Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Price Of Power ❯ Chapter: 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Price Of Power


" rrrr " Speech

< rrrr > Thoughts

<< rrrr >> Inward voice

<> rrrr <> Telepathy


A/N: Hello people, just wanted to say thanks again for the interest in my second story. Since I'm a new Author my main priority was to develop a style that is enjoyable but at the same time doesn't over detail thing's. I've seen some great great stories that suffer from too much detail. That's why I only give enough so you get the idea of what's going on and then let the imagination do the rest. Well, enjoy the story! :)


Chapter: Four


<><><><><><><><> ;


Evil-Lyn gracefully moved along the branches cautiously stalking her target. So far it looked like he hadn't noticed her but at time's she found it necessary to hide in the shadow's as he kept stopping to look back.


< I wonder where he's going? I've never been so deep in this forest before ...>


Kakarotto, knew someone was following him but pretended to not notice. He sensed the Ki wasn't either of the two from before, this person's power was much lower. But he or she possessed a high concentration of magical energy. He hadn't fought a magic user in a long time. So he decided to play with them a little to see what the person was capable of.


One of the best way's to get an enemy or potential enemy over confident was to let them think they were in control. So he played this game of follow the leader throughout the forest, waiting for the best time to strike. And that time unfortunately for Evil-Lyn had come.


< Time to send this person a little present ... > He thought as a mischievous smile crossed his lips.


Evil-Lyn continued to follow from the branches. But kept getting the feeling something bad was about to happen.


< Why do I feel this way? ...It feel's like I'm in great danger. > Her train of thought was suddenly interrupted as the forest became illuminated by a blueish light.


" Wha? ... -- "


Evil-Lyn, had to cover her eye's to keep from going blind because of the light's intensity. She heard animal's running, apparently startled by it. This went on for another few minutes. When she finally moved her arm's away, she saw the light had disappeared. But something didn't seem quite right. The forest was now quiet, too quiet.


< This isn't good ...What just happened? Did that stranger cause that blue light? >


As she was contemplating the question, the branch she was standing on suddenly snapped sending her plummeting to the forest floor. Evil-Lyn was startled at first but quickly regained her composure. Using her power's, she stopped her free fall and began to hover.


< What was that all abo ...-- >


Her thought's were once again interrupted as she spotted a blue laser beam heading straight for her. She erected a shield but found it useless as the beam shattered it easily. Barely dodging it. Evil-Lyn hastened to the ground, seeking safety behind a large tree after seeing she was in danger.


Barely able to restrain herself from responding aggressively, the Mistress of Evil tried to reason with her unseen assailant.


" Look! ... I didn't come to attack you ... I just want to talk! "


She waited for a response but heard none. She decided to take a quick look to see if anyone was there, but the second her head came from behind the tree another beam shot by almost taking it off.


" Look!! I said I wasn't here too figh ... -- "


Another beam interrupted her as it shot right through the tree. This time missing her head by a couple of inches. The result of which sent the Eternian witch ducking for cover.


Now furious she decided to forget being nice and diplomatic. Jumping into the open, Evil-Lyn fired a blast to where she thought the attacks were coming from. As her attack came near to it's destination. Another beam came and met it causing a large explosion, devastating anything within fifty feet of it.


A few minutes had passed, and Evil-Lyn still saw no traces of life. She smirked, impressed with herself. Ignorant to the fact that her blast alone wasn't the cause of so much destruction.


< I guess he's dead or dying, since he didn't retaliate ...>


" Humph, Who needed you anyway!! " She screamed into the large cloud of smoke which now blanketed the area after the explosion.


She was about to turn and leave, until a small speck of light appeared in the center of the cloud.


" What? ... Impossible ... "


A thin beam the width of a marker came streaking out of the smoke causing her to jump back behind the tree. This time however more beams followed, shooting straight through it. Each missing her head by a couple inches each time. Evil-Lyn now furious, figured it was time again to show this stranger who he was messing with.


Doing a backward roll away from the tree and then a somersault onto a small rock. She charged her staff again ready to fire another blast into the smoke, but was cut off by hundreds of beam's heading straight for her.


" Oh my God ... " She said terrified, but quickly regained her composure as a plan came to mind.


Evil-Lyn, waited for the beam's to get closer. Then jumped, hovered in the air for a few second's as they passed underneath her. She decided to use this opportunity to get a shot in. But was stopped from doing so as one of the blue beams came from her blind side, passing right by her cheek. Startled, she quickly turned around only to be faced with hundreds more heading her way.


< What are they doing, following me?! ... >


She quickly floated back down, and made a break for it on foot. Realizing an escape by the tree's would only slow her down and most likely killed. She headed straight for the center of the black smoke hoping that would throw off her assailant. But before she could reach it, another blast sped by her, hitting and toppling over a large tree directly in her path.


Seeing how this could be used to her advantage. Evil-Lyn somersaulted over the fallen tree. In mid flip she charged up her staff, turning her body towards the beams she sent out a purple ooze. The strange substance stuck to the trees behind her like a spider's web, capturing the beams and stopping their progress.


Upon reaching the ground her body began to glow a dark purple, raising her staff towards the sky, she began to gather an enormous amount of magical energy. The forest itself became coated in a purplish light.


" Fool!, you are no match for Evil-Lyn! You could have had power and glory, but now all you shall receive is death! "


Pointing her staff towards the center of the black smoke. Evil-Lyn unleashed her full fury upon her unseen assailant. The force of the explosion shook the entire forest, causing a gigantic mushroom cloud to rise up from the destruction.


< Why did I go all out ...I could of died? ... >


She dropped to the forest floor barely conscious. A small trickle of blood could be seen coming from the corner of her mouth. She let out a muffled cough, trying to not let more blood escape. Using that attack had taken quite a toll on her body. Breathing heavily, she sat back against a small boulder that survived the explosion. Around half a mile of forest was now completely wiped out, save for a few rocks and tree stump's. A small smile crept onto her face, satisfied she accomplished her goal.


< What a waste ...Anyone that could give me so much trouble would have been definitely useful to us. I wonder what kind of weapon he was using? That first beam completely cracked my shield. Oh well, it doesn't matter now ... >


A few minutes passed by, and Evil-Lyn was beginning to get some of her strength back. The ordeal had taken more out of her then she previously thought. While she rested Skeletor's plan came to mind.


< What a fool … Does he even understand the risk he's taking? ...>


Throughout Eternian history there have been many legend's about a race of invincible dragon's that could breathe both fire and ice. Many people took those legend's as children's stories, but a few knew the real truth. Among those was her father. As a child he told her the full story of the defeat of the dragon's and how terrible it would be if they ever woke from their magical sleep.


< And now that fool Skeletor wants to unleash them. For whatever reason he thinks they can be controlled. I serve such a ...-- >


Evil-Lyn lost her train of thought as a small speck of light caught her attention.


< I wonder what that is? ...Probably someone coming to see what caused the explosion. >


Just as she was about to get up and leave, searing pain shot through her right knee. Letting out an ear piercing cry, she grabbed her leg, which was now in excruciating pain.


" Wha ... Wh ... "


The pain was so great, she couldn't even form words. Tears began to run uncontrollably down her face. She took a look at her knee and saw it now had a small hole going straight through it.


What would happen next changed her life forever. The sound of a man laughing could be heard coming from somewhere in front of her. Evil-Lyn froze, temporarily forgetting the pain. She turned her head slowly to where the laughter looked to be coming from but saw no one.


< That laughter ...It sounds so familiar ... >


Out of fear she tried to stand up by using her staff as a crutch. But her leg quickly gave out, it was then she realized her knee must be completely shattered for it not too be able to support the reduced weight. She let out another blood curdling scream, as the fall caused another surge of pain to shoot throughout her entire body.


Suddenly the laughter stopped, only to be replaced by the sound of footstep's. A cloaked figure suddenly appeared out of nowhere, walking slowly towards her. Evil-Lyn didn't know what to do. She was in no condition to run, and her power's hadn't recovered enough to properly defend herself. She once again tried to stand but this time looking to see if there was a big enough shadow around to hide in.


" Where do you think your going? You'll just hurt yourself further … "


Glaring, Evil-Lyn paid the advise no mind and continued at her attempt to stand.


" Just leave me alone! You did this to me, and now your giving advice?! "


" Girl ... Aren't you the one that was following me throughout the forest? I was simply 'defending' myself … you could have been trying to kill me for all I knew." He said letting out a small chuckle.


" And besides, if I wanted you dead you would be ... Do you think those beam's missed you by accident? ... "


" Girl?! ... I am a women you ... -- " It was then part of his last statement sunk into her mind.


" If I wanted you dead you would be ... " She repeated softly.


As he drew closer, the surrounding forest in her eye's began to change. Evil-Lyn became scared as the scene resembled her dream.


" Hey, are you day dreaming? ... Have I captivated you this much?" He let out a loud laugh, breaking her out of the trance she was in.


" You ... " She said looking upon him with hatred.


" Yes ... It's me. Are you feeling okay girl? You look like a zombie. "


" Why did you let me burn? ... I trusted you and in return you left me to die!!! "


Despite the pain she was in. Evil-Lyn found a way to propel herself at Kakarotto. With murderess intent, she raised the staff over her head, ready to deliver a guillotine like blow. Kakarotto gave her a strange look, as he caught it effortlessly.


" What are you talking about? I've never seen you before ... -- "


" Liar!!! "


Evil-Lyn was suspended in mid air, as she didn't let go of the staff after it was caught. The same zombie like look remained on her face, as she slid down the staff and drove a foot with her good leg into his chest. The impact caused a loud cracking sound which precluded her dropping to the floor clutching her now shattered foot.


More and more tears streamed down her face as the pain intensified. Kakarotto looked down on her with a blank expression. Should he help her, kill her, or just leave her to die, were all thought's that he entertained. Deciding his course of action he bent down in an attempt to pick her up. But Evil-Lyn despite the pain she was in used her hand's to claw on the ground in an attempt to get away from him.


" J..J.us..t leave me al ..one. " She stammered out in-between sobs.


Kakarotto felt a strange twinge of compassion come over him, as he watched her trying to claw away like a wounded animal. Using his speed, he appeared directly in front of her. Evil-Lyn stopped moving when her hand hit what felt like a boot. Realizing who it belonged to. She looked up at him with hatred, as tears continued to pour out.


The two stared at each other, neither showing any signs of backing down. " I said jus ... -- "


Suddenly, Evil-Lyn's world went black, as Kakarotto delivered a light chop to the side of her neck knocking her unconscious.


" Foolish girl … Don't you even know when someone is trying to help you ? "


<><><><>


" Hey, I think someone's down there! ... " Mekanek shouted as he saw the silhouette of a person laying on the forest floor.


Evil-Lyn, awoke to the sound of aircraft's circling above. She looked up at the darkening sky, indicating night would soon be upon the forest. She scanned the area, looking for the source of the noise. She then stopped and realized something very important.


" I'm alive ... " She sat up and also realized her body was no longer in any pain. She took a look at both her foot and knee, which were now healed.


" Was I just dreaming again? ... " She took a look around and saw the destruction her blast caused.


" No ... it was real ... but why didn't he kill me ... -- "


The sound of a twig snapping, caused Evil-Lyn to look behind her. She was startled, as the cloaked stranger that caused her so much pain stood behind her.


" I'm glad your feeling better. You were out for a while. " He said smirking.


Evil-Lyn didn't know what to do. She was scared, but also grateful at the same time. " Thank you ... " She said nervously.


" Thank you for healing me ... " She said trying to relax herself.


Kakarotto smiled and began to walk away, but was stopped by Evil-Lyn's voice.


" Please don't go! At least tell me who you are? ... "


He contemplated whether or not to tell her. But realized that since no one knew him in this universe it wouldn't matter if she knew his name.


" Kakarotto " He said keeping his back towards her.


" Well, Kakarotto ... I have a proposition for you? "


" I didn't think you were that type of woman. Sorry, but I don't mess with women like that. "


He knew she didn't mean any type of sexual offer, but just felt like getting under her skin. And get under her skin it did, as Evil-Lyn turned red as a beet.


" I didn't mean it like that! ... " She said with barely controlled anger.


He just snickered and turned to face her as she explained the offer. " I am called Evil-Lyn. My master, Skeletor, could use someone of your abilities ...-- "


" For what? Why should I join him? "


" Well ... I was getting to that. " She took a deep breath trying to check her anger after being interrupted.


" I believe you've heard of He-Man and the Master's? "


" Yes ... I recall hearing that name before. Something about him being the Most powerful man in the Universe and all that nonsense. "


" Yes ... Well, it's true. He is the Most powerful man in the Universe. And with his comrades, they make an almost unbeatable force. "


" Oh ... I get it. You want my help in defeating them. "


" Yes ... I saw what you did to that fool Ram Man. With your strength and weaponry, the Master's will finally fall. "


Evil-Lyn wasn't sure why she thought this, but there was just something about his aura that exuded power and made her more confident it could be done.


" Weaponry? ... " He said letting out a small chuckle.


" Yes, of the same type you used against me. I don't sense a high amount of magic in you so what else would you of used?


He cocked an eye brow at her question. " Don't you know what Ki is? "


" Ki? ... No, never heard of it. Is that a form of magic? "


To say Kakarotto was shocked was an understatement. " No ... never mind. Tell me more about your offer. Before your 'friend's' interrupt us. "


Evil-Lyn looked up at the wind raider flying above, realizing it would be upon them in a few minute's.


" Wealth and power shall be yours if you join. I'm sure that if your really the deciding factor like I think you will be. Skeletor shall give you vast reward's. More so then you can even imagine ..." She let the last part linger, hoping it would prompt him to accept the offer.


< If she only knew I already possessed such thing's. >


" Sorry ... but I must refuse your offer. "


" Are you a fool! Why? ... " She said clutching her fist's.


He simply smiled, amused by her outburst. " I have no interest in conquering this world at the moment. " He said beginning to walk away again.


" Wait!! " She said taking a few steps closer.


Kakarotto, stopped and faced her once again. " Yes, what is it now? " He said in a icy tone.


" Who are you really? ... No regular man would refuse such power ... -- "


" Stop both of you! " Evil-Lyn and Kakarotto both turned their attention to the voice coming from behind them. He-Man stood with the other Master's, weapon's drawn ready to attack.


" I should of known Skeletor would be behind that explosion. " Stated He-Man.


" He-Man?! " Evil-Lyn looked upset for underestimating the time it would take then to arrive.


Kakarotto on the other hand examined the group before him. He recognized three of them. The two from the inn and the girl Teela. The rest were a strange Assortment of characters, not worthy of his time. Except for the main person speaking.


" So this is the mighty He-Man. " He said with a bit of contempt.


" Yes, and who may you be stranger? "


Ram-Man and Buzz-Off instantly recognized the cloaked figure. " It's him! " They both said in unison, capturing the other Master's attention. Ram-Man began to to be filled with rage remembering the embarrassment he suffered earlier.


" You know him? " Asked Man-At-Arms.


" He's the one I told you about from the inn. " Everyone turned their attention towards Kakarotto, remembering the tale Buzz-Off told.


" Well, well ... It's you two ... Is your neck still sore tubby? ... " He said with a cruel smirk.


Ram-Man nearly exploded, he took a step forward but was restrained by Buzz-Off and Man-At-Arms.


" Remember what happened last time, your not his match! " Stated Buzz-Off


" Let me go!! I'll tear him apart!! "


Teela looked on quietly. She recognized the cloaked figure as the same one she bumped into while in the village.


< He didn't seem like an evil being, just real creepy. But if he isn't evil then why is Evil-Lyn with him ? > She pondered this until her thought's were interrupted.


" Hello Teela, how are you feeling? Have you conquered your enemy yet? " Every eye turned towards her, surprised that they apparently knew each other.


Teela looked on nervously. She felt everyone's gaze was locked on her waiting to see how she responded.


" Hmm, yes I'm feeling better, and no I haven't yet ... " She said quietly, lowering her head as the incident with Adam came rushing back to her once again.


" Enemy? ... What is he talking about Teela? " Asked her father.


" Nothing that concerns the present situation. I'll tell you later ... okay? " She looked at her father with eye's pleading not to push the topic.


Man-At-Arms sighed, acknowledging her plea, ending the matter for now. He had a good idea what it was about and knew this wasn't the best time to bring it up. He-Man on the other hand wasn't about to let it drop so quickly.


" Did someone do you wrong Teela? " He said a little too stern, startling her a little.


" No, No, nothing's wrong. "


She was lying, that was certain. He wanted to push it some more, but the timid look she gave stopped him cold.


< What the ...She's never looked like that, not even when we were kid's. >


His guilt was really getting to him now. He felt absolutely horrible for hitting her. The pain going through his heart made it feel like bursting. There was really only one thing to be done, but he knew it couldn't be done as He-Man.


" Okay ... Teela, no problem. " He said giving her a warm smile.


Evil-Lyn looked on in silence. The situation certainly wasn't the best she's ever been in. there was no way she could take on the Master's by herself, and she highly doubted they would let her go. She wasn't even sure if Kakarotto would help her if it came down to a fight. But at the temporary distraction involving Teela she saw the chance to escape. Levitating her staff off the ground, she channeled her rekindled power, forming a thick fog to cover the entire area.


Seeing her trick did it's job in leaving the Master's confused and disoriented. Evil-Lyn started to leave, only to see Kakarotto smile and wink at her. It was then she realized what he had done.


< He really is a very cunning warrior. Distracting the Master's the way he did so I could escape. > Evil-Lyn smiled in return, before running off into the forest.


<><><><>


A few minute's passed, as the Master's began to get their coherence back. The fog was slowly drifting away to the delight of everyone.


" She sure is a tricky one ... " Stated Man-At-Arms.


They looked around seeing if Evil-Lyn or the stranger were still there. In the distance they saw the silhouette of someone as the remaining fog was dissipating. As the fog completely faded away, the form could be seen more clear. It was the stranger standing with a smile on his face.


" He-Man! ... I have a proposition for you. "


" And what may that be? " He-Man asked cautiously.


Kakarotto's smile grew even wider. Raising his index finger towards the darkening sky, a small glimmer of light could be seem coming from the tip of it. With everyone wondering what was going on, the small light grew into a gigantic blue sphere shocking everyone.


" What do you plan on doing with that thing?! " Asked the bewildered He-Man.


" Catch ... " He bent his finger, sending the sphere towards it's victim.


The Master's looked on in terror as the gigantic ball bore down on them. The entire area became blanketed in blue light emitting from the sphere. Hurricane force wind's were blowing rocks, tree limbs and other debris everywhere. The Master's had to seek cover behind large boulder's or tree's to keep from being blown away. He-man though, stood his ground. His intuition telling him if he moved Eternia would be doomed.


<> He-Man, you must not let it touch the ground ... <>

<> Sorceress, what is that thing?! ... <>


<> It is the power I warned you about. Stand strong, for the fate of Eternia is now in your hands. <>


Realizing what had to be done, he extended his arm's in anticipation. Teela looked on in horror as the man she loved looked like he was actually going to try and catch the gigantic ball.


" What are you doing?!! That thing might kill you!! " She said trying to come from behind the rock she was hiding behind in an attempt to reach him. Only to be blown back by the force of the wind's.


" Stay back Teela, I must do this for Eternia's sake!! Don't worry I'll be fine! ... " He said giving her the best fake smile he could.


Kakarotto waited in eager anticipation as the ball neared it's target. A fiendish smile crossed his lips as it came closer and closer to it's victim.


< Now we shall see if you truly are the most powerful man in the Universe or not. >


The death ball and He-Man met with earth shaking impact. The battle between magic and Ki had now started and magic already was in trouble. He-Man struggled with all his might to keep the ball from overtaking him. His hand's were beginning to burn and his strength was failing all to quickly.


< No! ...I must not fail! >


He dropped to one knee, the pressure the ball was exerting was becoming much too great for him to handle. The other Master's looked on in horror as He-Man looked like he was about to fall.


" No ... " Teela was now crying freely as she watched her love struggle. His death seemed imminent, as he dropped to both knee's.


" Stop this!! Your killing him!! " She pleaded.


Hearing Teela's cry. He-Man gathered what remaining strength he had left in one last attempt to drive the ball back. Pushing for all he's worth, he raised himself back up to both feet.


" Sorceress!!! I need more strength!!! " He cried while falling back to one knee.


<> You shall have all the power of Grayskull. Fight well Adam, fight well ... <>


He-Man's body began to glow as it received new power. He stood firmly on both feet surprising all who watched. With a great cry he punched the ball sending it soaring into the sky. He-Man watched as it flew farther and farther away but was leery about taking his attention away from it as something was telling him the ordeal wasn't over.


Letting a couple minutes pass by. Kakarotto raised his hand towards the sky, stopping the ball in mid air. As he brought his hand back down the ball followed suite, speeding back towards the ground. He-Man planted his feet firmly, readying himself for the sphere's return. With renewed power and strength he caught it, as the force of the impact caused a small crater.


" Why are ..you doi. ... doing this?! " He-Man said while straining to keep from being over taken.


Kakarotto didn't respond, but continued to smile as He-Man still struggled even after being powered up.


He-Man's hand's began to burn once again. He let out a loud cry as the pain was becoming unbearable. His left leg buckled sending him to one knee. His hand's couldn't take anymore. He embraced the ball in a hug with his hand's faced out to stop the burning, but realized the move was stupid as his chest and the right side of his face were now beginning to smoke.


Cyclone had just arrived on the scene after receiving an urgent call from Man-At-Arms. He wasn't sure what was going on, but after seeing He-Man in great danger. Used his own wind forming abilities to resist the hurricane force winds created by the sphere. Landing about ten feet away he summoned all his power and created a giant tornado like column, sending it directly at the sphere.


The sphere began to let up on He-Man but only a little. Kakarotto seeing that He-Man was receiving help teleported in front of Cyclone.


" This was for He-Man and him alone. So if you value your life ... stay out! ... " Kakarotto's eye's flashed as an invisible energy wave hit Cyclone sending him flying back to where the other Master's were hiding out.


He-Man saw his opportunity. Using the last bit of strength he had left. He positioned the ball to face in Kakarotto's direction. Sitting on the ground, he placed his leg's in between the sphere and his chest. Then with a great push he sent it speeding towards it's maker.


Kakarotto smiled at the so called Strongest Man in the Universes alertness. Extending his hand he caught the ball effortlessly. Looking over at the fallen warrior, he wondered if he should go on. He walked over to where He-Man lay, death sphere in hand. Standing over him, Kakarotto examined the extent of his injuries.


" This is bad ... but I've seen worse. " He said letting the sphere dissipate.


Teela, seeing the sphere dissolve, quickly ran over to where He-Man lay.


" Get away from him!! "


She jumped into the air and tried to deliver a kick to Kakarotto's face. But was stopped as he caught her leg and through her down to the ground.


" I believe you need to focus your attention on him Teela. "


Following his advice Teela turned her attention towards He-Man. She gasped at his condition. His arm's, chest, and the right side of his face were horribly burned. Along with his left leg which looked like it was broken.


" No ... "


She dropped to her knee's as tear's were beginning to form. Laying her head on his chest she began to cry softly. The tears caused him to cry out in pain as they hit his burnt flesh. The other Master's ran up to the scene and all shared the same anger, pain, and sorrow Teela felt.


" Frankly I'm surprised he was able to hold out so long. But this little test gave me the answer's about him I wanted. " Kakarotto said coldly.


Everyone looked at him with hatred. The Master's minus Teela, got into their fighting stance's ready to exact revenge for their fallen friend.


" Oh please, spare me the dirty looks before I slaughter the lot of you. " Reaching into a small pocket on his belt, Kakarotto pulled out a small bean and tossed it to Teela.


She caught it, but looked it over cautiously. " What is this? ... " She said still with tears streaming down.


" Feed that to him, and his wounds will be healed. "


Teela still looked at it skeptically. " Why should I trust you ..? How do I know this isn't poison? "


" Girl, are you really this stupid?! I could of killed him while he laid there. I have no need to poison him. And besides you can't afford not to trust me. He will die if you don't give that to him ... But the choice is yours ..." He then levitated into the sky and flew off.


The Master's watched him fly off, not even trying to stop him. There thought's were centered on their fallen friend. They all gathered around him in a circle. Ram-Man, Stratos, Buzz-Off, Cyclone, Man-E-Faces, Mekanek, Man-At-Arms, and his beloved companion Cringer/Battle Cat. Surrounded him in what seemed like a wake.


" What should we do father? ... Should I give this to him? ... "


Man-At-Arm's took the bean and performed a quick scan using the visor build into his helmet. He found no abnormalities, or poison in it at all. But still he was torn whether it was safe.


<> Go ahead Duncan. I have used my magic to check it's safety. It will do as the stranger say's. <>


<> Thank you Sorceress ... <>


Looking over to Teela he gave the bean back and instructed her to give it to He-man quickly. She obeyed, and like magic his wounds were all healed. He sat up immediately and examined his hand's, leg's, felt his face and chest. He was amazed to be still alive and completely healed.


" What happened? ... Where did the stranger go? " He asked bewildered.


Teela embraced him tightly. With her head buried into his shoulder she uttered words never thought possible.


" I love you ... "


<><><><><><><><> ;


A/N: There was going to be more interaction between Adam and Teela, but I didn't want to make the chapter too long. So Chap 5, will have more meaningful interaction between the two, along with other things. Stuff like how he knew Teela's name and about He-Man will be revealed in time. I hope you enjoyed reading :) and please remember to drop a good word as to whether you like the story or not. :)