Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Price Of Power ❯ Chapter: 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Price Of Power


" rrrr " Speech

< rrrr > Thoughts

<< rrrr >> Inward voice

<> rrrr <> Telepathy


A/N: Hello people, just wanted to say thanks for the interest. That goes for the reviewers and for those who don't. ^_^


Chapter: Five


<><><><><><><><> ;


Upon leaving the Master's and He-Man to pounder what took place. Kakarotto flew back to his temporary home in the Polar Caps. While doing this he replayed everything from the incident with Ram-Man to what took place with He-Man as he flew.


< Perhaps I went a bit overboard ... I probably should of just used a more subtle method to find out if he truly deserved the title of the Universe's Strongest Man. Oh well ...What's done is done. One more test should provide me with all the answer's I want to know anyway ...>


The day and his time in Eternia so far were certainly interesting. When he first arrived in Eternia, it looked to be a boring place with no excitement. But his little romp around the forest with Evil Lyn and the testwith He-Man proved him wrong.


< I wonder what type of excitement Skeletor will provide me with? He should be showing his bony head sooner or later. >


He started to laugh just thinking of the shock the Master of Evil would be in once he found out what happened to his greatest enemy. His laughter echoed throughout the icy mountain range's he was passing over, causing small avalanches to occur.


He looked down admiring the beauty that was the Polar caps. To most it wouldn't seem to be a beautiful place, but to Kakarotto the simplicity and isolation of it, made him feel comfortable.


< This area reminds me of the time I took down muscle tower with Android #8 ...Those were the good days where I was so care free and wild. But that life is gone ... >


His demeanor became a bit downcast thinking of his past life. Even though he didn't regret not being Goku anymore, the life style he once lived still appealed to him.


< Oh well, no point in grieving about past lives. The Everlasting Patamowos has appointed me ruler over one of his infinite number of Universe's. I have everything a man let alone a Saiya-jin could want ... food, power, more power , and the fact I now serve the ultimate power and creator of the Universe's. The true God of gods ...>


His laughter intensified thinking of his blessing's. But he stopped suddenly as he sensed a familiar Ki coming from somewhere below him. A smile crossed his lip's as he realized who it belonged to. Swooping down like a bird of prey, he sped to the ice below at an breath taking speed.


< Humph ...didn't think that little guy would survive all by himself ...Guess I was right about him being a suitable companion while I'm here. >


<><><><>


Asho walked along the frozen landscape looking for something to fill his stomach with. He hadn't eaten since the day before and it was beginning to take it's toll on the baby dragon.


<Asho hungry, where are momma and papa to feed Asho? ... >


He continued to walk, sniffing the air hoping to pick up some other creatures scent. He did so, for a couple of minutes until he suddenly stopped moving. He then took one big sniff and jumped for joy.


< Asho found something that smells good! >


Asho sped off in the direction the scent was coming from. Eventually it lead him to a cave which he entered without hesitation. He ran on all four's moving with amazing speed. Asho must of ran for around ten minutes until stopping. The cave was dark and seemed to be devoid of any life. But his senses told him something good to eat was close by.


He sniffed the air again just to make sure he was in the right place. It was then his sensitive hearing picked up a faint noise. At first he wasn't sure what it was but eventually he figured it to be something running, in fact many things running.


< Many things good to eat are coming. Asho will no longer be hungry! >


<><><><>


The Snow Beasts, snow white creatures which resembled wolf's with the size and bulk of polar bears, raced through the cavern's of the cave looking for what set off there sense of danger. ( A/N: These are the same creatures that showed up in the episode where Trap Jaw and Stratos were forced to work together. Considering I didn't watch the whole thing I'm not sure if they had names or not so I'm forced to make names up. But if anyone has the names of these creatures please tell me. ^_^ )


A couple of minutes passed before they reached their destination. A group of twelve surrounded Asho with teeth glaring and murderous intents in there eyes. Zhoah, being the leader, oldest, and wisest recognized what type of being was before him and approached the young dragon cautiously.


" What do you want here, young dragon? "


Zhoah tried to show no fear but he knew of these creatures fearsome reputation. The scent was unmistakable. The same scent that almost wiped out the Snow Beast's when he was just a pup.


Asho looked fearlessly at his would be dinner. Their glare's only served to excite him further. He wanted to pounce as one of them stepped closer to him and demanded to know why he was there? But if anything he learned from his parent's was be patient while dealing with your prey.


" Well, you vile creature, why are you here?! "


Asho didn't respond. He didn't care about answering silly question's. Examining the tasty treat before him he could tell it was nervous. The fear could be smelt coming from it. Even the rest of Zhoah's group could sense it. Many of them became nervous themselves as a result, causing many to take a couple step's away from Asho. A mistake that they would ultimately regret.


<><><><>


Kakarotto hovered hi in the ceiling of the cave observing the scene with Asho and the Snow Beast's. Once again the little dragon seemed to be in an impossible situation to win but Kakarotto learned not to underestimate it.


He watched as Asho attacked the beast's similar to how he did against the tiger. Icy flames could be seen flying everywhere. Kakarotto observed as the strange beast's dodged the flames with relative ease. They were much , much more agile then the tiger, along with being faster and a tad bigger.


< Quite a sloppy pattern of attack. He better be careful before they catch him ... >


His concern proved to be warranted as two of the Snow Beast's started running straight for their attacker. The pattern they used was quite plain. One ran about four strides behind the other. Asho saw them coming and did the natural thing. He fired his Ice Flame towards them both, catching and encasing the one in front.


Asho looked quite pleased with himself as he finally caught one of his meals. But the look of accomplishment soon faded as the incased creature continued it's course towards him. What Asho failed to notice after he first incased the Snow Beast was it's partner slamming into his frozen comrade causing the frozen creature to slide at high speed towards him.


Asho dived to his right barely avoiding a possible life threatening impact. As he tried to regain his bearing's, the unfrozen Snow Beast leapt at him catching him totally by surprise. To make thing's worse the remaining creatures also closed in on him, except for two who were digging out their frozen comrade.


With it's claws fully extended, the pouncing Snow Beast readied to make short work of the now quivering attacker. Well, that was until it's arm suddenly stopped. Expecting to find Zhoah who may of decided to show mercy to the creature. The Snow Beast was surprised to see a man instead.


" Sorry, but no one will be killing my little friend ... " Kakarotto said with a cocky smirk.


Vantir, the Snow Beast who Kakarotto was holding, couldn't believe that a man was capable of holding him. And what surprised him even more was that he couldn't break free. He struggled with all his might put the unknown man's hand didn't move in the slightest.


" Let me go or I'll rip you apart!! " He growled out.


Kakarotto smiled at the Beast's threat. And decided to obliged his request as he flung him to the nearest wall. The impact left Vantir unconscious, much to the surprise and anger of his fellow tribe members.


" Sorry guy's but I don't have time to show you your insignificance now. "


Spreading his hands out in front of his eyes, Kakarotto used the Taio-ken technique to fill the entire cave with the sun's blinding light. Everyone except for Kakarotto clutched their eye's as they were blinded by the intense light. Seeing the attack did it's job Kakarotto quickly grabbed the little dragon and flew out the cave.


Asho, still blinded, was confused at what was happening. One minute he's about to get sliced into piece's and the next the person he was terrified of before, mysteriously show's up and once again save's his life.


A few minutes passed before his vision came completely back. Looking around at his new surroundings he now found himself outside in the open.


" How are you feeling? ... "


The little dragon turned around to see who was addressing him only to find Kakarotto smiling at him. Asho wanted to run but for some unknown reason he didn't. This person terrified him, even though Kakarotto had done nothing to invoke any fear. He continued to stare at the man in front of him but offered no response to his question. Well, that was until his stomach reminded him of the need for nourishment.


" You feed Asho? ... "


Asho's fright was replaced by hunger so great that his fear seemed miniscule to the need for food.


Kakarotto gave him a strange look, but then started laughing at his response.


< I knew he was someone after my own heart. >


<><><><>Three day's later <><><><>


Evil-Lyn stood motionless. Golden lighting flashed across the sky as an almost identical scene as the night before played before her. But unlike before she wasn't scared. Her fear replaced with rage after being betrayed.


" Where are you?!! ... Show yourself coward!! " She said screaming into the sky.


" Coward? … " A single bolt struck the ground, as the same shadow creature appeared.


" Is that anyway to thank me ... " It said in an eerily calm voice.


" Thank you? ... You no good son of a ... -- "


" Quiet!! I gave you what you desired. So why curse me for fulfilling what I promised?! ..."


" What did you fulfill?! ... Where is the power you promised me?! All I received from you was horrible pain and delusions in the heat of battle." By battle Evil-Lyn meant the skirmish with Kakarotto.


At her accusations the unknown being began to laugh. Which only infuriated Evil-Lyn even more.


" Answer me!! " She said as a purple aura began to gather around her body.


The being in turn still continued to laugh. Evil-Lyn exploded with anger as she charged her mysterious foe. At this the being stopped laughing and disappeared. Evil-Lyn stopped and stood motionless perplexed at where he had gone. Suddenly a voice appeared seemly coming from everywhere.


" Foolish girl ... I told you already. The promise is fulfilled! ... "


Evil-Lyn looked around but saw no one. Not knowing what to do, she stood still and tried to erect a shield incase of an attack, but found her powers were gone.


" What? ... " She continued to try and use her magic, but continued to find it useless.


" What have you done to me?! ... Where are my powers?! ... " She asked frantically.


The being just laughed at her question and feeble attempt at using her powers. He found it amusing that she thought a simple shield would protect her from any attack from him if he chose to kill her.


" My dear, I was just making sure you didn't hurt yourself. "


" Why you ... Give me back my ...-- "


" Enough!! " He yelled causing the ground around her to be struck with hundreds of lighting bolts. Subsequently causing Evil-Lyn to be scared witless.


" There are more pressing matters you have to worry about then power ... "


Evil-Lyn gave a confused look not knowing what he meant. " What are yo ...-- "


She was interrupted as her body was racked with agonizing pain. She dropped to the ground in a fetal position crying out as the pain intensified.


" Why? ... " She manage to blurt out before letting out a whimper and then blacking out.


<><><><>


" Wake up! " Screamed Skeletor.


Evil-Lyn, opened her eyes to see that once again she was just dreaming. But soon wished she was back in that dream world as she found herself dangling over the gigantic cauldron where the the fire snakes were kept. She looked to where the voice was coming from only to see Skeletor with his blazing red eye's fixed on her.


" I want to know who he really is right now?! ... Or I'll feed you to my pet's! "


" I told you everything I know about him Skeletor ... I don't know anymore ... " She said in a low whisper.


" Liar!! ... You expect me to believe that?! ... "


He pulled a lever next to him, and watched as she slowly descended. The snakes hissed excitedly, snapping at her in anticipation of a meal.


Evil-Lyn looked on in horror as her end seemed near. She struggled with all her remaining strength to break free, but was too weak to do so. Skeletor had kept her tied up there for three day's. Without any food, water, or mean's to properly 'relieve' herself. She was amazed to still be alive. But it looked like that was about to change.


Her magic also seemed useless as the chains she was being bound with prevented the use of it. Evil-Lyn seeing it was hopeless, stopped struggling and prepared for her end.


< Perhaps this is for the best ... my pathetic life will finally be over ... > A single tear ran down her cheek. For it was all her body would allow in it's current state.


< Kakalotto ...>


She repeated the name of the person that was causing her so much pain. But yet, she enjoyed saying his name for some unknown reason. Perhaps it was his strong aura or the fact he spared her life after almost taking it. Whatever it was remained a mystery nor did it matter at the moment, as she continued to descend.


< Perhaps I should of told Skeletor a lie. Maybe all of this could have been avoided ... >


Evil-Lyn thought back to three days pryer as she returned from the forest. Skeletor had stopped her and questioned where she had been. She responded quite disrespectfully and quickly found her self chained. The odd thing was his temper seemed worse then usual, as she was electrocuted until blacking out.


< Wait ...He's scared ... > Evil-Lyn then kicked herself mentally for not seeing it sooner.


" Are you scared of him? ... " She asked barely over a whisper.


Skeletor's eyes glowed red with anger at her question. " What was that? "


A small smirk appeared on her face as she saw her question gave the desired response. " I asked is the great Skeletor scared of an unknown stranger? I thought the mighty Master of Evil feared nothing ... " She subsequently let out a small laugh seemingly mocking his title.


Even though the laugh was almost inaudible, it came across to him loud and clear. " You dear mock me witch!! "


Skeletor charged up his Havoc Staff. Pointing it directly at her, his anger could be plainly seen on the remains of his face.


Evil-Lyn hit the wall and slumped to the floor after receiving Skeletor's attack. She laid motionless for a few minutes until stirring slightly.


< It actually worked ...>


Her plan was dangerous but worked. She realized since the chains binding her blocked and absorbed magic to a certain degree that causing Skeletor to attack her would either kill or set her free. After all he wouldn't use anything that could be used against him. So she gambled that the chains would of absorbed some but would eventually be over come by his power


Evil-Lyn smiled, even though it caused her pain. Her body was a mess. Remarkably no broken bones but she must of sustained second degree burns. She tried raising herself up but the weakened state of her body prevented it as she slumped back to the ground.


< Looks like I'm dead anyway. I can't defend myself in this state. > Evil-Lyn smiled at the predicaments she found herself in the last three days.


< First Kakarotto and now Skeletor ... my life truly stinks ... > She let out a small chuckle as Skeletor walked towards her.


He stopped and pointed his staff towards her. " Good by. " He said coldly.


A normal person would have been terrified. But Evil-Lyn didn't give him the satisfaction of showing fear. Instead she laid facing him with a smile on her face.


" Why are you smiling witch?! Can't you even see your own death is at hand? " He said with his red orb eyes glaring down at her.


" Kill me and you will be making a big mistake. You will be throwing away your chance at finally defeating He-Man and the Masters. I'm tired of always failing ... He can give us victory Skeletor. I'm sure I could convince him to join us given more time. Why do you seem scared to add him to your ranks? "


As much as Skeletor hated to admit it she was right. This stranger seemed to possess the power needed to topple the Master's. But Skeletor was much more concerned if he was going to be toppled along with them. He knew about Evil-Lyn's meeting with Kakarotto by means of a spy drone meant to keep an eye on her. It recorded the meeting in the forestand the event with He-Man afterwards. So in truth he was scared that what happened to He-Man might also happen to him.


But was the chance worth it? Was the possibility of finally defeating his arch enemy worth losing his stature or even worse?


" See that you don't fail. Your life depends on it? " With that he walked away to be alone with his thought's, while leaving Evil-Lyn basking on the floor at her craftiness.


< Oh I will Skeletor ...I will ... >


<><><><>


The last three day's for Adam had been hectic to say the least. Physically he was fine after the ordeal with the Kakarotto, but mentally and emotionally were totally different issue's. Every night since, he had been having dreams of the blue sphere. His dreams were so intense and life like. That the light it emitted became embedded in his mind causing him to see the world with a blueish haze for hours after waking up.


< I can't believe such power even exists. It felt like I had the weight of the world on me. No matter how hard I tried it kept on exerting more and more force ... >


For the first time Adam went up against something in which he wasn't sure if He-Man would be able to defeat. He knew that if the stranger had wanted he would be dead. That revelation led him to for the first time have doubt's about the power of Grayskull, and his title of The Most Powerful Man In The Universe.


But even after almost dying, and the blow to his ego as Eternia's defender. Something else plagued his thought's more then that. The revelation of Teela's feeling's towards his alter ego.


" I love you ... " He repeated the words softly, as he stood outside her door.


He knew it was time she knew the truth. Even if it meant total rejection for keeping his secret from her so long. He knocked on the door and waited, hoping she would make this easy. A few minutes passed and no response. He wasn't surprised and came prepared. Reaching into his pocket, Adam pulled out a small rectangular object. Sliding the card into the slot, the door opened revealing Teela sitting by an open window staring out at the stars.


" How did you get in here? " She asked coldly.


" Your father made master key's for all the doors incase of emergencies. "


" Oh ... " She said still looking up at the stars.


Adam walked into the room, letting the door close behind him. " How are you doing .... ? " He said a bit nervously.


" What do you want Adam? ... "


He paused for a few second's, searching for the right words. " I wanted to check on you ... We haven't talked at all lately and I wanted to make sure you were all right. "


" Well, as you can see I'm fine. So you can leave now ... "


Adam moved closer until he was standing only a couple feet from her. " No ... I won't leave until we clear thing's up Teela. "


" Clear what up? ... "


He sighed at her tone and apparent denial. " I'm sorry for what I did ... ple ... -- "


Her anger became almost uncontrollable. She wanted to keep denying that the event ever happened hoping he would get the message and leave. But after his previous statement she decided to forgo that strategy.


" Sorry ... Sorry?!! ... "


Teela stood up, revealing she was only dressed in her night gown. Adam's hormones started to flare. But he quickly put them back under control.


" You hurt me Adam ... I can't easily forget that .. " She said with her back to him. Teela wanted to lash out more but found she couldn't. Part of her hesitance being she knew it was partly her fault he struck her.


Adam sighed, seeing this was going to be just as hard as he feared.


" Yes, I did hurt you. There's no excuse for what I did ... But are you willing to throw away our friendship for one mistake?


" ... "


" Teela, you have hurt me a lot also. All those insult's took there toll on me. I may of acted happy go lucky every time you said them. But they felt like you hit me with a boulder. How would you feel if your childhood friend talk's to you like your dirt? "


" I don't do that! ... All I try to do is get the Prince of Eternia to take his duties more seriously! "


" I'm not here to fight over trivial things. All I'm concerned about is us ... " He said completely calm.


" See, this is what I'm talking about. You're duties never seem to be a priority ...-- " Teela was stopped suddenly as she felt a pair of arm's move around her slim waist.


" Wha ... what are you doing? ... " She said nervously.


Adam pulled her closer to him. But despite his embrace she still refused to face him.


" Teela, I know what my duties are. And one of them is to be here with you ... " He nestled his head onto her shoulder and began to kiss her neck.


Teela froze, and was at a complete loss of what to do.


< I love He-Man ...but Adam's touch feel's so good ...>


Her body shook slightly as Adam's embraced tightened. She moaned softly as he kissed her neck more passionately.


Adam surprised himself by his action's. He really didn't know what came over him. He was in control of himself one minute and the next he's trying to eat her neck.


" Adam ... no ... " She said trying to prying his hands off her. The attempt was feeble though as she barely applied any pressure. Her own hormones were beginning to rage, which she desperately fought to keep under control.


He spun her around, looking her straight in the eyes. Adam summoned up all the courage he had in him and reviled to her something he's been wanting to say for a long time.


" I love you Teela ... " After taking a deep breath to let the words sink in, he continued.


" I'm not expecting, or asking for you to reciprocate my love ... I ... just wanted you to know how I felt ... " Adam took a deep breath and breathed a sigh of relief. A smile crept across his lip's after finally reviling one of the two secrets he wanted to share with her.


Teela looked confused. The Prince of Eternia had expressed his love for her. But she solely loved another .... or did she? Teela didn't know why, but at the moment she was having the same feeling for Adam, she had for He-Man three day's prier.


" Adam ... I ... -- "


Tears were beginning to form, as she wasn't able to continue. Everything was flooding back to her once again.


< Why is this happening?! ...Why is he doing this?! ...Why don't I want to hate him anymore?! ... I love He-Man ...don't I? ... >


Adam seeing her confusion, plus being the opportunist that he is kissed her gently on the lips. This served to add to Teela's confusion as she stared at him wide eyed. A loud rumbling broke both away from their thought's and the moment. Lightning moved across the night sky which was soon followed by a lone rain drop hitting the windowsill. But that drop was soon accompanied by a barrage of other's as a sudden storm swept across the palace.


The two continued to stare at each other. The rain being nothing more then a minor distraction. Droplet's covered them slightly as some made there way in through the window.


" Well, isn't this a romantic scene. "


Both teen's were surprised by the voice and quickly turned to where it was coming from. Outside Teela's window a figure was floating in midair unaffected by the rain, as an invisible shield kept the droplet's out.


Again both teen's were surprised someone was watching them. Especially when they realized who it was.


" What are you doing here?! ... " They said in unison.

Adam couldn't believe it. The mysterious stranger that almost killed him, was now floating outside the window with an eery smile. Adam was scared, but this wasn't the time for fear. Breaking the embrace with Teela he drew his sword and went into a fighting stance. Teela in turn ran to the side of her bed and picked up her Snake Staff.


Kakarotto continued to smile at the two. Their fear was apparent even though it was masked by stern looks.


" Calm down you two, I'm not here to fight. "


<><><><><><><><> ;


A/N: Well, that's the fifth chapter. The next chap will feature ... stuff :) but I will say the next chap will be life changing for some characters. Well, let me know if you liked it.