Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Love of the Universe ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note pt. 1: Sorry for the delay. Here is Chapter 2.Its VERY long to make up for my late update. Read, review, and enjoy!
Disclaimer: You already know that I don't own DBZ. And here's the shocker! I don't own People magazine nor did I write “Since you've been gone” by Kelly Clarkston. I know, right? I'm just borrowing them for this super cool story, lol.
Sing For The Moment - So Very Unexpected
Three months later...
Chi-Chi sat at the kitchen table making out a grocery list. Tonight, Vegeta and his biker friends were going to have a get together at the house and she was going to cook for them. It was the least that she could do. Luckily, today was her day off and she could spend as much time as she wanted at the store. Chi-Chi lived to cook. Her father taught her when she was around eight, and she's been the little chef ever since. She could make anything from scratch. Tonight's specialty, however, was barbecue. As she was writing, Vegeta walked into the room looking annoyed and Krillin was following after.
"Hey Vegeta," Chi-Chi said, not looking up from her list. "What else do you want for the dinner tonight?"
"Ooh! Some mac and cheese, ribs, hamburgers, one of those raspberry cheesecakes that you make so well. Yeah! And some-"
"She wasn't talking to you, idiot!" Vegeta huffed. Didn't this guy ever stay at his own house?” I could care less what you get. I'll eat anything."
Chi-Chi rolled her eyes. She hated when he left the decisions up to her because he usually didn't like everything that she would pick anyway. If he complained tonight, though, she was going to go upside his head with her shoe.
"So, when are you going to the grocery store?" Krillin asked.
"I'm headed out right now."
"Want me to come?"
"Well, I might be there for a few hours because I have a lot of shopping to do. You know how much you guys can eat."
Krillin backed away. "Oh yeah, right. I hate grocery shopping anyway.
Chi-Chi laughed and grabbed her purse and keys. She folded up her list, put in her purse, and waved goodbye to the two men.
When she got into her car, she felt a weird sensation. Something felt funny about today an she didn't know if it was good or bad, but she prayed that it wasn't the latter.

"This sucks!" 18 complained.
"I know, but we have to start learning how to do things on our own. What's wrong with making dinner?" Bulma said, pushing the cart down the aisle.
18 stopped. "Nothing if you could actually cook." The two women broke out into a fit of laughter.
As soon as she canceled the rest of her tour, Bulma had a lot of explaining to do about her early retirement, and then began to look for a nice city to live in. After a few weeks, she decided on Satan City, a medium sized city that was nice, pretty, quiet and safe. Goku and 18 bought homes not too far from hers. One thing that Bulma hated were drooling fans, the ones that actually worshipped everything about her. To avoid this, Bulma rarely left the house without a little disguise. Today, she was wearing a gray Orange Star University sweatshirt, a pair of jeans and a hat with her hair braided in two pigtails. Her hat sat low on her head to cover up a good portion of her face. 18 was always in character, however, with her all black ensemble and black shades. Bulma shook her head. Who couldn't she take her sunglasses off indoors? Where did she think she was, the matrix? Bulma stopped abruptly by a magazine being thrown in her face.
"Have you seen this crap?" 18 said, and dropped the magazine into Bulma's hands.
Bulma looked on the People magazine cover. The main title read, "IT'S OFFICIAL! THEY ARE IN LOVE!" And a picture of Yaumcha and Leah kissing followed. The little questions were in the middle. "How long have they been together? What does she have that Bulma didn't? And is Bulma heartbroken?"
"No, I am not heartbroken, ugh! I hate the media. They sure know how to hype shit up." Bulma said, putting the magazine back on the rack. These last few months have been good for her. She didn't have much time to think about Yaumcha and it really helped her to get over him and fast. In fact, she would show everyone, including the media exactly how she felt when she performed tonight. It was one of the few events that she just could not get out of because she was either under a strict contract, or it was something that she really wanted to do.
"I'm going to get some cereal. Don't get lost." 18 said, turning to walk away.
"Yes Mother." Bulma rolled her eyes. "I swear you guys treat me like a child. How can I get lost in a grocery store?"
18 laughed, waved her hand, and then walked away. Bulma sighed and continued rolling her buggy don the canned food aisle. Bulma looked the shelves up and down, but couldn't find anything she liked.
'It's so simple when we are ordering food, but making food is a different story. I wonder what's in the next aisle.'
Bulma turned the corner, looking up at the description of what was in the next aisle. She wasn't paying attention as she mouthed the words "frozen foods" when...
SLAM!
Bulma yelped and fell hard on her ankles her shopping cart collided with something. Bulma lifted herself on her elbows and peeked around her cart to see just what she ran into. It was another cart with a woman sitting in the same position she was in, except she was holding her arm. 'Oh shit...' Bulma thought. She really didn't feel like a lawsuit right now.
"Excuse me, but are you alright?" Bulma said, tilting her hat down a little further so that she wouldn't be recognized.
Chi-Chi's arm was hurting. All she wanted to do was get some ice cream, but instead, she ended up on the floor. It was partially her fault though. She wasn't paying attention either. She looked at the woman who just spoke.
"I'm alright. I'm really sorry about that. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going."
Bulma laughed. "Girl, me either. I'm glad that we both are all right though.
Chi-Chi smiled. This girl seemed cool. "I don't even know why I was down this aisle. Ice cream was not on my grocery list. I should be getting some hamburgers and ribs."
"Oh, so you know how to cook?"
"Yeah, I love it." Chi-Chi noticed Bulma's shirt. "Oh, I go to OSU, do you go there too?"
"Huh?" Bulma questioned, and then looked down at her shirt. "Oh! No, I don't. I was thinking about going to school though." Bulma looked up.
Chi-Chi looked at the woman and tilted her head. "Whoa."
Bulma turned her head and looked both ways. "What? Is something wrong?"
Chi-Chi shook her head. "No, but has anyone ever told you that you look like Bulma?"
Bulma laughed. Unbelievable. This girl was looking dead in her face and didn't recognize that she was the real thing. Guess these disguises really do work. "Yeah, I've heard it a few times."
This time, they both laughed. Chi-Chi never felt this comfortable around a female before. Neither one was paying attention to the people walking past them and staring. There was a short period of silence, and then Chi-Chi spoke up.
"I'm Chi-Chi by the way."
Bulma smiled and was about to speak when she heard 18 behind her.
"What the hell? Are you alright?" 18 asked as she blocked Bulma. Bulma waved her off. "Did this chick hurt you Bulma?"
Chi-Chi ignored the rudeness in the other woman's voice, but she couldn't ignore what the woman called her floor bound foe. "Bulma?"
Bulma stood and held her hand out to help Chi-Chi up. "Yeah, I didn't get to introduce myself properly. I'm Bulma."
Chi-Chi almost fell back. "Are you serious!" Bulma nodded.
Before anyone else could get a word in, 18 spoke.
"Well good. Everyone is all right. Now, if you don't mind, we have to get back to shopping." 18 grabbed the buggy and began walking away.
"Are you sure that you are alright?" Bulma asked.
"Well, my arm hurts." Chi-Chi said truthfully as she pulled up her shirt sleeve. "Damn, it's getting red. It will probably bruise."
Bulma frowned. This girl was cool, but she could still try and sue. This was definitely something that she didn't want. How could she fix this? A thought came to mind and Bulma snapped her fingers.
"Sorry again. Hey, I have an idea. Why don't you come to this concert that I'm performing in tonight?”
18 stopped and walked back towards Bulma. What was she doing?
"A show? Tonight? Well I don't know I kinda have plans."
'Kami, why is this girl being so difficult?' "Well, you will be my guests. The seats are front row and you can bring some of your friends if you like."
Chi-Chi perked up. "Really!"
"Yeah."
"Wow! Yes, yes! I'll come. I've never been to a concert tonight and I will probably be coming alone."
"That's fine, too. But there will be more than enough room in case you change your mind."
Chi-Chi gave a huge smile. "Great! Let me give you my information. This is unbelievable!"
After their information was exchanged, Bulma and 18 watched Chi-Chi leave. 18 kept quiet watching the two, but she couldn't hold it in any longer.
"Are you crazy! You don't even know her and you just up and invite her to the concert? What were you thinking?"
"Well sure I know her. She goes to Orange Star University, she's around my age, and she's clumsy.” she laughed, but 18 was fuming. Bulma threw up her hands. "Relax, 18. She didn't seem so bad. And besides, she said that she got hurt when we collided. I'm not trying to get a lawsuit. It's only one night. We probably won't even see her again after tonight."

Chi-Chi rushed home and began tearing through her closet. How wonderful was her luck today? She went to the grocery store to get food, and instead she got to meet Bulma and is her invited guest for a concert. She was so excited; she screamed the entire way home from the store. While she was giving Bulma her information, Bulma mentioned that the attire for tonight was casual. Chi-Chi learned from watching red carpet events that even if an event was casual, women still dressed up fabulous in jeans. So that's what she was going to do. She decided on a pair of low cut jeans, a deep purple peasant type shirt that hung off the shoulders, and deep purple stiletto sandals. It was times like this that she was thankful that she worked at Pizzazz! If she didn't, she wouldn't own clothes like these. It wasn't like she couldn't afford them; she just didn't dress up often. She looked at her clock. 6:00p.m. Bulma said that she would be there to pick her up at 7:30p.m. She decided that she would start getting ready early. She had to look her best, especially if they were going to be on T.V. tonight.
45 minutes later...
Chi-Chi put the finishing touches on her hair. The outfit looked good and her hair looked even better. Chi-Chi took great pride in her hair. In school, she kept it in a ponytail, but tonight, she decided to let it hang straight. No curls, no crimps. There were no split ends and it looked very healthy. She looked away from the mirror when she heard the front door open and slam shut.
'Must be Vegeta. Oh shit! Vegeta! I totally forgot about him!'
Chi-Chi ran downstairs to be greeted by Vegeta. He was sitting on the couch, flipping through channels.
"Um…Hi Vegeta." Chi-Chi said nervously.
Vegeta just kept his eyes in the television.
"I need to talk to you. You see-"
Chi-Chi was interrupted by the doorbell. "Damn." She opened the door and Krillin walked in.
"Hey guys. Chi-Chi I'm starved. I thought you would have cooked by now. What time is the barbecue?"
"Well-"
"There isn't one." Vegeta said angrily.
"What!" Chi-Chi said shocked.
"Those idiots had to run around with their women, so it's not happening tonight. Go whine and cry at your own house."
Krillin frowned. "Damn, I was hungry too."
"This is so great!" Chi-Chi chimed.
"No it's not. I'm starving. And why are you dressed like that?"
"Do I look bad?"
"No, but it's too dressy for a barbecue."
"Oh." She giggled. "I'm not dressed for that. You won't believe what happened to me today."
"What?"
"I met Bulma today!"
Krillin's eyes went wide. "Did you meet her bodyguard too?"
"Yes."
"Wow, really? Where?" That got Krillin's attention even more. He was in love with the blonde bombshell.
"At the grocery store. It was so funny. We literally ran into each other and I hurt my arm. Then she invited me to her concert tonight. Isn't that amazing?"
Krillin raised an eyebrow. "Hey, I thought she canceled all of her shows?"
"So? Maybe this is one that she couldn't get out of."
"That doesn't sound right. Are you sure it was her and not an impostor?"
"No, Krillin! I'm positive that it was her. Why don't you come with me tonight and you can see for yourself."
"Um hm. Yeah ok. I'll go. I need to keep an eye on you." Krillin said. Sometimes Chi-Chi could be so naive.
Chi-Chi rolled her eyes. Sometimes he acted so funny towards her.
"Why don't you come too, Vegeta?"
"What for?" he snapped.
"Well, it could be fun and you're not doing anything tonight, so why not?"
"Fine" was all he said and turned back to the T.V.
"Well, aren't you two going to get dressed?"
"I don't need to change." Vegeta said.
"Me either. I just got off of work and I already look decent."
Chi-Chi shrugged her shoulders. Men were nothing like women.
"So, what time is she coming?" Krillin asked.
"In about 30 minutes."
Krilin's stomach growled. "Well can you at least make me a sandwich? I'm soooo hungry"
Chi-Chi laughed and the two made their way to the kitchen.
Krillin and Vegeta sat in the living room while Chi-Chi stayed in the mirror, making sure that her hair and make-up was ok.
"Damn Chi-Chi, get out of the mirror!" Krillin said as he looked over to her.
She shot him an evil glare. "Shut up, Krillin. They are going to be here any minute."
Vegeta looked at his watch. "It's 8:30. Give it up already. Your new little "friends" aren't coming."
"So what they are a little late."
"A little late?" Krillin said, getting comfortable. It's been an hour."
Chi-Chi started getting angry and just ignored Vegeta and Krillin, but secretly she was starting to give up hope. She thought stars were on time for everything, and if this was the case, she had been stood up. She finally got out of the mirror and headed up to her room. Maybe Vegeta and Krillin were right.
As soon as she made it up the stairs, the doorbell rang. She ran down the stairs in lightning speed. "I'll get it!" she screamed, and looked over to Vegeta and Krillin, who were looking at her like she was a mad woman. "What?" she gasped as she fixed her face and opened the door to reveal a very nice looking dark haired man.
"Hi." He smiled. "Are you Chi-Chi?"
"Yes." she said a little too excited. She composed herself and tried to look mature.
Goku laughed at her giddiness. "I'm Goku. Nice to meet you. So, are you ready?"
"Yeah, hold on a second." Chi-Chi said as she smiled and closed the door. She lay against the door, closed her eyes, took a deep breath and jumped up and down screaming. She had to get it all out so that she wouldn't look like a crazed fan all night around her famous guests. "Whoo!" she said and took a few deep breathes to calm herself. "So, are you two ready?"
Krillin blinked twice. "She's crazy."
"I knew it all along." Vegeta smirked.
"Oh shut up you two. Let's go." she said and opened the door. "We're ready."
Goku held in his laugh. This girl was so excited. It didn't hurt that she was attractive. She had two guys with her and he wondered if either one of them were her boyfriend.
They walked up to the black stretch limo and Goku held the door open for them and the three climbed inside to see a smiling Bulma and her bodyguard. Krillin and Chi-Chi sat on the opposite side of them, and Vegeta sat right next to Bulma. When Goku got in, he sat next to Chi-Chi.
"Hey everybody!" Bulma chimed. "I'm glad you decided to bring friends, Chi-Chi."
"Thanks for inviting us. This is my friend Krillin, and that's my cousin, Vegeta." she said as she pointed to each of the men.
"Nice to meet you both. I guess I'll start with my introductions. On my left, is my bodyguard-"
"18" Krillin interrupted, as he reached out, grabbed her had and kissed it. Bulma watched her face and noticed her trying to fight back a smile. It was priceless.
Bulma giggled at the two. 18 had a fan. "I almost lost my train of thought. This is my manager and best friend, Goku. But I'm sure he already introduced himself when he knocked at your door."
Chi-Chi nodded and looked him over again. She could tell that he was older, but he had the most adorable schoolboy smile. He was wearing an all black suit that matched with 18's black blouse and pants. He was so cute. "So, what's it like being Bulma's manager? I bet you get a lot of women, huh?"
"Actually, no. I'm single."
"Oh." she said calmly, but on the inside she was cheering. 'Oh get it together, this guy isn't thinking about you. You're a regular person and he's rich and famous.'
In all actuality, she would have probably pissed her pants if she knew what he was thinking at that very moment. He turned his gaze away from her.
'She looks great. Hopefully running into a beautiful woman at the grocery store will turn out to be a good thing...for me.'
"Bulma mentioned that you two collided earlier," Goku said. "How's your arm?"
"It's fine. I thought that it was going to bruise, but it didn't."
"Well that's good to hear." Bulma said. " I wish I could say the same. I hurt my ankle when I fell and it's starting to swell. It hurts when I stand or walk, but hopefully to sit down when I perform."
"Oh yeah, about that. I thought you canceled your tour."
"I did. This concert just came into the works a few weeks ago. It's called "Heartbreak Hotel". Since this was a big year for celebrity break-ups, what better way to capitalize on their sadness and pain by throwing it in their face." She rolled her eyes.
"Some why are you doing it?"
"Because, I'm so over my ex, and I'm sick of all of these magazines and newspapers saying that I am so heartbroken. Hopefully this will shut them up."
"Well that's a good reason."
Bulma nodded and turned to Vegeta.
"So, you and Chi-Chi are cousins?"
"Yes." he mumbled.
"I can definitely see the resemblance." Bulma decided to break the ice with him because he was the only one who wasn't talking. "So, what do you do?"
"He owns his own motorcycle shop." Chi-Chi said before Vegeta could get it out. He glared at her.
"Oh...fast and the furious I see."
Vegeta grunted. "That's what all of you women think. It's much more than that."
"I know. I do a little riding myself."
Vegeta looked at her and she smiled sweetly. She seemed like a girly girl, not a rider. "Ha! Don't make me laugh."
"I'm serious. I have a Suzuki Storm 1500."
"Get real. Those aren't scheduled to come out until-"
"Early 2007. Yeah, I know. Suzuki gave me one when I ended my tour. It's so much faster than my other bikes."
Vegeta folded his arms and looked unfazed. Actually Vegeta was rather impressed. He had a few women in his biker club, but they were more like tomboys than this petite, girly girl.
"So, how does it ride?"
"I love it! And it's great going fast around curves."
Vegeta smirked, just imaging how it was. "I have to get one of those."
Bulma simply smiled.
'This guy is really cute and man does he have a great body!' she thought noticing how all of muscles showed through his tight black t-shirt. With the designer jeans he was wearing, he could also double for a model.
The limo stopped and the driver opened the door for everyone to get out.
"Alright, it's show time!" Goku announced and climbed out.
Chi-Chi and Krillin climbed out followed by 18. When Vegeta got out, Bulma stopped him.
"Vegeta, can you help me out, please?"
Honestly, he didn't want to, but seeing that it was cameras everywhere, he didn't want to embarrass her.
He held his hand out for her and she gently placed her hand in his and he noticed how soft her hands were. When she completely stepped out, he stared. She was a few inches shorter than him and she was wearing blue jeans and a black see through shawl with a spaghetti strap tank underneath. Why was she single again? Oh yeah, her idiot ex cheated again? Oh yeah, her idiot ex cheated. If he left her, this other chick that he banged must be beyond perfect.
He snapped out of his thoughts as he noticed Bulma falling on him. He quickly steadied her and he was temporarily paralyzed as she held onto his chest for support and looked up into his eyes. It didn't take him long to recover, but she still held on.
'How sappy.' he rolled his eyes and scowled.
"I'm sorry." Bulma whispered. The cameras were steadily flashing. "My ankle hurts really bad. I thought that I would be ok, but I guess not. Can you walk with me down the red carpet? I would hate to bust my ass and be in every newspaper tomorrow, please?"
Vegeta humphed and nodded. Bulma smiled and mouthed a "thank you" and straightened up as she locked arms with him. As they were walking, all you could hear was "Bulma! Bulma! Over here!" She looked and waved while Vegeta kept a blank face and stared straight. When they reached the end, they caught up with the others and one of the ushers.
"Oh my Kami! Bulma! That was SO cool!" Chi-Chi said excitedly.
Bulma laughed. "That's how I felt at first."
"Bulma! We need to get you set up for your performance." The usher said.
"Ok." Bulma said and let go of Vegeta's arm. "Thanks again."
With that, the usher wised Bulma away.
"Well, let's get to our seats." Goku said as he put his arm around Chi-Chi's waist. She blushed. "Are you alright? You're all red."
"I'm fine." Chi-Chi said as she gave a nervous giggle. How embarrassing.
18 frowned. He was so clueless.
Krillin looked at 18. "Do you always wear sunglasses?"
"Yeah, why?"
"No reason, I was just wondering what you looked like without them on. I bet you're eyes are pretty. Can I see them?"
18 hesitated at first, but decided to take them off because he was the only one who said anything about it besides Bulma and Goku. She took her sunglasses off to reveal icy blue eyes.
"Wow. They are even more beautiful than I thought."
She blushed and tucked a blonde strand of hair behind her ear.
"18 you're all red too! Whoa, you two must have the same thing." Goku said, trying to feel her forehead.
"Shut up!" 18 fumed and slapped his hand away. "Let's just go."
The show was interesting to say the least. Not that it was bad, it was just so damn depressing. Every dumped singer sang depressing songs and it was getting too sad. A couple of people in the audience cried and others looked ready to kill themselves. Vegeta and Goku were fighting sleep, 18 and Krillin were getting to know each other and Chi-Chi was looking around.
"Do they have an intermission?" She whispered as she nudged his shoulder.
"Huh? Oh, no they don't." He leaned in also and their noses almost touched. Chi-Chi tried to keep her composure, but he was so dreamy. He flashed a pearly white smile and her heart melted. They shot up when they heard gasps all around them.
"What the fuck is this about?" 18 said as she pointed to the stage. The group looked to see Leah walking up to the microphone. "That bitch better not introduce Bulma. Damn, I hate the media!"
By the way the woman's presence angered 18, he assumed that this was the woman of Bulma's ex. She was barely average. What in the hell was that dud thinking?
"I'm sure it be cool." Krillin said as he reached out and rubbed 18's hand.
Although it seemed like she was unaffected on the outside, she was very much affected on the inside. Why was she so attracted to this man? Sure he was cute, but she never felt this strong about some one she just met.
"Hi!" Leah said bubbly. "I'm sure you all know who I am. Yes, that's right. I'm Yaumcha's girl." She paused for applause, but instead received a mix of applause and a whole lot of BOOs. "Hmm, whatever. My album went platinum, so obviously some people love me. Anyhoo, I'm here to present our final singer of the night. She's the ex of my man. Bulma." She mumbled Bulma's name.
The crowd cheered and Bulma slowly walked on to the stage. When she and Leah were face to face, Leah gave her an evil glare.
“Try not to make them cry too much.” She laughed and walked off to watch backstage. The crowd died down.
“Listen, I don't plan to sing you a sob story because that's not how I'm feeling. I put that drama behind me a few months ago. I hope my song choice for tonight won't disappoint you because it doesn't fit the “heartbroken” portion of this show.” With that, the music started.
'Here's the thing we started off friends
It was cool but it was all pretend
Yeah yeah
Since you've been gone
You dedicated you took the time
Wasn't long till I called you mine
Yeah Yeah
Since you've been gone
And all you'd ever hear me say
Is how I pictured me with you
That's all you'd ever hear me say
But since you've been gone
I can breathe for the first time
I'm so movin on
Yeah yeah
Thanks to you
Now I get
What I want
Since you've been gone'
Crowd cheered and rocked to the music. This definitely changed the mood of the building. Chi-Chi smiled at the crowd's energy. Bulma definitely could light up a room. She was glad she bumped into her today.
Vegeta sat back and listened. This song she could tolerate. It was still filled with feminine lyrics, but the rock tone was much better than the “I want to die if I can't have you in my life” lyrics. He was surprised at how different she was than they was he first saw her on T.V. A few months back. Celebrities were fake most of the time, though. It was no matter; he wouldn't see her anymore after tonight anyway.
'How can I put it? You put me on
I even fell for that stupid love song
Yeah yeah
since you've been gone
How come I never hear you say
I just wanna be with you
I guess you never felt that way
But since you've been gone
I can breathe for the first time
Im so movin on
Yeah yeah
Thanks to you
Now I get
I get what I want
Since you've been gone
You had your chance you blew it
Out of sight, out of mind
Shut your mouth I just can't take it
Again and again and again and again
Since you've been gone
I can breathe for the first time
Im so movin on
Yeah yeah
Thanks to you
Now I get
I get what I want
Since you've been gone'
“This song turned out great.” Goku said to 18. She nodded.
“I've never heard this one before.” Chi-Chi said.
“Yeah. It's new. When Bulma decided to do this concert, she couldn't find one of her songs that she wanted to perform, so she started writing a new one.” Goku said.
This woman was giving him a strange feeling. He was trying to push it away, but he couldn't. Since getting into this business, Goku never really had a relationship. Now that he was semi-retired, he thought about settling down, but he wasn't interested in anyone. Until now.
He would try to stay in touch with Chi-Chi to see how it goes.
When the song ended, the crowd cheered. Bulma left the stage and took off her shoes. Her ankle was killing her and it was a long ride home.

The next morning, Bulma awoke on the couch. By the time they left the concert and dropped of their guests, it was 2:30 in the morning. She was so tired when she walked; she threw off her clothes and fell out right on the sofa. She rubbed her neck. Having a hurt neck was the worst part of sleeping on the couch. She stood up, stretched, and walked to check her cell phone. The annoying continuous chirp was what woke her up in the first place, When she flipped open, she was shocked to see that she had 54 voice mail messages. Then the phone rang and the caller ID showed "manager" and she answered.
"What's up Goku?"
"Bulma, what are you doing?" he sounded panicked.
"Nothing, I just woke up. Are you alright?"
"The damn media has been calling me all morning!"
"Kami, me too. It's probably because we didn't attend the after party."
"Um, I don't think that's why they are calling."
"Then why?"
"You really don't know! Have you watched the news today? Or Good day Live?" he practically screamed.
"Calm down, damn!" Bulma fussed. "I told you that I just woke up."
"Do you get the paper?"
"Yes, why?"
"Go get it and I look at the front page."
"Alright, I swear you always overact. I bet it's nothing."
"Ok, well see how you feel after you see it."
Bulma walked to the front door and cracked it open just enough to reach out and grab the rolled up newspaper. She took off the rubber band and started opening the paper as she was walking back to the couch. She saw a huge front page headline that read, "BULMA'S NEW LOVE!” then looked down right below the words to see two pictures, one of her and Vegeta when she fell on him. They look like they were getting ready to kiss, and another picture of them walking arm and arm down the red carpet. Bulma's eyes went wide with shock and she dropped her phone.
"Oh, Kami. Why me!"
Author's Note Pt. 2" Whew! Ok, so what has Bulma gotten herself into? Find out in the next chapter. I promise you it won't take as long as this chapter took. Please review!
Until Next Time...
Ja!