel the constant hammering of his heart. Kibito took in several deep breaths, shaking his head to indicate that he wasn't going to talk any more. The Kaioshin nodded, understanding that small yet meaningful shake.

"Those images; were they of your home?" He asked, gazing longingly into his eyes. Kibito nodded slowly, a painful expression coming onto his face. Shin couldn't tell if it was for the pain that was going through is body or for the pain of old memories being brought up. Whatever the reason, he knew that he had to go as fast as he could before anything else would happen to his assistant.

"Go...." Kibito heaved out, putting a hand onto his charge's shoulder and, with the strength that he could muster up, he pushed him back ever so gently. The deity nodded back at him, standing up slowly before he ran a hand across Kibito's face. "You...you...know where to go...now...."

"Get some rest now. I will be back in time. That's one promise you can trust," Shin replied, placing his hand at his side and sharply turned around. He then walked forwards towards the door before Kibito's whispering voice stopped him.

"Kaioshin-sama?"

"Hai?" The deity asked, turning his head slightly over his shoulder to glance at his bodyguard.

"I...I..."

"I know," Shin whispered, a smile coming to his lips as Kibito mustered up the energy to give a small one back at him. The God then turned his head back around, walking out of the hut and into a new journey that hopefully he would survive.

****


Once he was out of the hut, Shin kneeled down by the small bags that had been given to him for the journey he was about to go on, his light purple hands moving along them before stopping at one that was more tattered then the rest. With shaking hands, he brought it to him and opened it slowly as he peered into it. Inside sat several loaves of bread and a few other types of food he didn't recognize but still seemed edible. The Kaioshin stared at the contents as he sat down onto the ground, trying to keep his hands from shaking the bag but even he couldn't keep himself calm. It was hard enough to see into the bag without his shaking body making it move even more so.

He didn't know why he was so nervous about this, but he didn't believe it was that kind of feeling that was making him shake. It was the fact that he was going to do this alone and without any other help from Kibito. The God knew he depended on his bodyguard to help him do many things, and he never thought the day would come when he was going to have to do something like this on his own. Wherever he went, Kibito wasn't more then a few steps behind or no more then a few rooms down from him. A lot of people would think that the other was too protective of him, and they were right in some sense. He could be overprotective of his charge, but that steamed from the fact that the deity was the last remaining Kaioshin and he was the only one that held any and all of the secrets of the universe. Of course, there was love mixed in with that protectiveness even though neither showed it around other people.

"Sir?" A small voice called out to him. Shin blinked his eyes, looking up sharply to see a small girl, no more then the age of seven, standing in front of him, her hands clasped in front of her. Her large blue eyes stared into Shin's ebony eyes, her wild black hair going out in every direction. She was clothed in a light pink robe that covered most of her tanned skin.

"Yes, little one?" He asked, closing the bag as he set it aside. The child took a step forwards, her eyes blinking slowly.

"Are you sad for your friend?" She asked in that innocent tone that Shin had found with so many other children he had come across. He barely remembered his own innocence in his brief childhood before he started his Kaioshin training. All of it changed in one moment, and he wished he could have changed it for the better but other things had come from those lost seconds that would change his mind about it.

"Not as much as you think," The Kaioshin lied, managing a smile that he hoped would deter the child's thoughts for the moment. It didn't work in this case.

"I can tell you are. You don't have to lie to me. I can tell when people are lying to me. At least, most of the time I can."

"How so?"

"By the way that your eyes had darted away when you spoke. You care for him, don't you?"

"As a friend, yes," He stammered out, drawing his breath in.

"You don't have to lie. I may be a child, but I can tell things about people." She smiled gently at him. "Don't worry. He will be okay. You'll be okay. Everything will be."

"Little one, you shouldn't be concerned with me. You should worry about your own life."

The child was silent for a moment, her eyes looking down before she gazed back up at him slightly. She then held out one of her hands towards the God, in which a half withered red rose was enclosed. She nodded towards him as Shin moved his hand towards the flower, his eyes moving from the girl to the flower then back up again. He wrapped his fingers around the top of the rose as the child removed her hand from it. Shin brought the rose to himself as a single red petal fell upon his lap, his eyes locking onto the rest of the flower. A gust of wind moved around him, moving the rose petal out of his lap and into the wind itself.

"Why did you give this to me?" Shin asked, breaking his gaze away from the rose for a moment. He blinked his eyes when he saw that the child wasn't there anymore as if she seemingly vanished into thin air. Interesting how a child's mind can become, He thought to himself, standing up quickly as he placed the rose into one of the few bags that were around him before he picked up each one, positioning them on his small body.

Not a second later did a flash of light move around Shin before it consumed him totally. A split moment later, the light faded and there was nothing left but the blades of grass that moved in the wind.

To Be Continued......