Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Price Of Power ❯ Chapter: 14 ( Chapter 16 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Price Of Power


" Speech "

' Thoughts '

(( Inward voice ))

() Telepathy ()


A/N: Just a little reminder, this story is based on the new version of MOTU and NOT the old 1981 version. Enjoy!!

Chapter: Fourteen


-------------------------------------------------


There is a saying, " With great power comes great responsibility. " That is a true and wise saying, which everyone in life should adhere to. But there is another, even though not as widely known but yet equally important. " Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely … "


Adam's energy streaked towards the sky like a column of fire. His power danced among the clouds, causing the entire area above and around the palace to glow with a bluish hue. The ground began to shake and break apart as he continued to power up. The Masters looked on in awe and bewilderment as everything around them shook violently including the palace itself. But in a sudden and perplexing move, he stopped his show of power and slowly began to power down. The young prince then closed his eyes, seeming to be in deep thought.


"I will make this fair, you all deserve a sporting chance," the young prince said in an eerily calm manner. "Now rise all of you …" He said sternly.


Obeying his command all of the Masters slowly rose to their feet, while eyeing him cautiously.


"Now follow me," he said bluntly, as he levitated a few feet off the ground and started to slowly fly away.


Adam flew until he was about five hundred yards away from The Royal Palace. A safe distance he reasoned in which a proper battle could commence without any harm coming to his beautiful home or anyone inside it. He then landed next to a small tree and waited to see if they would follow him. Five minutes later, he let out a small smile, as he saw they had indeed followed him to the open field like he commanded.


"While I was training with teacher he told me the story about his battle with a being named Cell. At one point during the battle, the monster did an interesting trick, which teacher successfully dealt with, but it did frustrate him slightly," he said as they now stood twenty feet away from him.


The Masters looked at him quizzically, each getting a bad feeling they wouldn't like whatever Adam had planned.


"Shishinoken …" Adam stated with a small smile.


The Masters continued to stare at him with puzzled looks, for they had no idea what the young warrior was referring to.


"Shishinoken was the technique the creature used against teacher, and it will be what I will use to make this battle fair," Adam said with a smirk.


"What do you mean by fair?" Man-At-Arms asked suspiciously.


"What the word implies Duncan. Let's be honest, none of you can defeat me, even if I were to fight at a quarter of my true power. But, I have devised a way to make everything even so to speak."


Adam's body suddenly became slightly transparent, then to everyone's shock, a duplicate Adam came out of the original and stood beside him.


"Meet Adam-Two everyone," the real Adam said as his double walked forward and stood five feet in front of him. "He shall be your opponent, defeat him and I will abandon my plan and except whatever punishment father has for me."


"You can't be serious, you want us to fight some kind of copy?!" Buzz-Off said obliviously agitated after Adam's comment about none of them being his equal.


"My copy has all the strength, speed, endurance, and skill of He-Man, nothing more, nothing less. Yourself, Duncan, Sy-Klone, and Teela … will fight him. You four are the best pure fighters out of the Masters, so it's fitting for you to decide the planets fate," Adam said with a wry smile.


Eternia's heroes gathered amongst themselves to discuss Adam's proposal. After a few minutes of deliberation, most agreed, that even though they had reservations about Adam's plan, the deal was ultimately too good to pass up.


"The battle field shall be one hundred yards in length. Myself and those not participating in the battle shall stay fifty yards away from the area, so no one is accidentally hurt. Ten minutes … that's all you have to prepare, I suggest you use the time wisely," Adam stated flatly.


The participating Masters decided to take his advice, and used the time to get themselves mentally and physically ready for the battle. Teela though was one of the Masters who didn't want to agree with accepting Adam's proposal. Slowly, she made her way over to him as he was leaning against a tree watching them prepare.


"Have you given thought to my marriage proposal?" Adam asked as his estranged love stood in front of him with a look of defiance.


"Yes ..." Teela replied softly, as his question caught her a bit off guard.


"And? ..." He asked expectantly.


"And ... I ..." Teela stopped as the conflicting feelings she felt inside her heart, were ripping her apart. A part of her wanted to spit in his face for the pain he's caused her. To hate him forever without even the slightest hope of reconciliation. But, there was another part of her, which wanted to totally forgive him of all wrong. To give him a clean slate, allowing them both to start over, like nothing ever happened.


' That would be wonderful, to forget all the pain we've caused each other ... but I have a feeling it won't be that easy. ' Teela thought, as a single tear rolled down her right cheek.


Adam saw the display of emotion and let out a heavy sigh, assuming her answer would not be what he wanted to hear.


"I want to say yes ..." Teela said wiping the tear from her cheek. "I truly do ... but ... you must stop this, only then will I consider becoming your bride ..." She said solemnly, praying, he would buy her excuse.


Adam gave her a penetrating stare, trying to see if there was any hint of malice or the faintest sign of a lie. The young captain started to feel uneasy under his gaze, for she knew what he was trying to accomplish and tried her best to mask her true feelings.


"I cannot do that Teela … not even for you …"


"You mean you won't. Cannot, to me implies you have no other choice. You have a choice, we all have the ability to choose our own destiny."


"True … and I have chosen mine, which I was hoping we could share together …" Adam said as he gently wrapped his right arm around Teela's waist and drew her body close to his.


In response, Teela kept her head down, with her eyes fixated on the grass below. Knowing that if she did look into his eyes, she might give into his commanding will.


' I can't believe he's changed this much ... The old Adam never made me feel this powerless. '


"Look at me …" He said softly.


"No …" She responded barely above a whisper.


"Why? …"


"Because …"


The Masters looked on silently, with no one among them able to find the right words to break the two apart. The allocated time Adam had given them was almost up and the three chosen warriors hoped that their compatriot was trying to convince the young prince to give up his reckless plan. Instead of what seemed like a romantic moment between two lovers.


"Let me go, it's almost time …" Teela whispered out.


"You refused to look at me this whole time, you refused to answer my question and now you expect me to just let you go without even getting a response? Look at me, face me like a woman with courage."


"I have none … you said it yourself, my heart is gone? ..." Teela said sadly. "Now please … let me go so the quicker this game of yours can end."


Adam stared at her for another few seconds before abiding by her wishes and releasing his embrace. Teela turned without removing her focus from off the grass. But as she started to walk away, Adam said one last thing, which caused her to suddenly stop, and clench her fists in anger.


"Was I right about your mother? …"


Teela stood still with a tempestuous look, clenching her fists so tightly blood began to drip from her hands. Adam looked down at the blood falling to the grass and reasoned she had indeed talked to the Sorceress and the conversation hadn't gone that well.


"Yes …"


A bit of guilt swept over the Eternian heir. For even though he knew she deserved to know the truth about her parents. He told her not out of love or concern, but out of share spite, hoping at the time, it would cause her a measure of pain.


' Somehow I must find a way to make things right between them … '


Soon, even more guilt filled his heart as he watched her walk sadly, almost lifeless, back to the other Masters.


-------------------------------------------------


Adam's copy smiled at the four warriors in front of him, before motioning for them to attack. Not wasting any time, the four quickly closed the gap and encircled their opponent. But the fake prince reared back his right fist and pounded the ground with his might, causing a massive shock wave, knocking his attackers back to where they started.


"Come on, you should of known what I was going to do," the clone said arrogantly.


Buzz-Off immediately sprung to his feet, in a rage after the comment. Rearing back his ax, he charged at the copy, trying to split its head open. Adam-Two quickly side stepped out of the way of the strike, then before his opponent had the chance to react he kneed him in the stomach, then delivered a crippling elbow shot to the back of Buzz-Off's neck. The half insect, half man, laid on the ground barely moving, as the copy just stood over him with a satisfied look.


"Thought you would of lasted long … --"


The clone was suddenly sent flying through the air, by a bolt of plasma energy hitting his back. Man-A-Arms quickly ran over to his downed enemy and tried to finish him off with his club. But as he brought the mighty weapon down, Adam-Two quickly rolled to the side, then kicked his opponent square in the chest, sending him flying back several feet.


() You couldn't make me with more power and skill? () The clone asked begrudgingly.


() Just do as you're told. You have enough to beat them, so stop the griping! ()


() That's easy for you to say, you don't have to fight with these limitations. ()


() The object of this battle is fairness, not their humiliation. I need them to trust me once again. Like teacher told me during training, being malevolent accomplishes nothing. To rule an empire, your servants must ultimately respect you and not so much fear. This is but one of the things I wish to accomplish ... Now fight! ()


The clone instantly sprung to its feet obeying its creators command. The action was well timed as he narrowly avoided being bashed by Teela's staff. The young captain though didn't give her opponent a moments rest as she unleashed an unrelenting series of attacks using her staff.


Teela attacked showing no restraint or hesitancy. She was determined to win this battle and bring back a sense of normalcy to at least one part of her life. But the clone would have none of it, as he to was on a mission. Blocking an overhead attack with nothing but his forearm, he tried to leg sweep her, but Teela's nimbleness allowed her to jump over the attack and attempt a lighting fast counterattack.


"I can easily read your movements, try coming up with something more original," Adam-Two said as he caught her left leg just as it was inches away from connecting with his temple.


Unfazed by her failure and the copy's arrogant comments, Teela tried another temple blow with her right leg, but as before her opponent caught it, leaving her dangling upside-down while he smiled mischievously.


"Well ... Isn't this an interesting position? Shall we try this when we're wed ... --"


The clone was interrupted as a huge blast of wind struck the ground right behind him, sending both himself and Teela flying through the air at a frighten rate. Teela even though a bit dazed by Sy-Klone's sudden attack had enough coherence to start kicking her opponent repeatedly in the face with the heel of her right foot. Then as the two neared the ground, she wrapped her now free legs around his neck and drove his head into the ground as they landed.


The two skidded for several feet before coming to a stop. With the clones head still in-between her knees and thighs, Teela immediately began pounding his face with her fists.


"Now how do you like it?!" She screamed in a rage. "The feeling of someone striking your face?!" She said while continuing to try and mash the fake Adam's face in.


() Get up and stop playing with her! () Adam mentally screamed to his clone.


In an instant Adam-Two grabbed both of Teela's fists in the palms of his hands, and slowly began to crush them. The young captain cried out in excruciating pain, as she was forced off her opponent and onto her knees. The clone then raised himself to his feet while keeping his vise like lock.


"It's over ... Just except your defeat and give up," he said looking down at her triumphantly.


"Neve ...--" Teela let out another excruciating cry as the clone began to squeeze her fists tighter causing small cracking noises to be heard.


() Not so rough ... ease up on her a bit. ()


() I thought you wanted me to stop playing? ()


() I said ease up! ()


Letting out an annoyed sigh, Adam-Two released his hold. The timing though couldn't of been better as he noticed someone trying to sneak up from behind him.


"Looks like we are about to be interrupted, but don't worry, I will be back ..."


Ducking as the club was only inches away from connecting with the side of his head, the clone then delivered a mule kick to Man-At-Arms groin, causing the scientist to drop to the ground like a sack of bricks.


"Wait, I would of sworn you made something to protect such a sensitive area. In fact I know you did. So either you forgot to equip it or you're playing possum, hoping to catch me unawares. " Adam-Two said as he stood over his creator's long time mentor while he writhed in pain.


The clone gave a small chuckle, as Man-At-Arms was unable to respond. Turning his attention back to Teela he noticed she had disappeared, but he didn't have to search long for her as she quickly came up from his blind-side and drove the tip of her staff into the lower part of his spine.


"Do it now!" Teela screamed as she started to repeatedly jab the staff into his lower back.


Immediately Man-At-Arms rose as if from the dead. Rearing back his club he swung with all of his might, connecting with the back of the clones head. The copy dropped to one knee, dazed and disoriented after both attacks. He tried to stand, but the moment he moved another crippling shot to his lower back was delivered by Teela, followed soon after by another devastating blow to his skull by her father. The clone this time fell to both knees, with a blank expression, before eventually dropping to the ground unconscious.


"Now Sy-Klone!!" Man-At-Arms screamed out as he transformed the automatic armor on left arm back into a laser cannon, pointing it at the clone incase it suddenly moved.


Upon hearing her father, Teela quickly ran over to where Buzz-Off was laying and tried her best to help him stand. Sy-Klone seeing Teela and the winged warrior making their way slowly back to the other Masters, reasoned that it was now clear to end the little skirmish.


' Amazing … they might actually win, ' the young prince thought as a small smile crossed his lips.


Adam watched as Sy-Klone's entire body became a giant tornado, so enormous it reached to the clouds. He then watched as Man-At-Arms quickly ran away from where the copy laid as the giant twister came near the spot.


' Cute little attack, but it will do them no good,' Adam thought as he chuckled to himself.


() And you better make sure it doesn't ... () Adam said in a threatening tone to his clone.


Adam-Two slowly staggered to his feet while clutching the back of his aching skull. He didn't have long though to worry about his injuries as he saw the twister coming near. Summoning his strength, he struck the ground with all of his might, causing the earth to split apart, forming a hundred yard long chasm in the path of the tornado.


Everyone looked on as the entire tornado dropped into the giant opening. But amazingly enough the fall didn't stop Sy-Klone's advancement, as he still maintained his previous course.


The clone waited patiently, with a calm expression, which many thought was strange considering his end seemed near. But within a few seconds they saw why he was so calm. The ground began to slowly close the opening and in so doing, would doom Sy-Klone if he didn't escape soon. Sy-Klone knowing the danger, immediately stopped advancing and instead expanded his tornado to fill the entire opening. His tactic slowed the closing down like he had hoped, buying him enough time so he could float himself out of the chasm.


Sy-Klone wasn't out of danger yet, as the clone immediately rushed him the moment he landed back down on the ground. The former protector of the Legacy Stones just narrowly ducked a punch meant for his jaw and instead delivered a devastating body shot to the clones exposed ribs. The clone cried out in pain as it clutched it's ailing side but it soon forgot about the pain in it's side as Sy-Klone connected with a round house kick to the side of its face.


The clone staggered back a few feet before finally regaining its balance. He stared at his opponent menacingly, then promised to repay the pain he received ten fold. He then tried to rush Sy-Klone once again, but was stopped buy a blast from Man-At-Arms laser canon. Adam-Two then let out an excruciating cry as he dropped to one knee.


"Give up, you can't win!" Man-At-Arm's stated as he came within ten feet of the clone and aimed his canon right at its head.


The clone just remained kneeling, as a quarter of his back was severely burnt from the two energy shots. It kept its face towards the ground and didn't utter a word as its opponents came near.


"It is best you yield and return from whence you came, for you have lost this battle," Sy-Klone stated calmly.


"Why should I do that? ..." Adam-Two said as he slowly rose to his feet. "Especially when I'm about to win ..." He said with a cocky smile.


"I see you leave us no other alternative ..." Man-At-Arms sad sadly.


"I'm just a copy, do what you must," he said nonchalantly. "But know this, no matter what you do I will win this battle, and Adam will then rule Eternia."


"We shall see ..." Sy-Klone stated.


The ancient automaton then used his powers to rip a nearby tree out of the ground. With an impressive show of power and exceptional control, he broke the medium sized tree into hundreds of dagger sized pieces.


"Are you sure you want to do that Sy-Klone? The only thing you will be accomplishing is insuring I win this little duel of ours," Adam-Two said as the wooden daggers began to swirl all around him.


"What indeed has happened to the gentle and humble Prince of Eternia?" Sy-Klone asked sadly. "Perhaps seeing your defeat will somehow snap Adam out of the foolish haze he's been under."

"Foolish haze? No ... He just woke up, like the rest of you need to do ... Now attack, so I can win this already," the clone smugly stated.


Following his wishes, Sy-Klone motioned for Man-At-Arms and Teela who had rejoined them after successfully helping Buzz-Off off the battle field, to step back to a safe distance, as he didn't want them to be accidentally impaled. The father and daughter duo, quickly exited the scene, realizing what was about to happen. They both though left with a bit of hesitance in their hearts as the clones words and smug attitude made them uneasy.


' He has to be planning something. There's no way he would just stand there and let himself be killed, ' Teela thought, as herself and Man-At-Arms stopped once they were about fifty yards away.


Seeing the worry in his adopted daughters face, the chief inventor tried to reassure her of Sy-Klone's apparent victory. But as he started to talk the young captain suddenly ran over to where Adam was standing. For she was convinced something bad would happen if the battle was not stopped soon.


"Stop this, please …" Teela asked with her head slightly bowed and her eyes fixated on the ground. She clenched her fists in anger, frustrated at her inability to look at him, for fear of being overcome by his will.


The young prince though acted as if his love didn't even exist and continued to focus his attention towards his copy's battle. His patience was beginning to wear thin with his clones actions. The fight should have been over long ago by his estimation, but the clone continued to play with his opponents like they were toys. But in truth he was really disturbed with himself. Adam-Two after all was just a copy, but he was showing Adam a side of himself which he had been partially blind to before.


' Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely … ' the young heir thought to himself.


He remembered his father telling him that when he was younger, while he was explaining to him who Skeletor really was and why his uncle was now a threat to their home.


' But I am not like that fool. I would rather kill myself before allowing that to ever happen,' Adam thought as his anger started to rise. ' Never will I be like him ... never!! ... '


"Don't ignore me ..." Teela said with a twinge of anger.


Adam though continued to ignore her, even though he knew how she would respond to his apparent snubbing.


"You self-righteous bastard, answer me! Don't dare ignore me Adam! Or …--"


"Try looking at me first, then perhaps you may get an answer," Adam replied calmly.


Slowly, Teela forced her head up, and gazed into his light blue eyes.


"There … now was that so hard?" He said giving her a warm smile.


"Now will you stop this insanity, before someone gets killed?"


"Sure …"


A small smiled crept onto Teela's mildly shocked face in response to Adam's answer. Hope, something she believed to be dead, was now trying to sprout in her heart. Hope that her life could go back to a sense of normalcy, and stop the roller coaster ride it was currently on.


"Thank the elders you have finally come to your senses. Now call off that clone or whatever it is you created. Then we will go to your father and beg him to forgive you. If all of us back you, the king will have no choice but to lessen any sort of punishment he may of had in mind."


"Really Teela? …"


"Yes, after all … I-I … can't marry a convicted criminal …" Teela weakly whispered out.


Adam raised a questioning eyebrow at her statement, but after a few seconds a huge smile crossed his lips as he saw that Teela's statement wasn't a joke and she was indeed serious.


() You heard the woman, end the fight … ()


In obedience to his creator's command, the clone instantly disappeared the moment the daggers were about to impale him. Soon after Sy-Klone dropped to his knees with a blank expression, then a few seconds later the daggers and Sy-Klone fell face first to the ground. The automaton laid motionless while the Masters looked on at their comrade's fate in bewilderment.


"Now it's your turn Duncan ..."


Before Man-At-Arm's could react to the voice coming from behind him, his world soon went black as the clone drove its elbow into the back of the scientists neck. Like Sy-Klone before him, Man-At-Arm's laid unconscious as the rest of the Master's looked on completely stunned by what just took place.


---------------------------------------------------


Evil-Lyn lay bloody and battered in the middle of a two-mile wide crater. A small pool of her own blood surrounded her, as she desperately clung to life. Her breaths were nothing more then gasps as she tried to fill her lounges with precious oxygen. But her body could barely perform that simple task of breathing, given the tremendous strain and inhuman beating it had endured.


She could feel the cold hand of death upon her. But yet she was strangely happy. For she followed her heart, for the first time in her life she followed it regardless of the danger she knew would follow. But unfortunately the price she paid for doing so was severe.


' But what does that matter? ... I'm happy ... She may of won this battle, but I won a share of his heart, and there is nothing she can do about it ... '


Evil-Lyn let out a snicker as she heard the sound of death sliding down the side of the crater. She turned her head to the right, just in time to see Seih lose her balance and fall like a sack of potatoes the instant she came to the bottom of the two hundred foot deep depression. A strange sense of satisfaction came over the former witch, seeing her rival struggle to her feet. And after a few seconds even more joy filled her heart as Seih limped like a wounded animal towards her.


As Seih slowly made her way over, she mentally cursed herself for allowing Evil-Lyn to bait her into a fight. And now because of the Eternian's craftiness, and her own lack of self-control, they both were paying a horrid price.


' This creature forced me to fight like a savage and disgrace myself in the presence of those gathered. Today ... was going to be so special ... ' Seih thought as a tear rolled down her cheek.

' Myself and Kakarotto were finally going to be together ... forever ...' she said as more tears began to fall.

' But this creature ruined it!! And now I will ruin her ... '


Evil-Lyn weakly looked up into the face of deaths harbinger and smiled weakly as her rival stood over her.


"Why do you smile witch? You should be preparing to face Patamowos."


"I have already made my peace with him, I have no more fear of death ..." Evil-Lyn whispered out. "And he has given me the gift of seeing the great Seih actually cry."


"Good ... then I shall hasten your journey to see him," Seih said with a sadistic smile.


"Thank you oh angel of mercy ..." Evil-Lyn said sarcastically.


Seih let out a weak chuckle at her opponents remark. Raising her right hand towards the night sky, she gathered her remaining energy unto her palm, forming a beach ball sized ball of yellow energy.


"I'm surprised you have so much power left after the beating I gave you," Evil-Lyn said proudly.


Seih though said nothing, not wanting to give her rival the satisfaction of a response.


"You will never have him completely you know ... a part of him will always belong to me..."


Seih clenched her fists in anger after Evil-Lyn's remark. She knew Evil-Lyn's words were true and they tormented her like a cancerous sore. But in truth, what really plagued Seih's mind, and wrenched at her heart was her loves indecisiveness. Indecision was something she never saw from him over the years, or for that matter any other kind of weakness. Not when he rampaged through her universe, not through the assassination attempts, not through anything. Until, it came to having to choose between the love of two women.


"Perhaps witch … but I'm sure in time he will forget you … after all, after today you will be nothing more then a memory ..."


"A memory whom he loves … nothing you do will make him forget me, nothing Seih. I am a part of him as if I were an arm, leg or even his heart …" Evil-Lyn said as her eyes became slightly glossy thinking of how close her and Kakarotto had become. "Why do you think I did what I did today? Why do you think all of this happened? He needed to be forced into making a decision Seih, even if it meant one of us be totally devastated by his choice."


Seih's anger suddenly exploded in a blaze of yellow energy, blowing Evil-Lyn hundreds of yards away.


"You ruined my life to make him choose?!! Blasted witch can you not see he already made his choice?!!"


With her aura still ablaze, Seih slowly floated out of the crater and into the darkening sky. Seih then did a move that she knew would most likely cost her, her own life, but frankly the genius scientist no longer cared. Revenge against the person who ruined the most sacred day in her life, was all she cared about now. Transferring every ounce of energy she had left into the energy ball, the ball of Ki grew to the size of a small moon.


"Now die, so I can finally rid my life of your foul stench!!" Seih said as she threw the monstrous ball at Evil-Lyn.


A smile that could only be described as sadistic crossed Seih's lips as she saw the ball bare down on her hated enemy, engulfing the partially unconscious warrior completely. Evil-Lyn's agonizing screams echoed throughout the area as the death ball exploded. Sending a column of pure energy streaking pass the clouds and into space.


---------------------------------------------------


Kakarotto looked down at his newest pupil with a bit of concern as she was tossing and turning violently on the floor of the gravity room. The dark sorceress had passed out from exhaustion after another failed attempt to bring out her sleeping power. Kakarotto decided to let her get a bit of rest, considering she had been trying since the wee hours of the morning.


' I wonder what has her so troubled? '


(( Probably just a bad dream ... but, maybe you should peek and find out. Perhaps you may be able to help her with whatever it is after she awakes … ))


Doing as his alter ego advised, Kakarotto knelt down beside Evil-Lyn and placed his right palm unto her forehead. Instantly all of her recent memories flooded into his mind, causing the Saiya-jin ruler to recoil slightly. After a minute of viewing her thoughts, he removed his hand from off her forehead and stood back up, looking down at her with an emotionless gaze.


' That was strange to say the least …'


(( Strange?! She is having the same dream you had the night before. Strange, no. Prophetic, yes … ))


' So you're saying the dreams are a sign from Patamowos? '


(( They have to be, why else would two people have the same exact dream? I think you need to reconsider bringing her back with us. If that dream is of the future then she will die at Seih's hand. ))


' You don't know that … the vision ended as Evelyn was being hit by Seih's attack, anything could of happened after that ...'


(( True ... but you know the chances of surviving a direct hit from a planet cracker. She's not us Kakarotto. She won't be able to take incomprehensible amounts of punishment. ))


' Then I will make her able to ... when I'm finish with Evelyn, she will be able to survive in the heart of the sun if need be. '


Kakarotto then gently kicked Evil-Lyn in the ribs, sending her flying at an alarming speed towards the wall of the gravity chamber.


(( Why do this Kakarotto? ... Why put them through the ordeal in the vision? ))


Evil-Lyn's back slammed against the reinforced tungstenian wall with a resounding thud. The impact caused her to immediately awaken as she slumped down to the floor.


"What … --"


"No more sleep Evelyn, time to get back to work," Kakarotto said emotionlessly.


Even though she didn't like to be awaken so rudely. Evil-Lyn was glad to find out her battle with Seih and apparent death was only a dream, even though she would of sworn it was real.


' I wonder if that was another vision or simply a dream because of my hatred for Seih. I guess though it doesn't really matter. If I have to sacrifice my body, or life for that matter to gain true love, then so be it ... ' Evil-Lyn thought as she raised herself off the floor. ' Anyway, I'll worry about that dream later. Time to give this pompous king a piece of my mind about the way he awakened me. '


"Fine … but you didn't have to wake me up so rough you …--"


"Silence! No more games, no more stalling! Your power will come out now or else you die …"


Without giving her the chance to reply, Kakarotto quickly formed a ball similar to the one Seih originally used in the dream, and without hesitance threw the beach ball sized sphere at the shocked Eternian. Evil-Lyn looked on in horror as the sphere descended on her. Her heart began to race a million miles per hour as she stared face to face with death.


' This is like that dream …-- '


() You have no time to babble with yourself woman, your life is about to end if you don't do something soon! ()


' Why are you doing this to me? … I-I thought you weren't like Skeletor, I thought you actually cared ab …-- '


() I said stop your babbling and do something!! ()


With her life only seconds from ending, the Eternian witch did the only thing she could think of. Crossing her arms in front of her face Evil-Lyn braced herself for what she perceived to be her last moments in the land of the living.


' What is that foolish woman doing?! '


(( I don't think scaring Evelyn into unleashing her power will work. You need a motivational tool like you did with Adam. ))


' That dream is her motivational tool. Along with what I'm doing to her now, Evelyn will have all she needs to push herself. '


(( Again, I must ask you why do this? … You saw what will happen. Don't you care enough about both of them not to subject them to that amount of physical and emotional pain? ))


Even though members of his race, were/are not the most sensitive of peoples. The seasoned warrior at the moment was having a major conflict in his heart over his counterpart's question.


' I do care Son Goku … '


(( Then don't do this. Leave Evelyn here in Eternia under the supervision of Adam and his friends. I'm sure they will take care of her and make sure no harm will fall her way. ))


Heat, hotter then anything she had ever felt before coursed through every part of Evil-Lyn's body. She tried to cry out, but the intensity of the pain caused her body to go into a paralytic state of shock.


' I-I …can't believe it would end like this … Why? … Why can't I ever be happy!! I thought Skeletor loved me, but in the end I was nothing more then a tool in his quest for power. And Kakarotto … I thought he … he … '


An unearthly scream suddenly echoed throughout the gravity room, causing Kakarotto to break away from the conversation with his alter ego. The room became illuminated in purple, as he watched Evil-Lyn's power incinerate the ball he made, and continued to grow like a raging fire.


---------------------------------------------------


"See? ... it's over, just like you requested Teela," Adam said with a small smile.


Teela though looked on in horror at what Adam's copy had done. She instantly tried to run over to her incapacitated allies, but a restraining hand on her wrist quickly stopped her.


"Let go of ...--"


"Time to go my queen ..." Adam said scooping Teela into his arm's. "We have a kingdom to go and rule."


In an instant, Adam left from in the presence of the Masters and took to the skies, speeding like a comet towards the palace.


"You blasted liar, how could you do that to them?! Teela said as she unsuccessfully tried to free herself from Adam's embrace. But after a few seconds, she stopped struggling after realizing how high they were in the sky.


"How did I lie? I agreed to stop the battle, I never said how, nor did you specify. All you said to me is please end this. And that was exactly what I did Teela."


The captain said nothing, realizing what Adam said was true, and that she should be more upset with herself for not catching on to such a simple play on words.


' I can't believe I was fooled by such a simple trick! Now what am I suppose to do?! He seems intent on making me rule Eternia with him, even if he has to do it by force. ' Teela thought as she tried to rack her brain for a way to get out of her predicament.


The pair soon came within vicinity of the Palace. Adam was going to land directly in front of the gates, but as he came closer, he saw a familiar face outside the gates, decided to land about fifty yards away. The person apparently waiting for them, was someone both teens thought would of made an earlier appearance given all that had taken place.


"So, you really showed up," Adam said as he tossed Teela on a patch of grass. "I was beginning to think the mighty Cosmic Enforcer had developed a yellow streak," he said with a chuckle.


"Hardly ... I just wanted to see how far you would carry all of this," the last of the Zodakian's calmly stated.


"Really? ... I'm glad you were paying so close attention then to what is going on, instead of pursuing your endless vendetta against King Hiss and his Snakemen," Adam said with a bit of contempt.


Zodak though didn't respond to the young prince's comment. Within seconds, he closed the distance between them both and tried to impale Adam with his staff.


"You are able to gauge power unlike most on Eternia. So you should have an idea of what I'm truly capable of. But yet, you're still willing to fight me?" Adam said as he effortlessly caught the staff just as it was inches away from his throat.


"Yes, you are underestimating the power of evil young prince. And that, like so many others before you will be your own undoing. One man falling because of his ignorance is fine, but the planet and its people shouldn't have to fall with you," Zodak said as he unsuccessfully tried to pull his weapon free from Adam's grasp.


"You couldn't beat me when I was He-Man, what possible chance do you think you have now?"


"We shall see ...--"


Not giving him the chance to finish, an invisible wave of energy came from Adam's eyes sending Zodak flying thousands of feet into the sky.


"Teela ... before we are interrupted, would you like to know what it is like to be me? ... To know what has gone through my mind and how I feel ever since returning to Eternia?" Adam said looking down at her confused face.


Her swore she must be the most beautiful thing on the planet. A part of him didn't like what he was about to do. The results could be fatal if his calculations were even the slightest bit off. But in order for their relationship to be completely repaired and hopefully move unto the next level she needed to understand him, and that truth outweighed any danger of losing her in the young warrior's mind.


' And besides I have insurance incase something does go wrong ... '


Teela continued to look up at Adam with confusion. She started to ask him to clarify what he meant, but without warning she was levitated ten feet off the ground and hovered like a balloon tied to a string in midair.


"Adam what are ...--"


"I love you ... I swear by Patamowos when this is over, I will make everything right ..."


Adam's body started to glow with a blueish hue. At the same time six blue rings fused themselves unto Teela's body. One around each of her ankles, one around each of her wrists, one around her waist, and the last around her neck.


"I want you to understand what it is like to be me Teela ... only then will you fully understand why I'm doing all of this."


"A-Adam what are you planning on doing?! ..." Teela asked with a look of terror.


Adam raised both his hands, so that his palms were facing towards her. In seconds the rings on her body began to glow bright like stars. Teela began to cry out in agony, as pain, she never thought was possible to feel, was coursing through every part of her body.


---------------------------------------------------


A/N: Now what will happen to Teela? … Continue to read and find out. :) I won't lie, I flirted with continuing the scene, but I got tired of writing. LoL! Remember to let me know what you think of the chapter. Till next time. :)