Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Price Of Power ❯ Chapter: 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Price Of Power


" rrrr " Speech

< rrrr > Thoughts

<< rrrr >> Inward voice

<> rrrr <> Telepathy


A/N: Enjoy !! :) and as always thank you for the interest in my story.


Chapter: Six


<><><><><><><><> ;


Kakarotto, continued to smile at the two adolescents. He admired their courage. Despite what he did to He-man, they didn't run but faced him knowing their lives could possibly be in danger.


" We asked, what are you doing here! ... " Adam screamed.


Adam fixed his gaze intently at the person who nearly took his life. He wanted to run over and cut off his head. But decided against trying because of the danger that could put himself and more importantly Teela in. He knew nothing of what this stranger was truly capable of and didn't want to do something stupid because of his pride.


Teela, looked on with determination sketched all over her face. She didn't know why Kakalotto was here nor did she care. He was dangerous, that fact was unmistakable. Even when she ran into him at the town she could sense it. But despite this she refused to show any fear. All the young captain knew was that he hurt her love and now she had the chance to get a bit of revenge if possible.


< Rage must be controlled and tempered, not let loose to consume like a wild fire. For fire, left unchecked, will consume everything in it's path until nothing is left. >


She recalled her father saying that after losing her temper while training when she was younger. Revenge wasn't her style, nor did it reflect the lesson's he taught her.


< Acting in such a manner would be stooping to the level of a fool. >


She now tried to use his wise words to control herself and not make a fool hearty mistake. Suddenly, a chill ran down her back. At first she thought it might have been because of the cool, breeze coming though the window, until she took a glance at Adam. His expression shocked her, and the vibe he was giving off made her uneasy.


< I've never seen or felt anything like this from him before ...it's like he wants to kill someone ...>


Kakarotto floated in the room ignoring the deadly glares directed towards him. He landed a few feet away from the two teens. He recognized the boy as Adam, the Prince of Eternia. And of course he had no problem recognizing Teela. But he found it strange that he also sensed He-Man's aura. Especially since he was sensing it from Adam.


< Hmm ... that would most likely mean the two are one. Well, someone has a secret identity ... looks like this will be more fun then I thought. > He let out a smile, causing both Adam and Teela to tense up even more.


" As I said I'm not here to fight. I've come to warn you of an impending danger to your world ... "


Both teens traded their deadly glares for surprise look's, as Kakarotto's news caught them off guard.


" What type of danger are you referring to yourself?! "


Adam gave him a look of disgust as he responded to his statement. The more he looked at him the harder it was becoming to keep his emotions in check. The event's of the past few day's were definitely taking there toll on him mentally.


Teela, again was shocked by his tone, but shared his distrust.


< After what he did to He-Man. It wouldn't be a surprise for him to be the newest servant of evil and try to ravage Eternia. >


<> Do you believe that Teela? ... <>


Teela nearly cried out like a scared child, but kept her composure as she heard a voice in her head. She took quick glances around the room to see if any one else was there, but only saw Kakarotto smiling at her.


<> Do you believe I'm evil? Didn't you say to yourself in the forest that I didn't seem like an evil being? <>


Teela's eye's nearly bulged out of their socket. This stranger could read her mind and that scared her to no end. She gave Kakarotto a hard stare as to not give away her fear.


Kakarotto smiled and shook his head slightly at her stubbornness. Turning his attention back towards Adam, a mischievous smirked appeared on his face.


" Nighty night young Prince ... your too emotional to heed my warning at this moment. "


Even though they weren't quite sure what Kakarotto meant by his statement. Both teen's braced themselves for an attack. Adam's emotion's finally reached the point were he no longer could control them and decided to do more then wait to be attacked.


The last time he waited on this stranger it almost got him killed. So he attacked first. Jumping into the air, Adam tried to split his opponent in two with an overhead sword swipe. Kakarotto wasn't surprised by Adam's sudden attack and easily dodged the blow by side stepping to his right. Adam though wasn't deterred and began a series of sword swipes hoping to dismember his target.


This went on for a few minutes as Adam attacked like a man possessed. Rage was controlling him now and as a result his attacks were becoming more and more sloppy as the minutes passed. At one point Adam became so frustrated at not being able to hit his opponent that he picked up a small stool and threw it at Kakarotto. Hoping that would distract him long enough to get a shot in. Adam lunged the second Kakarotto caught the stool, but was completely caught off guard as the same stool crashed directly into his feet causing him to fall flat on his face.


" You've got potential boy, but if you let the anger over take you, you'll never reach what your truly capable of. Now get up and try again. "


Adam became even more enraged and lunged after his opponent once more. Kakarotto shook his head slightly and moved out of the way, causing Adam to fly straight out the window.


" Adam!! "


Terror gripped Teela's heart, but only for a second as Kakarotto quickly grabbed Adam by his ankle and threw him back inside. This however didn't snap the young prince out of his rage, as he continued his attack's once he regained his bearing's.


< He's trying to kill him ...but why? ... Why is Adam attacking so aggressively? ...>


<>Haven't you figured it out yet Captain? <>


Teela again focused her attention on the stranger in her room. He was smiling while easily dodging every strike from Adam. She glared at him, upset by his blatant intrusion of her thoughts. His cockiness added to her anger as she felt like knocking that smirk off his face.

<> Well, why don't you? ... Or are you afraid like your boyfriend here? <>


" GET OUT OF MY MIND!! ... " She screamed, causing Adam to stop his attack and focus his attention back on his love.


" Teela, what's wrong?!! "


Adam tried to make his way towards her, but was stopped as Kakarotto appeared directly in his path. Adam gave him a death stare and a bit of a snarl, but Kakarotto paid it no mind.


" Adam ... a warrior shouldn't let themselves be distracted so easily. Don't worry about your little girlfriend, she's fine. Now ... I believe you were trying to dismember me. "


Kakarotto patted his right hand on his chest to add extra emphasis to his statement. Adam became even more infuriated, but calmed down a bit when he looked behind his foe to see Teela had stopped yelling.


" Are you all right Teela?! "


Teela, gave him a scared look, which brought back his earlier fears.


" I ... I ... can't move Adam ... "


" Can't move? ... " He gave her a confused look until Kakarotto interrupted the two by clearing his throat.


" What she means is I parlayed her. It's a simple matter of Ki manipulation. Perhaps I will teach it to you once you wake up. "


" Ki? ... Wake up? ... -- "


Adam didn't get the chance to finish asking his question as he heard a voice in his heard telling him to sleep. It echoed over and over again getting louder by the second until he could no longer hear his own thoughts. Suddenly his legs started to feel weak, and his breathing started to slow.


" What is going? ...-- "


Adam dropped to the floor like a corpse. The sound of his sword hitting the floor echoed throughout the room. Teela looked on in horror, as she gazed at his motionless form.


" No!! ... Adam!! ... "


Kakarotto turned his attention back towards Teela and gave her the patented Son Goku reassuring smile in an attempt to calm her a bit. And for some unknown reason it actually worked, in spite of the anxiety she was feeling at the moment.


" Hush, and listen. "


Teela did as he instructed and listened. The sound of light snoring could be heard coming from Adam's body. Kakarotto then used his right foot and gently flipped Adam over onto his back. Teela's fear's eased as she saw his chest move up and down.


" Well, shall we be going? " He said with the same warm smile on his face.


Kakarotto walked over to Teela and picked up her statue like body by the waist. She tried again to break free from whatever he did to her but found it completely useless.


" Let go of me!! " She said trying to sound fierce.


" I will, but only after I've told you what I came here to tell. Then afterwards you can share it with your friend's and decide for yourselves if you want to trust me or not. "


" Why not just tell us all together?! "


" Believe it or not your one of the few people that will listen to what I have to say without trying to attack me ... I know your upset after what happened to your other boyfriend He-Man, but you know I'm not evil. "


" I'm beginning to have my doubts! Let me go! "


Kakarotto let out a small chuckle at her persistence. He saw why Adam liked her. Levitating himself off the ground, he flew out the window and into the stormy sky. All the time amused by his captives yelling and complaining.


<><><><>


Adam stirred slightly, mumbling something about not wanting to get out of bed. But he quickly opened his eye's and scanned his surroundings after remembering the incident in Teela's room. Darkness was all he saw around him, nothing but absolute darkness. He tried to put his hand's on the ground to prop himself up but he felt nothing.


" What? ... Where's the ground? "


He peered down at where the ground was suppose to be but only saw more darkness. Adam began to get a bit scared but quickly realized he must be dreaming, or so he hoped.


" Hello! ... Is any one there?! "


After a few minutes of hearing nothing but his own voice echo. Adam cautiously tried to stand, reasoning that if he was able to lie on it then walking on the darkness should be possible. The young Prince reasoned right and seemed to be able to walk around freely, which solidified for him it was a dream.


< But if this is a dream why is there nothing else? Where's the scenery? Where's Teela? ...>


His heart started to beat faster just thinking about her. He tried to pinch himself in an attempt to wake up. He remembered his mother telling him people from her world did this at times to see if they were dreaming.


" Ow! " He cried out as it didn't work


" Guess that trick doesn't work on Eternians, or half Eternians I should say. " He let out a small chuckle on his failed experiment but quickly became serious again as his loves plight entered his thought's once again.


Teela was alone, and that terrified him. He didn't know what the stranger truly wanted. He found it hard to believe that he was there to warn them of an impending danger. Especially since he tried to take his life a few days before.


< Teela would put up a fight, but would be no match for him he's to skilled. >


Even though Adam's little skirmish with Kakarotto was brief he easily saw he was outmatched. That realization also brought another, that his opponent never attacked. He found it strange he didn't, considering his own attacks were wild and sloppy and left many opening in which to do serious damage.


< I acted rashly, what a fool I am ...-- >


" I will kill you boy!! "


The sudden voice broke the young prince away from his thoughts. He looked around but still saw no one. He wondered if he was just hearing things. After all it was some sort of dream

world so anything could be possible. He contemplated this for a few seconds until being interrupted again, but this time by a blinding light. Adam covered his eye's as the light's intensity was to much for him to bare. But as quickly as it came it was gone. Adam lowered his arm's and was surprised to now be in an open field.


< What the ... How did I get here? ... >


He decided to walk around to hopefully get some sort of idea of where he was. The area was beautiful as he easily noticed. It was a lush green field with the palace smoking in the background.


" Smoking Palace?!! ... "


Adam was shocked and wondered why he would be dreaming of the palace burning. He didn't have time to think about it much as he heard a familiar voice screaming for help.


" Teela!! ... " He said frantically.


He started to run frantically, tripping over small stones as he made his way closer to the palace. As he neared he saw a sight that would forever stick in his mind. A bloodied Skeletor stood outside the gate glaring at an unknown warrior.


Adam stopped twenty yard's away from the gate. Looking them both over, he saw Skeletor was a mess. His face was bruised and had a deep scar going diagonally down it. Blood was oozing out of the wound and dripping on the ground. The rest of his body matched his face. Scars and bruises were all over. The Master of Evil could barely stand as a result, but had enough strength to utter curses at his assailant. Adam was completely shocked, but became even more so when he turned his attention towards the other person.


" It's me! But that's impossible ... "


The person whom Adam saw as himself stood a foot taller. His frame was much wider, similar to that of He-Man's except it was more stream lined and not as bulky. The way he was dressed was also different. He wore an all black outfit which resembled Kakarotto's fighting outfit. Except for the inside shirt which was silver. His hair was much longer, reaching to about four inches past his shoulder's, and was done up in a pony tale.


" Wow ... How did I get like that? ... "


Adam was completely shocked at what he was seeing. He couldn't believe that was him. But the face was unmistakably his, except it looked a bit older and hardened.


" This is definitely some sort of dream ... -- "


The young Prince was interrupted as Skeletor began yelling about wanting to kill him for the pain he's caused him. Adam looked on as his dream self smiled and chuckled a bit. Both seemed totally oblivious to the young princes presence.


" This is the end for you Skeletor. You will now pay for all the crimes you've done to this world. " The dream Adam said coldly.


" You think so boy? I will never rot in an Eternian prison! "


" Who said anything about you rotting in prison? I gave you the chance to surrender and except exile, but your ego refused to except it. Now ... you must pay the price for your foolishness. "


The dream Adam then smiled and unsheathed his sword. A Katana like weapon with a silver colored handle. Adam was shocked at what his future self was implying, and was also shocked by the sword he drew.


" That's not the Sword Of Power, and I don't want to kill Skeletor ... Is that truly me? ... " Adam gazed upon his future self once again, to be absolutely sure it was him.


" It is me, but what happened that I would think of committing murder instead of forcing Skeletor to except imprisonment or exile ...-- "


" Adam!! Help me!! "


Teela suddenly appeared, tied to the gate behind the two combatant's. Adam was startled at her sudden appearance until he remembered he was dreaming. She looked no different in this dream except for some bruises and small trickle of blood running down the right corner of her mouth.


" Teela ... " Adam said softly.


< What is happening? The palace is smoking, Teela look's beat up, Skeletor is a wreck and I look much older and am about to commit murder. This is all so weird! >


" Come Skeletor ... come and DIE!! ... " The dream Adam screamed as he became incased in a blue flame like light.


The Master Of Evil in turn gathered what strength he had left and charged with reckless abandon. Raising his Havoc Staff above his head, Skeletor swung with all his remaining strength.


The dream Adam waited and didn't move an inch. He stood with his arm's down with his sword facing towards the ground. A smile crept on his lip's as he saw his opponents desperate attack. Moving out of the way of the strike he brought his sword up, cutting the staff in two. Skeletor was shocked for a moment, but quickly regained his resolve. Lunging at his opponent, he pulled back his right fist and tried to connect with the last of his strength.


" Pathetic fool ... you should of lied down and crawled away like all slime. " The dream Adam said coldly.


" Now except your fate. "


With ease and amazing grace, the dream Adam leapt over the punch while at the same time cutting off Skeletor's hand. As he landed behind his victim who was now clutching his arm and screaming in excruciating pain. The future Adam disappeared from sight.


Adam looked on all this with shock and horror. He hated Skeletor, but what just happened left him with conflicting feeling's. But what would happen next horrified him even more. Skeletor was now being slashed over and over again by an invisible force. Adam watched as more deep cut's appeared all over his body. Huge droplets of blood were flying everywhere. Skeletor stood motionless, the ferocity, speed of the attack, and the share pain he was in caused him to be paralyzed.


" Oh ... my God ... " Adam whispered.


Adam again was shocked and horrified by what he saw. Or was he? Yes, seeing so much blood and pain definitely made him feel sorrowful, but this was the scourge of Eternia getting exactly what he deserved. Did he even deserve mercy? Adam didn't have long to consider this as his dream self reappeared about twenty feet over Skeletor.


" For all the pain and misery you've caused .... For all the pain and misery!! ... DIE!! " He screamed with a tear rolling down his left cheek.


Clutching his sword with both hands, and raised over his head. The blade became encased in a blue light making it look similar to a light saber. The dream Adam came down on the scourge of Eternia. The two then became enclosed within a blinding blue light, as the impact caused a tremendous explosion. Making the scene look like an atom bomb just detonated. The last thing Adam heard were Teela's scream's as the blast over took the palace, causing the world to turn all black once again.


<><><><>


Adam suddenly jolted up sweating profusely. He was breathing heavy, and his heart felt like it wanted to come out of his chest. This went on for a couple minutes until he calmed down and got a grip on himself. Laying back down on the floor, he recalled all the event's of the dream.


< What was that all about? ...>


He laid still for a few more minute's trying to figure out the meaning of the dream. He was unsure what to make of it all. Could it be a vision, like the one's the Sorcerous had, or simply just a dream caused by the stress he's been under lately?


< Oh no! Teela!! >


The plight of his love suddenly came back to him. Looking around frantically he tried to locate her but saw she was gone. Leaping of the ground he quickly located his sword and headed for the door.


< If anything happens to her I will never forgive myself. >


Adam became overcome with sorrow and guilt as he realized it was his brash actions that put her in danger. Now she was gone, and he hoped and prayed she was okay.


< Why ... oh why didn't I just listen?! >


As he was about to open the door, it suddenly opened with several guards rushing through it. One of them ran right into Adam, and both went down hard to the room floor. Adam clutched his head dazed by the impact. He looked up and saw the palace guards in full battle attire.


" What are you guy's doing here ...-- "


" Teela's personal alarm was triggered. Where is she Adam!? "


Adam looked up to see Man-At-Arm's worried expression. For the next few minute's Adam explained all that took place. Man-At -Arms quickly sent out search parties and set the palace on high alert.


<><><><>


A half hour later Adam and Man-At-Arm's were explaining to the King and Queen what happened. Teela's kidnapping had forced Adam to reveal everything about what happened a few day's before. To say his parent's were shocked and disappointed was an understatement.


" Adam ... ho ...-- "


" I know father ... please scold me later. Right now all we should be concerned about is finding Teela. " Adam said interrupting his father before he went off in a scolding speech.


" Very well, you are right ... But! Later on we will have a 'long talk' about your conduct. "


Adam lowered his head just thinking about the 'long talk' he was going to receive.


< Why me ... -- >


Adam's thought's were interrupted as what felt like a body fell on him.


" You bastard!! I told you to be more careful!! "


Adam was in shock, the voice belonged to Teela. Without wasting any time he slid from underneath her and jumped to his feet. Looking down, he confirmed that the person indeed was Teela. He was about to jump on her out of share joy, but decided not to considering their present location.


Man-At-Arm's, Randor and Marlena were shocked at Teela's sudden appearance. The young Captain literally had come out of no where and seemed to be screaming at someone. At first they thought it might be Adam, but then they noticed she was looking upwards and saw Kakarotto floating high in the ceiling.


" You must really love that girl to be able to deal with that mouth boy. "


Kakarotto then disappeared, leaving everyone except for Teela shocked. Everyone broke out of their shocked trance and ran over to see if Teela was okay. Once they made sure she was unharmed, Teela told everything that happened after she was taken from her room, and relayed all the info Kakarotto had told her of Skeletor's plan, and possibly when he might attempt it.


As he listened to her tale, Adam made a promise to himself. He would never let anyone take her away from him again. Even at the cost of his own life.


<><><><>


" So ... Why have you decided to interfere in this world's affairs? Do you think it's wise to do so? "


Kakarotto smiled at the holographic image of Seih, coming from his scouter.


" Of course, they deserve a chance to survive like anyone else. Given what this Skeletor person wants to unleash, it could destroy this planet. "


" What about your new pet? How does he feel about trying to keep his species sealed up? "


Kakarotto took a look over at the sleeping dragon by his bed side. He did assure Asho that he would help him find his parents. But secretly Kakarotto knew that his parents might have to be killed to preserve Eternia.


" As I said before Seih, the people of this world deserve a chance to survive like anyone else. I'll deal my new friend's dilemma as everything unfolds. "


" Really? ... You normally wouldn't interfere in another world's problems, unless it directly effected the Empire or they came pleading for help. So it seems strange that you would all of a sudden go against your normal course. "


" Are you trying to imply there might be another reason for my actions? ... " He said with a smirk.


" Of course, and you know exactly who she is ... "


" Ah ... now I understand why you've been pressing me about this. I see you've been ease dropping in on my adventures, you should be ashamed of yourself. A woman your age acting like a jealous child. " He said with a chuckle.


" Can you blame me? I throw myself at you and make it clear how I feel and you show me nothing. But some stranger comes into your life and you show favor to her. So why shouldn't I feel this way? What does she have that I can't give you? ... " She said looking like she was about to cry.


Her hurt expression really hit him deep. Over the last seven years, they had gotten incredibly close. Many in the kingdom presumed she would be made Queen. A part of him also thought this, but another assumed her love of science would ultimately be her first and only love.


" Seih ... nothing is going on between myself and anyone. Just because I chose to show her mercy doesn't mean she will be the future Queen of ... -- "


" Oh please! Don't hand me that crap about nothing going on! You forget, this is similar to how yourself and Jenna came together. You showed mercy to that little peasant girl and ... -- "


Seih stopped as she realized she went into a very sensitive and forbidden subject. She looked at Kakarotto's eye's and saw a cold stare glaring back at her.


" I'm sorry ... I should of held my tongue. Please forgive me ... " She lowered her head in shame, expecting a harsh rebuke, but known came.


" Forget it Seih ... I know you didn't mean any harm by it. Now, if you will excuse me I want to do some training before I turn in for the night. "


Seih continued to look ashamed as she simply nodded her head. She kicked herself mentally for bringing up the one topic which no one dared discuss. She could tell by his tone he was still upset, but didn't want to come down hard on her. Tears started to pour as the connection ended. The one person she legitimately loved, other then her God was Kakarotto. And now she may have lost any chance of gaining his love. She punched the highly fortified tungstenian wall in frustration, the result of which caused a crack to run up to the ceiling as her fist went right through it.


<><><><><><><><> ;


A/N: As you can tell, Seih is a dangerous woman. It's not easy to make metal of any kind crack like wood or brick. Especially one that is hundreds of times stronger then titanium. To be honest there was more scheduled for this chapter but it would of made it way to long for my liking. Chapter 7 will contain what was left out. Trivia time ^_^Can anyone tell me where I got the mental trick Kakarotto used on Adam from? Yes, a technique like that was actually in the Db,Dbz, Dbgt series.