Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Price Of Power ❯ Chapter: 7a ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Price Of Power


" rrrr " Speech

< rrrr > Thoughts

<< rrrr >> Inward voice

<> rrrr <> Telepathy


A/N: This chapter has become much larger then I thought. So to make things easier to read I have split it up into a & b parts, maybe even c. Enjoy!! and as always thanks for the interest in the story. :))


Chapter: 7a


<><><><><><><><> ;


Three day's had passed since Evil-Lyn's gruesome ordeal at the hands of Skeletor. Her body still hadn't completely recovered, in spite of the many hours of applying healing herbs, and different assortment of spells she tried. As a result, she now dawned a dark purple cloak and cowl to hide the burn mark's that weren't healed.


Her hatred for Skeletor had now risen to new heights. She vowed to kill him, even at the cost of her own life. But she knew Skeletor also knew this, and he would be prepared for anything she tried. She also knew he would most likely get rid of her soon, whether he defeated He-Man or not. Before the incident her power's were growing stronger as the days went on. This was a threat to him, much more so then in previous years. And now given he had tried to kill her with his torture, she would be to dangerous for him to keep around.


Evil-Lyn though, had her own plan's to stay alive, and at the same time grab the title of Master Of Evil which Skeletor holds. And the biggest piece of that plan involved Kakarotto. He was a mystery to her, but she knew he was powerful. She replayed the romp around the forest again and smiled at the way he easily dealt with her.


< Yes ...my plan can really work as long as he agrees to help me. I'm sure the both of us can take Skeletor. >


Skeletor's last words to her were to see that she doesn't fail. She had no intention of failing to acquire her new partner, and would result to any means to do so. She now was heading towards the same inn, hoping her target would be there. As she walked, a few people gave her strange looks, but most paid her no mind. After a couple minutes she made it to her destination. Taking a deep breath she walked through the door's praying he would be there. She looked around, and became a bit fearful, but soon became encouraged as she saw Kakarotto eating at a table in the back.


She headed towards him, ignoring the waitresses attempt to seat her somewhere else. Strangely, Evil-Lyn started to pray to the God the shadow being in her dreams refereed to. She wasn't sure why she did this, but it seemed strangely appropriate for the moment.


Kakarotto stopped eating as Evil-Lyn walked through the doors. He figured she would try and contact him and gave her a smile as she stopped in front his table.


" Please, sit down. "


Evil-Lyn did as instructed and took more deep breath's before beginning to explain why she was there. She was a little nervous offering her proposal in such a public place, but his table was isolated from the others and as long as they talked softly no one would hear anything of their conversation.


" Hello Kakarotto ... I want to know if you've given any thought about the proposal I offered before? "


" I have ... and the answer is the same. I'm still not interested. "


" Perhaps I can change your mind with my latest offer ... I am prepared to offer you anything for your services, and I mean anything ...." She said the last part in a slow and seductive manner hoping he would get the point.


Kakarotto gave her a strange look. He didn't figure Skeletor would get this desperate to have his help, or was it even Skeletor he wondered? Regardless, he decided to play along to see what she was really up to.


" Would anything, mean yourself? ... I thought you weren't that type of woman ... " He said with a slight smile.


" I'm not ... but I'm willing to have your help at any cost. " She said returning his smile.


" You keep stressing the term 'Your help'. I thought your master sent you here to acquire my services? Or are you now out for your own? "


Kakarotto tried to read her mind, but found she kept it pretty well guarded, as some sort of mental shield stopped him from entering. He could of applied more power and forced his way in, but in the past that had caused the person to experience extreme pain, resulting in severe brain damage. So he just let her be for now, figuring she would eventually tell him what he wanted to know.


" Yes, he did send me to acquirer your services, but I believe we would work much better together, without him "


" Really? ... Why do you believe that? " He asked with a smile.


" To be honest, I'm not sure. Something about you just makes me feel we would. " She said with a slight blush.


" Okay ... So what do you have in mind? "


Evil-Lyn smiled at his statement. This was going much easier then she expected, and felt good at the chances of her plan succeeding.


" Not here, I'm sure someone such as yourself would have a place that is immune to surveillance devices. " She said taking a quick glance at the ceiling.


Kakarotto knew instantly why she wanted to go someplace else. A couple of minutes after Evil-Lyn had first sat down, he sensed a small power coming from high up in the inn ceiling.


< Well, he certainly likes to keep track of her. That seems like the same device that was recording us back in the forest. >


" I see Skeletor like's to keep track of you ... Can't say I blame him though. You are a striking woman ... " He said with a wink and a smile.


Evil-Lyn sat speechless for a moment. Even though she had offered anything for his services, she still turned red as a beat at his compliment.


< He is quite handsome ...I think I will like this arrangement if he agrees. >


Kakarotto was a little shocked at his flirtatious actions. He definitely found her physically attractive, but so did many other women he had met over the years. But unlike the others, Evil-Lyn, like Seih, seemed to possess something extra. Whenever he was in Seih's presence she made him feel comfortable somehow. Now that same feeling, strange by it's sudden occurrence, was coming over him in this woman presence, who he had only known for a few days.


" Shall we be going? ... " Kakarotto extended his hand over the table, in a manner that showed he wanted her to take it.


Evil-Lyn's heart was racing. This was what she wanted, but yet she felt hesitant and scared.


< Why do I feel like this? I'm like a scared child ...-->


<> See? ... Your power is here! <> Evil-Lyn's heart began to race even faster as she recognized the voice speaking to her.


<> I lied not to you! Now grasp it, and rule!! <>


< You ...your real!! >


<> Of course child ... did you think I was just a figment of your imagination? <>


< Well yes! ...Who or what are you?! ...>


<>I told you before, I am power ... Now, enough of these questions! Here is the power I promised. Grasp it and rule! ...<>


Mustering her courage, Evil-Lyn raised a slightly trembling hand and grasped Kakarotto's as she was instructed. Kakarotto knew something strange was happening. First, the woman who had offered herself to him for the exchange of his help, was now looking like a scared child. Second, a very small amount of Ki energy had went out of him, without his doing. He reasoned it could be only one thing and made a mental note to deal with that thing later. But for now he had more important issue's to take care of. Giving Evil-Lyn a reassuring smile, he teleported them both back to his frozen hideaway.


<><><><>


The light of the twin moons of Vimoche Prime, blanketed over the beautiful plains of the Baruch valley. Named after the previous king, it certainly lived up to it's meaning, blessed. It was by far the most beautiful and fertile area of the entire planet. Many people from around the planet and many off worlder's came regularly to admire it's beauty.


But there was one standing in it now that wasn't there for it's beauty. One oblivious to the spectacular scene all around them, as they were to absorbed in their own dilemma.


" Why won't he love me my God ... why? ... "


Seih broke down right in the middle of the field, and wept uncontrollably, for an hour. Her problems with Kakarotto were taking it's toll on her. She had tried to contact him and smooth everything over between them for her jealousy and foolish comments, but every time she tried to do so he told her he didn't have time to talk at the moment. She didn't have a problem with him not being able to talk, as she figured he just needed some time to cool off. But in the back ground she could here a woman's voice giggling, and that caused her heart to sink like it was a boulder in a ocean.


" Why?! Why?!! Why?!!! " She screamed over and over again, as she pounded the ground with her fist's.


As she was on her knee's weeping and beating the ground. The light from the twin moons began to encase her, causing her body to sparkle like a finely cut diamond.


<> Be still my child, he does love you. Since the beginning you were meant for him. And what I have prepared for you know one can take away. <>


Suddenly as if nothing happened she stopped crying, the moon light seemed to be wiping away her tears. She raised herself off the ground and stood with renewed strength.


" I will have you ... Give me strength my God to pursue him, and to believe what you have told me. Give me faith to not doubt, but believe fully, that what you said is true. "


" Momma! Momma! "


Without notice she heard the sound a child calling for it's mother. She looked around and from the direction of the Palace, she saw a young boy, no older then five running towards her. She was shocked, but instinctively opened her arm's to receive the child. But as she was about to embrace him, he passed right through her and vanished. Looking shocked for a moment, she quickly realized it was a vision.


" Thank you ... Lord Patamowos ... Thank you ... "


<><><><>


Snake Mountain, a dark and Evil place, full of the most detestable of being's. Inside it's insidious wall's stood the throne room of the self proclaimed Master Of Evil. Many of those who served him did so either out of fear or because they lusted for power. Evil-Lyn, was one who did so out of the lust for power. And now she was ever closer to getting the power she desired. She had managed to talk Kakarotto into going along with her plan to overthrow Skeletor. Now Kakarotto stood before Skeletor, as the Master Of Evil wanted to see for himself the person who nearly took He-Man's life.


" So ... where do you hail from Kakarotto? ... " Asked Skeletor


" From a distant land ... " Kakarotto replied nonchalantly.


" Which land? ... " Skeletor responded a bit irritated.


" Vegeta ... "


" I've never heard of a part of Eternia named Vegeta."


Kakarotto remained silent, refraining himself from giving any more info on the subject, which irritated Skeletor even more.


" So tell me, what was that power you used on He-Man? I've never seen anything like that blue sphere ... " He said trying to get Kakarotto to reveal anything more about himself.


" And how would you know about that? ... " Kakarotto asked with a smirk.


" I have my ways ... now answer my question! "


Even though Kakarotto didn't like Skeletor's tone, he decided to oblige him and answered his question.


" It was a simple Ki attack I learned from a being named Frieza. "


" I've never heard of this Ki, or this being named Frieza. Is it a form of magic, is this Frieza some sort of wizard? "


" Wizard? ... He was more like a demon. To make it clearer for you, what I meant by learned was that it was used on me. " He said with a chuckle


Skeletor gave him an emotionless stare. Kakarotto's statement unnerved him greatly. He wasn't sure if to believe what he was hearing, but his heart was telling him it was true. And if indeed true that Kakarotto did survive such an attack, then his earlier fears of following in He-Man's footsteps may come to pass.


" How did you survive an attack that was able to cripple my mightiest enemy? ... " He asked with almost no emotion. But many could tell their master was acting a bit different.


" Quite simply, I punched it. "


Snicker's could be heard coming from some of Skeletor's minion's, but quickly stopped with a glare that promised pain from their master.


" Do you mock me?! " Said Skeletor as he pointed his glowing staff right at Kakarotto.


" Mock? I simply told you the truth, no need to point toy's at me. " Kakarotto said mockingly.


" What?! "


All of Skeletor's minion's quickly moved as far away from Kakarotto as possible, as they all knew what happened when Skeletor lost his temper. Evil-Lyn though didn't back away but stepped in-between the two.


" He will do you no good if he's dead Skeletor! I'm sure he meant no disrespect, didn't you Kakarotto? ... " Evil-Lyn looked at Kakarotto and waited for him to agree.


Skeletor glared suspiciously at the two, he had the feeling Evil-Lyn was up to something but wasn't sure what. But at the present moment he was more concerned with the person she had brought back after going missing for three day's. His mysteriousness and the fact that he showed no fear in his presence made Skeletor uneasy.


" Move out of the way witch! Unlike the rest of you, he actually seems to have some backbone. And if he is to join us, I need to make sure he is able to be the 'final piece of the puzzle' to defeating the Master's as you think. "


Raising himself from off his throne, Skeletor kept his staff pointed towards Kakarotto. Strangely enough though, a twinge of fear gripped Skeletor's heart as Kakarotto looked unshaken by his action's.


" Are you ready to prove yourself?! ... "


Kakarotto smiled and gently brushed Evil-Lyn to the side with his left arm. " Sure, fire away any time you like. " He said in the same nonchalant manner.


Evil-Lyn felt a bit nervous, but did her best not to show it. She knew Skeletor would want to test Kakarotto, but she didn't count on the test being one of if he could survive one of his blast's. Her fear though quickly faded as she took a glance at Kakarotto and saw his confident look.


" Don't worry, I'll be fine ... " Said Kakarotto as he gave her a reassuring smile and walked to about five feet away from Skeletor's throne.


Evil-Lyn, could only stare as he fearlessly walked past her. She had to admit he was defiantly the boldest man she had ever met and also the kindest to her. Even though it probably wasn't the best time, she started to reminisce about the three days they spent together.


< He was so kind to ...-- No!! I must not do this! He's just a pawn in my plan to gain control of Eternia! ...>


Even though she wanted to think of him just as a pawn, Evil-Lyn knew she was really beginning to like him.


< He gave me food, a warm bed and even healed my wounds with some strange little bean, and even allowed me to clean myself. Most men would of used me like an object. But he ... he never even touched me ... >


She felt tear's starting to form, but quickly stopped them from falling. She was the Mistress of Evil, and such a being should not be so weak as to cry. Or so she tried to convince herself.


< Could I do better ...Could I do better ...Could I do better ...> The word's kept echoing over and over in her mind as she kept looking at Kakarotto.


< NO!!, he's just a pawn!! A stepping stone to glory. He's ...-- >


<> Stop your babbling and pay attention! <>


Evil-Lyn froze as she heard a voice in her head. At first she thought it was the being from her dreams. But the voice was different, if she didn't know better she would of sworn it was Kakarotto's.


<> You let your guard down when your distracted. That's something a warrior shouldn't do. <>


Evil-Lyn turned white as snow as she realized the voice was Kakarotto's. <> You have telepathic powers? ... <>


<> Of course, how do you think I'm talking to you? <>


<> I ... I ... meant no disre ...-- <>


<> Your actually apologizing? ... I didn't think a woman such as yourself was capable of such a thing. <>


Evil-Lyn wanted to respond, but Skeletor chose that time to launch his attack. A single blast of magical energy came screeching towards Kakarotto. Sticking his right hand out, Kakarotto quickly caught the blast and encased it within a Ki shield before it had the chance to detonate.


" Here you go fur ball, catch. "


Kakarotto tossed the ball of encased magical energy to a confused BeastMan, who didn't even get the chance to ask why it was tossed to him as it blew up in his face sending him flying across the room.


" Impressive, very impressive ... " Stated Skeletor as he just sat back on his throne.


" So, did I pass your little test, or do I have to do something else to prove myself? "


" You would do well to watch your tone with me ... " Skeletor said in a low but dangerous tone.


" Right ... " Kakarotto calmly replied as he wasn't in the least shaken by Skeletor's threat.


Kakarotto watched with amusement as Skeletor tried to stare him down after his reply. But he hardly cared, knowing that his day's of terrorizing this planet were soon about to come to an end. Deciding to see if his new 'partner' approved of his action's, Kakarotto telepathically sought her opinion.


<> Why are you still with me even after what I said? ... <> Asked a bewildered Evil-Lyn


Kakarotto gave her a warm smile as he responded to her question. <> Simple, because I want to Evelyn. <>


Evil-Lyn just stared as he called her by her true name.


< Could I do better? ...I think I already have ...> Was all she thought as she continued to stare.


<><><><>


A day after Kakarotto's meeting with Skeletor, a strange visitor visited the palace. The mysterious woman asked for an audience with the king and at first was refused by the guards. But after mentioning Kakarotto's name, they quickly escorted her to the king under heavy guard. Now, a day after her visit, He-Man and some of the Master's were waiting outside the gates of Grayskull as a result of what the mysterious woman told the king and those gathered.


" Do you really believe what she said father? She could have been another one of Skeletor's henchmen."


" I'm not really sure what to make of her or what she said … But regardless, whether she's a pawn of evil or not, any mention of an attack by Skeletor on Grayskull must be taken seriously. " Stated Man-At-Arms.


" But, doesn't it seem strange how she just popped out of nowhere. How would she even know of Skeletor's plan, unless she was aligned with him in some manner? "


" I know it seems suspicious Teela, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is some sort of trap. That is the reason the palace is on high alert and the rest of the Master's are standing guard there. But , as I said this was something we couldn't take the chance on. If Skeletor ever gained control of Grayskull and learned it's secrets, Eternia is doomed. "


" Maybe she's a friend. " Interjected He-Man.


" Unlike this Kakarotto character. " He said with obvious disgust.


Both Teela and Man-At-Arm's picked up on He-Man's bitter sounding remark, but kept it to themselves. Both figured it had to do with what happened before in the forest.


" He may not be all that bad ... He didn't harm or abuse me in any way when ... -- "


" How can you say that?! He did kidnap you and assaulted the Prince! "


Teela was shocked by the tone he took with her. She looked directly into his eyes and could see the anger and pain they held.


< He's sounding just like Adam ... In fact, he has that same look Adam had when he saw Kakarotto in my room. >


" Assault is too strong of a word. Adam attacked first and didn't suffer any physical harm. He had every chance to seriously injure Adam but didn't. I don't believe he's evil, just extremely cocky. "


Adam gave her a hard stare, but knew she was right. He attacked first without even listening to what Kakarotto had to say, and even though he tried to kill him, Kakarotto in turn didn't harm him, except for damaging his pride.


" I agree with He-Man. He's someone that can't be trusted! " Stated Ram-Man. "


" Actually your guilty of committing the same crime the young prince did. You attacked blindly just because he insulted you. " Responded Buzz-Off.


" Hey!, who's side are you on?! " Screamed an enraged Ram-Man


" I'm on the side of fairness. Let's be honest, you would be dead right now if he didn't decide to show you mercy. Frankly, if we weren't allies, I would say he would have been right to kill you. "


" What?! " Ram-Man was furious and was about to charge Buzz-Off until Man-At-Arm's interjected himself into the discussion.


" That's enough both of you! Keep yourselves focused on the mission at hand! And that can go for everyone else as well. Do not let yourselves be distracted so ...-- " Man-At-Arms was interrupted as a bolt of energy hit the gate's of Grayskull, causing everyone to focus their attention in the direction from which it came.


" Their here!! Prepare for battle!! " He-Man screamed, as he looked into the sky and saw Skeletor and his minion's hovering above on Eternian Griffin's.


" I see your ploy to draw them out worked. " Stated Skeletor as he looked over at Evil-Lyn who was sharing a Griffin with Tri-Klops.


" Of course, those fool's will always take a threat against Grayskull seriously. To bad though they couldn't see through my disguise. They are quite pitiful, being so easily fooled by it, but I can't take all the credit. It was Kakarotto who suggested that I disguise my form and visit the Royal Palace. "


" Speaking of Kakarotto where is he, has your new lover deserted us already?! " Skeletor said with a hint of jealousy in his voice which Evil-Lyn easily picked up on.


" Lover? ... Even though he is far more attractive then you lot, he is not that. And as for where he is, remember, he said after the battle starts he will show up to catch the Master's unaware."


Skeletor could sense something was definitely wrong. Evil-Lyn was beaming from ear to ear as she answered him, and that triggered his suspicion that she was up to something even more. But at the moment he needed to concentrate on carrying out his plan and not who may or may not be betraying him. So like many other times he ordered his minion's to attack and destroy the Masters.


<><><><><><><><> ;


A/N: OK, this is chapter 7A. 7B should be on the way very soon, I hope :) I have a majority of it written. I just need to finish the ending and of course look everything over to make sure it goes with the previous chapters. Hope you liked the story so far, and please remember to review. It does help to keep me motivated. :)