Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Price Of Power ❯ Chapter: 10 ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Price Of Power


" rrrr " Speech

< rrrr > Thoughts

<< rrrr >> Inward voice

<> rrrr <> Telepathy


A/N: I just want to clarify something. I, in no way, am trying to demean certain characters. Whether their from Dragonball or Master's of the Universe. Some may disagree, but wait till everything is written then tell me if I was being demeaning or truthful in how I thought characters would fair against each other.


Anyway, enjoy the chapter! ^_^


Chapter: Ten


<><><><><><><><>


The Vimochian Empire's most brilliant scientific mind, sat in the darkness of her lab alone, contemplating a serious dilemma which not only effected her life but also someone she held most dear. Her most trusted friend, committed a crime of the utmost seriousness and could possibly face death if discovered.


Fitelh Vi'Segheq, former Lathuchian Princess, best friend and kinswoman to Seih. Had used the Dimensional Gate without permission and ventured to Eternia, which Kakarotto had made a restricted area after Seih's visit.


< What was that stupid girl thinking?! ... >


Seih had caught Fitelh just as she came out of the gate dressed in a stealth suite. Fitelh had greatly miscalculated the time it would of taken for Seih to come back to her lab after taking a short break to run errands in the small town adjacent to the castle. And when mistook for a thief, was forced to tell who she was or face instant death as Seih quickly subdued her. Seih was shocked to say the least, when she found out it was her cousin that had used the Dimensional Gate, and quickly interrogated her, finding out all she did while in Eternia.


< Stupid, stupid, stupid!!! >


Seih was greatly concerned about the reason why Fitelh went and what she did while there. From what she could gather, Fitelh had given the girl Teela a neo enhancer, a nano-tech drug meant for the severely wounded or for people on death's door. The drug served to put the user in a state of altered consciousness. Making them forget all pain or worries of any kind.


< That drug is not meant for a normal healthy person. That girl could become an addict and possibly die if she continues to ... -- >


Seih was broken away from her thoughts as the door to her lab slid open, revealing Fitelh, who stood there for a few seconds before casually walking in. Seih just looked at her without saying a word. Fitelh could tell she was still mad at her and approached her cautiously, knowing how she could get once aggravated.


" Did you tell him?! " Seih said quite bluntly, causing Fitelh to recoil slightly.


" Yes ... " She said with a heavy sigh.


" He's not pleased with me, but is willing to help incase his Highness find's out what I did ... " She said quite solemnly, as she took a seat next to her friend.


" You better hope and pray that myself and Daz's love for you is strong enough to stand up to Kakarotto's anger, because it will certainly mean your death if it isn't ...-- "


" But why should it Seih?! What did I do that was so wrong?! "


Seih just stared at her cousin in disbelief. She couldn't believe Fitelh couldn't see her actions were wrong and could cost an innocent person their life.


" All I was trying to do was help my best friend and only living family member to be happy ... Why should I fear death because of that? "


" I know what you did you did thinking it would make me happy. But ... -- "


" But what?! The only thing that stands in the way of you and Kakarotto is that woman. Once she is gone then nothing will be left that could interfere in the coming together of you two. "


Seih remained quiet, thinking over what was said. In the depths of her heart, she secretly toyed with the idea of getting rid of Evil-Lyn even at the expense of Teela's life. A part of her was willing to have Kakarotto at any price, whether someone died in the process or not. But the sensible part of her, knew it was wrong to think such thoughts, and she desperately tried to expel such an evil idea from her.


" Why are you so against what I did?! On Lathuche, this wouldn't of even been an after thought … -- "


" That's your problem Fitelh, you are not on Lathuche anymore! Things don't work the same on this planet like they did there. You … -- "


Seih stopped herself as she saw the look of hurt on Fitelh's face. The young Princess still bore the pain of losing her entire race. An event that was seared into her mind and regularly plagued her through very vivid and horrific dreams.


" I'm sorry … I know how much pain you still bare about that whole event. I should of watched my tongue. " She said with a hint of sorrow in her voice.


Fitelh said nothing, only a single tear ran down her dark blue colored cheek as the memories of that horrific day came flooding back.


" You know Seih, at times I don't know why you even love that monster, after what he did to Lathuche and our people." She said with eyes admixed with pain and hatred.


Seih though didn't respond aggressively nor did she raise her voice in the least. She simply smiled and put her arm around Fitelh's shoulder. To which her cousin responded by leaning into her embrace and nestling her head onto her lap. Seih began to stroke Fitelh's midnight black hair, a tactic when they were children of ten served to calm her down. And now fifteen year's later, the tactic still worked as the Lathuchian Princess's hurt began to fade away.


" The universe sees him as a cruel, evil dictator, that love's nothing but power and blood. In many respect's, like how the Lathuchian empire was perceived. But, unlike Lathuche, who actually deserved that title, and to whom your father brought to ruin. Kak … -- "


" Do not let your love blind you and cause hypocrisy to flow from your lips. That monster rampaged through the universe like a fire sword through a mound snow. I've heard the stories. Even Daz himself told me about the total devastation himself, Jenna, and your love caused. I won't deny the evil of Lathuche. But how possibly can you sit there and tell me he's somehow different then them? "


Seih smiled to herself and continued to gently stroke Fitelh's hair. She had to admit, her words had truth to them and didn't deny to herself any of Fitelh's claims.


" The difference between myself, the rest of the universe, and even you. Is that I have and continue to see a different side of him. A side that cares for the welfare of his people, a side that can take time to talk to a small child that came up to him while we were walking through a village market. A side that desires love … "


" Are you sure he can actually love? I don't see how someone like him could achieve such an emotion. Maybe it's just your imagination. "


" No … My feeling's are not in anyway made up or false. I will not deny any of what you said before concerning his acts. What he did over the years to gain power is well known to everyone. But, I know in my heart he's not the monster you think he is.


" And if your wrong, it could mean your life … "


" Trust me, I'm not … " Responded Seih, as her God's words replayed in her thoughts.


" Okay … If you're sure. I won't try to change your mind about him any further. Well, that is until he hurts you, like I believe he will. Then maybe you will see the truth … But, something you said disturbed me. What did you mean by, " and to whom your father brought to ruin? "


" I meant exactly what I said. He caused the destruction of Lathache. "


" That's not true Seih, my father had nothing to do with the planet's destruction. It was all the work of that monster you want to someday call your husband. "


" Fitelh, your father, in an attempt to gain more power tried to sell you to Kakarotto in exchange for a political alliance. When he refused to take you, it was then your father tried to implement his backup plan … -- "


" No! That's not true! The marriage was meant as a peace offering to try and unite both worlds. But that monster, shunned me, and chose instead to do something even the worst of Lathuchian's would not do, and extinct an entire race! "


" Really … " Seih replied with a heavy sigh.


Reaching into the breast pocket of her lab coat, Seih pulled out a small floppy disk like object. She held it flat in her free hand and after a view seconds an holographic image of Fitelh's brother appeared.


" Larek?! … "


For the next few minutes, Fitelh watched as her brother laid out their fathers plan for eradicating Kakarotto and all life on Vimoche. The young Princess just laid on Seih's lap speechless, too shocked to comment.


" Larek sent me this recording, right before Kakarotto landed on Lathuche. He didn't necessarily agree with your father's tactics and wanted me to warn his highness about the plot. "


" Did you? " Asked a now somber Fitelh.


" No … Somehow, all communication was lost as his ship entered the planet's atmosphere. I tried desperately to reach him, but communication didn't open back up until four hours later, just before Lathuche was destroyed ... "


" I see ... " She said raising herself up from Seih's lap.


" Kakarotto admitted to me some time ago that he over reacted in destroying the planet. Seeing Jenna die was to much for him and he went insane ... I don't know if you will believe my next statement, but he is sorry for what he did. "


" Sorry won't bring any of them back ... " Responded Fitelh.


" True, but neither will sorry do if that girl gets hurt or even dies because of what you've done. Your acting no better then he did that day. Whether it's a billion or one life. The destruction of an innocent's life is wrong, no matter what the reason. "


" Didn't you threaten to kill that woman I asked the girl to kill? So how can you sit there and tell me destroying someone's life is wrong when you were / are prepared to do it yourself? " Fitelh snapped back.


" I said innocent ... She is far from being that. But, I'm not going to kill her even if he does bring her back with him. I will win him fairly, and show that no matter what she tries, she will always be nothing but a second rate whore. "


" But what if he chooses ... -- "


" He won't … " Interrupted Seih, as her temper was quickly rising at the mention of Evil-Lyn and Kakarotto together.


" Seih … There's obviously some sort of attraction between the two. Something, she possesses he obviously wants or craves … You must see … -- "


" I SAID HE WON'T!!! " Seih screamed as her aura began to flare up, lighting up the darkened room like the sun itself was in it. The lab began to shake along with all the equipment. Cracks were beginning to form along the walls and floor as she kept powering up.


Fitelh had been blown clear across the room the moment Seih's anger began to blaze. Though once regaining her bearings, she picked herself off the floor and immediately ran towards the lab entrance, as it seemed her cousin had lost complete control of her temper.


" No! No ... You don't have to worry, I'm not going to lose control ... " She said as the yellow aura disappeared and all quieted back down.


Fitelh eyed her cautiously, but became less fearful as the look of death faded from Seih's face.


" Sorry for the outburst, I didn't mean to scare you. But it's best to get off this subject for now. Thinking of that creature with my love is something I rather not do ... " She said with fist's clenched.


Fitelh nodded and slowly made her way back to where she formally sat.


" So what will we do about the girl Teela? Detoxification takes a full week. How can we keep her gone that long without someone from her world or more importantly Kakarotto finding out? "


Seih had a solemn look as her cousin sat back down. In truth she had been trying to figure out that very thing ever since Fitelh told her what happened. But so far she had drawn up nothing but blanks. And the longer it took for an answer to come, the more the anxiety grew as to the fate of the third most important person in her life.


<><><><>


Kakarotto eyed his fellow Saiya-jin's with a look that exuded supreme confidence. The remaining Z fighters inwardly felt a twinge of fear as they faced of against the man that nearly destroyed them five years earlier.


" So what new tricks have you all prepared for me? Hopefully there better then what the others tried. " He said with a chuckle.


" Father what has happened to you, why are you doing this?! " Asked Kakarotto's oldest son Gohan, as he still was in disbelief that once again he had to fight his own father.


" Why... Why? ... " Kakarotto replied as he seemed to be in deep thought.


" You know Gohan, that's an excellent question ... " He responded with a devious smile.


In an instant, Kakarotto appeared directly in front of Gohan and kneed him in the stomach, causing the half Saiya-jin to double over in pain.


" Why else would I be doing this? Unless for fun my son ... " He said, whispering into Gohan's ear.


Removing his knee from his son's stomach, Kakarotto watched as Gohan dropped to one knee clutching his ailing midsection. The remaining fighters were left completely shocked. Not so much that their comrade was toppled by one blow, but more so the speed at which Kakarotto had moved. None of them had seen a thing until it was too late.


" Do yourselves a favor and fight me with everything you have. Otherwise this will be a waste of time. " Kakarotto stated arrogantly.


As if his words were a cue, both Vegita and Trunks began a flurry of attacks. For the next few minutes, the three were engaged in a fast and furious battle. The father and son combo seemed intent on killing their former friend as their strikes were aimed at every vital part of his body.


Kakarotto though mainly focused on defense, blocking more shot's then he threw. He was very interested in what they had planned for him, considering no one had yet to go Super Saiya-jin.


<<Please, stop this ... Don't do this to them. Let's just return to Eternia and let Adam handle his business there. >>Pleaded Goku.


< Leave? I thought you wanted to see them ... > Kakarotto responded with a snicker.


<< Just stop!! Enough with your games!! >>


< Okay, no problem... >


And so, Kakarotto did just as Goku had asked and ended the small skirmish. Appearing behind Trunks and Vegita after dodging a double punch attack. He elbowed them in the back of their necks sending both flying hard to the ground, causing them to skid, leaving deep grooves, until they final came to a stop at the other end of the Lookout.


< See, it's over, just like you wanted. >


Kakarotto slowly began to walk towards his fallen victim's. A devious smiled crossed his lip's as saw them struggling to stand.


<<Good, now let's get ...-- >>


< Last time I checked this is my body, and I have total say in whether I go somewhere or not. No second rate alter ego should be giving instruction's like they actually have a say in what's going on. > Kakarotto stated with a bit of contempt.


<< I may be second rate, but if it weren't for me you wouldn't be wielding the power you have. If you didn't bump your head as a child and become trapped within your own mind, then nothing you see here would be. >> Goku snapped back.


< True, the earth would of been destroyed back then. And all the training and battles you went through wouldn't of happened most likely. >


<< Right, none of them would have happened. Frieza, Cell, Majin Buu, nothing! So considering that. I think you owe me more respect then just thinking of me as merely a different side of you, which you … -- >>


< Will you just shut up! You can be worse then a woman at times! Let me say this to you just one more time. Obviously you just can't seem to get this through that thick skull of yours. I, meaning me, and only me, am in control of this body and will make ALL decision's concerning it. The only reason I keep you around is because you do give some good advice from time to time. But never forget, I call the shot's and will eradicate you from within me without a second thought. Now is that clear?! >


<< Humph, get rid of me and you will only be crippling yourself. You know I do more then just give advice. I help you to keep the madness under control. Or have you forgotten? Without me the power you keep locked away would consume you and cause the destruction of everything we hold dear … >>


< You exaggerate both your need and the result if I ever lose control of my power ... -- >


<< Are you sure about that? If you truly believed that then you would of destroyed me long ago, so I wouldn't pose a threat to imprison you again. What I think, no, what I know, and frankly hate to admit. But WE are one being. We need each other Kakarotto ... It's similar to how Piccolo split himself into two separate beings, but in the end both needed one another to survive. >> Son Goku stated solemnly.


< Your telling me things I already know. I never said you weren't of use to me. It's just you believe you are in charge when your clearly not. You need to understand your place Son Goku …>


<<I know my place, I just don't like being treated like I'm inferior. >>


At that statement Kakarotto gave a small chuckle as he stopped in front of Vegita and pointed a glowing hand in his face.


< I just state the fact's my friend ... > He replied with a small chuckle.


<><><><>


Goten was about to intervene as he saw his father walking over to where Vegita and Trunks lay, but was restrained as his older brother grabbed him by the wrist.


" No Goten ... don't interfere ... " Stated Gohan as he tried unsuccessfully to stand up.


" I have to Gohan, if I don't then father will kill Trunks and Vegita. "


" N-No ... he won't ... " Responded Gohan barely over a whisper. Kakarotto's blow had affected him much more then he thought as he was struggling to remain conscious.


Goten looked at his only brother with worry given his present state. He bent down, slowly trying to help him to his feet. But, the young warrior became even more concerned as Gohan seemed he would drop to the floor at any moment if he weren't being held up.


" Father is not like he was before ... h-he doesn't want to kill us ... "


" How do you know that? " Goten asked completely bewildered. As far as he knew his father was the same crazed person who tried to kill them years earlier.


" No one is dead … Even Piccolo is still alive … The power father now has makes the level he fought Kid Buu at seem like nothing. He could of easily killed us all by now … "


" How do you know his power has grown by that much? He's stronger then before but it doesn't seem that much greater then ours if we were to go all out and go Super Saiya-jin. Instead of sticking to this so called plan you all proposed. " He said with a hint of anger.


" My Ki sensing ability is far more developed then yours. Even though it was only a single knee. I felt the horrible power he has deep within him. Horrible, horrible power Goten. " Gohan responded, while completely ignoring the second part of Goten's statement.


Now the young Saiya-jin became even more frightened then before. His brother's Ki sensing was only bested by Piccolo and Vegita's. So Goten knew the chances of him being wrong were very slim.


" So why then is he toying with us instead of finishing us off? "


" I … I don't know … " Gohan responded right before passing out.


" Gohan? ... Gohan?! "


Goten tried to gently shake his brother awake but soon realized he had fallen victim to the same fate as all the others. He then gently laid his brother on the white tiled ground, and then turned back to face his father only to witness Trunks also being knocked unconscious as he tried to unsuccessfully save Vegita, and was caught by an uppercut like attack by Kakarotto's tail.


In spite of his best friends fate, Goten didn't intervene, but only watched as his brother had instructed. But inside the young Saiya-jin was being torn apart by his warrior half, which was screaming out for him to act.


< This is so pathetic! Even if I were to lose, at least I would have the dignity of a true warrior and fight him with everything I have. Instead of relying on this cowardly plan to take him unawares by the Elder Supreme Kai! >


<><><><>


" Stand Prince and face me. The blow I gave you wasn't that hard. " Kakarotto stated arrogantly.


" Shut up!! " Vegita yelled back, as he like Gohan, struggled to his feet.


"Get up, and stop this! I know you better then to believe you were actually hurt by my attack. Or are you saying that your son is stronger then the mighty prince of all Saiya-jin's? "


Vegita smiled, and then rose effortlessly. Kakarotto smiled in return and extinguished the smoking ball of energy. The last two pureblooded Saiya-jin's stared each other down, with neither moving an inch.


" Well shall we get this started, I don't have all day. " Kakarotto said with a smirk.


" Sure, it's your funeral Kakarotto. " Responded Vegita as he charged his rival.


" Hold it! " Yelled Kakarotto.


Vegita stopped, but eyed Kakarotto wearily, wondering what was so important that he didn't want to continue the fight.


" Not here Vegita. I have a place in mind that will better suite us. "


Floating up into the air, and then flying down to the earth below. Kakarotto motioned for everyone to follow him. After about a minute of flying, Kakarotto found a spot he liked and touched down waiting for the rest to arrive. A few seconds later, Goten, Vegita, Adam, and Nimbus followed suite.


The area was a barren, almost desert like wasteland, which seemed to stretch for miles. A perfect fighting spot for those not wanting anything or anyone to interrupt them.


" The Earth shall be our arena. But don't worry; I've taken precautions to ensure it won't be destroyed by our battle. When I lit the planet up with my power. It wasn't only to get your attention. I also infused some of my power into the planet as a whole, making it similar in sturdiness to the Kia's home world. "


" So in other words it's nearly indestructible ? " Responded Vegita.


" Right ... "


" Good, as always your well prepared Kakarotto ... "


Like before, Vegita charged Kakarotto, but this time at a much greater speed. The Saiya-jin ruler was taken by surprise at his long time rival's show of speed and was caught with a right to the jaw. In an instant Vegita followed up his attack with a punch to the gut and an uppercut to the chin, which sent Kakarotto flying up into the sky.


" I won't be so easy to conquer, aye Kakarotto! " Vegita stated as he flew up to intercept him.


Vegita reared back his fist and tried to deliver a shot to Kakarotto's back, but the younger of the two warriors disappeared leaving the Saiya-jin Prince hitting only air.


" Impossible ... " Vegita uttered as he tried unsuccessfully to locate his opponent's location.


< Nothing... There isn't a trace of his power for me to detect. >


" I know your here Kakarotto! Show ... -- "


Laughter seeming to come from all around him stopped Vegita in mid sentence. He looked around frantically trying to pinpoint the source of the laughter.


" We shall see how you fair Prince. " Kakarotto stated right before reappearing and kneeing Vegita in his lower back.


<><><><>


" Who are you?! " Asked Goten, as he came walking up to Adam and Nimbus.


" I am Adam, Prince of Eternia, I am honored to meet you Goten. " He said with a slight bow, nervous given the stone face the Saiya-jin half-breed sported.


" How do you know who I am? "


" Your father talked a lot about you and the other's while he trained me in that place you call the Room of Spirit and Time. " Adam said with a smile.


" Really ... What did he tell you about us? " Goten said with a more placid expression.


" He mainly talked about how precious you and everyone else are to him. Also that your unmatched warriors and the best friends a person could have. "


Goten was completely shocked. Adam's worlds were of the person he remembered before that fateful day his father went insane. And not of the madman that was picking of the universe's mightiest warriors like flies.


" How did you two meet? You have the scent of an earthling but yet not completely. " Goten stated quite bluntly.


" Well ... "


For the next couple of minutes Adam explained about Eternia, Skeletor, his first encounter with Kakarotto and all the events that happened afterwards.


" And you still believed him after what he did to you? " The young Saiya-Jin asked skeptically.


" Yeah, at first I hated to even look at him, but after a of couple months he didn't seem like that bad of a guy. Especially when he started telling me about all of you and his love he has for everyone here. "


Goten signed and then sat Indian style on the ground. The day's events left him dazed and utterly confused. After his brothers and now Adam's statements he gave up trying to understand what was going on, but prayed instead that whatever it is, would end soon so his life could take on some normalcy.


" Are you okay? " Adam asked with a bit of concern.


" Yeah, it's just that ...-- "


Goten stopped upon seeing Vegita come crashing down to the ground causing a huge crater to form. The Saiya-Jin Prince didn't stay down long; as Kakarotto was on him in a second, ready to delivery another blow.


Vegita sprung from the crater in an instant, just avoiding Kakarotto's punch. After doing a series of back-flips, he leapt into the sky firing hundreds of fist sized energy balls. Kakarotto immediately erected a shield, causing the small balls to bounce off and head back towards Vegita.


" Come now Vegita, I'm disappointed, surely you can do better? "


Vegita said nothing. Not wanting to get involved in a war of words. Instead he extended his hand, to stop his own attack from hitting him, but found they kept on coming.


" What the?! "


Vegita quickly darted to the ground just barely dodging the streaking balls. But he wasn't out of trouble yet as the Ki balls turned and started heading towards him.


" Ki domination Vegita, you should be familiar with the technique. " Kakarotto said with a smile.


" Curse you Kakarotto! " Vegita responded with his own smirk.


Raising his gloved right hand, Vegita fired an invisible wave of energy into the incoming mass, causing them to detonate in a brilliant looking explosion, which illuminated the clear afternoon sky. A cloud of thick black smoke spanned across the sky for miles as both combatants continued to stare each other down looking for the slightest opening to attack.


" Our little skirmish has been fun my friend, but as I said earlier, I don't have all day here. And especially when you and the other's didn't take this seriously. Time for this little game to end. " Stated Kakarotto.


" Humph, we shall see you ... -- "


Before Vegita knew what was happening Kakarotto closed the gap between them in an instant and kneed him directly in the mouth. Vegita head snapped violently back, giving the impression his neck might of been broken. But he quickly rebounded, and charged his attacker.


Kakarotto dodged various punch and kick combinations easily as Vegita was unable to hit him. With one well-placed elbow to the back of the neck he ended the fight as Vegita fell face first to the ground. He then stared at his fallen adversary with a slight smile.


" You fought well, but yet with fear. Fear is something you never had before Vegita. So scared that you couldn't even face me at full power because you feared I would kill you in the savagery of a Super Saiya-jin fight. So you and the other's opted to go the lesser route, hoping my anger and ferocity wouldn't be as tremendous like it was before when I left the first time. Granted not a bad plan, but still a cowardly one considering who all of you are suppose to be. And to think, I actually told my new student how fearless you all were. "


Walking over to where Goten and Adam stood. Kakarotto stood face to face with his son, whom unlike the rest didn't seem to be exhibiting any fear.


" Why aren't you scared like the rest my son? "


" No need to be father … Gohan was right about you, your not like you were before. "


" Are you sure? " Kakarotto asked with a smirk.


" Yes, completely … But, I do have a question. What happened? .... "


Kakarotto knew instantly what his son was referring to, and sighed heavily, knowing that it was time to come clean about the event's that lead up to him regaining control of his body.


" I'm not exactly your father Goten. The Son Goku personality is no longer in control of this body. "


" Son Goku personality? What are you saying? If your not my father then who ... --"


" Think back to what your father said when he started acting strange. "


Goten immediately knew what Kakarotto meant, as the events of those days were permanently etched into his memory.


" You told me to leave, because you couldn't keep him at bay any longer ... W-Wait, so your saying you're the person my father was talking about? "


" Yes, your father told you the story of when he was a child, he hit his head and was nearly killed. You see, I was that person that hit his head. Your father only came about as a result of that blow. "


" But ... -- "


" In other words, your father was nothing more then an alter ego Goten. "


<< Hey! >>


< Shut up! >


The young Saiya-jin stood there shocked, hoping, praying that what his father said was not true and he was merely joking. But in his heart, Goten had the horrible feeling Kakarotto was right.


" The event which started it all was the arrival of your uncle Raditz. When he came and tried to reawaken my Saiya-jin instincts I began to stir, but still remained asleep. The next event was the battle with Frieza and my first ascension to Super Saiya-jin. That was a glorious day indeed, as the legendary Super Saiya-jin was reborn. But still, I only opened my eyes, but didn't fully awaken as I was still in a haze. Cell, Majin Buu, both merely nudged me into being more coherent. But, the incident that awoke me fully was of all things, the death of your mother. "


" Mother's death? ... " Asked the young warrior.


" Yes, your mother's death. She was a nag, but I loved her in spite of it. Having her die, weakened Son Goku's mental wall he put up to keep me locked away. And allowed me to fully awaken from my long slumber and take back what was mine. "


" Wait, how could you of loved her and known about everything, when you said yourself you weren't even completely coherent? "


" I saw everything Son Goku did as if it were a dream. A dream that I couldn't awaken from. " Kakarotto stated with a bit of sadness.


" This all makes no sense! I finally thought I might be getting my Father back and now you say he no longer exists! "


" No, he exists. I just said he is no longer in control of this body. He misses all of you. You should of heard him complain when I fought the others. " Kakarotto said with a chuckle.


" But I know this must be hard for you to grasp. So, I will leave you to your thoughts and let you gather yourself. Come Adam let us make our exit. "


" Yes Teacher. It was nice meeting you Goten. It was truly my honor to meet the son of Kakarotto. I hope our paths will meet again. " He stated with a bow.


" Yeah ... " Goten responded half heartily.


Kakarotto then contacted Seih through his scouter, and ordered her to reopen a portal back to Vimoche. Ten seconds later, she followed through on his command as one opened directly behind him.


" When the rest wake up, tell them to use Shenlong to find me. But if they do, make sure to tell them the word fear better not be in their vocabulary if they value their lives. I won't be so easy on them if they fight me in the same fearful manner. "


" Sure ... " Goten said emotionless, obviously emotionally troubled by the days events.


" Don't worry about it Goten, you'll understand soon enough. When Piccolo awakes, ask him to explain it to you, considering he went through a similar thing.


With that said, Kakarotto and Adam turned and walked through the dimensional gate, leaving Goten alone and greatly confused.


<><><><>


Adam dropped to his knees, then buried his face into the soft Eternian grass. He began to silently cry, as raindrops from a passing storm drenched his entire body. Kakarotto, blocking the rain with an invisible shield, could only shake his head and smile as he saw his latest student's reaction to returning to his world.


" Finally ... -- " Adam began to state but couldn't continue as he was too overcome with emotion.


The scene went on for another ten minutes before the young Prince raised himself off the ground and turned towards his teacher with a smile.


" It's time we part. You have a planet to release from the grips of evil, and I have some unfinished business I need to attend to. "


" Shouldn't you say a person you need to attend to? " Adam asked with a smirk.


" Watch your mouth boy. " Kakarotto stated with a chuckle at his student's statement.


" Actually you should be the one to watch themselves. Evil-Lyn isn't the most trust worthy person. "


" You're beginning to sound like Seih. Just because I choose to help someone escape a life of misery and pain doesn't mean I want to marry her or make the woman my lover. "


" Just be careful, okay? … "


" Sure … " Replied Kakarotto.


" Thank you ... Thank you for everything master! ... " Adam then shocked his teacher by suddenly embracing him.


Kakarotto stood there motionless, not reciprocating Adam's embrace. A flashback to twelve years prior. When Gohan did the same thing right before he left to go fight Majin Buu entered his mind and he noted how the two events seemed eerily similar. Both his eldest son and his young protégé wanted to touch him one last time since they knew it would possibly be the last time they would get to see him.


The embrace went on for about a minute before Kakarotto patted Adam on the back indicting to the Young Prince he appreciated the sentiment.


" It's time you go Adam. " Stated Kakarotto as Adam released the embrace.


" Do well, and remember your training and everything you learned while on Earth. Make me proud boy ... " Kakarotto stated as he slowly floated into the storming sky.


Adam watched silently as his mentor teleported away. He let out a small smile, truly glad that Kakarotto had taken and trained him. Turning directly around, the young Prince smiled again, this time at the site of the royal palace. It was a good two miles away from his present location and his heart nearly leapt out of his chest at seeing it.


< It has never looked so beautiful … Great Patamowos, how I have missed it? >


Adam then floated high into the storming night sky and slowly began to fly towards his home. After about a minute he reached his destination. He plopped himself in front of the palace gate startling the two guards on duty.


" Who are you and what is your business here?! " Asked the guards once getting over there initial shock.


Adam smiled not knowing whether it was a good idea to reveal who he was or not given his appearance had changed.


" I have urgent business with King Randor gentlemen, please inform him he has a visitor. " Adam stated as the rain began to come down even harder.


" Sorry, the King is not seeing any visitor's at the moment, please come back at a later time. "


Adam wasn't surprised by the guard's refusal. He figured his father would be too preoccupied looking for him to make time to see anyone.


" I have news regarding the young Prince's whereabouts'. "


Upon Adam's words, the guards instantly pointed their weapons at him. With blasters and battle-axes drawn they seemed ready to inflict mortal injuries if he moved in the least.


" Guys, no need for the weapons. I assure you all I want to do is inform his Majesty about the Prince's whereabouts'. " He stated calmly as he held his hand's up indicating he wanted no trouble.


About fifteen minutes later, Adam found himself bound by the wrists and ankles, heading towards the throne room. The sound of his chains echoed throughout the hallway as they clanked against the floor. But the young Prince was completely calm, understanding the guard's reaction to his proclamation.


< Well, at least it's good to see father is taking my disappearance so seriously. I would have been hurt other wise. > He thought with a smile.


Ten seconds later, the half dozen guards surrounding him reached the throne room where both Monarchs along with the Master's waited.


" So this is the person that claims to know my son's whereabouts? " Asked the King as he looked over the reborn Adam.


" Yes, I do know what has become of the young Heir, but first I would like to say it's good to see you in good health once again your Majesty. " Adam stated as he bowed slightly.


Now everyone in the room was shocked after Adam's statement. Only those within the palace knew what happened to the King. News that was kept so highly guarded that if anyone was caught leaking information he/she would face imprisonment for twenty years


" How do you know about my injury? "


Adam responded to his father's question with only a smile. His smile grew even larger as his father looked like he was going to explode if not given a real answer.


< Good, he's still the same as I remember. >


Adam then turned his attention towards his mother, and the look on her face nearly broke his heart. The Queen looked as if she was about to cry. Obviously the stress from worrying about her missing child and now the anxious hope that someone knew his location was taking a toll on her.


" Don't worry yourself Queen Marlena the young Prince is fine." Stated Adam as his chains glowed a light blue color for a few seconds before completely disintegrating.


The guards along with the Master's drew their weapons in anticipation of an attack. But were quickly ordered to lower their weapons by the Queen. Raising herself from off her throne, Marlena walked towards Adam and stood face to face with him. Ever since he had come into the throne room. Marlena had felt there was something familiar about him, but couldn't figure out what it was. But now, for the first time, after getting a good look at him. She realized what it was.


Everyone in the room stood shocked as the Queen slapped the stranger. And became even more shocked at what she said after doing so.


" How could you have agreed to such a wager?! Did you even consider the effect your losing would have on us?! " She stated quite angrily, but then openly cried and buried her head into Adam's chest after saying it.


" I'm sorry ... Forgive me mot ... -- Wait, how do you know about that?"


For the next couple of minutes, Marlena explained how Man-At-Arms revealed his secret after it seemed they might never see him again. Adam completely understood why Man-At-Arms did what he did and thanked his friend and mentor for his act of compassion. But now it was Adam's turn to explain his appearance. For about fifteen Adam told what happened to him from the previous two day's until now.


" So your saying that madman actually trained you instead of making you his slave? And on top of that. Did so in a room where time moves faster then in the outside world? " Asked a very skeptical Man-At-Arms.


" I know it seems a bit far fetched Duncan, but believe me every word I told you is true. Would you like to test me in something only Adam would know to prove my authenticity? "


Man-At-Arms was about to. Until he saw the relieved look on the Queens face and the reassuring nod from her.


" No, I believe your Adam. The way the Queen responds to you is more then enough proof. A mother will always know her child. "


" Good, I was afraid you were going to ask a really embarrassing question. "


At Adam's statement everyone in the room began to chuckle. Now that the Prince was returned to them it felt like the weight of the world was off their shoulders.


" Where is Teela? It's unlike her to miss any gathering. "


At his question the room became dead quiet. The looks on his parent's and the Master's faces became suddenly downcast.


" Why the sad looks all of a sudden? Did something happen to ... -- " Adam stopped, as he heard the doors to the throne room open.


" Adam? ... " Teela said as she came walking into the throne room.


Everyone was surprised by her sudden appearance given she hadn't come out of her room since running out crying earlier in the day. Now the young Captain gave a look to her childhood friend that caused those looking at her to feel chill's going up their backs.


Adam gave her a worried look. Through the years he had seen all kinds of expressions from her. But this one made the super powered warrior feel very uneasy.


< She looks like a zombie. What in God's name happened to her? >


Removing himself from the crowd of his family and friends, which had gathered around him. Adam walked over to the entrance of the room where he stood and gazed into her eyes.


" What ... -- "


" Shut up! " Teela said interrupting him.


" So, the mighty Prince has returned. And on top of that with a new form. What happened you sick bastard, got tired of your old disguise? " She said in an eerie tone.


Adam just stared at her in shock. Before he was taken. Teela seemed to be getting over her anger towards him. But now her response left the young Prince speechless.


" Don't you dear give me that confused look. Or have you forgotten so quickly my Prince what you have done? "


" Teela, wh …-- " Adam was stopped once again, but this time by Teela striking him across the cheek with the back of her hand.


An unbecoming sinister smile crossed Teela's lips. Before she walked out leaving everyone in the room speechless.


Adam just stood there staring at the room doors. After a couple of minutes had gone by. Man-At-Arm's walked up to him placing his hand on his shoulder.


" Teela will need time Adam. She thinks you were trying to play with her emotions by not revealing you were He-Man, after she made it known how she felt towards you. "


" What?! How could she think something like that?! I've never tried to play any games with her. I wanted to tell her and was going to until Kakarotto took me from the palace! "


" I believe you Adam. I know you would never try to do that to her. But please, be patient with her. Let her work through this. I'm sure in a couple of weeks she will see her error and will except you back. "


" I hope so Duncan. I never meant to cause her any pain … "


" I know Adam. But it will be just as I said. All she needs is time. " Man-At-Arms said with a smile.


" You should listen to Duncan dear. When I was Teela's age, I had a hard time controlling my emotions and made a lot of hasty decisions and mistakes because of it. But in time I learned to control them. Teela is a strong willed person. I'm sure in no time at all she will see reason. " Stated Marlena as she and Randor came and stood next to their son.


The rest of the Master's also came up to Adam and tried their best to reassure him. Adam wanted to believe them, but he could sense something was very different with the woman he had known since childhood. The feeling that she was in great danger kept on nagging at him, in spite of the reassurances of those in the room.


<><><><>


Evil-Lyn intently glared at Snake Mountain, contemplating whether to return to her abode there or not. She was trying to do as Kakarotto had asked and not return there while he was away. But the lore of the past she was trying to escape was once again becoming appealing.


< No! Why do I even have these feelings?! For all the crap that happened while I was serving Skeletor. I should want to be as far away from here as possible! It's like I'm a dog returning to its vomit, because I have nothing better!! >


" But that's not true!! " She screamed, as the orb at the tip of her staff glowed with magical energy, before disintegrating a nearby boulder.


" This place is nothing but filth. That someday day I will crush underneath my feet! "


At that Evil-Lyn began to walk away, hoping the next time she saw the mountain, she would have acquired the means to destroy the vile place and Skeletor along with it.


" I'll make that skeleton face freak pay ..--- "


Evil-Lyn was cut off as the ground suddenly exploded directly in front of her, causing the Mistress of Evil to fly back nearly fifty feet, before landing back on the ground completely unconscious.


From high atop a nearby cliff, Skeletor stood with a sadistic smile as his Havoc Staff continued to smoke after the destruction it's master unleashed.


" Foolish wench, you should of stayed with your lover and not come back! " Skeletor bellowed, as Beastman and Tri-Klop's went over and picked up Evil-Lyn's limp form.


" Place the traitorous slut against the rock behind you two and make sure she is restrained properly! "


The two immediately did so at their master's command, even though they secretly felt a twinge of pity for their former comrade. Skeletor then pointed a glowing finger at her, sending four small rings of magic, which pinned her arms and legs to the rock. He gazed at his former lover with the same twisted smile as before, and began to laugh in such a disturbed fashion that it sent chills down his henchmen's backs.


Evil-Lyn's eye's slowly began to open as Skeletor continued his cackling. Fear gripped her, as she realized whom the voice echoing through her head belonged to.


" Well, well, the slut awakens. I'm glad you could join us my dear. Otherwise your death wouldn't be near as satisfying. "


" My what?! " Evil-Lyn screamed out in anger, temporarily forgetting her fear.


" Your death, you second rate Sorceress! "


At his comment, Evil-Lyn's eyes glowed purple with rage as she struggled to break free.


" I hope you die a slow painful death, you deformed freak!! "


" So, where's your new master? Oh wait, that's right, I forgot how poor you are in satisfying men. He must of already abandoned you in search of someone that's actually worth having. "


" Hmm, as I remember it. You were quite satisfied with me. But as I recall, you, are the one that had the problem satisfying someone. That was defiantly not your strong point. " She said with a mocking chuckle.


" How quick your wit is, even in the face of death. If you were wise, you would be groveling before me begging for mercy! "


" I hope your soul burns, and is tormented in the depths of hell forever! " Evil-Lyn spat as she continued unsuccessfully to break free.


At her statement, Skeletor's staff began to glow a bright crimson color. Evil-Lyn eyes grew wide, as she knew what was coming.


" DIE WITCH!! " He screamed, as he threw the staff at her like it was a javelin.


Without the power of her staff, Evil-Lyn couldn't muster the magical energy needed to break her bonds. But she tried regardless. Like a wild animal trying to escape the trap of a hunter. She twisted and pulled and tugged in every possible way in an attempt to free herself.


But as the staff grew closer, Evil-Lyn knew it was pointless to continue struggling. But, in spite of that fact, she tried even harder to break free. Rage and pure unbridled hatred drove her to continue trying; at the thought of the share satisfaction Skeletor would receive at seeing her dead.


< Even if I have to live the rest of my life maimed. I will never let him best me ever again!! NEVER!! >


Evil-Lyn's body started to glow a dark purple, as she drew on the power of her hatred. In many ways like how Adam drew on his inner power to deflect Kakarotto's Death Sphere.


< NEVER!! NEVER!! >


She repeated over and over to herself as she kept on struggling to break free. Cracks around her restraints began to form, causing the magical rings to loosen.


" Just except your fate and die. Or do you believe he will ... will ... "


Skeletor froze, stricken with fear as Kakarotto suddenly appeared and grabbed the glowing staff, stopping it from reaching its target. At the same time, Evil-Lyn stopped struggling upon seeing him appear.


" I thought we agreed you would stay away from here until I return? " He asked with a disappointed look on his face.


Evil-Lyn's heart nearly leapt out of her chest upon seeing him and hearing his voice. Her fears and hatred also began to slowly subside. A strange response given her present situation, but one which proved to her without a shadow of a doubt, her earlier fears of being in love were true.


" I-I know, but … -- "


Evil-Lyn was cut off as the Havoc Staff suddenly glowed an even brighter crimson before exploding, engulfing both herself and Kakarotto in a blast which resembled a nuclear explosion.


" Looks like I won't be dying that slow painful death after all, aye witch?!! " He screamed into the mushroom cloud.


Over the sound of the explosion. Skeletor's twisted laughter could be heard echoing throughout the area as the blast grew larger and larger. Within seconds the explosion covered an area half the size of a football field devastating anything within it's path.


His minions ran for there lives, just narrowly escaping being caught up in the blast. Skeletor had controlled his attack perfectly, setting it to detonate within a certain radius, which in turn protected him from it's effects, as he was just outside it's destructive range.


But in his elation, The Master of Evil failed to notice the presence standing directly behind him. Kakarotto stood about ten feet away, with a slightly singed and extremely irate Evil-Lyn. Who was poised to drive the dagger she kept hidden in her boot, into her former master's back.


<><><><><><><><>


A/N: Hope everyone enjoyed the chapter. It took a little longer then I would of liked, but I think the end result was well worth the wait. Yes, there will be more stuff involving the Z warriors. I realized in the middle of writing the chapter that a full resolution at this point couldn't be reached. So expect at least two of the Z crew to make an appearance in later chapters. Well, let me know whether you liked the chapter or not. ^_^