Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Kaioshin Saga: Story 3: A Truth Untold II: Blue Moon ❯ Chapter 4: Breaking into the Past ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Truth Untold II:

Blue Moon

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the original characters (if any) and the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter 4: Breaking into the Past

In what it seemed like forever to him but was only a few short moments, Shin found the light that he had seemingly traveled in disappear from around him, revealing slowly the new place he had come upon. At first, he thought that the means of transportation that he had used was a bit rusty and didn't work since most of that was normally done by Kibito anyways, but when there was no camps, huts or any people in his short sight, he figured that he was now in the place that he was meant to be in. Kibito's home planet. The place the other had hoped no one would ever have go back upon or know about.

There wasn't much to look at from the first few moments that he had been there. The deity had transported himself into a small meadow that was probably in the middle of nowhere, far away from anyone that would know anything about what was causing Kibito's illness or who knew that there was a stranger on the planet. There were a few trees scattered about, mostly grass and clumps of flowers about, but little else that he could see. It didn't seem like there was any wars going on or, if there was, it had ceased for the moment, leaving him out of it for the time being.

Shin moved his ebony eyes around, trying to find a place to stash the bags so that he could come back to them later as he placed several of them onto the ground. He didn't want anyone to know what was in them nor did he want anything to happen to them. In fact, he didn't want anyone to really know that he was there unless need be. Of course, the Kaioshin knew that the only way that he was ever going to find a cure for Kibito was to ask the right people at the right times. He didn't know how long ago the wars on this planet had ceased if they had at all since his bodyguard was last on it many years ago. That didn't matter to him now. All that mattered to him was Kibito.

"A outsider. How nice," A raspy voice snapped from not far behind Shin, making the tiny, purple God drop the remaining bags he held in his hands as his back straightened up in fear. He barely heard the rustling sound of the grass moving as a stranger moved around him then not even a foot in front of him. He resembled Kibito somewhat, and the deity figured that the species would have a common look between them, but this one had several scars on his face as his silver-like hair moved in the wind. His eyes looked lost yet held a certain anger in them as he stood before the God, his attention solely on the light purple being that stood in front of him. He wore what the deity thought looked like the same clothing that Kibito wore, but the colors were duller and looked more torn then normal. He quickly dismissed any idea's the link between the two, which was the farthest thing from his mind at the moment.

"Wh....who are yo....you?" Shin stammered out, getting into a defensive stance. Even though he wasn't the strongest being in the universe, his mind made up for what he lacked in body strength. He could hold someone in place with that mind alone so long as he or she wasn't stronger then his mind. It was a talent that the Dai Kaioshin had found to be useful at times when Shin was a child no more then the age of twelve. He remembered the few times that the Dai took him on his own rare journey's out into the universe, showing the child how his mind capabilities would come in hand in the future at some point.

"That's none of your business. At least, for now it isn't," The other said curtly as he narrowed his eyes as he looked Shin over before raising an eyebrow. He suppressed a snicker, his head bowing slightly before he raised it again.. "Hmmm....interesting...."

"What's interesting?"

"Your clothes. I haven't seen that kind in many years," He replied, a lost look coming upon his face before it vanished just as quickly as it had came. Shin dropped his guard for the moment, confused at what the stranger was saying as he stared at him.

"What do you mean you haven't seen this in many years? Give an explanation!"

"Sure as hell got some of the last one's demanding nature. I can tell."

"Last one's nature?" Now he was getting all confused, but he quickly shook that off as he got into the stance that he held a few seconds before. "Just because I look like a child doesn't mean that I think like one. Don't try to confuse me to get me to let my guard down."

"Confuse you?" The other blinked his eyes, snorting a bit. "I suppose they don't teach you as much as they have in the past or perhaps they do. Been a long time since I've been under any of their guidance."

"Who in the hell are you talking about?"

"The Kaioshins, you idiot. You are one, aren't you?"

Those words nearly made the deity fall over with surprise as his mouth dropped open to say something but no words came out. How in the hell does this one know of the Kaioshins? I thought no one knew about them outside of the Kaios, He thought frantically, looking around for a moment before looking down at the bags that he had brought with him. At this moment he wished Kibito was with him instead of being sick many light years away. Perhaps he knew what this stranger was talking about. Perhaps he could explain who he was and why he knew of the Kaioshins.

"First off, you are correct to assume that no one knows about the Kaioshins outside of Heaven, Hell, and everything that makes them up. Except for a limited few, I assure you that much," The stranger replied, smirking at the expression that was on the deity's face as he raised his head up to gaze at a passing bird before he placed his eyes back onto the deity. It was now a look of pure horror that none could surpass it in the future. "Second, yes I can read minds, but I want to hear the answers from your mouth instead. Thirdly, which Kaioshin are you?"

"Um....." Shin stammered, half afraid of what this stranger would do to him, half sworn to the laws that the Dai had set down years ago about not telling anyone who you were.

"Would you rather have me pluck the answer from your mind? I can do that even though I was taught it wasn't right to enter one's mind with that person's permission."

"East." That single word was all that came out of the Kaioshin's mouth as he dropped his hands to his sides, defeated in the sense that he couldn't keep anything from this one if he already knew about the Kaioshin's. How he knew was a question beyond doubt.

"East, you say?" He unclasped his hands from behind his back with a wondering look on his face as he semi-smiled. "I thought that you were taller then before. And you said that you'd never set foot back onto this planet again, did you not?"

"Excuse me?" Shin asked, blinking his eyes with confusion. "You must be confusing me with my father. He was the last East Kaioshin before he died. Didn't know until later."

"Ah, I see. Like father, like son." The stranger sighed as he shook his head. "And the others? Are they okay?"

"They are dead," Shin whispered in a small voice, lowering his hurt gaze down to the ground again. The memory of what had happened to the Kaioshin a year ago was one that he didn't want, and he had asked Kibito many times to rid him of it with no avail. Kibito had insisted that the memory of certain things may be painful, but it was worth keeping it for the future.

"Dead? That's impossible. The Kaioshin can't die."

"Immortal as we may be, we can still die."

"How did they die?"

"Majin hand. That is all that I am going to tell you."

"Majin, huh? Didn't think it would take this long for them to reach Kaioshin-Kai."

"What!?!?" Shin cried out, jerking his head up with a hint of anger in his eyes. Now he had enough of hearing how much this person knew of this planet and needed to get some answers. "Explain yourself! How you know about the Kaioshins and Kaioshin-Kai?"

"When you are a bodyguard of a God, it is somewhat hard not to become involved with matters of the universe and such."

The God opened his mouth once again to speak only to close it quickly. The anger that was in his eyes now grew, his mind swirling with everything that had happened and everything that was going on. He didn't know how he had gotten into this whirlwind, but it was becoming apparent that this stranger wasn't really a stranger to the Kaioshin anymore. He was more like a zombie from a tale he was told not too long ago by a friend.

"Akira," He breathed, the heat of his anger in his voice. "You traitor."

"Ah, so you know my name, East Kaioshin even if you call me a traitor. I supposed that the Kaioshin before you told you of me."

"No, there was no mention of you while he was still alive or from the other Kaioshin. In fact, I didn't know you or this planet existed until a little while ago."

"And who might have told you that?" The newly named stranger demanded, a hint of fear wrapping itself around his words.

"Think, Akira. Think really hard. Which person did you want to send back to this planet when he was just a child?"

"I figured it was him," Akira replied, growling something under his breath as a light went off in his head. "It wasn't my fault that I had to do that. It was either have Kaioshin-Kai swarmed with Majins or have Kibito placed into their hands. It was the only way to make sure that the planet was..."

"Be quiet. I don't want to hear that excuse even if you are telling it to the wrong East Kaioshin," The deity replied, picking up one of the bags that he had placed onto the ground and turned his back to the stranger. He started to walk away from him, his anger spilling out even though he didn't know why. He only heard of the first Majin encounter on Kaioshin-Kai from Kibito, and he hadn't been in the middle of the fight to begin with. "I don't have time to understand what made you do what Kibito says you did. Right now, I have more important things to do."

"If you are a Kaioshin, where is your bodyguard?" Akira called out to him as the Kaioshin walked a little ways away before stopping. He turned his head sharply over his shoulder, glaring at the stranger as he did.

"That is none of your business where Kibito is right now. It is only mine and mine alone."

"He is still alive?" The other cried out, taking several steps forwards. "I'd thought he'd be dead by now from the....." He stopped talking as soon as Shin turned his body around, now totally aware that he knew more then just about the Kaioshins.

"From the what?" Shin demanded, taking a step forwards as he tilted his head.

"Nothing. It is nothing."

"From the poison that you gave him?"

"I'd never do such a thing to Kibito," Akira snapped out, his eyes going wide before he shook his head. "Poisoning someone isn't my style."

"If you didn't, would you know anything about the poison?"

"Possibly since there are many poisonous things around here that would take years for it to work on him."

"How many years?"

"I don't know! I think about two or three, but time on Kaioshin-Kai is different for the rest of the universe. Two or three years on that planet could very well mean hundreds of thousands of years in the universe or vice versa. But, then again, there are poisons that aren't very dangerous and that person may not know that he or she is poisoned until half of their life is gone."

"Then why is it hurting him now if you don't think it is so dangerous?"

"I made it before I knew he had the healing power he has now. With training, that power could possibly make anything dormant, even poison. But I don't know. It is a guess. I didn't expect him to still be alive even if he is on Kaioshin-Kai or still under the protection of the Kaioshins."

"Tell me where I can find the antidote to it. Time is running out, and I don't want that to happen."

"Antidote to a poison that was done many years ago?"

"Tell me! Right now Kibito is dying, and I must get it before he does die," Shin growled, pain on his face as he dropped the bag down onto the ground.

"No. It is just too easy to do it."

"Please," The deity begged, his eyes reflecting in the sun. Akira turned his body sideways, his eyes looking into the distant horizon as he remained silent. This stranger knew he would be going against what he had set out since he knew of the child, but that was a long time ago. The Majin threat was still there, of course, but it wasn't as strong as it was before. Not without the strongest ones alive.

"What would you do for it?" Akira asked after about five minutes of total silence.

"Anything. Anything at all."

"Good. Let's get started then. Pick up your bags and let's go. We've got a journey ahead of us," He replied, glancing over his shoulder at the God. "And no flying. I don't want other people to know about this."

"What....?" Shin started before the other cut him off.

"You said that you would do anything to get the antidote?"

"Yes, I did."

"Then do this one thing for me and I'll see what I can do to help it. After all, there isn't a lot of antidotes to poisons that are on this planet."

"Uh...." Was all that came from Shin as Akira moved forwards, leaving the deity to pick up the bags himself. Shin grumbled something under his breath, picking up each bag before rushing off to keep up with the stranger that he knew he shouldn't trust.

The deity knew it was going to be one of those times that he wished everything would be over with.

****

He found it to be quite boring without anyone to talk to even if people were coming in and out every half hour as Kibito laid on his stomach, his chin resting on his crossed arms that laid on top of the pillow. Without Shin there, time seemed to drag on and on until he couldn't figure out how long he had been there or how much time had really passed. He figured it had only been an hour and a half since Shin had left the small planet, but the bodyguard could have been wrong. It could have been more or less, depending on what the shamans told him.

Kibito sighed as he closed his eyes, a sick feeling washing over him. He had felt that way in the short time he had been there, throwing up twice since then but there wasn't much food that he had eaten that would make him do so. He felt weaker since he had the first symptoms, his muscles aching every so often from this sickness. At times he felt hot then other times he felt cold with the hot and cold feelings sometimes coming at him all at once without warning. At this point, all he wanted to do was sleep until his charge came back. Sleep so that he wouldn't feel this sick again.

"Sir, are you feeling better?" A small, meek voice asked from the entrance of the hut. Kibito opened his eyes as he moved his left cheek towards the voice. There, standing a little ways into the hut, was a small girl, a white rose clasped in both of her hands. He slightly smiled at her the best way that he could as she walked up to him, his eyes showing exactly how he felt.

"I'm feeling a little bit better. Thank you," Kibito replied, watching the child sit down next to the mattress he laid upon.

"You look more pale then you did before. You need to sleep," She instructed him in a semi-stern manner.

"Really? Shouldn't you sleep as well? It is getting late and you should be doing the same thing you instructed me to do."

"I really don't need any sleep. I can go a couple of days without sleep," She replied matter-of-factly. Kibito let out a small laugh, his smile getting just a little bit bigger then it had before. "Besides, sleep isn't important. You getting better is."

"You are starting to sound like Shin."

"He is worried about you even if he doesn't show it. I saw him before he left."

"You did?" The other replied, his eyes perking up. "How was he?"

"Nervous. I could tell it by the way his eyes looked before he left. Sad too. I think a little bit of every emotion in him that can be seen in anyone. What do you think about it?"

"I think he is scared to leave, but it is for his own best," Kibito replied as he closed his eyes once again to starve off the tiredness that he was beginning to feel. It wasn't the kind of tiredness that one would get if that person was about to die, but it was a tiredness that he didn't want to feel. The bodyguard was actually scared of going to sleep without the small deity on the same planet or at a place where he could easily get to him. In his state, Kibito didn't have the strength to move or to transport himself anywhere for that moment.

He opened his eyes to look at the girl, but when he did, he found that the child was gone. No traces of her could be found as he pushed himself up with what little strength he had left as he looked around to see if she was hiding somewhere in the hut or had just stepped out of it for a moment. There was no sign of anyone there or any footprints that someone might have left behind.

The only thing that marked the child's visit was a single white rose that laid next to the mattress.

To Be Continued.....

Author's Note: I would have done more to this chapter, but I figured that I could just wait until the next one to explain a few things. Hope everyone liked.