Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Price Of Power ❯ Chapter: 7c ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Price Of Power


" rrrr " Speech

< rrrr > Thoughts

<< rrrr >> Inward voice

<> rrrr <> Telepathy


A/N: Hi all :) here's 7c. This by far is the longest chapter I've written and I hope people can see why I had to split it up into three parts. If I didn't you wouldn't of seen an update until now. :) Well, enjoy!!


Chapter: 7c


<><><><><><><><> ;


" Ka … Me … Ha … Me!! … "


The loud echo caused by the mysterious voice, boomed in Teela's ears causing her to regain consciousness. Slowly opening her eye's, she saw that she was lying in the branches of a large tree. Turning her attention towards her body, she saw it received only a few scrapes and bruises, nothing worth worry about.


" Haa!!! "


Teela turned her attention to the sky as the sound boomed once again, causing the tree and her body to shake violently.


< What is going on?! >


Jumping off the tree's branches she landed on the ground which was shaking as if an earthquake was happening.


" Haa!!! "


Turning her attention back towards the sky Teela saw a large black cloud coming from the direction Kakarotto had been. And massive rays of light heading into space.


" Haa!!! "


Panicking slightly, she began to look around for the other Master's hoping they were safe. But as soon as she finished thinking the thought, He-Man and the other Master's came running towards her.


" Teela! "


Running over but stopping himself short of taking her into his arm's, He-Man asked if she was hurt and if the strange voice was the cause of the shaking.


" I'm not sure but ...-- "


" Haa!!! "


The ground shook again as the strange voice echoed throughout the area. The Master's joined Teela as she looked in the direction of Grayskull and saw the enormous black cloud of smoke and the rays of light coming from there.


" We have to go back, Grayskull could be in great danger! " Stated Man-At-Arms, as he tried to keep his balance.


" But what about Kakarotto and whomever fired that ball at him? He wanted us to get away from the area before we got caught up in what ever was going to happen. Do you really think it's a good idea to go back so soon? " Replied Teela.


" We can't worry about that right now. The Sorceress isn't with us and it's safe to assume she's somewhere around there. We have pledged to defend Eternia, even with our lives if necessary. So regardless of who or what is waiting back there we must go back. "


He-Man nodded and agreed with Man-At-Arms shocking some. Kakarotto had wanted to make him his slave and now He-Man wanted to go right back seemly right into his arm's, and to what or whomever else was waiting back there.


" Regardless of the danger I / we must go and protect Grayskull and the Sorceress. " He said to everyone but particularly to Teela.


" If it is my destiny to be a slave then so be it. But regardless, whether slave, free, dead or alive. I will serve Eternia with all the strength and courage I have. "


Teela watched as the rest of the Master's agreed and they all started running towards what might be their collected destiny. She knew that He-Man was scared in spite of the courageous face he put up. She put her hand into his as they ran, and gave him the best smile she could muster. He was a little shocked at first but then returned her smile and squeezed her hand gently.


" I love you ... "


" I love you too Teela ... "


They both said as they continued running towards their and Eternia's future.


<><><><>


Evil-Lyn snapped her eyes open and examined her present surroundings. All around her was nothing but white. No sky, stars, sun just white. She quickly sat up and saw even the ground was all white.


" Where am I now? " She said a bit exasperated.


" Your unconscious. "


Evil-Lyn quickly turned her head to see Kakarotto standing behind her, or she thought it was him. The person she saw had the same face, but the hair style was all wild, sticking in every which direction. She also noted his face was different, appearing a lot softer and gentler.


" Kakarotto? … " She asked a bit uneasy.


" Sort of ... " He said rubbing the back of his head.


" Sort of? What do you mean by that? " She said giving him a suspicious look.


" It's a long story ... but he will tell you eventually. My name is Son Goku I'm Kakarotto's alter ego of sorts. "


" Alter ego? "


" Yes, or you can say his other half. Kakarotto is the original personality and I am the one that came about as an accident when he was a child. "


" If you are just an alter ego, how then is it possible for you to be speaking to me now? "


" I know it seems strange but I can't really explain it myself. When he regained full control of our body he imprisoned me in a small corner of his mind. But for whatever reason he released me and now I work along with his conscience, whenever his tyrannical way's get out of hand. "


Evil-Lyn found this to be quite strange. First being in this strange world, then Kakarotto's alleged alter ego talking to her.


" Wait, why are you telling me private things that might be used against him? "


" Actually it can't. Knowing that there was once another personality in charge won't help anyone against him. You saw what happened to this worlds most powerful person. The same will happen to anyone who wants to challenge him. "


" But what about the ball of energy that hit him? He looked worried just before it impacted … "


" Oh that. He wasn't worried about the attack, just the person who fired it. Which is part of the reason I'm here. You might be in serious danger, very serious danger … "


" What?! ... Why would I be in danger from this person? I haven't done them anything. " Evil-Lyn still was very confused. She really didn't know what to make of Goku or anything that had happened in the day so far.


" Have you ever heard of the term, hell has no fiery like the wrath of a woman scorned? "


" Not that exact term, but I understand what you mean. So the person attacking is someone who he had hurt emotionally and is now seeking revenge for their hurt? "


" Yeah … in a way ... To be honest I'm not actually sure why she's attacking. But to be safe I figured I would warn you to watch yourself. Stay as close to Kakarotto as possible and do as he tells you. "


" Okay ... "


" One more thing. He has no desire to rule Eternia. So don't worry about becoming a slave. You also shouldn't worry about gaining power. Those who worry about gaining power at any cost always end up dead. It is the price they pay for their lust. So try not to worry ... remember what he told you in Snake mountain. "


" Do you expect me to believe that?! I know what the strong do to the weak! The weak only get trampled and crushed underfoot before those who have real power! "


" Your right, in some cases that does happen. But with him it won't. Don't let what he just did to He-Man effect you. He-Man needed to be taught a lesson that will serve to help this world in the future. "


" What type of lesson comes from beating someone near death? Unless to prove their just a speck, an insignificant nothing compared to you! "


" Just wait and see. " Goku said with a slight chuckle.


" Anyway, it's about time I go and you return to consciousness. When you wake up some of what I said will hopefully start to make sense. "


" I hope so, but one question? "


" Sure,what do you want to know? "


" What are you and Kakarotto? ... I've never seen anyone or thing display that type of power before. "


" Hmm, we are ... "


Goku stopped and considered if he should share that secret or let Kakarotto do it. There was no danger in her knowing, but the realization that the man she was fond of was actually from a race of super powerful extinct aliens from a different Universe might be a bit too much for her at the moment. She already thought he was going to make her a slave and that news might not help in convincing her otherwise.


" Now is not the right time for you to know that. But I promise, you will know someday. I really must be going. He already chastised me for speaking to you without his permission before, and I doubt he will like me speaking to you now.


" Wait! When have we spoken before? " She said giving him a perplexed look.


With only a smile Goku's appearance changed to that of the shadow creature from her dreams. Evil-Lyn was in complete shock and was at a complete loss for words.


" B ... but ... how?"


" I wish I could tell you, but one day this and everything you've gone and eventually will go through will make complete sense. " He said changing his appearance back into Goku.


Before she could say another word Goku disappeared leaving her completely alone. Deciding to lay back down Evil-Lyn contemplated everything that had happened so far.


< Evelyn, what have you gotten yourself into? ...>


<><><><>


" I don't believe it ... not even a scratch. "


Seih watched as the smoke from her attacks cleared away without even damaging Kakarotto in the least. She was shocked, but what else could she expect from her King.


" What a man ... " She said with a slight grin.


Kakarotto though wasn't in the smiling mood. He hadn't ordered Seih to Eternia, and her presence most likely meant trouble was about to come.


" Seih ... what are you doing here? And what is the meaning of attacking me? " He said in the calmest voice he could muster, even though inwardly he was steaming mad.


Seih only smiled and remained silent causing Kakarotto to grow even more upset.


" Perhaps you didn't hear me. Why are you here? " He said a little bit more forceful.


Seih continued to smile not giving any indication she had heard her master's question. Kakarotto 's patience was quickly coming to an end, and once again he demanded just short of yelling the reason she was there.


" I will give you ten seconds to tell me before I force the answer from you. You know how my persuasive methods are, so please save yourself the pain and talk. "


" Oh please, you would never intentionally hurt me. But if you want to play ruff, lets play ruff. "


With both her hands glowing. Seih fired multiple bolts of energy at her love, which he easily took with no damage.


" Woman are you mad?! " He said as his patience finally ran out.


" Only mad with love ... "


Seih's body began to glow a light yellow as dark clouds began to gather above her. She stuck both her hand's in front of her body and formed a ball half her size. Lightening began to strike the ball, seeming to add more power to it.


" Seih! Rethink what your about to do. I don't want to hurt you ... "


" Ha, you could never drive yourself to do that. "


" Seih! Stop this nonsense now! "


" Why? ... Don't you want the kiss I'm preparing for you? ... " She said seductively.


Kakarotto swore she must of gone mad. The attacks, her speech, it was all the actions of a crazy person. On Vimoche, the penalty for attacking the Emperor was death. Seih was sealing her fate, but yet she showed no sign of realizing this.


< Blasted woman why must she push my patience like this?! >


<<Well, she has learned from you. Can you blame her? >>


< Well, well, I was wondering when you would voice your opinion. Is this your handy work? >


<< No, this is all her. But you shouldn't be that upset. Look at that attack she's making, doesn't it remind you of the Genki Dama? >>( A/N:That's the Spirit Bomb for the cartoon network people :)


Kakarotto paid closer attention to Seih's attack and saw it was drawing power from everything around, even from Castle Grayskull.


< Yes, the attack is impressive. But the amount of power she's drawing is far too much to use on this world. The planet wouldn't survive a direct impact. >


<<She knows that. And she also knows that you will take the attack head on to spare the planet. Perhaps you trained her a little to well. >>Goku said with a chuckle.


< Perhaps ... but regardless, she better have a good reason for being here. And you better have a good reason to be meddling in my affairs. >


<<I think you mean our affairs? Remember what affects you affects me. >>


< So what does communicating with Evelyn have to do with us? >


<<Wait and see. Now before you tell me to spill it before you permanently eradicate me from your mind. Do you remember what the Lord Patamowos promised us?>>


< Yes ... >


<<Confusing and hectic as it may seem, this is the promise. What your doing is just not to help save this world, but also to fulfill our God's promise to us. >>


Kakarotto remained silent for a few seconds, contemplating what his alter ego had just said.


" My kiss is ready my love. Sorry to keep you waiting. "


Kakarotto looked up and saw the now gigantic ball heading for him.


< Blasted crazy woman, if I didn't love you, you would be dead right now. >


<><><><>


Evil-Lyn slowly opened her eyes as small pebbles and other sorts of small particles of wood and dirt hit her in the face. She slowly sat up as her head was spinning as the result of flying through the tree. She clutched her skull as it began to throb, and decided it was best if she laid back down.


< This hurts so bad ...>


She removed her hand from her head only to see it covered in blood. She sighed, and reasoned her skull might be fractured.


< Why is it that since Kakarotto has come into my life I've received more damage to my body then the years I've spent fighting by Skeletor's side. Wait, where is that bone headed freak? Hopefully he was impaled on something. >


She smiled at the thought, praying that it had come true. She truly hated him, even though at one time she had loved him when he was Keldor.


< For all I did for him, how could he treat me like ... li ... Oh my god, what is going on?!! >


A violent earthquake racked the area, followed by winds more intense then before. Evil-Lyn tried desperately to hold on to a small boulder, but in her weakened state along with the intensity of the winds, she found herself flying uncontrollably through the air once again.


< Not again! Why must this keep happening to me?! ...>


Evil-Lyn seeing she was heading straight for another tree, tried to use her magic to avoid it, but as soon as she tried, her head began to throb more severely, nearly causing her to pass out again.


" Someone ... please help me ... " She cried out as her vision started to blur slightly.


Evil-Lyn closed her eyes and prepared for the worse. She waited, and waited, and waited, but strangely nothing happened. Slowly opening her eyes, Evil-Lyn saw she was on the ground lying on a patch of grass.


" What happened ...-- "


As her vision cleared she saw Kakarotto's smiling form looking down at her.


" Are you okay? "


" Yes ... did you save me? "


" Yes, I heard your cry for help while Seih was attacking me? "


" Seih? Who is that? "


" Seih is … "


Kakarotto paused and considered if it was a good idea to tell her. For some reason he was getting a feeling something bad was going to happen.


" I am many things to him!! But the only thing you need to know is that I'm his and he's mine!! "


Evil-Lyn watched as a very beautiful woman landed about ten feet from where she laid. For some unknown reason she began to have feeling's of resentment towards her, resentment that was bordering on hate.


She noted the woman was almost her height, just an inch shorter. Her hair was long, unlike her own, going down to her waist and was a mixture of black with green stripes. Her body even though thin, Evil-Lyn could tell was in exceptional shape. She dawned a tight all black sleeveless full body suit, with a golden sash that went from her waist to about her ankles. The sash Evil-Lyn noted revealed most of the strange woman's left leg, a style that was similar to her own. Except for Seih's sash was far more beautiful. It's Zig-zag design was embedded with triangles of crocheted beads and trimmed with coins and jewels.


Seih began to slowly walk towards the pair. She clenched her fists as she saw her love next to the woman she considered lower then scum.


" So … Is this thing on the ground what you have become smitten over? " She asked with a look of disgust.


" What?! "


Evil-Lyn jumped up and tried to charge Seih, but Kakarotto quickly grabbed her by the shoulders preventing her from doing so.


" Don't restrain her, let the dog come. I will gladly teach her who is master and who is just an object, that is simply to be used and then thrown out like all trash. " Seih said smirking.


Kakarotto forced Evil-Lyn to sit back on the ground and warned her sternly not to move.


" No!! I won't stand to be insulted ... --"


The sudden exertion caused the throbbing in her head to get worse as she started to feel dizzy. Even though she wanted to rip Seih's throat out Evil-Lyn knew that in the condition she was in that would be impossible.


" Sit and be quiet! Let me handle this. "


" But ... -- "


" Look ... Your not a match for her. So please Evelyn, let me handle this. "


Evil-Lyn wanted to protest further but she knew in her heart Kakarotto was right. So she obeyed, and just sat as Kakarotto went and stood face to face with the strange woman. Evil-Lyn watched as they just stared at each other for minutes. With neither of them moving. The scene was starting to freak her out a little, with them both standing like statues. She was about to say something until the sound of footsteps stopped her.


< Oh great, the goody goodies are still alive. > She said sarcastically.


The Master's came running but quickly stopped as they saw Kakarotto and a strange woman standing together. He-Man looked at the two and assumed the woman was the person responsible for the blast that had blown them all away. He was about to interject himself into whatever was going on until he was stopped by the Sorceress.


" No He-Man, don't interfere! "


He-Man looked to his right to see the Sorceress still hanging from the same tree as before. Miraculously it had survived the explosion, and as he looked closer he saw why it did. The tree and the Sorceress were both enclosed in some sort of shield.


" I'm glad your safe Sorceress. That's one powerful shield you made to be able to protect yourself from the effects of that blast. " Replied He-Man.


" I didn't make this shield. It appeared the instant that ball hit Kakarotto. "


Upon hearing that, He-Man along with the rest of the Master's ran up to her but found they couldn't get through the shield. Swords, staffs, clubs, blasters, even He-Man's great strength couldn't break through it.


" Well, at least we know how it was able to survive the blast. But if you didn't make it then who did ... --"


Suddenly the tentacle that was holding the Sorceress disappeared causing her to drop harmlessly to the ground. The shield also disappeared, and the Masters were now able too go to her and see if she was hurt in any way. But as soon as they all got around the tree, the shield reappeared, trapping them all inside.


" Oh great, now what do we do? " Asked an exasperated Ram-Man.


Once again they tried to break through, but as before all their attempts were completely useless.


" Sorry Evelyn, time for you to go ... " Stated Kakarotto as he, with a simple gesture of his finger levitated Evil-Lyn and sent her in the direction of the Master's.


" Hey!, what are you doing?! " Asked a bewildered Evil-Lyn.


" Just making sure neither one of you makes a foolish mistake. " He replied never taking his attention off Seih.


Right before she hit the shield it opened partially letting her inside it's protective in-closure. Evil-Lyn was then set on the ground gently, with the Master's gazing at her with surprised looks.


" That was strange. I thought you two were partners or lover's or something ... -- " Ram-Man didn't get the chance to finish as Evil-Lyn knocked him on his rear end with a punch to the jaw.


" Keep your mouth shut you fat oaf! Or I'll ... -- Ahh!! " Evil-Lyn dropped to her knees, clutching her head, as it began to pound even worse then before.


All the Master's gave her worried look's especially when they noticed the blood coming from her skull.


" Why haven't you used your power to heal yourself? " Asked the Sorceress.


" Have you ever tried using your magic with a fractured skull? " She replied, while laying back down on the ground.


" I see ... "


Walking over to Evil-Lyn. The Sorceress extended both her hand's, so that her palms were facing Skeletor's second in command. A white light came from her hands surrounding Evil-Lyn. The Mistress of Evil was startled at first by the Sorceresses action's, but then she felt her head begin to stop throbbing. She put her hand to her skull and saw that the blood along with the wound were now gone.


" Why? ... " She asked genuinely confused.


" Because I don't think you fully understood what you were getting yourself into when you aligned yourself with a being like Kakarotto, am I right? "


" Yes, your right ... I assumed he was just a normal warrior. I never dreamed he possessed the type of power he does. "


" Good, I'm glad to see you understand. Because from now on all of us must work together to find a way to stop him. "


Evil-Lyn gave the Sorceress a look which asked if she was out of her mind.


" Why would I help you to stop him? I don't mind becoming his slave or anything else he desires if it ever came down to that. He is strong and I am weak, I will except my place with him no matter what it is. Plus, let's face it. Considering what happened so far, we wouldn't stand a chance. "


Evil-Lyn then stood so she was facing in the direction in which Kakarotto was with Seih.


" Besides, he doesn't want to rule Eternia, so don't let it worry you. " She said with a smile.


" How can you be sure about that? " Asked Man-At-Arms.


" Just trust me on this. The only person that has to worry is your champion over there. " Evil-Lyn gave a glance over at He-Man who sported an emotionless stare.


<><><><>


" I have another kiss for you ... " Seih said breaking the silence.


" Seih stop this, please ... "


" Why? ... Didn't you like my last kiss? "


Seih leaned forward and nestled her head into Kakarotto's chest. Kakarotto was a little taken aback by her actions, but didn't brush her away.


" For the longest time I could never figure you out. But now I see how to gain your attention. "


Before Kakarotto even had a chance to reply, Seih through a punch at him which he easily deflect with his right hand.


" You told me long ago, that you are from the supreme warrior race. All this time I thought you were just playing hard to get. It never dawned on me until a day or so ago that I was going about this the wrong way. "


Seih then started a flurry of punches and kicks, which Kakarotto easily dodged.


" A warrior needs a spouse they can battle along side and sometimes with. A regular woman will never do for them. " She said as she continued her attack.


" These years, did you train me to just be able to defend myself, or was it for more? Weren't you grooming me to become that perfect woman you crave? " She said stopping her attack and standing face to face with him again.


Kakarotto started to consider what Seih was saying. It was true that he trained her to be able to protect herself. But the second part of what she said he wasn't completely sure of.


" To be honest with you Seih I'm not sure. "


" Liar ... " She said connecting a right hook to his jaw.


" It is no lie Seih. Yes, I trained you so that what almost happened to you when we first met would never happen again. But the second part of your statement I'm genuinely not sure of. "


Seih removed her first as it had no effect what so ever.


" I forgot your body is harder then any metal. " She said rubbing her hand, trying to get some feeling back into it.


" But I still don't believe you. "


Seih then disappeared from everyone's site except for Kakarotto's. Using only his right hand he blocked every attempted punch and kick. Those trapped in his shield looked on at the scene baffled as to what was happening.


" What is he doing? He's just moving his hand from side to side. " Asked a bewildered Teela.


" He's blocking that woman's attacks. She's moving near the speed of light from what I can assess. That's why you can't see her. " Replied the Sorceress.


Everyone including Evil-Lyn looked shocked at what they just heard.


" Wait, how do you know that? Maybe she just made herself invisible. " Stated Evil-Lyn


" Through the years I've learned how to train my senses to detect certain thing's. One of them is seeing things moving at amazing speeds. I can't see her clearly, but it's clear enough that I can tell she's using speed and nothing else. "


" If that's the case then how come Kakarotto's hand is moving normally? If she truly was moving at that speed then wouldn't he have to himself to avoid her attacks? "


" That also amazes me. I truly don't have the answer to that. But I'm positive she's moving at near light speed. "


Evil-Lyn continued to look at the scene amazed. She now was glad Kakarotto had stopped her from attacking. She saw that her death would have been instant if she had gotten her way.


" Stop this now!! "


" And what will you do if I say no ... - "


Kakarotto was tired of playing games and decided to put an end to all of this. Grabbing Seih's arm, he twisted it behind her back, causing her to reappear in plain view of everyone.


" Now stop this! Go back to Vimoche, I promise we'll discuss everything later. "


" Discuss?! Do you mean like before? When I tried to speak to you all I got was, sorry Seih not now. "


" I was busy Seih ... "


" Busy .. Busy?!! With who, that giggling tramp?! " Seih turned towards Evil-Lyn and gave her a look filled with hatred. Evil-Lyn returned her look, and the tension between both women could be felt by everyone.


" Stop it Seih I told you nothing is going on! Stop this jealousy! Your acting like a child and not like the woman I fell … fell ... - " Kakarotto stopped himself right before he admitted his love.


" Say it! Why can't you admit it?! Why?! "


Tears began to flow as she spoke, shocking all.


" Seih … "


" You selfish cowardly bastard, why won't you just say it? Then we can finally be together! "


" Perhaps if you weren't so involved with your science then we might of already been together. Selfish, cowardly? No, you know very well I'm neither of those things. Do not let your emotions blind you to the fact that our not being together is squarely on your shoulders and no one else's. "


Seih was in complete shock at what she just heard. Never did she think it was because of her over indulgence in her work was the cause of all her pain.


" No … That can't be … "


" Yes Seih it is … but, this is not the time or place to be discussing this. I swear by our God who lives forever and is eternally blessed, that when I return we will talk and rectify our situation, okay? "


He then released the hold and spin her around so that they were facing each other again. His next move surprised himself and everyone watching. Leaning down, he cupped Seih's chin in his hand. Smiling at her tear stained face, he kissed her gently. Seih stood there shocked for a few seconds before returning the kiss.


Evil-Lyn's heart dropped as she saw watched the two. Even though Kakarotto wasn't her's, her heart ached as if he were.


< Calm down, he is not yours. No need to be jealous. >


She repeated this to herself a few more times hoping, praying it would sink in. But the pain was growing more and more the longer the kiss went on.


Seih though was just ecstatic. She had dreamed of this moment and finally it had come. Finally they would be together, finally her dreams would come true. But yet something gnawed at her heart, a feeling that something wasn't right.


Seih slowly broke away, but to Kakarotto's surprise she didn't have a smile on her face.


" I will leave and await your return. I'm sorry for acting so foolish, please forgive me. "


Kakarotto smiled and nodded, showing he excepted her apology.


" But ... When you return, do not bring that, that thing, or her blood will be on your hands. "


Before he could respond a gate similar to the one he arrived in appeared directly behind Seih. She turned, and was about to step through until she stopped and turned her body half way so she was facing in the direction of the Master's and Evil-Lyn.


" As you can see witch, my king and I are meant to be. Interfere, and I will use your blood to water my garden, and the rest of that dung heap you call a body for fertilizer. "


Evil-Lyn's eye's glowed purple with rage. She started to utter curses and other threats in response to Seih's statement.


" I see you're lively. I guess you have a lot of customers then. " Seih gave a chuckle then walked through the portal.


" Customers? … Why you …" Evil-Lyn realized what Seih was implying and started another barrage of curses as her new enemy disappeared.


All Kakarotto could do was sigh deeply and shake his head at the exchange between the two. The Master's were shocked along with other things at what happened, and weren't quite sure what to make of the whole situation.


Kakarotto lowered the shield surrounding the tree, setting everyone free. Evil-Lyn immediately ran over to him as the Master's stayed put.


" Please, not now! One over emotional woman is enough for today. "


" Who does that ... -- "


" I said not now! ... We'll talk about everything later . Right now I need to go back to what I was doing before being interrupted. "


He turned towards He-Man and began to walk towards him, leaving Evil-Lyn to take her anger out on a nearby tree stump. Which a few seconds later ended up a smoking pile of splinters.


" Sorry about the interruption. I'm sure you understand how emotional and foolish women can get at times. " He said directly at He-Man.


" But that's over with, and I believe we were leaving. "


Kakarotto extended his right hand as he walked ready to shoot another tentacle from it. The Master's in turn surrounded He-Man, ready to give their lives if necessary to defend their friend. But just as Kakarotto was about to cast them aside, he stopped, and looked to be contemplating something.


" You know what, you can have a little bit more time of freedom. Consider this a thank you gift for that witch of yours healing Evelyn. I suggest you use the time wisely and say goodbye to your friends and love ones. Because the next time you see me you won't see them for long, long time. "


With that Kakarotto walked back over to Evil-Lyn and took her by the hand. She blushed slightly but didn't refuse his touch.


" Come on, now we can have that talk. " He said with a smile.


He-Man watched as they both disappeared, leaving himself and the Master's completely alone. Teela walked up to him and slipped her hand once again into his.


" What will you do if he comes for you? " She said with a hint of fear.


" Quite honestly I'm not sure ... Sorceress do you have any ... -- "


He-Man stopped as he noticed she was gone. He sighed, figuring she had went back to Grayskull. It was then decided by all that they should leave and recover from the days events. Skeletor appeared to be no where in sight so their presence there was not needed.


As she watched them leave the Sorceress could only look on her champion with pity and great sorrow. She knew there was nothing that could be done to help him, not even with the wisdom of the elders at her disposal.


< I'm so sorry Adam, I never meant for anything like this to happen to you when I chose you to be Eternia's champion. I'm so sorry ...> She thought as a single tear ran down her cheek.


<><><><>


Just when Adam thought his day couldn't get any worse, it did. He was now sitting by his fathers medical bed, trying to comfort his crying mother the best he could.


" I'm sorry your majesties, but since it's so late, I think it's best you leave so the nurses can attend to him further. " Stated Man-At-Arms.


" Sure Duncan. " Responded a dejected Adam


Helping his weak kneed mother to stand. Adam led her out of the Palace infirmary, walking her back to her and his father's room.


" Adam wait! " Yelled Man-At-Arms as he came running behind the pair.


" Yes Duncan what is it? "


" Let me take the Queen back to her room. It's been a long day for all of us and especially for you … Try and get some rest. Tomorrow we'll see how the King is recovering and make our next move from there. "


Adam nodded, then kissed his mother on the forehead, wishing her a restful sleep. The young Prince sighed as he watched Duncan and his mother walk down the hall and out of sight.


< This has to be the worse day of my life. Even in my worse nightmares I couldn't imagine a day going so bad. >


Adam then recalled how after leaving the Master's at Grayskull, as He-Man. He met up with them again as Prince Adam when they were half way to the palace. They started to tell him about all the day's event's, and just as they all arrived back at the palace a guard met them immediately at the gate informing them the King had been attacked. Rushing immediately to the infirmary Adam's heart nearly stopped as he saw his father hooked up to a life support machine. He asked what happened but no one was completely sure. All they knew, an explosion was heard coming from his fathers study. When the guards arrived at the scene, they saw him lying unconscious on the floor with an apple sized bruise in the middle of his chest.


" Adam ... "


Adam looked up at the sound of Teela's voice as she stood at the entrance too one of the terraces he was heading for. Slowing walking up to him, she tried to embraced him but he stuck his hand out stopping her from doing so.



" I know you mean well Teela, but I really need to be alone right now. "



At first she was in complete shock that he would reject her affection. But it dawned on her that he just needed a little time to absorb what happened to his father.



" Okay ... "



She began to walk away until he asked her to stop.



" I'll come see you in a few minutes okay? There's something I want to talk to you about, something I should of told you a long time ago but was to afraid too. But after today I think you deserve to know … "



" Okay … There's something I want to talk too you about also. "



" Sure … " He said giving her a weak smile.



Adam walked out into the Terrace after saying his goodbye's to Teela. The terrace was a small plain looking area, but he liked to go there at times to think about stuff and just get away from life. He stared up at the stars, hoping, praying this was all just a bad dream, and that he would wake up at any moment.



" Sorry boy, this is all real. "



Adam's heart was gripped with fear as he saw Kakarotto suddenly appear floating a couple inches away from the terrace.



" Don't be so shocked. Didn't I say I would be back for you? " He said with a chuckle. " And please don't even try and say you don't know what I'm talking about. No matter how you may disguise yourself, I will always find you He-Man. "



Adam broke out of his shock and drew his sword on the Saiya-jin warrior. Only though to have it snatched out of his hands before he could blink. He tried to run back into the hall but Kakarotto grabbed him by the back of his collar keeping him from going anywhere.



" Let me go!! " He said trying to pull himself free.



" Now why would I do that? I won our fight fairly and by the terms of the agreement you are my slave for three years. "



" No!! I can't leave, not now, not ever!! "



Adam leaped up slightly so that his feet were pressed against the wall. Using it for support he tried to do a backward somersault, in an attempt to knee Kakarotto on his head. Kakarotto easily read the move and sidestepped out of the way. Adam landed on the top of the terrace railing and tried to leap down to the courtyard below seeing that Kakarotto had released him. But the move didn't work as he felt his leg being grabbed and his body being pulled back up.



" Where do you think your going? There's no where you can go that I can't find you. "



" Let me go you bastard, I said I will never go with you!! "



Adam tried to flip himself upright, seeing that he was hanging upside down. But stopped as Kakarotto stuck a glowing hand in his face.



" Good to see that got your attention. Now lets get going. " He said giving Adam a mischievous smile.



" No! ... I ... I know we made a deal and I lost fairly. But I can't leave this world unprotected. Without me Skeletor will ravage Eternia. Please can't I pay my debt another way? "



" No … "



" Please … I let my pride get in the way of common sense when we last fought. A foolish boy made a mistake. Please, don't let this world suffer because of my foolishness. "



" Your right, a world shouldn't have to suffer because of one man's folly. "



With his free hand Kakarotto picked up the Sword of Power which was leaning against the railing. Placing the blade between two of his fingers he snapped the sword in two.



" No!!! "



" Calm down, now you won't have the burden of protecting this world anymore, well at least for now. But don't worry, while your gone this world will be protected. Crimson guard show yourself. "



Before Adam's eye's two bright red figures appeared standing behind Kakarotto. Each were the same height, maybe seven feet tall he figured. Next he noted they were both naked, with no indication of whether they were male or female, as they sported no genitalia. Adam also noted that they had no hair, ear's or mouth's, just a nose and red eye's.



" Crimson one, you stand guard here and protect this castle until I say otherwise. Number two you go to the castle at the coordinates I gave you earlier. Nothing is to happen to either place, understand?! "



" Yes sire! " They said before disappearing.



" Don't worry, the two cyborgs will protect your home and Grayskull until you return. Well, that's if you survive. "



" No!! ... "



Was the last thing Adam said before Kakarotto teleported them both away from the palace, and to his destiny.



<><><><><><><><> ;



A/N: Well, that's 7c :) As I said in the previous chapter, the story will make a scenery change for a couple chapters. Well, I hope you guy's and gals enjoyed the story :)) Let me know whether you did or not.



Oh, here's a piece of info about Goku's favorite attack a lot of you should find interesting.



King Kamehameha I, also known as Kamehameha the Great, was the head of a dynasty (a succession of rulers from the same family) that ruled the Hawaiian islands for more than a century. Legend has it that he was born at the time of the appearance of Halley's comet and that this was a sign that he would rise to greatness. The name Kamehameha (pronounced kuh-may-ha-may-ha) means "the one set apart."


http://www.americaslibrary.gov/cgi-bin/page.cgi/aa/kamehameh