Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Price Of Power ❯ Chapter: 11 ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Price Of Power


" rrrr " Speech

< rrrr > Thoughts

<< rrr >> Inward voice

<> rrrr <> Telepathy


A/N: Hi all ^_^ I hope everyone has enjoyed the story so far. For some unknown reason, FF.net is erasing some of the symbols I'm using to differentiate between inward voice and telepathy. So I changed the symbols for those two in an attempt to fix the problem. Enjoy!


Chapter: Eleven


<><><><><><><><> ;

Kakarotto quickly grabbed Evil-Lyn by the wrist; stopping her from going over and driving the dagger into her former master's back.


" Let go! I'll Kill that ...-- "


" Not yet Evelyn, his demise will come, but not by your hands. " He said forcing her hand back down to her waist.


" What?! For what he's done to me I deserve this! "


" Evelyn, let it go for now. I promise, he will meet his end. Now please calm yourself. " Kakarotto stated in a very tranquil manner.


" I will not! He will die, NOW!! " She screamed into his face.


Seeing she was nearly beyond all reason. Kakarotto in an attempt to calm her, did something which surprised even him. He put his hand around her slim waist and started to pull her closer to him. He then bent his head down so that his lips were nearly on the back of her neck.


" Now calm down. I'm sure with enough thought; we can find better ways for you to exert this energy. " He said giving her a slight nibble on her ear.


Evil-Lyn froze instantly upon hearing his words and feeling his touch on her body. Her heart began to beat faster and faster the tighter his embrace became. This was a position she hadn't been in since herself and Skeletor were regular lovers. Now though, her hormones were raging to such a high degree, that she forgot all about her rage for her former love.


Kakarotto could smell her Pheromones, a scent, which caused his own hormones to flare up. Frankly, he wanted to ravish her. Her scent was becoming intoxicating. His Saiya-jin savagery wanted to take her right there and completely dominate her. But doing so he knew, would of been completely stupid. Her cared about her, in spite of the short time she was in his life. The emotional attachment she would develop, the risk of having a bastard child and for the simple fact that he didn't want to treat her like a piece of meat, were more then enough reasons for him to behave himself.


< This is strange; I haven't felt this way since, since …-- >


<< Since Chi-Chi … >>


< Yes …Chi-Chi. But what I was going to say was Seih, and that time where I nearly ravished her. >


<< Yeah … that was a close call. But, she was partly to blame for that almost happening. But at least you both learned not to go skinny-dipping together. >> Goku stated with a chuckle.


< You seem to be in a much better mood then when we were on Earth. Why the sudden change in attitude? >


<< It feels good to be back here. This world and especially Evelyn's presence is soothing … >>


< Strange, it's just like when I'm around Seih. >


<< True ... So, do you think both will try and kill each other? >> Son Goku asked, abruptly changing the subject.


< Of course, Seih is an extremely jealous person and Evelyn's personality is one where she refuses to be bested by anyone. So sparks will definitely fly between the two. >


<< So Seih was right, you are planning to take Evelyn back with us to Vimoche. I hope you know what your doing? A fight between a fully trained Evelyn and a crazed Seih would be fun to watch. But I wouldn't want either to get seriously hurt or killed. >>


< Don't worry about it. Their confrontation is inevitable. I saw that when Seih came to Eternia and the way the two acted towards each other. That's why, starting from today, I will train Evelyn for the day when her and Seih will meet in battle. >


<< Yeah ... I guess your right. But you could stop the fight from ever happening. Leave Evelyn here and you might be sparing two people a vast amount of pain. >>


< No ... I won't leave her here to suffer at the hands of Skeletor or some other two-bit tyrant. >


<< Or from herself? Her greed and lust for power get her into a lot of her troubles. >>


< I know, that's why I want to take her away from here. A new environment will make a world of difference for her attitude and outlook on life. I want to show her there's more to life then just what she's experienced here on Eternia. >


<< The Tyrant of the Universe is talking about experiencing more to life? I don't believe it ... >> Goku stated as he broke out in a fit of laughter.


<< Wow, you've really mellowed over the last couple of years. When you first arrived on Vimoche, you were more of a tyrant then Frieza or his father King Cold. >>


< True ... But things change. I realized unlike those two fools, being so malevolent accomplishes nothing. To rule an empire, your servants must ultimately respect you and not so much fear. >


<< Yup, you've definitely changed, and for the better. >>


< Don't worry my friend, I promise not to let any confrontation between the two get out of hand. >


<< You love Evelyn don't you? >>


< Love is a strong and greatly misused word at times. But to answer your question, I do have some feelings for her ... >


<< Then teach her well. Seih is no fool and must also see this. She will unleash fury on Evelyn the likes of which even Hell doesn't possess. >>


< I know ... >


Turning his attention back towards the blushing witch. Kakarotto released his embrace and began to gently brush his right hand against her cheek.


" Would you like to return with me to my world Evelyn? "


" W-What? ... " Evil-Lyn asked in a bit of shock.


" I asked, if you would like to return with me to Vimoche and leave this dreary life you have here on Eternia? "


Fear gripped the Mistress of Evils heart at Kakarotto's words. Fear of the unknown, fear of leaving the only world she had ever known, and fear of fear itself, caused her to give a look like a timid child.


< What am I doing?! I-I shouldn't be feeling this way?! This is what I want, isn't it? ... >


Evil-Lyn sighed heavily and then took a seat on the ground. Her thoughts and emotions were going crazy and frankly she needed time to collect herself.


" I ... I don't know ... " She said dejected.


Kakarotto seeing her confusion bent down and gently grabbed her hand. Slowly, he began to pull her back up from off the ground, so that she would be forced to give him an answer. Evil-Lyn though kept her head bent as she rose, refusing to even look at him. She knew he wanted an answer now, but in her heart she didn't know if she was ready to give one.


" Please ... Give me some time to think and I will give you an answer in a few days. " She asked pleadingly.


" Okay, but, you will give me an answer Evelyn, rest assured of that. There is no running away from this. "


" I-I know ... " She said sounding like she was on the verge of tears.


Kakarotto was taken aback by her tone. He was expecting some hesitation and indecision from his question, given it would mean a total change of life for her. But never did he think it would drive this cold and hard witch to tears.


<< Well, this is unexpected. >>


< Tell me about it ... >


<><><><>


Skeletor looked on the scene with utter disgust. A bit of jealousy formed in his black heart as he continued to watch the two. He also cursed himself for not realizing they were there sooner. Knowing his conceited self-indulgence could of cost him dearly. But quickly putting his foolish actions behind him, Skeletor quickly ordered his minions to attack the pair and bring him their heads. But his henchman hesitated, remembering what took place outside Castle Grayskull.


" Get them now you cowards! Or I promise you will all pay with your lives! "


Still though, even at the expense of their lives they did not move. The Master of Evil went completely wild, cursing and uttering threats at their apparent cowardice.


" You shouldn't be mad at them Skeletor. They know what will happen to them if they attack me. " Kakarotto arrogantly stated.


At the sound of his voice Skeletor turned his attention back towards Kakarotto whom gave the Scourge of Eternia a piercing stare, which served to unnerve Skeletor greatly.


Evil-Lyn though gave him a look filled with hatred as all the bitterness she felt came rushing back at the sound of his voice. She tried again to rush over and attack him, but as before Kakarotto's restraining hand stopped her.


" No Evelyn, his life is not for you to take. But if you want to exert some energy I will give you a way to do so. "


Once again wrapping his right hand around her waste, Kakarotto drew her back to him so that her back was planted firmly against his chest. Evil-Lyn once again froze upon contact as her heart began to beat faster.


" Skeletor! I have a proposition for you! "


Skeletor froze upon hearing those words. The last time he heard them was when he was watching the video of the first encounter between Kakarotto and He-Man. Now his fears of sharing He-Man's fate that day plagued his thoughts.


" How about a little match to determine the fate of Evelyn? "


" What?! " Evil-Lyn asked shocked.


" Calm down my dear I wasn't completely finished. " He said as his tail came from underneath his cloak and began to gently stroke her inner thigh. Evil-Lyn began to squirm in his grasp, as her hormones were once again raging completely out of control.


<< Stop playing with fire before you both end up burned. >>


< I know ... >


Kakarotto deciding to take his alter ego's advice stopped his flirtatious actions and wrapped his tail back around his waist. But the damage had been done, as his consort's hormones were now at the very breaking point.


" What I'm proposing your evilness. Is a match between your warriors and Evil-Lyn. If she win's then never again will you two have anything more to do with each other. In other words, you both will be as good as dead to one another. But, if your warriors win, then you may do with her as you wish, I give my word not to interfere. "


Both Skeletor and Evil-Lyn were shocked at Kakarotto's proposal. Both remained silent for a few minutes not knowing how to reply to such a strange request.


" Think about it Skeletor, either way you win. Regardless of how it turns out. Evelyn here will be out of your life forever. And Evelyn, you will finally be able to exert some of that pent up frustration and at the same time prove your superiority over your former comrades. "


Now Evil-Lyn understood what Kakarotto was trying to do. And her mind was becoming more at ease the more she thought about it.


< I can crush those fools, my magic will have them groveling at my feet! > She thought with a devious smile.


Skeletor seeing her smile knew instantly what was on her mind, given other then her parents he knew her the best. There was little hope that his warriors would be able to defeat her if she used her powers to there fullest. So he concocted a plan to even up the match and bring about her ultimate destruction.


" No deal, unless the witch is forbidden to use her magic. If she agrees to this then I will accept your offer. "


" Excellent, you have a deal then Skeletor. " Kakarotto said with a smile.


" What?! You can't be serious?! You can't expect me to fight them with just my bare hands?! " She said pulling herself away from his embrace and turning around angrily to face him.


Her anger though didn't last long as she gazed into his eyes and saw the reassuring look he was giving her.


" Don't be scared my dear. If I didn't have faith in you and your abilities I wouldn't of made the wager with that deformed freak. " Kakarotto whispered into her ear.


Kakarotto then reached into a small pocket on his belt buckle, and pulled out a capsule marked with the words Nyo-boi. He then pressed the button on the top of the capsule, causing a six-foot, red staff to appear from the tiny explosion.


" You want me to fight with this?! " She asked skeptically.


" Don't be alarmed, Nyo-boi is a fine weapon. When I was a child I used it many a time during battles. You will find it is far more effective then most other weapons you've come across. "


He then handed it to her as she continued to look at the pole skeptically. Skeletor in turn started to laugh hysterically as he to saw the weapon his former lover would have to use to fend off his minions.


" I will enjoy seeing her pretty little face get smashed into pieces. " Skeletor spewed maliciously.


At his statement Evil-Lyn gave him a look filled with hatred and promised to make him eat those words. Skeletor simply laughed, before ordering his minions to attack her without showing the slightest hint of mercy. Or face the penalty of a slow agonizing death if they refused to obey his order.


<><><><>


Evil-Lyn stood bruised and battered after about twenty minutes of fighting her former comrades in evil. She used the pole as a crutch, as her injuries were making it hard for her to stand without support. She watched with controlled fear as Tri-Klops, Trap-Jaw, Beastman, and Merman drew closer to her with every passing second. But like her, they also sported various bruises and injuries, which hampered their progress towards her.


" You're doing good Evelyn! " Kakarotto cheered as himself and Skeletor watched the action from high above a nearby cliff.


Evil-Lyn turned and smiled, trying to put up the best front she could. She wanted to pass out, but doing so would mean forfeiting the match and becoming Skeletor's slave. A prospect she wasn't about to have happen. But her heart was also gripped with fear as she continued to stare at Kakarotto. She clearly saw the type of power he now had over her and it filled her with dread.


< I couldn't even say no. That look, his talk, his very presence seemed to overwhelm me. Is this what the price of love will mean for me? To be his slave in every aspect of my being, even if it might mean sacrificing my life? … >


<> That is something you will have to decide for yourself Evelyn. I'm not asking or demanding you be my slave. I just think you deserve better then to be stuck in this decaying lifestyle of yours. <>


Evil-Lyn was shocked to hear Kakarotto's voice in her mind. Until she remembered what he told her about how she can let her mental guard down whenever she gets too distracted.


<> But now isn't the best time to talk about this. When you finish disposing of the four nitwits, we can talk about your fears and apprehension in changing your life. <>


< Okay ... > She replied once again sounding like a timid child.


<>Good ... Now duck! <>


Evil-Lyn immediately did so, just avoiding Trap-Jaws bionic claw arm. Without hesitation she then brought up the staff in-between his legs, causing the cyborg to drop to his knees, clutching his ailing groin. Then with another swift and powerful blow, she struck him across the temple knocking the deformed cripple completely out.


But she didn't have long to celebrate her victory as Merman and Beastman came rushing at her. Now was the time Evil-Lyn was glad Kakarotto gave her the red pole, and told her it's secret. Commanding Nyo-boi to extend, it lifted her high above the advancing warriors.


" Not so fast! " Stated Tri-Klops as he fired a energy blast from his mechanical eye, catching the Eternian witch in the back.


Evil-Lyn screamed in pain as she fell to the ground before landing with a sickening thud. Nyo-boi dropped beside her, as she lay motionless. Skeletor's sick laughter could be heard throughout the area as he was near an euphoric state, sensing victory was at hand.


" Now kill her! But make it as painful as possible! ... " He said sadistically.


" You're sending your warriors to their doom. " Kakarotto warned.


" The whore is dead! Even you must admit this now! She fought well, much better then I ever thought she was capable of. But in the end she fell short, just like she has her entire life. " Skeletor stated with contempt.


" With encouragement like that no wonder she failed you so often. In fact, it's no wonder why all of your minions do so badly in battles or in whatever you command them to do. You're a fool Skeletor, a blind, arrogant, twisted piece of scum, which will soon be removed from the parasitic role you play on Eternia. " Kakarotto stated nonchalantly.


" What?!! "


In response to being insulted, Skeletor reached to his side and started to draw his sword. But one look from Kakarotto made him hesitate.


" I suggest you don't do that, or you'll be joining He-Man as nothing more then a memory … " Kakarotto stated in a deadly tone.


" What?!! He-Man is no more?!! " Skeletor asked in complete shock.


" Yes … And you're seconds away from joining him if you don't re-sheath that piece of tin. Besides you need to learn to relax parasite. Enjoy the few days you have left alive. Live life merry until the angel of death comes upon you. "


Skeletor's fear grew even more as he caught onto what Kakarotto was implying. He backed up slowly but stopped as Kakarotto had more to say.


" Don't worry, as I said, the angel of death will come upon you soon enough and your lamp will be snuffed out from this world. But, until that time parasite, enjoy life to it's fullest. Be as merry as possible, because soon, very, very soon you're going to be burning in the depths of hell, just like Evelyn stated. "


" I wouldn't bet on that! Many have tried to destroy me, but they all failed to conquer me or my power. " Skeletor stated after summoning up his courage.


" That will change believe me ... But for now parasite lets end this conversation and enjoy Evelyn's victory. "


" You have too much faith in that creature. Faith that will be both your undoing. "


" We'll see … " Kakarotto responded in the same nonchalant manner as before. Before turning his attention away from Skeletor and focusing it back on Evil-Lyn.


<><><><>


Evil-Lyn continued to lay motionless on the ground as her former comrades hovered over her. In truth they did not agree one hundred percent with what they had to do. But with the only other option being Skeletor's wrath, they knew they had no other choice.


" Sorry Evil-Lyn, it's been fun knowing you, but business is business. " Stated Tri-Klops as his mechanical eye began to glow with plasma energy.


" Sorry, but you're the one that's going to be sorry. " Evil-Lyn said barely over a whisper.


In an instant Evil-Lyn popped up off the ground and threw a handful of dirt into the Cyclops eye temporally blinding him. Using the momentary distraction she grabbed Nyo-boi and jabbed him in the ribs causing Tri-Klops to clutch his side in pain. She then swung upward, catching him in the chin, causing him to stagger back a few feet before falling to the ground partially dazed.


But the evil inventor didn't stay down long as he quickly regained his bearings and switched to the second of his three mechanical eyes. Charging up his eye, he fired a freeze beam hoping to encase Evil-Lyn within a block of ice. But the attack didn't work as she barely dodged the beam and instead it hit and incased Beastman, who was trying to attack her from behind.


" Fools!! Can't you do anything right?!! Kill her!! " Skeletor screamed in anger after seeing his former love dodge death.


Merman fearing his master's wrath immediately ran over to Evil-Lyn and started attacking her relentlessly. The King of the Eternian seas was a coward on land, but he was a skilled warrior. Now that same skill was giving Evil-Lyn fits, as she tried her best to keep from being impaled by his trident and at the same time avoid being frozen by Tri-Klop's ice beams.


" Good Evelyn! Victory will soon be yours! " Kakarotto Stated.


< Victory?! I'm about to pass out and he's talking about victory! > She said to herself a bit exasperated.


<> Don't talk like that Evelyn. You are very close to winning. <>


< I'm sorry, I don't think I can continue for much longer … M-My body can't take this kind of strain. >


<> Yes it can, you can endure far more then this. Believe me Evelyn, what your feeling now will pale in comparison to what you will feel a few years from now ... <>


< What?! What do you mean by that? >


<> Don't worry about it, concentrate on the moment at hand. <>


< Don't worry?! How do you expect me to do that after what you just said?! >


<> In battle, a warrior must be single minded. Only the task at hand must be on their mind and nothing else. This is one of the lessons you must perfect if you are to achieve the power you so desperately crave. <>


< Power? ... Power isn't everything ... Those who worry about gaining power at any cost always end up dead. It is the price they pay for their lust ...> Evil-Lynn said somberly, as she continued to fight off both Merman and Tri-Klops.


<> I'm shocked ... When did you develop this attitude? <> He asked genuinely surprised.


< While you were gone ...I did a lot of soul searching and ended up reflecting on a lot of things. Son Goku told me that statement ... Please, don't be angry with him. I know how you don't like him to interfere with your affairs. But I see now that his words were filled with wisdom. >


Kakarotto was completely shocked. He almost didn't believe what he just heard. The corrupt, evil, greedy, power mad witch of Eternia was actually renouncing some of her ways. Or at the very least was considering doing so.


<> I still don't believe it … One talk from him has effected you so? Maybe he is of more use then I thought … <> He said with a chuckle.


< I also have the sinking feeling, I really have no choice in whether I come with you or not. Your just asking me so as to not come off like a tyrant like Skeletor, but in the end you will never let me remain here … >


<> You truly are a wise and remarkable woman, and indeed you are correct. Your time here on Eternia has ended. But … we can discuss this later when you're not so preoccupied. <>


Evil-Lyn was about to respond until she was struck in the face by the heel of Merman's foot. She dropped to the ground; partially dazed, clutching her throbbing right cheek. But she couldn't stay down or pay attention to the pain for long. Because from the corner of her eye, she saw Tri-Klops coming from behind, ready to slice her in two.


In spite of this severe threat to her life, she only rose half way, continuing to focus her attention on her ailing cheek. Well, that was until Tri-Klops sword got within a foot of her head and she suddenly ducked barely dodging the strike.


<> Here's your chance Evelyn! Use the Rising Dragon! <>


Obeying Kakarotto's command, Evil-Lyn quickly reached down into her boot and brought her dagger up in an upper cut like fashion. Tri-Klops cried out in agony, as his throat, lips, nose, and tri-visor were all split open.


Evil-Lyn watched with an emotionless stare as her former comrade was writhing on the ground bleeding profusely from the open wound. A wave of sadness suddenly came over her as she realized his time in the land of the living was about to end.


" Sorry … but as you said, business is business … " She said in a low whisper.


She then turned away, only to face a scared Merman who could of attacked her while she watched Tri-Klops slowly die, but did not out of fear.


" Leave … " She stated flatly.


" Leave or you will end up like him or like the rest of them. " She said pointing back towards the perishing Tri-Klops and then to the other fallen warriors.


Merman didn't need any more of a hint as he like the coward at heart he is, began to run for his life. Evil-Lyn smirked, then turned her attention towards her former master and began to stare him down. Skeletor nearly busted a vein as he saw Merman running like a scolded dog. But his anger grew even more as he saw Evil-Lyn's expression. His eyes began to glow a deep red as he returned her hateful glare.


" Now, now you two. The match is over. She bested your finest warriors Skeletor and by the rules of our agreement you two will no longer have anything more to do with each other. "


" I care nothing about some foolish agreement!! The witch will die!! "


Reaching out his right hand towards where his Havoc Staff was imbedded into the ground, Skeletor commanded it to appear into his hands. He then reached to his side and drew his sword, and was about to go down and attempt to do the job his minions couldn't. But was quickly stopped by a look from Kakarotto that promised death if he did.


" Let it go Skeletor, or I promise you will regret it … " Kakarotto stated in a low but deadly tone.


In his heart Skeletor knew going against Kakarotto would mean certain death. And his commonsense was screaming for him not to attempt such a foolish act. But his hatred for Evil-Lyn and his pride, demanded he do otherwise.


" Don't even think about it you deformed fool. I made a promise to myself that the angel of death will take your life. Don't make me break my word! … "


" Who is this angel of death?! " Skeletor spat back bitterly.


" You'll meet him soon enough … and believe me, you'll never forget your encounter with him … " Kakarotto said with a twisted laugh.


" We'll see! " Skeletor replied back defiantly. Even though he was inwardly terrified at whom this person Kakarotto was talking about, possibly could be.


" Leave … "


Was the last statement Kakarotto said to Skeletor before teleporting in front of Evil-Lyn. As soon as he appeared, Evil-Lyn flopped into his arms. Kakarotto was a little shocked but then remembered how close she was to passing out.


" When I wake up your going to tell me everything. Who you really are, where you come from, why you're so powerful, everything … "


Then without any further utterance, Evil-Lyn passed out in his arms. Kakarotto chuckled slightly and began to slowly stroke her cheek proud that she had done so well.


" My dear, I see you will be fine on Vimoche. Your attitude and determination will win you the approval of many. And you may even win over Seih … "


<< That's really wishful thinking … As I said, prepare for hell on earth. >>


" We'll see … "


Kakarotto then took a glance over to Skeletor, but the Master of Evil had apparently taken his advice and left.


" Coward even left his minions to die. I will enjoy seeing Adam slice him to bits. "


Kakarotto then draped Evil-Lyn over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. He then walked over to Tri-Klops, bent down, and forced a senzu bean down his throat. To many, they would have thrown up at the sight of so much blood coming up from the evil inventor's throat. He was switching slightly, with his mouth and neck covered in a pool of his own blood. He should have been dead, and Kakarotto marveled at his will to live.


He then went over and used his Ki to unfreeze Beastman before he froze to death. A couple of minutes later, both warriors came to their senses a little dazed but unharmed non-the less.


" I suggest you revive your comrade's quickly and find the one that ran away. Make sure to stay away from your master for a few days. He will be very volatile to say the least. "


Kakarotto then gave them a smile before teleporting back to his icy hideaway. Tri-Klops and Beastman were puzzled for a few minutes, wondering why Kakarotto spared their lives. But after a few minutes of not coming to a suitable conclusion, they decided to revive their comrades then head away from Snake Mountain. Deciding it would be best to stay away from their master for a few days just like Kakarotto had suggested.


<><><><>


A full week had gone by since Adam's return to Eternia, and the situation between himself and Teela hadn't changed one bit. The young Captain of the Royal Guard was totally ignoring her childhood friend and it was driving Adam to his breaking point.


< I can take her slapping me or even yelling, but total exclusion from her life?! She acts like I don't even exist to her anymore! Not even a simple hello will she give me when we pass each other in the Palace halls! >


Adam was frustrated, seriously, seriously frustrated. He felt like destroying something, in hope that would relieve some of his tension. He slowly rose into the sky and began flying away from the Palace roof were he was sitting. He flew slowly for about a mile enjoying the afternoon breeze, while he looked for a suitable mountain to obliterate. About five minutes later Adam found his tension reliever and smiled for the first time in four days.


< Yes … this will do nicely. I sense nothing around this area except for some very low Ki's, probably just some animals. I'll just scare them away with some warning blasts. That should send the message that the area is no longer safe. >


Adam charged up a very small amount of Ki into his outstretched hands and was going to start firing, until he sensed something familiar coming from the forest below where he was hovering.


" It can't be? ... It can't be her? … "


He quickly swooped down at breakneck speed, until he reached the source of the power. Adam's fears proved to be true as he saw Teela practicing her fighting techniques in the middle of a clearing.


< So this is where she disappeared to earlier ... But why didn't I sense she was here before. Am I truly so stressed that even my senses are being thrown off? … >


Adam watched her in silence as she continued her routine. He had seen it all before, just some basic elements of fighting with a staff. Despite there recent problems, he still thought she was the most beautiful creature on Eternia. And he desperately wanted to embrace her like he did back in her room.


< What has happened to her?! Duncan and my mother may believe she just needs time, but I know there's something else going on here. But I wish I knew what it was! … >


It was then an idea popped into his head at a possible way to find out some answers. But he knew the idea would be very risky and could possibly make things even worse.


< Still though, I must take the risk … or face possibly losing her forever ... >


Whispering the words active, then stealth. His fighting GI changed into an outfit resembling a ninjas. All black from head to toe, with a mask, which resembled the one Fitelh used when she first contacted Teela.


Without wasting another second, Adam jumped down from off the tree branches and began attacking Teela relentlessly. But he made sure to keep his Ki slightly above hers to make sure she wouldn't be hurt accidentally.


" Who are you?! " She asked while jumping away from a kick meant for her head.


Adam didn't bother responding, but continued his relentless assault. His plan, even though not the most thought out. Was one to try and ignite some feelings from her by re-enacting a game they use to play as children. One where he would dress as an assassin and attack her out of the blue. They both had found the game extremely fun to play and even after becoming young adult's they still liked to talk about those times.


< Those were good times. Where we both worried about nothing and just play fought most of the day. Lord Patamowos, how I wish we could relive them … life was so much simpler back then, unlike now …> Adam thought as he delivered a light kick to her ribs after sidestepping a spin kick.


Teela instantly dropped to the ground, clutching her ailing side. Adam, seeing her fall, didn't attack further, but waited instead to see if she would be able to rise on her own. But the momentary pause in the action gave the young captain a good chance to look at her attacker for the first time. And in consequence caused her to say something Adam wasn't expecting and in turn, turned his world upside down.


" Oh wait it's you … sorry about not recognizing you earlier. I knew that mask looked familiar, but it wasn't until you hit me with that kick and we stopped, that I finally got a good look at it. I'm sure your here to check to see if I fulfilled my part of the bargain. So for I haven't, and I'm sorry ... But I promise to soon ... " Teela said in a strangely delightful tone.


< What is she talking about? … > Adam thought to himself completely mystified.


" That worthless prince keeps on dogging me wherever I go, never giving me a moments peace. But like I said, I will take her out as soon as I can ditch him. "


< Take out?! Teela couldn't be talking about killing someone, could she? ... But that can't be. She may be obnoxious and arrogant at times, but she would never intentional kill someone ... >


" Why are you so quiet? You're totally unlike how you were in my room …-- "


" WHAT?!! "


Adam instantly took off his mask and began to stare Teela down. She was shocked, to put it mildly, to find out all this time she was talking to Adam.


" What the h … -- " She started to say but was cut off by an enraged Adam.


" Shut up!! Who is this person that was in your room?!! " He asked seeming to be in a jealous rage.


Now Teela was getting scared, given she had never seen a look from him like this in the years they had known each other. But yet her pride caused her to not show any sign of her fears, as she simply refused to look weak in front of him.


" First you tell me to shut up, and at the same time you want answers to my personal business? ... How about I give you this instead. " Teela, unlike her character, gave Adam a particularly obscene hand gesture which completely shocked the young prince.


But, like Teela. Adam refused to show any sign of hurt. As he continued to stare her down.


" Really Teela? … "


Adam went over to a nearby tree and snapped off a small four-foot branch. He then plucked the leaves off of it and pointed the stick at Teela.


" How about I beat the info out of you … "


" Really … that won't be such an easy task like how you abused me the first time. " She said pointing her staff right at him.


" I did not abuse you! That was a mistake ... But I guarantee this time will be no mistake! You've been acting like a child lately, and I will now give you what a misbehaving child should receive ... "


" I knew you hadn't changed. Still the same abusive bastard you always were. " Teela responded nonchalantly.


Adam shrugged his shoulders in response, seeming to show Teela the same type of indifference to her statement.


" Fine ... come at me then and I will show you how 'abusive' I can get ... "


Without another word Teela rushed Adam and attacked with reckless abandon. Adam easily dodged every attack with minimal effort. But was careful not to counter attack too hard, as he only wanted to scare and bruise her up a bit, but not cause any serious injury.


" Come on captain, I thought this wasn't suppose to be so easy. " He said mockingly.


" Shut up!! " She screamed in rage.


As the minutes grew, Teela was losing her temper more and more. The effects of the drug were wearing off and so it brought back all her bitterness. She needed another douse, but knew doing so in front of Adam would be out of the question. He would never approve of her using a drug to control her emotions and would definitely not agree with the agreement she made to get it.


" Fight and stop dancing you cowardly bastard! " She screamed as Adam parried another one of her strikes.


" Bastard? … Last I knew, my mother and father were married when I was conceived. Unlike a certain eternian captains parents.


" And what would you know of that?! You know nothing about my … -- "


" I know much more then you think ... Everyone has their secrets Teela. I had mine and your father has his. Ask him about your mother, ask him where she is. "


" My mothers dead! Why would I ask him something I already know?! ... " Teela harshly replied as Adam sidestepped another one of her strikes.


" How foolish you are captain. The truth was made clear to you a few months back and yet you were and still are too blind to see it. "


Teela had no clue as to what Adam was referring to. The only thing of significance that happened within the last few months was the revelation that the Sorceress existed and lived within the confines of Castle Grayskull.


< Other then that nothing ... has ... >


Teela then saw the smile on Adam's face as that thought popped into her mind. She stopped attacking, and started to back away slowly, shaking her head in disbelief.


" No ... that can't be possible. " She said as if she was about to cry.


Adam though had a big smile on his face as if his loves sudden revelation was the greatest thing in the world.


" Yes Teela it's true ... The Sorceress is your mother ... "


" No ... " She responded backing herself up against a large tree.


" Teela ... it's true. Or have you forgotten the first time you met her? I remember that look you gave to the Sorceress. You just kept on staring at her like you were in a trance. Didn't you feel some sort of connection back then? "


" Shut up ... " Teela said sounding angry.


" Teela, stop denying ... -- "


" I said shut up!! " She screamed as she rushed him.


Adam jumped back about twenty feet avoiding her attack. Deciding it was time to end their encounter. He began to spin the stick in his right hand like a propeller, generating a tremendous amount of wind. Teela again tried to rush him, but the young captain found she could barely move as the winds stopped her dead in her tracks.


" T-This ... w-won't stop me ... " Teela said as she dug her staff into the ground to keep from being blown back.


" Oh really ... "


Adam began spinning the stick even faster, which in turn increased the force of the winds. Teela could only stand her ground for a few seconds, before flying back and hitting spine first against a tree. Adam stopped his attack the instant Teela hit the tree. He watched silently as she slumped down to the ground dazed and barely moving.


" If you weren't so stubborn this wouldn't of happened to you. " He said walking over to her.


Adam peered down at her showing no emotion what so ever. Teela rose slowly, using him as a crutch to stand. Without warning Adam lightly jabbed the stick into her stomach causing Teela to double over in pain.


" That was for the stupid way you've been acting lately. " He stated right before walking away.


Adam got about ten feet away before stopping and turning back to face Teela with a look of disbelief. She uttered something as she struggled to stand, and her words nearly sent Adam in a rage.


" What was that you just said? ... " He said in a low but deadly tone.


" You heard me. I said you will never be able to satisfy me like my new 'friend' ... Unlike your abusive way's, all my needs are always met with him ... " Teela then gave Adam a devious smile which only served to drive the young warrior over the edge.


Before she could blink, Adam closed the gap between them and pinned her forcefully against the tree by her hair. Teela's feet were dangling a foot off the ground as she tried unsuccessfully to free herself. She tried kicks, punches, but all failed as Adam acted like he felt nothing.


" Listen to me, and listen very carefully ... You are mine ... If I ever catch you with this person I will kill him on the stop ... " Adam growled out.


" Even if you do, I still won't be yours. Unless that is you plan on raping me. "


Teela's words seemed to have an impact on him as he looked horrified after her statement. She smiled, seeing that her plan was working. She knew that he no longer could be hurt physically by anything she did, but she guessed right that emotionally he was still vulnerable to a degree.


" I would never do that ... " He whispered out.


" Oh please, all you men are the same. All you really care about is what is between my legs. But you know what, I've changed my mind. You can have me if you like and spare me the shame of rape. "


Teela then reached behind her back and started to unzip her top. She zipped it half way down before Adam realized what she was doing and threw her to the ground in disgust.


" You've become vile and manipulative. Totally unlike the woman I fell in love with ... He said sadly.


Adam didn't wait for a reply. He took off to the skies and started heading towards the direction of Castle Grayskull. There were some issues he needed to discuss with the Sorceress. Issues that would be hard for him to bring up, but after the ordeal with Teela he saw no reason to delay it any further.


Teela slowly stood, using the tree she slammed against to help her up. Guilt and sadness gripped her heart as she saw Adam fly away. She knew lying to him about there being another man in her life and also implying he would rape her was completely wrong.


< But why should I feel guilty?! For what he's put me through I ... I ... >


Teela couldn't continue as she slumped back down to the ground. She was lying to herself and couldn't deny the truth any longer. Even though Adam was rough with her, in some way she thought the treatment was deserved for her asinine behavior. She began to cry silently as her heart became heavy with despair.


< But what can I do?! I need that drug! I need it ... > Teela began to cry harder as she realized what she had become.


< I'm an addict ... Dear God, how did this happen? ... How? ... How?! ... >


Teela's rage suddenly exploded as she immediately jumped up and began pounding the tree with her fists. Minutes passed with her not showing any sign she was close to stopping. But unbeknown to the young captain. The disk on the back of her neck had a safety feature, in which it automatically released a small douse, if the person's blood pressure rose to a certain point.


Teela reared back her bloody fist to deliver another blow to the tree. Until a familiar sensation came over her, causing her body to fall limp. Within a few seconds she regained full sensation in all her extremities, causing an eery smile to cross her lips.


< This sensation is too good to give up. How could I of even considered doing so? ... >


Teela then looked at her knuckles and winced at there condition. Both hands were completely covered in blood and badly discolored.


< Oh well, at least I can still feel them. But explaining the bruises to father will be tricky ... Perhaps I can pass them off as training injuries? > She thought as she went and picked up her staff and then started walking towards her Sky Sled.


< Time to get out of here. I'm sure a proper excuse will come to me by the time I reach the Palace. And, I must also make sure everyone knows about how 'abusive' Adam was to me ... -- >


A sudden ground-shaking explosion racked the area causing Teela to immediately mount her vehicle and take to the skies. A thick cloud of black smoke could be seen coming from east of her present location, and she quickly recognized it as being in the direction of Castle Grayskull.


" No!! ... "


Teela flew full speed hoping, praying that the smoke wasn't coming from the castle. A couple of minutes passed by and Teela reached Grayskull, or what was left of it. She circled the area a few times surveying the damage and was at a complete loss for words.


< Everything is destroyed. There isn't a single stone left upon another ... > She said in a state of shock and disbelief.


She was about to contact her father and tell him the grim news, until she saw the silhouette of a person lying on top of the rubble. Immediately Teela set the craft on hover, and jumped down into the middle of the debris. She walked cautiously over to the body, with her staff in hand incase of an attack.


" T-Te... Teela ... " The Sorceress said barely above a whisper.


Teela dropped her staff and ran to her mother's side. The Sorceress was in bad shape as Teela quickly saw. Blood was trickling from the right side of her skull, a piece of wood two feet or so long was protruding out from her right knee, and a foot long gas was on her left arm.


" W-What happened to you? ... " Teela asked her mother as she cradled her head in her lap.


" T-The Orb ... H-he has the Orb ... " The Sorceress replied sounding like she would pass out at any moment.


" Orb? ... What orb ... -- Wait, do you mean the Orb containing the power of the ancients? "


" Yes ... He has it Teela. We must stop him ... "


" So this was the work of Skeletor?! That freak will pay for ... -- "


" No Teela ... Skeletor was not responsible for this. A-A ... Adam ... "


Adam's name was the last thing the Sorceress uttered as she lost consciousness. Teela didn't want to believe her ears as her mother mentioned Adam's name.


< That can't be true ... Adam would never do this, never ... >


<><><><>


In the bowels of Snake Mountain, Skeletor sat on his throne eyeing his minions with utter disgust. Their failure to defeat Evil-Lyn only served to lower his opinion of their worth, which wasn't high to begin with. Tri-Klops, Trap-Jaw, Beastman, Merman, and the two mental giants Clawful, and Whiplash, whom Evil-Lyn had taken out early in the fight by tricking them into knocking each other out. Awaited punishment for their failure.


" I should kill all of you! Every single one of you are nothing but useless fools, that couldn't even defeat a lone woman! " He said pointing his staff at them.


" Give me one reason why all of you shouldn't die right now? ... " He said as the top of his staff began to glow.


Immediately they all started reminding him about their faithful years of service to him and his cause. Hoping that would grant them a bit of mercy. And in a strange way it did as he extinguished the magical energy.


" I shall give you one more chance. And if you fail me this time. I promise to kill all of you on the spot! "


" I heard a rumor about He-Man ... We shall test the authenticity of this by attacking Grayskull and retrieving the power of the elders ... "


His minions were shocked to say the least at their master's bold statement. They all had nervous looks as they all remembered what happened the last time they attacked the Castle.


" No need for that Skeletor ... "


Skeletor immediately looked up as he heard a voice coming from the ceiling. There floated Adam holding a basketball sized sky blue orb. Adam immediately floated down and wasted no time in addressing the master of Snake Mountain. Skeletor looked at the stranger oddly. He could tell there was something familiar about him, but just couldn't put his finger on what it was.


" Here is the power of the elders Skeletor, no need to send your minions out for it. " Adam stated as he tossed the sphere over to Skeletor.


Skeletor caught the sphere and was in share ecstasy when he realized it was indeed the power he was striving after, as he could feel the power pulsating inside.


" How did ... -- "


Skeletor stopped, as Adam was no longer there. He looked at his minions, as they too were just as shocked at Adam's sudden appearance and disappearance. In truth though, he did not care who the stranger was. All he knew that 'ultimate' power was now his and soon all of Eternia would be also.


<><><><><><><><> ;


A/N: I know, some are like what the heck?! ... All I will say on this topic is stay tuned. ^_^


I also know some are saying " But Adam and Teela would never do the things they're doing " But, remember this. In the new He-Man cartoon, neither one has experienced anything like what I'm putting them through. So in my mind how they act is fair game. :)


Well, I hope everyone enjoyed the chapter. Remember to voice a comment. And I know people must want to voice something, considering I wasted Castle Grayskull. ^_^