Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Price Of Power ❯ Chapter: 12 ( Chapter 14 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Price Of Power


" rrrr " Speech

< rrrr > Thoughts

<< rrrr >> Inward voice

<> rrrr <> Telepathy


A/N: Hi all ^_^ I just want to say something in regards to Adam's actions ... Pray for the boy ... ^_^


Chapter: Twelve


<><><><><><><><> ;


It was now midnight, and there was one on Eternia who was up thinking over the most difficult decision he had made so far in his young life. A decision that impacted everyone on Eternia, whether they were good or evil.


Kakarotto watched with concern, as his student downed another swig from the bottle of liquor Adam requested before the Inn Keeper retired for the night. The two were alone in the dining section of the same small inn Kakarotto had his first run in with Buzz-Off and Ram-Man. Kakarotto had 'persuaded' Iva the Owner of the small inn into leaving the section open until himself and Adam were finished discussing their business. And now he wondered if doing so was a wise thing, as his young student seemed intent on getting drunk.


" What's wrong Adam? … "


Adam didn't respond. He just kept on downing mouthful after mouthful of the potent liquid, as he sat at the small table.


" Adam … why did you contact me mentally to meet you here? Certainly it wasn't to watch you get drunk? … " He said with a small chuckle.


Again, Adam ignored his teachers question and continued to focus on the bottle of Eternian brandy. The young warrior just stared into the night sky through the inn's sky roof, with a troubled look. Kakarotto finally had enough of his silence and grabbed Adam by the wrist, just as he was going to down another mouthful of the powerful intoxicant.


" Enough! … You're not a drinker, so what has troubled you so deeply that you're resulting to drinking in an attempt to calm your nerves? " He said taking the bottle out of Adam's hand.


" I … I … destroyed it … " Adam said a bit jittery.


Kakarotto instantly knew what his young protégé was referring to. Earlier in the day he had felt a massive power surge coming from Adam. And just following the surge of power, he sensed the Sorceresses power drop nearly to nothing.


" So why did you do that? I thought protecting that castle was the most important thing to you Master's? "


Adam rose from his seat and headed towards a nearby window. He stared blankly at the star filled sky, as the day's event's all came rushing back to him.


" That blasted woman wouldn't listen! … " He said angrily.


" So you destroyed Grayskull because she wouldn't listen? That sounds incredibly foolish. Totally unlike the way you were trained. "


" No … it was destroyed when she tried to stop me from leaving with the power of the ancients. I needed it, and as the guardian she didn't agree with my reasons for wanting to take it and in the end we fought … Grayskull was merely a casualty … an unfortunate casualty … "


" I see … I also sensed later on in the day yourself and Skeletor together. Now considering I can still sense him. I'm left with only two reasons for that being so. One, you two are in league with each other. But that would make absolutely make no sense considering how much you hate him. Or? … " Kakarotto stopped, waiting for Adam to continue the statement.


" Or … I have a plan … "


" Plan? … Really? …" Kakarotto said right before rising from his seat and joining Adam by the window.


" I believe I know what you have planned, and it is very risky. A lot of people could get hurt or even killed with this plan Adam. Are you sure the ultimate goal is worth it? "


" Yes ... " Adam said sighing heavily.


" Many will think your wrong and may even try and stop you. Your friends could become your enemies. Are you prepared for this? Will you fight those you love for this goal? Fight those you fought and bleed along side with. Went through hardships, and trials of all kinds. Are you prepared for the possible backlash Adam? ... "


" That is why I asked you to meet me ... Even though I know the overall goal is worth the sacrifice. I'm wondering if I should of begun this a different way. Maybe I should of killed Skeletor outright instead of giving him the power he wants. As you said, what if someone does die because of what I did? "


" You elected not to kill that fool outright and the results of that decision you will have to live with, whether they're good or bad. But ... what's done is done. Don't focus too much on the past, but pay attention to the here and now. The wise man, even though he makes a mistake. Will learn from his error so as to not repeat it again. Every plan has some degree of risk to it Adam. And I will ask you like I did before, after weighing the risks are you sure what your fighting for is truly worth it? "


Adam just stood at the window for minutes on end without saying a word. All the time trying to see if he could live with the possibility of having innocent blood on his hands.


< But what choice do I really have? ... I've painted myself in a corner. Perhaps if Grayskull hadn't of been destroyed I could smooth everything over with everyone, but now it seems like a have to see this through to the very end. >


" I guess I have no other choice but to follow this through to it's finish. I pray that Patamowos will guide my steps as I embark on this ... "


" I'm sure he will Adam. He does take care of his children and wouldn't leave you like an orphan. Ask for guidance and wisdom and he will help you through this. And never hesitate to ask me for help. Even though I know you want to solve Eternia's problems by yourself, and you had to swallow a bit of your pride in coming here tonight. I'm here to help you and will support your efforts the best way I can. "


" Thanks ... It's late and I should be heading back ... And I'm sure you want to get back to Evil-Lyn and to whatever you two were doing before I contacted you. " Adam said with a forced chuckle.


In response to his statement, Kakarotto slapped Adam upside the head, and began to chuckle himself.


" Let that be a lesson to you. "


" What was that for?! " Adam said rubbing the right side of his head.


" All I was stating was the obvious ... -- " Adam stopped as he saw Kakarotto's hand rise up again preparing to give him another slap.


" Okay, okay, no need for the violence I get the message. " Adam said holding up both his hands in front of his chest in a submissive manner.


" Good ... and to clarify something. We weren't in the middle of anything. Right now she's in a rejuvenation chamber recovering from wounds she suffered fighting her ex comrades. "


" I see ... But wouldn't a senzu bean of been a more efficient way to heal her wounds? "


Kakarotto began to lightly chuckle in response to his student's question. In truth, if it weren't for her passing out right after the fight, they might of well been in the middle of some ' activities ' . And he thanked Patamowos for the opportunity to calm both their hormones.


" Let's just say I don't want anymore children at the moment ... "


" Okay, I understand. " Adam said with a smirk.


" Good ... But since were on the subject of women, how are you and Teela doing? "


Adam's demeanor suddenly became even more downcast at the mention of his love's name. He left his place by the window and sat back down at the table himself and Kakarotto were sitting at before. He tried to reach for the bottle of brandy, but as his hand got within a couple of inches, the bottle suddenly started glowing then just disintegrated.


" So ... that bad? " Kakarotto stated as he came and sat down at his previous spot.


" Thank you teacher ... It's actually become much worse ... " Adam replied dejected as he slumped his head down.


" I don't know what to do. She doesn't speak to me, nor does she acknowledge my existence. It's almost like she's a different person. What can I do teacher? ... I feel that she will be lost to me forever if something doesn't happen soon. "


" Well ... women are funny creatures. Their ways can be harder to understand then the complexity of the Universe. But, my young friend. If she does care for you it will come out. No matter how much she tries to hide her emotions they will find a way to escape. So take courage and just wait for whatever phase she's going through in her young life to pass. "


" I'll try ... and thanks. " Adam said giving his teacher a warm smile.


" Good " Kakarotto said returning Adam's smile.


" Perhaps you should stay here for the night, or even for a few days. Go back home when you think your mind is clear and you're sure about what to do regarding your plan. "


" Yes ... maybe I will do that. Not seeing any familiar faces for a little while may do me some good. "


" Great, just tell the Inn Keeper I gave you permission to use my room and any expenses you run up should be put on my tab. "


" Thank you teacher, I won't forget your kindness. " Adam said in a delightful manner, as he seemed to be regaining some of his old joy.


" No problem, take care ... " Kakarotto said as he disappeared leaving Adam alone to collect his thoughts.


And that is what the young warrior tried to do, as he sat at the table staring up at the stars. All the time praying to Patamowos to grant him wisdom and to show mercy towards him as he begins to walk the rocky and dangerous road of his destiny.


<><><><>


< Once again I find myself in a strange dreamlike world. Won't these things ever end?! > Evil-Lyn said totally exasperated with her current plight.


She looked around her to find she was floating, naked, in what could only be described as a sea of black. But as sudden as she found herself there, Evil-Lyn was then transported to an open field, with a very large and majestic castle in the foreground.


< Magnificent ... It must be at least twice the size of the Eternian Royal Palace. >


The Mistress of Evil started to walk towards it after realizing she was now fully clothed and in her regular outfit except for her helmet and staff. As she walked she began to notice how beautiful the area surrounding the castle truly was and marveled at its beauty.


" I wonder what empire this belongs to? ... "


Evil-Lyn stopped, and waited for someone or thing to give a reply to her question, as it seemed the case every time she was in one of these worlds. But none came and she decided to continue on her way towards the mysterious castle.


After about five more minutes of walking, Evil-Lyn made it to the palace gates and marveled at how even they sparkled like a jewel, like the rest of the beautiful palace. She called out, to see if anyone was there, but received no reply.


" I guess I better let myself in. Perhaps inside, I can find out why I'm here? ... " She said trying to push the enormous gates open.


With minimal effort she forced the gates open and stepped inside into the courtyard. But Evil-Lyn was met with an unexpected surprise, as a large, yellow, female lion stood in the middle of the courtyard eyeing her with evil intent.


" Why do I get the feeling you're not here to welcome me ... " Evil-Lyn stated as she slowly began to back away.


With a roar that shook the dream world to it's very foundation. The mysterious lion rushed the Eternian witch, causing her to run frantically back through the gates and onto the open field.


< Why can't I ever catch a break?! Trouble even follows me in my dreams! ... >


But her troubles would only get worse. For as soon as she took one step unto the field, her feet became struck, as if the ground were suddenly glue.


< What the?! >


Evil-Lyn twisted and turned trying to break free. She even tried using her magic, but soon found it too was completely useless.


< Blast! Done in by a blasted dream?! I finally thought I would finally be happy and now I'm about to die in my sleep! …>


Evil-Lyn instantly turned around looking for the strange beast, realizing in the time she was struggling to free herself it should of already been upon her. But to her surprise and great joy, the creature had disappeared without a trace. But her joy was short lived as she suddenly felt heavy breathing on the back of her neck. Slowly she turned around, silently hoping it was the wind.


To her shock, a giant, seventy foot tall, golden ape like creature was now standing before her. Evil-Lyn looked up at the beast with a mixture of fear and awe. Never before had she seen such a beast and the site of him took her breath away.


" What in the … -- "


Evil-Lyn stopped as the strange beast gave a roar that seemed to pierce to her very soul. But yet, she was no longer afraid. Strange as it seemed, the monsters roar seemed to have a calming effect on her. It made her feel protected, strangely bold, alive, and full of confidence. Her heart began to beat out of her chest as she continued to gaze upon it. A feeling of familiarity swept over her. That nagged at her that the beast was something she had met before.


< But that's impossible … I would definitely remember a creature such as this … >


The giant creature continued to roar and beat it's chest, exuding superiority and dominance. With every stomp of its massive feet, the ground shook violently, causing the beautiful field to break apart as if a earthquake was hitting the area.


Evil-Lyn began to panic at the monster's awesome display of power. She was scared everything would be destroyed, including herself if it didn't stop soon. As if on cue two lionesses appeared by the creature's feet. One was the same yellow lion that was chasing her before, and the other was a purple lion which reminded her a little of Skeletor's pet panther, Panthor.


Both felines began to rub against the gigantic creatures feet, while purring affectionately. Even though each were no bigger then one of it's toes, the strange beast began to settle down, seeming to feel the lionesses show of affection. Within moments, the golden beast was completely calm and sitting quietly on the ground. It reached down with its giant hands and gently picked up both cats, one in each hand. Then using its thumbs, the beast began to gently stroke both down their entire bodies.


But the tranquil scene didn't last long once the two lions caught site of each other. They both began to snarl, and looked poised to attack the other at any moment. Within seconds they both jumped simultaneously with teeth baring and claws fully extended. They met with a series of roars and tearing sounds as they were literally trying to rip each other apart. After a minute of viciously trying to kill each other. The giant ape grabbed them both by their tales, separating the two. He held one in each of his giant hands, but even that didn't curtail their anger towards each other as they continued to snarl menacingly at one other.


< That is strange ... A monkey showing affection towards lion's? And on top of that the two lionesses seem to enjoy it, almost like they loved the creature.But I wonder why they hate each other so much? One minute they're working together to help calm him, and then they're trying to rip each other's throat out. This dream, vision or whatever this is just doesn't make any sense. >


A sudden chill and a feeling of dread suddenly gripped Evil-Lyn's heart. She looked up towards the sky and saw a mass of large, black, cumulous clouds beginning to gather overhead. The clouds blanketed the entire area, making it seem like a storm was on the way. But instead of a storm, two pair of red eyes appeared from within the clouds.


" What the heck are those? "


Without warning eight giant legs, resembling a spiders, came from out of the clouds. A few seconds later the rest of the creature's body followed, revealing a giant all black tarantula like monster. As soon as the giant ape saw the spider creature it let out another earth shaking roar. The two lionesses looked at the creature with anger, especially the purple one who began to snarl and looked like it wanted to go over and attack the giant spider.


The spider creature was just as tall as the golden ape and walked up to it with boldness. Using the voice of a man, it started to utter curses and taunts, sounding like it was trying to get the golden ape to attack it. Evil-Lyn was terrified given her present location. She was situated in-between the mammoth monsters and knew she would be trampled unless freed from her restraints. As if the ground could hear her thoughts, Evil-Lyn found she could freely walk again and quickly ran for her life. The Eternian witch ran like a scolded dog, until an enormous gust of wind knocked her to the ground. She instantly turned back, to find the monsters were already engaged in battle.


The spider creature had all it's arms wrapped around the golden ape, trying to hold the mighty beast still, while it tried to deliver a poisonous bite to its neck. But as the monster neared, with its fangs dripping with venom, both the lionesses jumped from off the ape's massive shoulders and bore the brunt of the spiders attack. The two fell lifelessly to the ground. Both laid motionless, each with a deep wound, which spanned the length of their bodies.


The golden beast roared in anger upon seeing their condition. Using its tremendous strength it pried the spider creatures arms from around its body and flung the giant arachnid to the ground violently. The ground shook violently as the impact caused a huge crater to form. But the giant ape wasn't done as it began to pound the fallen monster over and over again with its gigantic fists. The ape's body exploded in a brilliant golden aura as it continued to pound away, giving no sign it planned on stopping anytime soon. Within minutes the golden ape had reduced the spider creature to mere ashes. But even though its enemy was soundly defeated, it still continued to grow angrier as the minutes continued to pass. With another mighty roar, the dream world began to shake violently. Evil-Lyn looked on in horror as the world began to literally fall apart. The ground, the castle, even the very skies were breaking like glass pieces as the giant beast continued to roar with anger.


" No!! " Were the last words she uttered as the golden aura that was around the giant monkey glowed an even brighter gold, and engulfed her, the fallen lionesses and the entire world in a brilliant light that was even brighter then the sun.


<><><><>


Evil-Lyn snapped her eyes open and was stunned to find the world had turned green. She began to panic, especially when she found she was now floating in a large cylinder like object, wearing an oxygen mask and had various thin cables attached to her naked body. She began to pound on the glass incasing, hoping to free herself from within its confines. Minutes, which seemed liked hours passed, with her finding no escape from her alleged 'prison'.


< What the heck is going on?! …First that dream now this …-- >


" Hello evil lady! " Asho barked out.


The young dragon continued to stare at Evil-Lyn as she stopped pounding the glass, and gave him a bewildered look.


" A-Asho? … " Evil-Lyn asked.


" Yes, evil lady. " He said merrily.


" Asho! Do you know where were at and why I'm in here?! "


" Monster put you in. He said you were hurt and you would be better if he put you inside. "


" Monster? … " Asked a confused Evil-Lyn.


" Yes, evil lady, monster with tail. "


Evil-Lyn then remembered her first time meeting Asho. And how odd it was to her that Kakarotto had a dragon for a pet and even stranger, it kept on calling its owner monster. She had asked him at the time why that was so, but he just smiled at her and said not to worry about it; that most higher intellect animals regard humans as monsters instead of themselves. She didn't by the excuse, but didn't push the issue farther given she was a guest in his home and he had been so kind to her that she really didn't care why.


" So you're saying Kakarotto put me in here? "


" Monster put you in evil lady, he said after you get better, then we will go looking for mommy and daddy. So hurry and get better! " He screamed in excitement.


" My name is Evil-Lyn you beast! And what do you mean by go looking for mommy and daddy? "


" He's talking about a promise I made to him … " Kakarotto stated as he came walking into the infirmary room of his capsule house.


He walked up to the rejuvenation chamber and started pressing a few buttons on the small rectangular control panel. A few seconds later the greenish liquid started to drain out of the chamber, leaving a soggy, and extremely embarrassed Eternian witch, who quickly covered all of her private parts to stave off any more embarrassment. Kakarotto gave a smirk at her shyness, before handing her the towel that was draped over his shoulder.


Evil-Lyn quickly took the towel and covered herself. She then took the oxygen mask off and stepped out of the chamber. Asho was absolutely ecstatic seeing her step out and quickly went up to Kakarotto asking him if it was time to go find his parents.


" Not yet Asho, but soon, very, very soon ... " Kakarotto said as he petted the young dragon on the head.


" Go play outside in the snow. There are something's I need to discuss with Evelyn ... "


" Then we go and find mommy and daddy, monster? "


" Yes ... now go play. "


To his command, Asho happily galloped out of the room, leaving Evil-Lyn and Kakarotto completely alone.


" Why does he call you monster? " Evil-Lyn asked suspiciously, as she had the feeling the little dragon could see something about Kakarotto that she couldn't.


" No particular reason ... How are you feeling? " He said trying to quickly change the subject.


Evil-Lyn's suspicion grew even more as she clearly saw through his attempt to avoid her question.


" I'm fine ... What is this thing you put me in? " She asked pointing towards the rejuvenation chamber. Deciding at a later time to push the 'monster' issue.


" That's a rejuvenation chamber Evelyn. It heals serious injuries like the senzu beans do, except it takes much longer. After your fight, I thought it best to put you in ... "


" I see ... how long was I in there for? "


" A week. " He said flatly.


Evil-Lyn was shocked to find out she was incapacitated for that long a time and began to question Kakarotto as to why he put her in there instead of just using a senzu bean.


" Given that days events, I thought you could use a long peaceful sleep. I'm sure you haven't had a stress free sleep in years, so I sought to give you one. " He said with a warm smile.


" Really? ... Are you sure there wasn't another reason? ... " Evil-Lyn said as she moved closer to him.


The two were now inches away from each other. Evil-Lyn looked up into his coal black eyes all the while giving him a mischievous smile. Moving her right hand up to her chest, she started to slowly undo her towel.


" No Evelyn ... " Kakarotto said as he quickly grabbed her hand.


" Why? ... All I want to do is say thank you for saving my life ... " Evil-Lyn said looking at him hungrily.


Kakarotto's hormones began to flare up as he saw her ravenous look. Like before her fight with Skeletor's minions, Kakarotto could smell her pheromones and the scent was driving him crazy.


" You know how I feel towards you ... let me show you how much ... " She said seductively.


" Stop it Evelyn before you end up ... -- "


" Before I end up what, pregnant? I've already come to the conclusion that will happen sooner or later anyway. Regardless of whether you take me as your bride or not, I will bare you a child Kakarotto. So why not be with me now? ... I'll breed you an army if need be, just be with me ... " She said slowly moving her lips closer to his.


Kakarotto paused and considered her statement. Indeed she might bare his child some day, but now wasn't the time he intended for that. Evil-Lyn was pushing some very dangerous buttons with him sexually, ones where she could end up severely hurt.


" Stop it Evelyn, unless you want to end up 'broken' ... you have no idea what I can do to you Evelyn, absolutely no idea ... " He said pushing her away gently.


" Broken? ... " She asked a bit timid, as her heart was instantly gripped with fear at his statement.


" Yes, Evelyn 'broken' ... " He stated calmly, as he walked out of the infirmary and attempted to go upstairs into the gravity room part of his temporary home. In the hope some exercise will help to calm his hormones.


" No, wait! " Evil-Lyn called as she came running up behind him.


Kakarotto turned to face her with a hard stare. Evil-Lyn's heart was at first gripped with fear, but she quickly gathered her courage and refused to give into his intimidation.


" Okay … then break me … Ravish my body and make me yours. Just like you did to my heart ... " She said dropping her towel.


Evil-Lyn then pressed her body firmly against his and tried to reach up for a kiss. Kakarotto gazed upon her naked form, trying to resist the ravenous lust, which was building up inside his heart. He hadn't had a woman since the death of his wife Chi-Chi. He missed the feel of a naked woman against his own flesh. He missed the raw animalistic passion of making love to a person, and the share thrill he felt dominating a woman.


" You don't really know me Evelyn, so how can you say I've ravished your heart? "


" I … I really don't know. But you are in my heart and it belongs to you now. Do with me as you wish ... my master … " Evil-Lyn said, as she placed a small kiss on his lips, then began to gently kiss neck.


Kakarotto's lust blazed in his heart like a forest fire. Grabbing her by the hair, he lifted her a foot off the ground and then forcefully pinned her against the wall.


" Do with me as you wish my master ... I believe that's what you said, right? " He said softly as his tail unwrapped from around his waste and slowly worked it's way up her thigh.


" Yes ... " Evil-Lyn said terrified as she saw the ravenous look he was giving her.

Kakarotto's eyes were now glowing red as his Saya-jin savagery was in full effect.


" Good ...-- "


<< Remember, you will only make matters worse if you sleep with Evelyn. Not only for the reasons I mentioned before, but also the pledge you made at your inauguration as King, to uphold yourself before Patamowos in a manner worthy of his chosen servant. Also, remember how women who carry themselves loosely are viewed on Vimoche. If you don't resist her now, she will only become worse, and will be viewed with contempt by all. And lastly, if Evelyn were found with child after returning to Vimoche, Seih … -- >>


< I know … Seih would be devastated, and may never forgive me. >


<< Right, so for hers, Evelyn's, and for that unborn child she wants to bare sake, resist her. >>


" Evelyn ... I'm sorry but we can't do this ... " He said putting her gently back on the ground.


" No! I don't care if I end up hurt. I'm not scared ... " She said obviously lying, as her body was trembling slightly.


Kakarotto didn't respond. He knew he needed to get away from her for a while to fully calm himself. So once again he tried to go up the staircase and into the gravity room, but was stopped as Evil-Lyn tackled him from behind.


" Evelyn, stop! You're not a whore, so stop acting like one! " He said as he turned in her grasp and pushed her down to the ground.


" How am I?! Showing my affection doesn't mean I'm some cheap slut! She snapped back angrily.


" I never said you were Evelyn. Just your behavior is of one. Look, I know you're grateful for what I've done for you. But you don't have to show it in this manner. "


" Then how am I suppose to show you my gratitude, by shaking you hand? " She said sarcastically as she picked herself up off of the floor.


" Thank me in whatever fashion you like, just make sure it doesn't reduce you to the level of a dog. " He said right before walking up the small spiral staircase and into the gravity room.


Evil-Lyn watched him leave with a heavy heart. She walked over to where her towel lay and picked it up and wrapped it back around her body. A few seconds later she slumped down to the ground, sitting with her knees to her chest and her head buried in them.


< Perhaps Skeletor is right. Maybe I am useless when it comes to satisfying men. Perhaps all I am destined to be is a second rate power hungering Sorceress. >


Two hours passed with Evil-Lyn remaining in the same position on the floor. She thought about going into Kakarotto's sleeping chamber which was the door to the right of where she was sitting. But decided against doing so given she didn't want him to get the wrong idea and think lower of her then she thought he already did.


The sound of a door sliding open caused Evil-Lyn to stir slightly, as she knew it could be only one person. Kakarotto calmly walked down the spiral staircase, sweaty and bare chested from a light workout in two thousand times normal gravity. A workout that was solely designed to help him work off some of his 'frustrations'. He stopped at the base of the stairs and looked down at Evil-Lyn with a twinge of pity.


" I have to be with you Kakarotto, to live to breathe, I cannot live without you ... You are in my very soul tormenting me! How I wish I could go back to being cold and heartless! With no other care then gaining power and my own well being! But ... I can no longer do that. Now all I want is to be next to you regardless of the price ... Who are you? No one has ever effected me like this before ... " She said looking up at him with eyes that were bloodshot from crying. "


<< I don't know what to say ... >>


< Yeah ... >


" I did not know you felt this strongly towards me .. " Kakarotto wanted to say more, but truly had no idea what else to say.


" What did you think my feelings were, a crush? " She asked sarcastically.


" Yes I did ... but I see I was greatly mistaken. "


Kakarotto then bent down and sat cross-legged, so he was eye to eye with Evil-Lyn. Taking his left hand, he began to gently stroke her cheek affectionately, all the while giving her a warm smile. Evil-Lyn seemed to melt into his touch. Like a kitten affectionately rubbing up against its owner, she rubbed against his hand in the same fashion.


" I will do anything, and will give up everything to have you ... " Evil-Lyn said as she buried her head into his chiseled chest and once again began to silently cry.


<< Remember what I said about being prepared for hell on earth between her an Seih? >>


< Yeah ... >


<<Well, be prepared for far ... far worse then that. >>


<><><><>


In the Palace Infirmary the Sorceress continued to receive treatment for her battered and bruised body suffered at the hands of her former champion, Prince Adam. Two days had passed since the incidence and she still lay unconscious with no sign of change in her condition.


Teela sat by her mother's bedside, as the nurse tended to the wound on her leg. The young captain remembered the doctor's words saying that the leg almost had to be amputated, but fortunately they managed to save it. She said a silent prayer, thanking whatever force that showed mercy on her mother.


< But is she really my mother like Adam said? ... I definitely see a resemblance, but that bastard could have been lying to me in an attempt to try and hurt me. Besides if she were my mother why wouldn't she of said anything all these years? ... Or why would father not say anything? ...>


A few more minutes passed with Teela just sitting there contemplating those questions. When she first arrived back with the Sorceress, she wanted to confront her father and ask him if the things Adam told her were true. But given the seriousness of her mother's condition, she decided to wait for a more opportune time to bring up the issue. But, the young captain did not fail to mention the aggressive way Adam had treated her and also what the Sorceress had told her before she blacked out.


< I still don't know if I believe it was Adam that destroyed Grayskull ... could he of gotten that powerful? ... And even if he has become that powerful, it's still just an impossible thing to consider, especially when he was defending it with his life for so long. Maybe she was delusional because of her injuries? Maybe it was Skeletor, or King Hiss ...-- >


The sound of light groaning broke Teela away from her thoughts and back on her mother. The Sorceress was beginning to stir in the medical bed, causing the nurse to quickly run out of the room calling for the doctors. Within seconds the former resident of Grayskull opened her eyes to the happy, and relieved look of her only child.


" W-Where am I? ... " She said weakly.


" You're in the Palace Infirmary Sorceress. I brought you here after finding you in Grayskull's rubble ... "


" Grayskull? ... " The Sorceress gave her daughter a confused look as she genuinely had no idea what Teela was talking about.


" Yes Sorceress Grayskull, don't you remember? I found you lying on top of the rubble, seriously injured and rushed you to the Palace. " Teela stated as she gently took her mothers hand.


" You must remember, you mumbled something about he has the orb, we must stop him and also something about Adam right before you passed out. "


At the mention of Adam's name the Sorceresses memory seemed to be jogged and she looked up at her daughter with a horrified expression.


" A-Adam ...he stole the orb ... -- "


" No Sorceress, Adam would never do that. What reason would he have? You must be mistaken. " Teela said gently.


" He plans to give it to Skeletor ... Something about bringing ultimate peace to Eternia. He has gone mad Teela, his new power has blinded him, he believes he is now all-powerful. That nothing on Eternia, or in this Universe can harm him. He must be stopped before he causes anymore harm Teela ... "


Teela just sat there in a state of shock. Her mother's words hit her like a ton of bricks and she had no idea of how to reply. But fortunately for her, Man-At-Arm's chose that time to enter the room. Teela looked up and gave her surrogate father a sigh of relief, hoping that now maybe both of them could get to the bottom of what's going on.


<><><><>


In the confines of his master's room, Cringer slept peacefully, but yet with a silent anticipation for his master's return. The young tiger was worried for his master. Ever since he had returned to Eternia Cringer noticed he smelled different. Not in the sense of having an offensive body odor, but more so he could smell his master's gentleness was almost completely gone.


Even as He-Man, Adam retained a gentleness, which prevented him from inflicting the type of damage or proper punishment some of his enemies deserved. But now Cringer sensed harshness and aggression. But yet he wasn't concerned with being hurt, as Adam never showed the slightest bit of ill will towards him.


A sudden shift in the air caused Cringer to open his eyes as he now found himself looking up at his smiling master. Adam sat down on the end of his bed and began to scratch the back of his pet's head. Cringer began to purr softly showing he appreciated Adam's kind gesture. But Adam's smile quickly faded as he contemplated what soon might be taking place in the land he loved so much.


" Boy … looks like after today you might be the only friend I have left here on Eternia … " Adam stated solemnly, as he stopped scratching Cringer's head.


Cringer gave a look of sadness as he could sense his master's pain. He tried rubbing his head up against Adam's leg, in an attempt to try and make his master feel better.


" Listen to me Cringer. Something's may happen soon that will leave you greatly confused. I may have to do things … that I don't want to, but may have to in order to have any chance of a lasting peace on Eternia. "


The green striped tiger looked up at his master with confusion. Now was one of the times he wished he could talk, so they could communicate better.


" I want you to be brave and trust me regardless of what you see or hear. Can you do this boy? … Please … "


Adam's sad look nearly broke Cringer's animal heart. He didn't understand what was going on but during his master's two-day absence. He had been hearing rumors about the destruction of Castle Grayskull and of all things Adam being responsible. He didn't know if Grayskull's destruction was true, but even if it was, he couldn't imagine Adam of all people being responsible given all the battle's they had gone through to protect it.


Cringer gave his master a nod, indicating he would support him with whatever trouble, or difficulty he was going through.


" Yeah … thanks boy. Look's like it will be just us from now on … "


<><><><>


" Duncan ... you can't expect me to believe that! ... My son would never side with Skeletor! " King Randor stated emphatically.


" Your Majesty, I know it's hard to believe. But Adam has changed … so it is possible … -- "


" No it's not! I know he's different … but my son would never destroy Grayskull or even think of siding with someone he hates with all his might! Why Duncan, why would he possibly do such things?! … " The King stated passionately.


" I … I don't know … " Man-At-Arms stated sadly as his heart was heavy with sorrow and confusion.


" The Sorceress is confident it was Adam your Majesties. She has no reason to lie … but I will admit it is nearly impossible to believe her story. But Adam's sudden disappearance doesn't help to prove his innocence. If he were here, then maybe we could get to the bottom of this. But his absence is quite condemning … "


" Condemning? … I will not believe my son is responsible for such a heinous act … not without proof. "


" But his disappearance is proof in a sense your Highness. He might of had something to do with Grayskull's destruction even if he weren't the person directly responsible for it. "


Marlena looked at Man-At-Arms with silent anger, that he would even consider her son was responsible for the destruction of the planets most historic landmark. As a mother she couldn't fathom the idea her precise and gentle child, could do such a thing.


" What do you mean Duncan? Any so called 'proof' would obviously be fabricated. You know Adam is not capable of doing such a thing … "


The King gave his wife an unsure look as he was beginning to have doubts about his son's innocence. The more he thought on the issue, the more Adam being responsible was making more sense. His son was definitely different after returning to Eternia. So much so Randor wondered if indeed Kakarotto did more then just physical training on him.


" I want to believe Adam is innocent Queen Marlena, and I will until solid proof comes about that will prove him guilty. But the circumstantial evidence is at the very least worth investigating. The Sorceresses testimony has to be taken into consideration ... - "


" What do I care what some strange hallucinating witch thinks?! My son … -- "


" Forgive me for interrupting you your Highness. But even though she was half dead when Teela found her, the Sorceress is completely coherent now and maintains it was Adam. I spent over two hours listening to and asking her questions. Nothing in what the Sorceress said indicates she's lying. As I said, I wish Adam were here so this whole situation could possibly be resolved. "

" M-Maybe we shouldn't completely dismiss Duncan's words. Our son is different Marlena ... Being with Kakarotto might have twisted his mind …" Randor stated solemnly.


Randor flinched under the piercing stare of his wife. She could not believe that he so quickly was changing his mind about their son's innocence, considering only a few minutes ago he so passionately was defending him.


" What are you saying Randor? … " The Queen stated in a low but deadly tone.


" Please be calm my dear, I'm not saying he's guilty. It's just that he is different after being with this Kakarotto person for so long. Three years is a long time, and in that time some of Kakarotto's ways may have rubbed off on our son. Before he disappeared this latest time, you did tell me you were getting a bit worried about him. "


" I said that only because he seemed a bit quiet lately … not that he was somehow a threat to Eternia like that evil brother of yours. " Marlena spat back sarcastically.


Randor sighed as he picked up on his wife's sarcasm. He fought off the spiteful urge of responding in the same manner, as he didn't want an enormous fight to occur. Lately he noticed their relationship was becoming a bit strained. His wife's over protectiveness of their son, and his own over critiquing, were butting heads like two large male bison.


" Okay ... but still ... -- "


At the moment he was going to respond, the doors to the throne room opened and in walked Adam accompanied by an ever nervous looking Cringer. The heir apparent walked up to his surprised parents all the time sporting a strange smile. He stopped before their thrones and stood next to his former mentor Man-At-Arms.


" I need to ask a request of you father … " Adam asked in a eerily calm manner.


" A request? ... Before I grant any request, you must first explain where you disappeared to for the last couple of days. "


" I will ... but first I need you to grant me a favor father. Please ... "


Randor looked into his son's eyes and could see the longing for him to agree with his request. And like most father's who see their child in such a state he quickly broke down and decided to hear what Adam wanted to ask.


" Anything my son … just ask … " Randor said as he looked on his son with confusion.


" Thank you father … I need you to pull all of the troops you stationed around the Ice Dragons location. Ask them all to report back to the Royal Palace. "


" What?! … " Randor, Marlena, and Man-At-Arms said in unison.


" Are you mad Adam?! If I do that then Skeletor will release those monsters and bring an icy hell upon this world. Why would you even consider … -- " Randor stopped himself as he saw his son's strange smile grow even larger.


" No … you can't be in league with Skeletor! You can't Adam, you can't! " Randor stated emphatically, as he seemed to be in a state of disbelief.


" In league? … He is nothing more then a pawn father ... A pawn to bring about ultimate peace on Eternia ... "


Randor froze upon his throne as his son spoke those words. They were the same words Man-At-Arms told him the Sorceress said Adam had spoken to her as his reason for wanting the Orb containing the power of the Elders.


" I-I can't believe the Sorceress was right about you? ... Why would you destroy Grayskull and side with Skeletor ... Why Adam why? ... " The Queen stated as she was on the verge of tears.


" Mother ... I said before that Skeletor is merely a pawn. One whose usefulness will quickly come to an end. As for Grayskull, that was merely an unfortunate casualty ... But sometimes to achieve a certain goal, somethings must be sacrificed in order to achieve it ... "


Marlena began to openly weep after Adam's small speech. His father continued to sit there too stunned to talk and Man-At-Arms stared at the young Prince with a look of utter disbelief. Adam seeing their responses, sighed heavily, and walked to a nearby window. He gazed out admiring the beautiful architecture of his home. He then turned his attention towards the sky as he heard a small rumbling, an indication a storm was on it's way.


For the next twenty minutes Adam watched in silence as the rain drops began to fall blanketing the Palace in an afternoon storm. He saw now why Kakarotto loved the rain. Even though the skies were gloomy, the sound of the rain hitting against the ground and also the cool light breeze blowing in his face, seemed to have a strange calming effect. And the young Heir needed all the support he could muster as he needed to say something else that would change his relationship with everyone and frankly change Eternia forever.


" So father ... is your answer still no to my request? ... " Adam stated in an emotionless manner.


Adam kept his back towards everyone as he asked the question. His emotions and thoughts were going crazy, wondering if what he was about to do if his father said no, were the right thing.


" I ... I can't Adam ... not even for my own son will I sacrifice Eternia ... What has happened to you? ... What did that madman do to you? ... " The King stated sadly.


" Do not blame teacher ... he is not responsible for my change father. "


" What then?! What has bewitched you?! " The Queen asked in-between sobs.


" Please mother, your tears are breaking my heart ... nothing has bewitched me. I've just come to realize things need to change on our beloved home if it is to survive."


" Survive? ... " Man-At-Arms asked.


" Yes Duncan survive. Eternia is a beautiful and bountiful place, but it is also a place besieged by the likes of Skeletor, King Hiss and other parasitic elements. They all thirst for one thing and one thing only, power ... So, I've decided to deal with these parasites by taking away what they all crave. "


" What do you mean? You gave the biggest 'parasite' what he desires most. How are you taking it away Adam? ... " Man-At-Arms asked.


To his question, Adam smiled. Tensing slightly, his body became encased in blue flame like aura. Everyone including the guards became startled, especially when the entire Palace felt like it was shaking. Adam's energy filled the entire room, causing it to take on a bluish hue. Small cracks were beginning to form on the floors and walls from his display of power.


" Adam stop, or you will shake the entire Palace apart!! " Man-At-Arms screamed.


At his request Adam stopped powering up, much to the relief of everyone in the room. He continued to stand by the window, staring out at the gloomy skies with a small smile.


" That is how I'm taking it away … " Adam said arrogantly.


" So the Sorceress was right, you do believe you're all-powerful ... -- "


" No, no, don't say such a blasphemous thing father. Not even teacher is all-powerful. That title belongs to the God of gods and the creator of everything that is seen, and also that which is unseen, Lord Patamowos and him alone. But for this task, I'm more then adequately powered, as I hope you all have seen … "


" You may be powerful Adam, but you're also mad. Underestimating Skeletor, or any evil for that fact may leave you dead … and Eternia along with you. " Randor replied.


" You have no idea how powerful I have become father, absolutely no idea … I give my word Eternia will not perish, I will stake my life on that … -- " Adam stopped as the rest of the Masters came bursting through the throne room doors.


" Well, looks like everyone has arrived. I guess this day wouldn't of been truly momentous without a captive audience. " Adam said with a light chuckle.


The heroes of Eternia had come seeking to see if the King and Queen were all right after the sudden 'earthquake', but were caught off guard as they saw Adam standing by the window with a strange smile on his lips.


" Father …With his new power, Skeletor can easily wipeout the men you have stationed. Leaving them there will only bring about pointless deaths. So knowing this will you still leave them their to die? ... "


" If that is what's required to protect Eternia then yes ... Regardless of the danger, those monsters must not be set free! "


The Master's, except for Man-At-Arms looked bewildered, as they had no idea what was going on. The Queen was crying and both the King and Man-At-Arms looked visibly upset.


" I see ... " Adam said sadly, as her turned to face everyone.


He looked at each of the Master's; Ram-Man, Stratos, Buzz-Off, Cyclone, Man-E-Faces, Mekanek, Orko, Man-At-Arms and last but not least his estranged love Teela, and allowed a small smile to creep onto his face.


" In that case, you leave me with no other choice then to seize control of the throne for a short time father ... Effective from now, I ... am King of Eternia ... "


<><><><><><><><> ;


A/N: I flirted with continuing the scene, but we all need some suspense from time to time, don't we? :) Adam's coup d'etat will be continued in the next chapter. Lets just say the apparent change of leadership will be met with some resistance. As always I hope people enjoyed the chapter . :)