Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Price Of Power ❯ Chapter: 15 ( Chapter 17 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Price Of Power
 
“ Speech “
` Thoughts `
(( Inward voice ))
() Telepathy ()
 
A/N: Hi all :) All I will say is that a lot of you will find this chapter quite interesting. :) Enjoy!!
 
Chapter: Fifteen
 
-------------------------------------------------
 
The pain coursing through her body was unbearable. Teela's screams could be heard for miles, as her body felt like it was going to be ripped apart. The Masters quickly picked up their pace as her agonizing cries echoed in their ears. Each one now cursed themselves inwardly for agreeing to Adam's proposal. But none more then Man-At-Arms, who was barely conscious, but running for all he's worth, woozy and disoriented towards his daughter. Sy-Klone and Buzz-Off followed along side him, each sharing extra portions of guilt at their inability to defeat Adam's clone.
 
“H-hurry everyone! We must save T-Teela ...” Man-At-Arms stated as he leaned onto his brother Fisto's shoulder for support while they ran towards the palace.
 
() You must hurry Man-At-Arms! You must hurry before he kills her! () The former protector of Grayskull screamed as she sounded to be on the verge of tears.
 
' Sorceress, what is he doing to her?! '
 
() I-I ... don't know ... But whatever it is will kill her soon if he's not stopped! Please Duncan ... please ... I-I can't lose her again ... not like this! ... ()
 
Teela's screams suddenly came over the telepathic link, nearly causing Man-At-Arms eardrums to rupture. What sounded like a war cry soon followed over the link, followed after that by the Sorceress screaming something to Zodak about combining their powers. As soon as Man-At-Arms heard Zodak's name he immediately ordered everyone to move faster, realizing the situation must be much worse then he feared if the last Zodakian chose to make an appearance.
 
Six minutes passed before the Masters finally arrived outside the palace gates. Adam sensing their approach immediately increased the power of the shield protecting himself and Teela. A little insurance he thought, to make sure nothing interrupted him until he was finished.
 
` Well ... looks like everyone has arrived, guess it's now time'
 
The Masters just stood there horrified at what was before them. Adam seemed to be slowly killing Teela as she hung in midair enclosed in a blueish bubble of energy. A dome shaped shield covered them both, as the now completely healed Sorceress, and Zodak were both expelling large amounts of magical energy trying to break inside.
 
“What are you all doing?!! Help me break through this shield!!” The Sorceress screamed in a rage.
 
“Don't be mad at them, their reaction is to be expected,” Adam said as he gave the Sorceress a wry look
 
“You ... ungrateful traitorous bastard, let my daughter go!!” Teela'na screamed giving Adam a look filled with hate.
 
“Spear me your theatrics woman. For as many times I saved your neck, I think you owe me more respect then that. If it weren't for me, yourself and Eternia would of been conquered long ago.“
 
“True… but look at you now! The Adam I chose to be champion of Grayskull would never risk the innocent people of Eternia for the sake of his own pride!” The Sorceress stated with contempt.
 
In response Adam began to chuckle, then in a surprise move lowered Teela back to the ground, but still kept the shield surrounding them both. The instant her feet hit the ground, the young captain's knees quickly gave way, causing her to crumple to the ground, while clutching her ailing body.
 
“I guess you will also say the Adam you use to know would never hurt the woman he loves, like how you're torturing Teela now. Or how my morals are gone and only a self centered tyrannical demon remains? Is that what you think of me Sorceress, is that what you think I have become?”
 
Teela'na looked down at her broken daughter, and then glared back at Adam with a look, which exuded nothing but pure hate.
 
“Why the look? … Two months ago, you certainly didn't have that attitude …” Adam said giving her a wink and a slight smirk.
 
“Two months ago you were still a champion, a hero worthy of all the honor and respect myself and the people of Eternia bestowed upon you. But …--“
 
“I wasn't talking about that! Think hard guardian … think very hard and you will figure about what I meant.”
 
The Sorceress gave him a strange look. She started to search her memory for any outstanding events, which took place within the last two months. In hope of figuring out what her former champion was referring to.
 
“If you have a hard time remembering. Just think back, to after a certain fight and victory against Skeletor. Outside the gates of Grayskull you called me in to congratulate me after the other Masters had left …Remember what happened, or I should say what almost happened after that? …” he said giving her a mischievous grin.
 
Once seeing his look, Teela'na's memory was instantly jarred. A shocked, nervous expression soon appeared on the Sorceresses face, causing everyone to turn their attention towards her in a questioning manner.
 
“I told you that was nothing more then a mistake! ...”
 
“Really? … It definitely didn't seem so at the time. To my recollection, you were quite eager ... to show me your gratitude for saving the day once again.”
 
Now everyone including Teela, glared between the Sorceress and Adam in utter disbelief. They all picked up on what Adam was trying to imply, and his statement left them so stunned the area suddenly became like a tomb as everyone tried to absorb what was said.
 
“Please … Please tell me you're joking …” Teela said as she was now able to force her ailing body into a kneeling position.
 
Adam looked down at his love with a small smile. He slowly shook his head, indicating something Teela never even dreamed of was indeed true. Teela turned her gaze away and looked down at the ground. She refused to believe what Adam was implying was the truth. Another trick was what she thought/hoped he was trying to pull. But another look back at him quickly put aside any notion that he was once again trying to play with her mind.
 
“You ... You! ...” Teela said as she glared at her mother.
 
“Calm down Teela, and listen to ...--”
 
“Shutup!!” Teela screamed as her body suddenly exploded in a blaze of blueish energy.
 
Everyone except for Adam who was smiling, looked on in shock as Teela slowly raised herself off the ground, while glaring at her mother with a look that could melt steel.
 
“What have you done to her?!” The Sorceress asked nervously as she could feel the power pulsating from inside her estranged daughter.
 
“Unlike the rest of you ... I'm helping her to understand me and why I'm doing all of this. For what better way is there to understand someone then to walk a mile in their shoes, as the saying goes.”
 
“Y-you transferred some of your power to her?... Are you insane Adam?! Her body cannot possibly handle that type of strain,” stated Zodak.
 
“Don't you think I know that? That's why I fused those rings into her flesh, so they could act as stabilizers.”
 
“Stabilizers or not, she may never be the same physically because of what you've done.”
 
“She will be fine ... if I weren't one hundred percent sure of her safety, do you honestly think I would of gone through with it? You all may think I'm crazy, but at least give me enough credit that I wouldn't forfeit the life of the woman I love.”
 
In response, Zodak let out a deep sigh. Indicting he didn't agree with the young princes assessment of the situation.
 
“Y-you gave me some of your power? ...” asked a shocked Teela.
 
“Yes ... “Adam said turning his attention towards his confused love.
 
The young prince tried to give her a reassuring smile. He knew she must be scared, anyone would be after hearing his conversation with Zodak.
 
() I want you to relax as best you can. Try to clear your mind, use the medication techniques Duncan showed you. If you don't have control of the power I've given you, it will drive you mad, to the point where you will kill or want to kill everyone ... ()
 
“So why in that God you believe in name did you give it to me? ...” she said with a nervous look.
 
() As I told you before I did it, and as I just said to Zodak. You must understand me ... I guarantee Teela, that after today you will have a different outlook on me and my actions up to this point. ()
 
“That's if I'm still alive ...” she said with a dejected look.
 
The young captain still looked at her love, nervous and scared over what he had done to her. The suppose danger he was exposing herself and everyone to, plagued her thoughts. It didn't make any sense in her mind. Why, was the word that kept on echoing over and over again in her mind. Why he would use such an apparently dangerous method all in the attempt to supposedly have her understand him.
 
() Walk a mile in someone else's shoes ... but we'll discuss this later. Destiny calls ... ()
 
Teela was about to ask what he meant by his last statement, but its meaning soon came to her as she heard the voice of the Sorceress calling her. Adam lowered the shield, deciding it was time mother and daughter made up. But the look and vibe coming from Teela gave the impression she had no intention of making up with the person who in her mind abandoned her and her responsibility.
 
“Teela ... do not listen to him. He's just trying to manipulate you into doing his will, like that monster he calls teacher. Please listen to me ... Fight whatever he's done to you. The Adam you knew, that we all knew is no more. Only this, this thing is left. You can trust nothing he says to you, nothing.”
 
“And I can trust you?! The mother whom all of a sudden shows back up in my life, begging me to forgive her! Telling me how I came about because she acted like a dog in heat. Then after realizing you had to pay a price for satisfying your carnal urges, you abandoned me ... leaving me like a wild animal to fend for myself! And now ... Y-you even slept with Ad ...--”
 
“That is not true! I gave myself to no one after your father! Do not believe Adam's tricks ...--”
 
Suddenly, the aura surrounding Teela flared with even more ferocity. The Sorceress began to feel very uneasy. Even though she was sure Teela wouldn't try to attack her. The look coming from her daughter was one which looked like she wanted to snap her neck.
 
“So you were a faithful whore to a man whose name you didn't even know. Your words to me are worth less then a swamp beast's excretion!”
 
“Teela! How can you even say search a thing?! She is your mother. Regardless of her past failures … you have to show her the respect of one!” Man-At-Arms said in anger and disappointment over his adopted daughters disrespectful behavior.
 
“Well, well, the accomplice speaks. How long did you plan on keeping the truth from me father? ...” Teela said giving her surrogate father a hard stare.
 
Man-At-Arms was caught completely off guard by her question. He hesitated, knowing any form of the truth would further fuel Teela's growing and seemingly unrelenting anger.
 
Adding on to that fact, was the fear of unpredictability Teela now presented. Never did anyone see her so angry or talk with the tone or type of language she was using. To many watching, it seemed like she was a whole new person. One whose anger and bitterness seemed to be in control of her actions.
 
“Answer me, or I will split your skull!!” the aura surrounding Teela exploded once again. This time with so much violence and ferocity it blew everyone except for Adam, back twenty yards.
 
“And that goes for the rest of you also! The thought of ignoring me best not even enter your thoughts! Or I swear to kill every one here!! …”
 
An unholy sounding cry then escaped from the mad teenager's lips. Her look resembled that of a crazed, wild-eyed animal. All her reason appeared to be gone as she screamed towards the sky like a wolf howling at the moon. The ground within a distance of two hundred yards, then began to tremble underneath her feet. All the Masters looked on in terror. The scene reminded them of how Adam was powering up before, but unlike the young prince, Teela seemed to be devoid of any rational whatsoever.
 
“Teela!! ...” The Sorceress screamed as she levitated herself a couple feet off the ground to keep herself from being shaken apart.
 
“I suggest you leave from here Sorceress. Teela's too far gone to listen to reason ... your words might actually make things worse,” stated a placid Adam who seemed completely unfazed by Teela 's rage even though he was standing only a few feet away.
 
The Sorceresses eyes burned like flames of fire at the person she saw as being responsible for whatever was happening to her estranged daughter. Releasing a cry, which reviled her daughters. The Sorceresses entire body glowed a bright, blinding, white light. Soon the power grew, taking on the appearance of a giant bird. The twenty-foot beast, let out a thundering screech, as its creator glared at Adam with a look which promised death.
 
“Ah ... so you're still able to draw on the power of the Elders even though Skeletor has the orb. I guess the Elders found a way to still feed you power even though I was sure Skeletor by now would of absorbed the power into himself.”
 
Without warning Teela'na charged the Eternian heir. Her approach was that of a fiery phoenix. An earth-shattering explosion could be heard for miles, followed by a blinding white light as she impacted with her target. The light engulfed the surrounding area, like a dome of pure energy. The Masters were again blown back, but this time they all were flung hundreds of yards away.
 
“Or … you're more powerful then you lead everyone to believe. Either way Sorceress I am impressed. I see now where all of that exuberance two months ago came from ...” Adam said giving her a playful wink.
 
Teela'na stared in shock as the light died down revealing Adam completely unharmed. She started to speak, but the site before her left the former guardian in a state of shock.
 
“You shall not have him again you whore!!” Teela screamed as she stood unscathed in between Adam and her mother after taking the full brunt of the Sorceresses attack.
 
“Teela what are you doing? Get out of my way and let me deal with him.”
 
“Like how you dealt with him before! Vile whore, can't you even …--“
 
“Stop calling me that! I said nothing happened between that demon and myself!”
 
“And why should I believe anything from a person who abandons their own child! …Tell me mother … why … why in Gods name should I do such a thing?! …”
 
“Because I am your mother whether you choose to fully except that fact or not … I bore you for months inside my body, and at the appointed time, I gave birth to …--“
 
“To a bastard …” Teela said with contempt.
 
“No! … To my daughter …” she said as tears started to fall. “To my beautiful daughter, who I love with all of my heart ....”
 
“More of those blasted wake tears …--“
 
“Why can't you except that I made a mistake! In a time of weakness I committed a crime of passion, which has haunted me every night since I chose to let Man-At-Arms raise you! Can you please try to forgive me Teela?! Can you at least make the attempt?!”
 
“Never … A woman whose chastity comes and goes like the wind, will never have my forgiveness …” she stated in a deadly tone to her mother.
 
The statement caused the Sorceress to be overcome with shame and regret. She lowered her head to ashamed to look her daughter in the face.
 
“Please Teela ... Please ....” the Sorceress continued to beg as the tears came down harder.
 
Teela in a sudden and horrid move, reached out her right hand and grabbed her mother by the throat, slowly forced her head back up. The Sorceresses shocked face looked into her daughter's cold exterior. Chills went up her back as she looked into her emotionless eyes.
 
“You will look at me when I'm addressing you, or I will wring your neck! …”
 
The Sorceress let out a small whimper as Teela's grip tightened. Instinctively she pointed the tip of her bird staff at Teela's midsection and charged a bit of magical energy ready to force her off if she didn't release her vice like hold soon.
 
“I suggest you fight back now and don't wait Sorceress. Teela wasn't kidding about wringing your neck,” Adam replied calmly.
 
Neither the Sorceress nor Teela verbally replied to the young princes comment. Teela though tightened her grip even more causing Teela'na to drop her staff and start trying to pry her hand off her neck while she gasped desperately for air.
 
“I-I know you have control of her m-mind you monster, let her go …” the Sorceress hoarsely struggled out of her lips.
 
“I will admit she's a bit unstable right now … but I only provided the power. I warned you your words might make her worse. I told you to leave and you didn't listen.”
 
“W-why should I leave when my daughters life is in danger?”
 
“Do you really think I would of transferred some of my power if I really thought it would cost Teela her life?! he asked a bit agitated.
 
“But your power is the catalyst to her volatile behavior, she wouldn't be acting this way if it weren't for you,” stated Zodak.
 
Zodak, whom remained quiet during Teela and Teela'na's encounter, decided it was time to once again interject himself into the present proceedings. Calmly walking over to where Teela was choking the life out of her mother. He gabbed a hold of Teela's hand and with help from the Sorceress, pried her hand from off Teela'na's throat.
 
“Your power has driven her mad…--“
 
In seconds Teela unleashed a furious attack on the stunned Zodakian. Devastatingly powerful punches and kicks connected to all parts of Zodak's body within seconds. For the first time in his life, the cosmic warrior was unable to defend himself. He knew that having some of Adam's power would make Teela more powerful. The danger of her taking out her power crazed anger on him presented itself in the Zodakian's mind before he decided to intervene. It was a danger though he saw as worth taking to stop mother and daughter from potentially harming one another. But he never thought Adam would give her so much power or that she would be able to know how to use it so effectively only after having it for less then an hour.
 
“Teela no!!” the Sorceress screamed as she tackled her daughter to the ground.
 
Zodak fell bloodied and unconscious to the ground as mother and daughter were wrestling on the ground. The young captain started to utter curses and threats to her mother if she did get off her immediately. But the Sorceress refused, fearing she would continue her relentless attack on Zodak.
 
“Get off me!!” Teela screamed as herself and the Sorceress continued to wrestle on the ground.
 
“Not until you calm down!” Teela'na stated as she struggled with all her might to keep a hold of her daughter.
 
“I said GET OFF!!” Teela once again commanded as her aura exploded causing the Sorceress to fly like a speeding bullet towards Adam. But before she reached him, Teela'na extended her wings slowing herself before she slammed into the enigmatic prince.
 
Realizing her close proximity to the Eternian Heir. Teela'na materialized her staff into her hands, turned and tried to run her staff through his stomach. But within seconds, Adam erected a shield stopping her attack dead in its tracks.
 
“Nice move, but your troubles aren't over yet,” he calmly stated.
 
At first Teela'na paid no heed to Adam's comment and readied herself to deliver another attack. That was until Teela entered into her thoughts. Immediately turning around to discover her daughters whereabouts. The Sorceress was greeted by a right hook to the jaw, sending her dazed to the ground.
 
“I warned you to stay away from him!!” Teela screamed as she reached down and wrapped her right hand around the Sorceresses throat. In an impressive show of strength, Teela then lifted her mother two feet off the ground and reared back her fist seemingly ready to deliver the final blow to her parent.
 
“Looks like you've run out of options. Look at her, look into her eyes Sorceress. Either you fight back, or die at the hands of your only child ...”
 
The Sorceress did as the prince commanded, and was shocked at what she saw.
 
' S-she has the eyes of a murderer ...'
 
() What have you done to my daughter?!! ()
 
“Nothing but giving her a way to vent her frustrations ...”
 
The Sorceress was about to respond back, but a punch to her stomach quickly stopped her and instead caused the female wizard to cry out in excoriating pain. A sadistic smile crossed Teela's lips as she heard her mothers cry. Rearing back her fist, she delivered another blow to Teela'na's stomach. Followed soon after by another and another and another, until only a barrage of punches could be seen hitting all parts of the Sorceresses exposed body.
 
() Woman what are you doing?! Fight or die!! ()
 
The Sorceress said nothing to Adam's plea. She just hung motionless, absorbing punch after punch, after punch.
 
() Open your eyes one last time before you die then ... look into the eyes of your killer, the daughter you claim to love so much ... ()
 
Deciding to do as Adam requested Teel'na opened her eyes and stared into the cold, dark eyes of a killer.
 
() Is that the way you want her to be remembered? For Teela to be remembered as the person who murdered her own mother? Do you want that kind of disgrace on her? … ()
 
Continuing to look into her daughter's remorseless eyes, images of what the future might hold for Teela flooded into her mind. Teela'na reluctantly knew Adam was right. She had to fight back, even though doing so might cause one of them to die. She could no longer let Teela continue on the course she was on. No longer could she sit idly by and do nothing and just watch her daughter's downward spiral. She now vowed, even at the expense of her own life and anyone else's who might stand in the way to save her.
 
Summoning her remaining power, the Sorceress entire body started to glow bright with magical energy. While her daughter continued to pummel away at her body. The power around the Sorceresses body suddenly exploded, sending Teela flying like a missile towards the palace gates. With a resounding thud, the teenager bounced off the royal gate, and laid motionless face down on the ground.
 
The Sorceress struggled to remain conscious. Her body was nearly broken after Teela's merciless beating. She tried to stand but her body refused to respond to her command.
 
“You best recover soon Sorceress, she's beginning to stir …” Adam stated.
 
Sensing Teela's movements herself, Teela'na laid perfectly still on the ground and tried to use her magic to heal herself. Never before did she feel so helpless. But then again, the day was one for firsts in her life.
 
Teela rose slowly, the young warrior was a bit groggy after her mother's sudden attack, but was other wise unharmed. She looked in the Sorceresses direction, giving her a look filled with hate. Slowly she started to walk back to where her mother lay. Ready if anything to fill the Sorceresses world with unheard of levels of pain.
 
As her daughter neared, Teela'na tried to hurry the healing process. But the condition of her body kept it at a tortoise like pace and she only hoped and prayed it would be finished by the time Teela arrived.
 
() Want me to help you? … () Adam asked his alleged lover telepathically.
 
() Why don't you go burn in the depths of hell like all demons?! () She responded bitterly.
 
() Well I tried … don't blame me though if Teela rips you to shreds … ()
 
() Blame? … Blame?!! This is all your fault!! You did this to Teela, you drove her mad with power! I tell you now, just like you told me before ... If anything happens to her Adam I promise to kill you … I don't care how, or how long. But I will find a way, someway, some means to kill you!! ()
 
Adam began to chuckle over the telepathic connection. He understood the Sorceresses reaction, and it did remind him of how he felt when he threatened her before. Deciding to help her, in spite of her objections. His eyes flashed for a second, sending an invisible wave of healing energy into the Sorceresses body. At first Teela'na tried to resist his power, but after it started to take effect she was glad, at least for that moment for his help.
 
() No thank you? … () Adam asked with a chuckle.
 
() Go to …-- ()
 
Teela'na's cursing of her former champion was interrupted as she saw that Teela had finally reached her. The Sorceress looked into her daughters cold, emotionless eyes, sending a chill down her back. The two were now only a foot apart. An uncomfortable distance as the Sorceress was concerned given Teela's unpredictability.
 
“Get up …” Teela said in a deadly tone.
 
The Sorceress did as her daughter commanded, and slowly rose to her feet. The estranged pair, just stared at each other neither making a move.
 
“B-before things turn ugly ... let me explain everything Te...--.”
 
The sound of the back of Teela's hand striking the Sorceresses cheek echoed throughout the area. Teela'na just stood there in a state of shock over her daughters act. She put her hand to the left side of her cheek in disbelief and looked into the smiling face of her daughter.
 
“I don't need any further explanation mother ... how many possible times can you tell me you're just a whore ...”
 
Teela'na clenched her fists in anger after Teela's disrespectful statement. Lowering her hand back down to her waist, the Sorceress materialized her staff into her right hand.
 
“Humph ... and what do you plan on doing with that stick, spank me? ...” Teela said with a mocking chuckle.
 
Deciding it was time to let her actions speak for her. The Sorceress grabbed her staff with both hands and swung it in an uppercut manner trying to connect with Teela's jaw. Teela though easily read the move and blocked the Sorceresses attack with nothing but her right forearm.
 
“You can do better then that can't you? I thought the guardian of Grayskull would be more powerful?” Teela said mockingly.
 
Teela'na swung her staff over and over again trying desperately to connect with any kind shot to her daughter. She now more then ever felt the need to knock some sense into Teela, but her daughter wasn't making it easy as she continued to block strike after strike with nothing but her forearms. The scene went on for another few minutes before Teela'na realized she was getting nowhere.
 
' She's making a mockery of my attacks! ...' Teela'na thought to herself as Teela effortlessly blocked another one of her strikes.
 
() Certainly you can't expect to win this? Either go all out or suffer the fate I warned you about before. ()
 
Even though she hated to admit it, the Sorceress knew Adam was right. She recognized that Teela only seemed to be playing with her. But eventually she knew her daughter would stop being on the defensive and start counter attacking.
 
' And if she attacks me like she did before, or like what she did to Zodak, then I'm doomed ... '
 
Quickly coming up with an idea that might give her a fighting chance. Teela'na reared back her staff once more and swung it with all her might. Teela smirked as she saw the attack coming and raised her right forearm in anticipation. She also clenched her left hand, ready the second she countered her mother's attack. To blitz her with such speed and ferocity her fist would go right through her face. A twisted and evil smile crossed Teela's lips at the thought. But the disturbing smile was soon replaced by a look of pure shock as the Sorceresses staff passed right through her forearm.
 
“What the ...--”
 
A sudden blow to her exposed stomach caused Teela to double over in pain. The young captain was shocked that the Sorceresses attack actually hurt and was even more so when Teela'na smashed the staff onto the back of her head. Teela fell to one knee slightly dazed, while clutching the back of her head. The young Eternian though didn't stay down long as she quickly got to her feet with a look, which promised pain.
 
She looked around frantically for her mothers whereabouts and after a few seconds, Teela spotted the Sorceress standing fifteen feet away. Immediately she rushed the Sorceress with nothing but bad intentions on her mind. But as she came to the image of her mother, she was once again caught with a blow to the back of the head.
 
' W-what was that? There's no way she could of gotten behind me without my noticing! '
 
Her own momentum plus that of the sudden attack caused Teela to lose her balance and fall embarrassingly to the ground. She quickly picked herself up and turned to see who delivered the attack.
 
“H-how?! ...” the young warrior asked in a bit of shock.
 
“He's made you powerful but you still lack a lot of knowledge about fighting and power,” the Sorceress calmly stated, even though she was a nervous wreck internally.
 
The Sorceress knew her attacks didn't do any real damage to Teela, but she did find it strange that they did have some effect.
 
' Given the way she took my full fury when I tried to attack that bastard Adam. One would only think that nothing I throw at her would be able to cause her any kind of pain. But yet she clearly was in pain when I stroke her both times. It's almost like her power seems to fluctuate, making her indestructible one moment and the next still extremely strong and dangerous but still able to be hurt.'
 
A strange but welcomed calmness suddenly came over the elder Eternian as she realized that there was actually a ray of hope for her as she tried to save her daughter from the grip of her former champion. That though was until another thought ran through her mind, but this one served to fill her with anger and despair.
 
' Wait ... this makes no sense! How can the power possibly fluctuate since it was transferred? Natural power can fluctuate because of the limits of the person's body. But her power was transferred over. He had to of given her a set level, one that could not drop or fluctuate in the least. So it can't be changing on it's own nor can her body effect it. So that means ... '
 
“Teela please listen to me ... Adam is forcing us into this fight. For whatever twisted reason he ...--”
 
“Woman how many times do I have to repeat myself?! I don't care what you have to say?!”
 
“You don't care that he's manipulating you?! He has you as his slave!”
 
”I don't care if he enslaves me or the whole populace! All I care about right now mother … is putting you in a world of hurt the likes you have never seen before ...” Teela said in a deadly manner.
 
Teela'na just stared at her daughter with a mixture of fear and shock. Her heart sank at the realization that Teela's hatred for her was so great, that she would even sacrifice the people of their home in order to cause her pain. She clearly saw how dire the situation truly was and also what had to be done if her daughter were to be returned to her. Slowly, she levitated herself into the afternoon sky ready to bring about a conclusion, whether good or bad to the situation.
 
---------------------------------------------------
 
Adam looked up towards the sky as the Sorceresses body glowed like a star. The former protector of Grayskull, hovered fifty feet high like a balloon, firing magical bolts of energy at her daughter. Teela whizzed around the battlefield appearing as nothing more then a blur as she avoided her mother's attack.
 
“Come on mother, can't you hit me?!”
 
Unfazed by her daughters arrogant comment, the Sorceress continued her attack. Things were going as expected and she knew it would be only a matter of time before the perfect opportunity would come for her to end it all.
 
' Keep talking ... you're playing right into my hands ... ' The Sorceress thought as a smirk crossed her lips.
 
Adam also let out a small smirk as he evaluated the Sorceresses attack pattern. It was awfully simplistic to avoid he reasoned, and given her experience in battle, he knew she must be planning something.
 
() Unless you've switched brains with Beastman, I reason you must be planning something special for Teela. ()
 
() It's nothing though compared to what I'm going to do to you once this is all over. () The Sorceress said menacingly.
 
()Yeah ... Like you tried to show me right before Grayskull was destroyed? () Adam said with a snicker.
 
A small snarl could be heard over the telepathic link, which Adam responded to by breaking out in a full fit of laughter. The Sorceress wanted to fly right over and stuff her staff straight down his throat, but she knew attempting to do that would only hurt what she was trying to accomplish. So with titanic effort, she let his snooty behavior slide without physical retaliation.
 
During her short conversation with Adam though, the Sorceress had momentarily taken her attention off Teela. And that second was all the teenager needed to launch a counter attack against her mother. Going right underneath where her mother was floating, Teela crouched down, then launched herself straight up like a missile. Right before she impacted, Teela drew back her right fist, ready to deliver a crippling blow to her unsuspecting mother.
 
() Ah ... now I see what you have planned. Hope it works for you ... () Adam stated to the Sorceress.
 
Teela'na gave no reply. She couldn't afford to get into any more verbal battles with Adam. She sensed her daughter approaching and knew it was time to end it all.
 
' You should survive daughter ... you must survive ... '
 
Teela extended her fist hoping it would run her mother though. And to her twisted joy, that was exactly what her attack did, but after a few seconds she saw it wasn't what she expected.
 
“A-an illusion?!” Teela stated in shock, as her entire body passed completely through the image of her mother.
 
The teenager continued to fly like a missile, going farther and farther into the atmosphere. Without the knowledge of flight, she had no means to stop herself from ascending. Teela racked her brain for a means to stop herself. Before she had launched her attack against the Sorceress, Teela figured the resulting impact would be all that was needed to stop herself and return safely to the ground.
 
“But now what am I suppose to do?!!” She screamed as the blue flame like aura surrounded her once again.
 
The sudden release of energy seemed to solve the teen's dilemma as she came to a sudden stop. Now though with no more means of propulsion, Teela started plummeting towards the ground at a frightening rate. But the young captain wasn't worried. She figured that if the surge of energy was able to stop her ascent then it would be more then capable of stopping her free fall.
 
' Now with that worry out of the way where is that good for nothing woman ...--'
 
Teela's thoughts were interrupted as she heard the sound of a screeching bird. She immediately whipped her head around only to be confronted with the sight of the Sorceress coming towards her like that of a flaming white comet.
 
“Looking for me?!” The Sorceress screamed.
 
“Come mother! Come and die!!” Teela responded as she drew back her fist waiting for her mother's arrival.
 
As her mother neared, only the thought of putting her fist through her face entered Teela's mind. So as she swung with the punch she thought would rid her of what she perceived to be a blight on her life. Teela never considered what would happen next.
 
“A-another blasted illusion!!”
 
Teela looked around frantically as the image of the Sorceress passed through her fist and faded into nothing. She didn't have long though to find her true whereabouts as the former guardian crashed into Teela's back, sending the teen spiraling out of control towards the ground.
 
“And now this ends!!” Teela'na screamed, sending a huge blast of magical energy from her staff towards Teela.
 
The blast totally engulfed the unsuspecting teen, sending her towards the ground like a meteor. Adam looked on in silence; never taking is eyes off a moment of the battle. It was starting to get intense like he hoped. But soon he knew it would be over. And he hoped and prayed that with the end of the mother and daughter fight his goal for letting it taking place would be achieved.
 
---------------------------------------------------
 
About one hundred and fifty yards away from the Royal Palace. A giant mushroom cloud could be seen for miles, the result of the impact the blast and Teela made when they connected with the ground. Teela'na's heart raced with anxiety as she looked upon her handy work. She once again thrust her staff forward, sending another huge blast of magical energy at her daughters crash location. Soon the Sorceress littered the area with beams of magic, each meant to do nothing other then to leave her daughter completely incapacitated.
 
The Sorceress hated what she was doing. With every strike, her heart felt like it was being pierced through. Never should a mother and daughter have to fight so. Never should they have to treat each other like hated enemies. Those thoughts, along with painful others, crossed through her mind.
 
Fifteen minutes, and over twenty bolts later, Teela'na finished with her attack. Black smoke went out for miles from a hundred foot deep crater, the result of her magical strikes. She dropped down in midst of the smoke like a rock in the ocean. She started panting heavily given the huge exertion she put her body through. But in her present state of mind the fatigue was nothing compared to the worry Teela'na felt over Teela and what she thought her daughter's condition would be once she found her.
 
With great pain, Teela'na rose from off her knees, and started to limp around looking for any sign of her daughter. She walked over to the edge of the crater, waiting anxiously for the smoke to clear. Each minute seemed like hours as she waited. Thoughts of what might be a mangled and dying Teela entered her mind. Tears started to fall at the horrifying thought of her only child spitting up blood and grasping to hang on to a thread of life.
 
` No … No … No!! She can't be dead! She can't be!!'
 
() So … even the mighty Sorceress can lose concentration on her mental barrier when facing extreme stress. But ... I know this must go far beyond stress for you ... Tell me guardian, in all your years of being the Guardian of Grayskull did you ever envision a day like this? ()
 
At first the Sorceress was going to tell Adam exactly what she thought of his question, but decided in the end to not waste her effort on an obvious attempt to get under her skin. But his question did help to relieve some of her fears. Adam`s tone didn't have any worry or fear about his loves condition. And to the Sorceress that only could mean that Teela was not only alive but also not in any danger of dying.
 
` Thank the …-- `
 
The Sorceress suddenly found her self in a vise like rear chokehold. The sudden attack left her shocked and gasping desperately for air. Teela then wrapped her legs around her mother's waist in a rear body scissor, causing them both to fall to the ground.
 
“S-s-stop …” the Sorceress feebly stated.
 
In response, Teela only squeezed tighter and tighter. Mercilessly she tried to snuff her mother's life out right there and then without the slightest thought of compassion. Teela'na tried using her powers, but her daughters suffocating hold, made using her abilities all but impossible. As the seconds passed the world around Teela'na began to blur and grow dark. Death was upon her, death at the cruel and uncaring hands of her only child.
 
---------------------------------------------------
 
Every pain, regret, heartache, defeat, betrayal, and failure rushed into Evil-Lyn's mind. Everything that was wrong in her life fueled her burning power like coals in a raging fire. She gazed upon her new master, hatred in her eyes at his attempt to snuff out her life.
 
“You did well Evelyn … very well …” Kakarotto. stated
 
The Eternian witch continued to look upon her master with hatred in her mind. Kakarotto at the moment was representing all the pain and misery her tattered life had endured. She no longer saw his hardened masculine face, but instead saw Skeletor's deformed and wretched features.
 
“Die!!”
 
The Mistress of Evil suddenly launched herself at Kakarotto with blinding speed. Caught slightly off guard by her sudden move, he was caught with a sweeping right hook to the jaw with so much force the punch shook the entire chamber upon impact.
 
“Nice punch Evelyn … but if you want to hurt me, you will have to develop a much stronger one then that,” he said giving her a playful smirk.
 
Before the Eternian could respond. She was, within an instance flung clear across the chamber and crashed back first against the wall. Evil-Lyn once again slumped down to the ground, but this time the impact didn't leave her hurting or disoriented but only more enraged.
 
“Die you deformed freak!!” she screamed launching herself back at Kakarotto.
 
(( Looks like you ticked her off a little to much. Guess your plan wasn't so brilliant after all. )) Son Goku said with a mocking snicker.
 
` Shut up …her power came out, that was all I was concerned about ... `
 
(( And the Ki rage she's in, that doesn't concern you? ))
 
` If she were training by herself then I would be. But why would I worry since I'm here to watch over her? The rage will pass …and once it does she will be better …-- `
 
Stopping his conversation with his alter ego, Kakarotto quickly extended his right palm and released a jolt of Ki electricity. Evil-Lyn screamed in agony as she was slowly electrocuted until she shriveled to the floor like a crumpled piece of paper.
 
While he was having his conversation with Son Goku, Evil-Lyn was relentlessly attacking him. Throwing punches and kicks with so much force, if it were indeed Skeletor she was attacking his face would of instantly imploded upon a single impact from one of the devastating blows. But Kakarotto was nothing like Skeletor and shrugged off her attacks with ease. He let her pound on him while Goku expressed his concern with the way he was handling her training. But stopped the conversation as he noticed she stopped pounding on him and was instead trying to conjure up some of her dark magic.
 
“Sorry to do that to you Evelyn … but all forms of magic will be forbidden during your trai ...--.”
 
Sire … Sire … “ A familiar voice said over his scouter.
 
A small smile crept onto the Saiya-Jin rulers face as he heard the voice. Seih hadn't contacted him since he ordered that no one is permitted in Eternia after the results of her last visit. Her silence though secretly troubled him. Before that point she always contacted him at night in which she would keep him informed of the days events on Vimoche and each one secretly used the time to enjoy one another's company. But after his command, his love remained strangely quiet.
 
“Hello Seih … long time no hear,” he said walking out of the gravity chamber, leaving a smoking and burnt Evil-Lyn unconscious on the floor.
 
Kakarotto didn't go far. He sat down a few feet away from the door, on the top step of the stairs that lead to the room. He reclined against the wall as a holographic image of Seih appeared a couple of feet in front of him.
 
Hello Sire ... sorry for not keeping in frequent contact. I just felt we both might need some time to ourselves ...
 
“No need to apologize Seih, no need at all ...” he said in a surprisingly placid manner. ”But I will say that I was beginning to think that perhaps my queen may of fallen out of
love with me ...” he said giving her a wink and a slight chuckle.
 
Seih was in shock after his statement, and momentarily didn't know how to respond. She originally contacted him to explain what Fitelh had done and to beg him to show her mercy. She felt she should be honest with the man she loved. That honesty about Fitelh's cruel crime and some major begging, would allow her cousin to live. But his statement completely caught her off guard and caused the genius scientist to forget why she originally contacted him.
 
“Speechless? ...”
 
A bit ... you've never said anything like that to me before. You've never called me your queen ...
 
“True, and for that I'm sorry ... but you are my queen, and when I come back I will make it perfectly clear to everyone.”
 
S-so are you saying we will be wed when you return? Seih asked as her heart was beating frantically over his possible answer.
 
(( Before you answer, I hope you understand the possible ramifications? ))
 
' I do, so don't worry yourself. '
 
(( Hell on earth Kakarotto, just remember I warned you when it begins. ))
 
' Your opinion is noted, but don't worry Son Goku I know what I'm doing. '
 
“Yes Seih, a little while after I return we will be wed,” he said with a huge smile.
 
Seih fainted, causing Kakarotto to stare at the holographic image in complete shock.
 
' Super powered, fearless, and a genius, but yet she faints when I say we are getting married? Women ... ' he thought as he simply shook his head in disbelief.
 
Kakarotto was about to use his scouter to contact Daz or Seto so they could attend to Seih, but the sound of Fitelh's voice over the trans-dimensional link stopped him. He was going to tell Fitelh what happened, but remembering how she dislikes him. Kakarotto simply closed the connection and headed back into the gravity chamber.
 
As he entered, Kakarotto saw that Evil-Lyn had already regained consciousness and was slowly trying to stand. He calmly walked up to her smoking form and stood directly in front of the Eternian witch. Evil-Lyn used all her remaining strength to make herself upright. But the second she did she fell into his chest, leaning on him for support.
“You're up much sooner then I thought Evelyn. The way I shocked you I was thinking you would be out for hours.”
 
“I like it rough ... ” Evil-Lyn weakly whispered out, right before she reached down with her left hand and tried to grab Kakarotto's crouch. “I want you to be rougher my master ...” she whispered seductively.
 
The move surprised the Legendary warrior. No woman had ever done that to him before. Not even his deceased wife Chi-Chi. He wasn't quite sure what to do or say. So he just used his speed to move himself back ten feet to escape her sultry grasp.
 
(( I think being electrocuted only served to turn her on. Either that or she might be trying to pay you back for those times you excited her hormones.)) Son Goku said before letting out a chuckle.
 
' Of all the women I could of met I had to meet a vengeful masochist... ' Kakarotto thought as he shook his head. ' Come to think of it, all the women in my life have been strange to some degree or another. Chi-Chi was bossy and could be just plain insane at times. Jenna was psychotic to a degree. Seih can be emotionally unstable. And now Evelyn, who has masochist tendencies ... '
 
(( Do not forget about Fitelh. ))
 
' Oh yes ... how can I forget her. The woman whom if she could would commit genocide on half the civilizations in the Universe. And she has the nerve to call me a monster. '
 
(( You are a monster Kakarotto, but a controlled one I have to admit. ))
 
' Coming from you I will take that as a compliment, ' Kakarotto let out a small mental chuckle, before turning his full attention back on Evil-Lyn.
 
The Eternian witch wanted to follow him, so as to pay him back for the times he excited her. But frankly she didn't have the strength to move any further. Kakarotto seeing just how weak she was, took a Senzu bean out of a pocket on his belt and levitated the bean into Evil-Lyn's mouth. The Eternian slowly chewed the miracle bean and within seconds all of her energy was restored.
 
“By Patamowos, did I ever need that ...” she said giving Kakarotto a grateful look.
 
Evil-Lyn then moved both of her arms in front of herself, taking on the appearance of a boxer. Kakarotto smiled at her determination. He formed two small balls of energy in each hand ready to continue with her training.
 
---------------------------------------------------
 
In the solace of her room Teela slept peacefully. She dreamt of her childhood, of a time when she had no cares or worries, except training to be the best warrior she could. It was indeed a pleasant dream, free of the chaos and pain of the real world.
 
“I can't believe you told her that! You promised me you would keep that between us!” The Sorceress screamed into Adam's face.
 
It was now two o'clock in the morning, and Adam and the Sorceress were engaged in a spirited discussion right outside Teela's door.
 
“Silence yourself woman. Do you want to wake her?” the young prince calmly replied.
 
“I will not silence myself! My own daughter almost killed me because of your manipulation!”
 
“Manipulation? More like opening her eyes to my world. All I did to Teela was give her a small glimpse of what it feels like to be me. Or I should say a me whose feelings and emotions aren't in check. Besides, I think you're more upset because I forced you to swear loyalty to me,” Adam said with a chuckle.
 
“Like I had a real choice in what happened ... You manipulated me into either choosing that or death …” Teela'na solemnly replied, remembering the events which led to her bowing to Adam's will.
 
Out of shame and frustration at what took place the Sorceress suddenly slapped Adam across the cheek, producing a small smile from the young prince. She raised her palm for another strike but was stopped as Adam quickly grabbed her around the waist and drew her to him, so that they were chest to chest.
 
“Get off of me you …--“
 
In a surprise and perplexing move, Adam planted a kiss right on the Sorceresses lips. He then slightly lifted her up and pressed her firmly against the wall. Teela'na was in complete shock over her former champions bold move. She desperately tried to pry him off, but he was unmoving. Teela'na knew the last thing she needed was someone to walk by and see the both of them. A few seconds later though, her fears were quenched as Adam released the lip-lock and set her back down on the ground. Teela'na just glared at the Eternian heir not knowing what to say or think to his actions.
 
“I won't lie, you are an incredibly attractive woman. In some ways more so then your daughter …” Adam said keeping himself pressed up against the Sorceress.
 
Teela'na's heart began to race over his comments. The incident was eerily similar to what happened two months prier to when they were alone after another successful victory against Skeletor. Except she was the aggressor then, pinning him against the wall, trying to seduce him.
 
“No Adam … No! …” she said trying to push him off.
 
“Really? … So if I ask you to become the second to Teela, you wouldn't accept?”
 
Teela'na gave him a strange look. The term second didn't immediately register in her thoughts, but after a few seconds the meaning came to her and nearly caused the former guardian to fly off in a rage.
 
“I will not be anyone's concubine …” she said through clenched teeth.
 
“Well … maybe if Teela change's her mind about becoming my queen you could take her place? … Like a backup of sorts…--“
 
The look Teela'na gave him quickly stopped Adam from continuing with his comment. Her eyes were glowing with rage, and even though she knew she couldn't hurt him physically, the Sorceress had every intention of trying if he persisted with his comments.
 
“You really need to mellow out Sorceress. I was only giving you what you gave to me two months ago. Besides ... I love your daughter to much to want anyone else ...”
 
Adam then released his embrace and stepped back a couple feet. The Sorceress let out a sigh of relief as he backed away. Adam smirked at her gesture, and was about to say another smart comment, but a fluctuation in Teela's energy quickly stopped him.
 
“I see she's awake ...” he said looking towards Teela's door.
 
“Yes ... I-I know ...”
 
“Why the sad tone woman? Regardless of what happened earlier she's still your daughter.
Time you both came to grips with that and move on.”
 
“How can we? After yesterday's events how can we possibly live like mother and daughter?”
 
“How will you know until you try? I took back all of my power from her, so there shouldn't be any danger of Teela attacking like she did before. Plus I didn't heal her completely from the strain my power put on her body, so she should be alert but sore and very weak. You will be safe talking to her Sorceress, I promise you that.”
 
“I was talking about emotionally. How can those scars possibly be healed? …I've lost my daughter … if I ever had her to begin with …” a dejected Sorceress said before she tried to walk away.
 
“Teela really is your daughter, for you two lose heart just the same. Listen to me woman!” Adam said as he grabbed her by the shoulder and forced her to stop and face him. “You fought her thinking her life was in danger, hoping your actions would save your only daughters life. So now you're just going to walk away because of fear? ... What sense does that make?”
 
“Yes! How can I face her after everything?! She thinks I abandoned her and you know what? She's right ...”
 
“So what? Will you now just let any feelings she may still have for you rot away, or will you try and save what little might be there?”
 
“I-I can't ...--”
 
“What do you mean can't? I put you two through that whole ordeal yesterday so that hopefully the experience might knock some sense into both of you. In other words I wanted you both to vent your frustrations out. I know it was cruel what I did and may of added some more scars, but if the end result brings you two back together, then I think the whole incident would be something you two cherish for the rest of your lives.”
 
Teela'na just stared at Adam with a blank expression. She wanted to lash out at him for his actions, but frankly the elder wizard was too emotionally, and physically drained.
 
“Fine ... since you went too so much trouble to further ruin my life. I'll try talking to her in the morning then. Even though I doubt it would do any good,” the Sorceress sadly stated before turning and walking down the hall.
 
Adam decided to let her go, figuring she wanted to be alone with her thoughts. The day certainly was eventful and had taken a lot out of everyone. He now decided to turn his thoughts solely to his love and what her reaction would be upon hearing about all that had taken place.
 
---------------------------------------------------
 
A/N: The main reason this chapter took so long was because of the situation involving the Sorceress, Teela & Adam. I'm very curious to hear people's opinion's on the whole incident. Well have a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year !! :)