Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Price Of Power ❯ Chapter: 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Price Of Power


" rrrr " Speech

< rrrr > Thoughts

<<rrrr >> Inward voice

<>rrrr <> Telepathy


Well, this is were Evil-Lyn gets introduced into the story. I believe her personality is portrayed correctly, but if not let me know, I believe some tweaking can still be done. Anyway, enjoy !! :)


Chapter: Three


<><><><><><><><> ;


Everything was totally destroyed. Eternia, her home was now just a wasteland. She walked along the ruins of the former Eternian Palace, now only rubble. The devastation was quite a sight to behold, and left her with a sense of fear but also awe.


" How did this happen? ... Did Skeletor finally win? ... "


As she asked the question, her surroundings suddenly changed. Instead of the palace she found herself outside Grayskull, or what was left of it. The former fortress of power shared the same fate as the palace. She began to walk over the rubble, again finding herself completely shocked by the devastation.


" Grayskull ... This must definitely be the work of Skelet ... -- "


Even before she finished saying the statement, her surroundings once again changed. This time finding herself in a barren field littered with bodies. She walked through the corpses only to find they consisted of enemies and allies alike.


< Impossible ... everyone's dead ... > She thought to herself.


She stood in the middle of the carnage trying to soak everything in. The death of her enemies and some of her allies didn't bother her in the least. In a twisted sort of way she was glad to see them dead. But the total devastation was what troubled her or more importantly the cause of it.


< Skeletor is dead right before me, so who, or what did this? >


It was then that she heard it ... a sick twisted laugh. She looked around frantically for the source only to find no one. The laughter continued, becoming louder and louder with each passing moment. She was forced to her knees as it pierced her very soul, almost driving her insane.


" Please stop! ... Please! ... " She pleaded, but her pleading seemed to go unanswered as the laughter continued.


" I beg you please stop ... "


" Beg? ... I wouldn't of expected a person such as yourself would result to begging. "


The laughter stopped as the mysterious male voice spoke to her. She was relieved the torment was over, but now fear crept into her heart as the unknown voice spoke to her.


" Who ... Who are you? ... " She said still on her knee's too petrified to stand.


" Power ... The power you have always desired."


As the voice spoke, a mass of large, black, cumulous clouds began to gather over where she stood. The clouds blanketed the entire area, and where so thick and dark they even blocked out the sun, turning day into night.


" Power? ... " She asked bewildered.


" Yes my dear, power! ... "


Golden lighting began to strike the land from the clouds. With each strike the land began to break apart causing massive earthquakes throughout the entire area.


" No! Stop! "


Evil-Lyn still couldn't will herself to move. What she was seeing scared her to death. The whole planet felt like it was going to be ripped apart. She again tried to will her legs to move but again found them still paralyzed with fear.


" Why my dear, isn't this what you've always wanted? Your enemies are dead and nothing can stand in your way of ruling Eternia."


"So your the one responsible for this ... Yes, I wanted to rule ... but not like this. There's nothing left for me to rule."


"And what does that matter? Eternia can be rebuilt, but now only in your image. Think about it, a world completely tailored to your every whim. " It said letting out a twisted laugh.


She pondered the idea for what seemed like an eternity. The voice was right, she did crave power. Eternia could be hers, and anyone that could of stood in her way was now dead. She smiled as the thought of being queen ran through her mind.


" Why should I trust you? ... How do I know you won't kill me also? And besides why would you want to help me?


The mysterious voice let out a small chuckle at her mistrust before responding. " If I wanted you dead you would be. As for my wanting to help you ... Hmm, lets just say we share a common goal. Now! ... Do you want the power to rule this planet or frankly anything in the Universe?! "


" Universe ... " The word rolled of her lips as if she were in a trance.


" Yes, Universe. No need to stop at just Eternia, when everything could be yours. Now decide! My time is short here."


It was almost to much for her to bare. First she finds Eternia destroyed and now the same force that destroyed it is now offering her 'unlimited' power. She honestly wasn't sure what to do. Why would it want to give her this power? What did it mean by we share a common goal? And most importantly what would be the price for such power? She knew very well that such power wouldn't come cheaply.


" I except ... "


She almost didn't believe it when the words came out of her mouth. Was her lust for power really this bad as to not even care about the possible consequences?


" Excellent! ... You shall become the most powerful woman ever to exist."


" What will I have to do? "


Her common sense was pleading with her to not be so fool hardy, but her lust was now in control overriding any rational thought.


" Just hold out your hand."


She did as instructed, holding out a trembling right hand. Lighting began to strike once again but this time nothing shook. She continued to hold out her hand even though she feared being stricken by the lighting. As if on cue a bolt struck the earth a few feet away almost sending her reeling back in fear. But the bolt didn't cause any damage to the spot it struck.


In it's place stood a shadowy figure. The figure towered over her kneeling trembling form. She could see no arms, legs, or mouth, just a pair of glowing golden eyes. It's body was just like a shadow, except this black was deeper then anything she had ever seen before. She gazed upon it with absolute fear, but yet she was determined to go through with whatever was needed to gain the power she so desperately wanted.


" I ... I'm ready … "


" Excellent …"


A small golden ball suddenly appeared and settled itself in her extended hand.


" Eat it. " The shadowy figure instructed.


" Wha… What?! You want me to eat energy?! " She asked shocked


" Yes, eat it, and I swear by the living GOD Patamowos you will have your power …"


She looked at the ball skeptically, truly wondering if this object no bigger then her hand could grant the power she wanted.


< But why should I doubt? He is right, if he wanted me dead then I already would be . If he truly is the power that crushed He-Man, Skeletor and all the rest then I should have nothing to worry about > And with that thought she swallowed it ..


" Taste's like honey ..."


" I'm glad you like it " The mysterious figure said letting out a small laugh.


" I don't feel any different, how long will it take until ...-- " She was cut short as her inside's began to burn.


" Wha -- is .. happe? -- "


The being let out another small laugh as her entire body began to glow. The pain she felt was unbearable. She tried to speak but instead of words a golden beam came roaring out streaking towards the heavens. Her eyes glowed like flames of gold and her body became incased in a golden flame. The being just looked down at her not saying a word as she was engulfed and burnt to a cinder.


<><><><>


Evil-Lyn abruptly sat up on her bed sweating profusely. She looked at her hands and body to find she wasn't on fire and that the whole thing once again was just a dream.


" That's the third time this week ..." She said to herself.


She laid back down with her eyes fixed on the ceiling. She recalled the events of the dream and became disturbed that she could be so easily entranced by power.


< Am I really that desperate? ... >


She pondered the question for what seemed like hours, but in reality it was only a few minutes. A knock came at the door breaking Evil-Lyn away from her thoughts.


" What is it?! ... " She asked annoyed.


" Skeletor want's you now! " She recognized the voice as that oaf Beastman.


" Tell Skeletor I will be there shortly!"


" He said now Evil-Lyn! We were all suppose to meet an hour ago to discuss his latest plan for attacking Grayskull." Her eyes became saucer sized, as the realization of her tardiness dawned on her. She let out a sigh and sat back up on the bed.


" I'm coming ... "


" Make it quick he isn't pleased. "


At that Beastman stomped his way down the hall. She grew increasingly tired of all this. Skeletor, Snake Mountain, her comrades, his constantly failing plans. Her father, once asked her why she was still hanging around all this. At the time she had told him Skeletor was power, but now she seriously wondered if that was true. Couldn't she do better? ... Was a question she had been pondering for some time.


She stood up making her way to the closet. The thought of not taking a bath was revolting but she knew how Skeletor could be once he doesn't get his way. A bath would have to wait for now. So she quickly put on her clothes and exited the room.


As she entered Skeletor's throne room, Evil-Lyn saw the gaze he was giving her and prepared for the verbal assault.


" Well Evil-Lyn ... I see you have chosen to grace us with your presence."


" I'm sorry for my lateness Skeletor, it won't happen agai ...-- "


Evil-Lyn was cut short as she dodged a blast aimed for her head. As she raised her head back up, a few small snicker's were coming from the bystander's, glad for once someone else was the brunt of Skeletor's anger. The ball on her staff became to glow as she readied to retaliate. The look in her eyes was one of pure death, but as quickly as it came, it was gone. She powered down, realizing she wasn't a match for Skeletor yet and any such attempt at attacking him would leave her most likely dead.


" See that it doesn't. " He said in a low but dangerous tone.


" Now, onto the reason I have gathered you all here.


< Could I do better ... > Was all she thought as Skeletor laid out his new plan.


<><><><>


Kakarotto sat at his back table enjoying the meal he ordered. It was a good thing the people on Eternia spoke English. Even though he was use to Japanese he was well versed in the English language.


" Servant girl, get me more food." He ordered, while stuffing his face with what looked like a chicken leg.


The inn's waitress a tall thin girl with shoulder length brown hair just scoffed and made her way back into the kitchen to feed the living food vacuum.


" Iva!, why must we serve that pompous --"


" Quiet girl before he overhears ... " Said the pudgy inn keeper.


" But why must we serve him?! At the rate he's eating we'll be completely out of food!"


" I said quiet! ... Who cares if he eats it all. With the amount of gold I received we can all retire."


" Gold? ... What gold? ...


Iva then walked over to what looked like a pile of clothes covered by a brown blanket. When he uncovered it the blaze was blinding. All Selene could do was stand motionless with her mouth wide open.


" Ho .. How? ... " She asked in a complete state of shock.


" Yesterday, when you all had left I was doing some last minute work on our budget when I heard a knock at the door. I went to it and told the person we were closed and to come back tomorrow. When I turned around I saw this cloaked figure in front of me. I asked how he got in here and demanded he leave, but instead he ordered a mountain of food for anytime he comes in. I thought he was crazy and was going to call for some of the security force the King placed here to remove him. But instead, I asked how he was going to pay for it all considering I didn't see a wagon full of gold with him. He then took out a strange looking capsule and pressed a button on the top of it. He threw it on the floor and poof ... there in front of me stood the finest gold I have ever seen."


" Is he married? ... " She asked, hoping / praying Kakarotto wasn't.


" Forget about that! Just go and make sure you keep him appeased. He will be here for a while, not really sure how long but he paid me to make sure every time he comes by we would have food and if needed a room with full accommodations. "


" No problem boss, I'll make sure he's well takencare of ... " She said with a mischievous gleam in her eye.


<><><><>


Ram-Man, looked on in awe as someone was actually capable of devouring more food then himself. He watched as plate after plate after plate disappeared from the unknown man's table.


" What a glutton, no wonder our order is taking so long. This guy is eating all the food. "


Kakarotto shot a glare over at the two. The comment was low and almost inaudible but with his sensitive hearing he heard it just fine. He examined the two, both looked like warriors of some type. One was big with a bullet shaped head, he obviously wasn't the most in shape person but Kakarotto could tell he was capable of handling himself. The other was much more intriguing, and stood out in this place more then he did. The half man half wasp creature returned Kakarotto's glare. The two continued to stare at each other until Kakarotto let out a chuckle and went back to his meal.


" Hey buddy what's so funny?! " Asked Ram-Man.


He realized their Ki's were two of the ones he sensed earlier, but he paid it no mind. Kakarotto's refusal to acknowledge Ram-Man's question only seemed to infuriate him more as he left his table and made his way over to where Kakarotto sat.


" Hey buddy I said what's so funny?! " Kakarotto still paid him no mind as he continued to eat.


The look on Ram-Man's face told it all. He looked as if a vein was going to bust in his head.


" I said ...-- "


" Look, why don't you go back to your seat?! " He turned around to see the voice coming from the waitress.


" Stop bothering the customers! " She said sternly.


Ram-Man gave her a confused look as he responded. " Why are you mad at me? ... He's the one eating you out of business! "


" As I said stop bothering the customers!! " Selene screamed in rage.


Kakarotto stared at her for a second, her attitude towards him suddenly changed once she came back from the kitchen. He reasoned the old man must of showed her the gold. He started to laugh making the two turn their attention towards him.


" Let the fat oaf talk ... His rambling is amusing."


" What?! "


Ram-man was infuriated, he stepped closer to his insulter ready to do some bodily harm until he was stopped by Buzz-Off. The half humanoid creature put a restraining arm on his companion's shoulder in an attempt to stop him from doing something stupid. He didn't know what it was, but he felt something strange coming from the stranger.


" I think we better leave, causing trouble wouldn't benefit anyone. "


" No way! I won't take being insulted by the like's of him! "


With that statement Kakarotto laughed even harder. " If you knew who you were dealing with and how truly insignificantyou were to me, you would grovel at my feet. "


That statement made everyone's head in the inn turn towards him. A murmur started going around wondering if he was some kind of king or some great warrior or sorcerer to talk so boldly. Kakarotto paid the talk no mind as he gazed upon his would be assailant.


" Well tubby, either grovel or leave the choice is yours."


Ram-Man couldn't stand anymore, he broke free of Buzz-Off's grip and threw a punch towards the table. Kakarotto had an eager look as Ram-Man's punch came closer to his face. He moved his head to the right letting the punch hit the wall, causing minimal damage. He laughed at the feeble attempt, as his attacker removed his hand from the wall and readied another strike. This time Kakarotto blocked the punch with his finger, leaving Ram-Man and everyone else stunned.


" See ... I told you, you were nothing. " He then back slapped Ram-Man sending him flying uncontrollably out the inn doors.


Kakarotto arose from his seat and headed towards the door. Buzz-Off was contemplating what to do. He could try and stop him but by the show of strength he just displayed, he knew it may not do any good. But then again he couldn't let his 'friend' get hurt. So deciding on his course of action he stepped in Kakarotto's path and prepared himself for battle.


" Don't worry ... I won't hurt your friend to bad. He just need's a lesson in respecting those greater then himself." With that statement Kakarotto disappeared from everyone's sight, leaving everyone dumfounded.


Kakarotto reappeared in front of the dazed warrior. Ram-Man groggily got to his feet, realizing the only thing that stopped him from being knocked unconscious was his reinforced skull.


" Come now ... don't tell me you couldn't even take that light tap."


Ram-Man lunged forward in an attempt to get him into a bear hug. But Kakarotto disappeared from sight, leaving his attacker grabbing air.


" Huh, were did he go? " He looked around but only saw the crowd that had gathered and his partner at the entrance of the inn. Buzz-Off looked worried which Ram-Man quickly picked up on.


" Hey, why are you looking like that? He just caught me off guard that's all ... " As he finished saying the statement, he heard something knocking on his helmet.


He looked above him only to be shocked by what he saw. Kakarotto floated in midair poised in a crouching position.


" Hi there ... "


Ram-Man reached up in an attempt to grab him but Kakarotto disappeared from sight once again.


< Sad ...the big dumb one's fall for it every time ... >


While Ram-Man still had his hands in the air Kakarotto reappeared on the ground in front of him. Still crouching he delivered a light tap with his elbow to his opponent's abdomen, causing him to double over in pain. The intensity of the pain was so great it forced Ram-Man to his knees. Kakarotto, then stood over him admiring his handy work.


Ram-Man tried to stand straight up but failed miserably as he fell back to the ground. Kakarotto looked down at him with disgust before grabbing him by the throat and lifting him a couple feet above the ground.


" Pathetic! ... I was tougher then you as a child. "


Ram-Man could do nothing, he tried to pry the hand from around his throat but the grasp was like iron. He tried pounding it with his fists, but still nothing. He let out a cry of pain as the grip got even tighter cutting off his flow of oxygen.


Buzz-Off stared at the scene in complete shock. He knew Ram-Man wasn't the greatest warrior but could hold his own in most fights. Never though had he seen him being treated in this manner. He drew his sword realizing if someone didn't break this up soon Ram-Man would be dead.


Kakarotto saw that the chubby warrior's friend was about to intervene so he decided to put an end to his teaching. He lowered Ram-Man down so they were face to face.


" I will say this once and only once. If you ever attack me again, what you feel now will pale in comparison to what I will do to you then. Frankly, it will be so bad, you'll beg me to kill you. " He said with a twisted smile.


With that Kakarotto released him and headed back to the inn to finish his meal. On the way he passed Buzz-Off who just gave him a quick glance as he went over to help his comrade. Selene though watched him with dreamy eye's.


< Wow!! he's rich and strong ... I must have him!! >


Iva had seen the whole thing and wondered why the guards didn't try to arrest him or at least try and break it up. But as he gave it more thought he realized they must have been scared of him like everyone else. He didn't know what it was, but something about this stranger induced fear. When he first saw him chills ran up his spine, his mind was screaming at him to run away but at the time he didn't know why. He looked over at Selene and by the look on her face his worse fear had come true.


< Oh no, she must be plotting something again. And knowing how she likes the rich strong type it must involve this stranger. >


He lowered his head, his mood became downcast at the share thought of one of her harebrained schemes.


<><><><>


Teela, had been wondering around aimlessly in the small town for a couple of hours now. She had been going in circles and many of the people who saw her go by realized that something was definitely wrong with the daughter of Man-At-Arms. She needed to get away from the Palace and especially Adam for a while, but the unwanted attention she was getting made her regret the decision to leave. The previous day's events still plagued her thought's. Over and over again she replayed the scene with Adam.


< That bastard Adam! ... Why ... why did he? ... > She dropped to her knees crying silently.


< What am I doing?! I'm acting like a child ... Warrior's don't cry like children!! > She thought as her fisted pounded the dirt in frustration.


Many people looked upon her with pity, truly wondering what horrible thing was ailing her. A crowd began to form around Teela, many asking if she needed help.


" Just leave me alone!! "


She pounded the dirt again, frightening many of the onlookers. Teela, suddenly jumped into the air in an attempt to get away from the crowd. She hopped off person after person's head until she was clear of the crowd. She tried to take off into a sprint, but her progress was halted as she slammed into what felt like a wall of iron. The impact left her lying on the ground partially dazed, with a trickle of blood running down the left side of her face.


" What the? ... " She said a bit groggy.

" Well, young warrior, someone needs to be more careful about where their going. "


" Where did you come from? ... You weren't there before ..." She said looking up at the unknown figure.


Kakarotto gave her a Vegita like smirk and extended his hand to help her up. Teela looked at it skeptically, not sure whether to except it or not do to the strange feeling she felt coming from him. He was defiantly a warrior, that was easy for her to tell. But why he unnerved her so much she couldn't tell.


" Thanks ... " She took his hand but eyed him cautiously as he helped her up.


" No problem ... " Teela, began to walk past him but was stopped dead in her tracks by his next statement.


" Oh and Teela, every battle can't be won by brute force or share force of will, cunning is needed at times. The more you try and push someone the more they will resist you, and see your words as foolishness. But the true warrior knows all about their adversary and especially their weakness's and uses it to conqueror them. "


" How do you know who I am? ... " She asked in shock.


Kakarotto simply smiled and walked off, leaving a very confused young woman.


<><><><>


Evil-Lyn had seen both the incidence at the inn and now with Teela. She liked to come into this town because it was small and nothing big ever happened. And after the incident with Skeletor she needed to clear her head a little. She usually stayed conspicuous by disguising herself to look like a regular peasant. And it was in this form she saw Ram-Man come flying through the door of her favorite place to eat, and a mysterious figure appear right in front of him. She had suddenly gotten a feeling that something very important was about to happen so she decided to hide herself in the shadows while she observed this stranger.


< Perhaps Skeletor could use him ... If he could make one of He-Man's allies look like a child then he might be what we need to give us the edge over He-Man and the rest of those goody goody Master's. >


As she continued to gaze upon him walking out of town, another thought kept going through her mind. One that has been plaguing her lately but now even more after seeing the fight at the inn.


< Could I do better ... >


<><><><><><><><> ;


We'll that's the end of the third chapter. The next chap will have more interaction between Goku and the other's, Teela and Adam's problem's will be addressed more and the baby dragon's roll will be made a bit clearer , I hope :) Well let me know if you like it. In other words please review, you'll be surprised how far a little word of encouragement goes. ^_^