Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Price Of Power ❯ Chapter: 17 ( Chapter 19 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
The Price Of Power
 
“ Speech “
` Thoughts `
(( Inward voice ))
() Telepathy ()
 
A/N: Hi all :) Nope this isn't the end yet. Enjoy!!
 
Chapter: Seventeen
 
-xXx-
 
In this brief life of ours, forgiveness can be the hardest thing for a person to do. But it is a needed necessity in order to live life to its fullest.
 
The Sorceress let out an ear-piercing cry, as the staff pierced right through the back of her shoulder and out through the front of the shoulder blade. Subsequently, causing blood to splatter onto Teela's hands and part of her chest plate from her mothers newly received wound. Teelana's cry and the site of the blood seemed though to have a positive effect despite its gruesome appearance, as it apparently snapped the teen out of her hate filled haze.
 
' All of my life I've wished for a mother and now I'm about to kill her? ... '
 
The teens hands were quivering from shock, as she continued to hold the staff. Teela almost couldn't believe what she had done, if not for the evidence right before her. She slowly looked down at her mother and watched in a daze as Teelana tried with all her might to not utter another word despite the pain she was in.
 
` What have I done? … ` Teela guiltily asked herself.
 
Teela slowly tightened her grip around the staff, and with one quick yank pulled the ancient weapon out of her mothers shoulder. The Sorceress let out another agonizing cry and dug her fingers into the ground trying to bear with the pain.
 
` What have I done? … ` Teela repeated, as tears began freely falling from her eyes.
 
Letting the staff drop to the ground directly in front of her mother. Teela turned around and began walking away. She stopped right at the edge of the abyss which once surrounded the once majestic castle. With her back to her mother she began saying something, which even though came out cold, filled the Sorceresses heart with hope despite her current situation.
 
“One chance … you have one chance to make good on your promise … fail and ... Don't fail ... You better not let me down again mother. Never again ...”
 
Teela remained at the edge of the abyss contemplating whether to wait for Adam to return or take the chance and jump over to the other side and walk back to the Palace.
 
` I could use a nice long stroll about now. Some time by myself, just to reflect, might do me a lot of good. `
 
Teela though quickly realized her time alone would have to wait. Despite her dislike for her mother, Teela realized she couldn't leave the Sorceress in her current condition.
 
Teelana silently watched as Teela came near her. A bit of fear struck her heart as she saw her daughters hard stare. Thoughts that maybe Teela had changed her mind about giving her another chance raced through her mind, serving only to increase her fears. But once her daughter reached her Teelana was somewhat put at ease as Teela bent down and tried to help her stand.
 
' Thank you whatever force has touched her heart …Thank you …-- `
 
Teelana let out a small yelp as the sudden movement caused her entire body to be racked with pain. She could of used her power to heal herself, and be spared of the agony. But the idea of herself and Teela having non-violent close contact was something she liked. It was something she secretly yearned for, something she needed as a mother.
 
` Ironic to be injured like this though, or maybe it's just deserts ... After … After what I did …'
 
-xXx-
 
--Flashback--
 
With hips swaying in full force, Teelana walked only the way a woman with one thing on her mind would towards Adam. The young Princes eyes went wide, as he saw her approaching. Her walk reminded him of how she approached him month's back and he had to admit to himself she was alluring, almost to the point of being overwhelming.
 
` Very alluring … if Teela wasn't around I would …-- `
 
Adam quickly stopped himself from continuing with the thought. He knew no good could come of it and quickly tried to dispel it from his mind. But his new subordinate was making it very hard, as she pressed her body against his and placed her head affectionately against his chest.
 
` Good Lord, what have I done? … `
 
Adam realized what the Sorceress wanted even without her uttering a single word. Causing her to take on Veena's personality was a move meant solely to gain control over her. He never considered doing so though, would have this unwanted side effect. Teelana believed she was really Veena, and consequently that meant she also believed Adam was her husband, and was expecting him to fulfill all of the duties of her deceased spouse.
 
“Come my love, lets leave this place and go somewhere more private …” Teelana said seductively.
 
The former guardian looked at her former champion hungrily, wanting with every fiber of her being to make love to her suppose husband. Adam knew he was in deep trouble if he didn't get away from her soon. His own cravings were starting to churn and if fully unleashed would most undoubtedly bring about a whole new situation the young heir wasn't ready to deal with.
 
` Oh great, how am I suppose to get away from …-- `
 
Adam paused, as he sensed some familiar power signatures heading his way. He let out a huge mental sigh, never so happy in his life to have the Master's attempt to interfere in his plans.
 
“My dear … there are some unwanted guest's heading our way. They may interfere with our plans and need to be dealt with as soon as possible. Would you mind dealing with them? I have some business I need to attend to ....“
 
“No need to ask my love, I will gladly take care of them. The fools will pay for interrupting us,” Teelana said with a twinge of anger.
 
“Thank you my dear ... But please try not to hurt them too badly. They are not enemies of ours, but mere confused people who are blind to the truth, and the change which is needed on our beloved world. Just stop them, nothing more please,” Adam then placed a small kiss on the Sorceresses forehead, trying to add more effect to the role as her husband.
 
The delusional woman then reluctantly removed herself from off Adam's muscular chest and looked up lovingly into his eyes. She reached up and placed a small kiss on his lips before changing herself into her eagle form Zoar, and then flying off to meet the Master's. As Adam watched her fly off he knew it was a mistake to awaken the spirit of Veena. And if the brainwashing wasn't reversed soon, he had the feeling his error would carry consequences he wouldn't soon forget.
 
-xXx-
 
In a scene which was almost identical to the previous days, the Master's hurried with reckless abandon towards the Royal Palace. Each one was filled with a sense of panic not knowing what they would find upon returning. They all were hoping though, that somehow the Sorceress and Zodak had found a way to stop Adam from his conquest or at the very least managed to delay him.
 
Even though being blown back hundreds of yards by the result of the Sorceresses attack on Adam, the group of heroes was relatively left unharmed save for a few cases of mild concussions. Their own physical condition was not what worried many though. Ever since Kakarotto's arrival, many had noticed their own roles in the planets fate seemed to be dwindling with each new startling event. It seemed to them that they were merely spectators; onlookers with no plausible impact to what new destiny awaited their home.
 
Powerlessness was something they all hated. After the many times they risked life and limb to help protect the planet, they felt at the very least they should have some sort of prominent role in securing its future. But ultimately they knew there was little they could do to change their ineffectiveness. For years, the playing field was somewhat equal during their many battles against Skeletor and the other evil which infested itself on Eternia. So collectively they always stood a chance of defeating their foes. But now they were confronted with at least two seemingly unstoppable beings, with power the likes of which they had never seen. And what made it worse, was that one of the beings was one of their own.
 
When they first heard Adam announce he was going to take over Eternia. To many it was like being stabbed in the heart with a knife. He was one of them, but with that statement, he unknowingly put himself in the category of the likes of Skeletor, Count Marzo and even the worst evil Eternia had ever known Hordak. Not that that he was even close to being the evil scum as those three. No, far from it actually. None believed he had turned evil. They saw him merely as being misguided and possibly warped by his own power. His statement was one of treason. A high crime in any kingdom. A crime they knew would carry harsh consequences if he were ever brought before a trial. So to help their friend; and he was still considered a friend by all in spite of his recent behavior. They were now hoping that despite their pitiable roles, they could at the very least prevent their comrade from further venturing deeper into a mistake they thought he was obviously oblivious to.
 
The sound of an eagle screeching high above snapped many of the warriors attention towards the sky. Inwardly those who looked wished they could be as care free as the majestic winged creature. To live life with no responsibility or heartache. To have as your only desire the need for food, shelter and to find a suitable mate. What a life many thought.
 
As the eagle continued to fly above them. Man-At-Arm's decided to take a look at the vociferous animal. He glared at the beast for a few seconds before realizing he had seen its distinct coloring and size somewhere before.
 
' S-sorceress?! ... ' he thought, hoping that it was indeed her.
 
Immediately calling for all of them to stop, Man-At-Arm's waited eagerly to see if the beast would swoop down and revile itself as the person he hoped it to be. They all began to question him as to why he ordered them to stop, especially when they were no more than two hundred yards away from the Palace.
 
Within a few seconds they all got their answer as the mighty bird swooped down and transformed itself into the Sorceress right before their astonished eyes.
 
The brainwashed wizard stood twenty feet away with her back towards them. A slight breeze caused her auburn colored hair to gently blow to the left, enhancing her already majestic profile. Secretly, many hearts began to skip a beat as they saw her. She was all woman; not like they needed any reminder of that. A beauty nearly beyond words, which many men would sell their souls to call beloved.
 
' What a marvelous beauty ... By the Elders I have never seen anything or one like her before ... ' Fisto paused for a second, as a deeply buried thought rose from the depth of his memory.
 
A memory of a beautiful woman in her twenties, standing underneath a tree, looking down at an injured man covered with white bandages, filled his thoughts. Not really caring who the mysterious bandaged man was, Fisto instead focused his attention on trying to remember the identity of the girl, but despite his efforts, her identity escaped him. But as he continued to look at the Sorceress another thought came Fisto's way, which filled his heart with a strange sense of excitement.
 
` Could it be her? …I do see a bit of a resemblance, but …-- ` Fisto's train of thought was interrupted as he heard his brother crying out to the Sorceress. The elder warrior decided to put his speculations on hold, deciding that at a later time he would address the issue further.
 
Teelana remained silent, despite the constant cries from Man-At-Arms asking her if everything at the palace was okay and if her and Zodak managed to delay/stop Adam.
 
' Sorceress, Zodak, Adam? ... These are some strange people indeed. ' the Sorceress thought to herself.
 
Raising her staff towards the sky, Teelana's body became incased in an aura of white energy. The Master's looked on quizzically at her actions, each suddenly getting a feeling something was about to happen which they wouldn't like.
 
“Get away from her!! She's not who you think!!”
 
Zodak's warning was to late as the Sorceress thrust down her staff, causing her collected energy to streak across the ground in a zigzag pattern towards the Master's. The warrior's had little chance to take action as they were caught like rats in trap as the energy took the shape of vines and wrapped themselves around each of the Master's, rendering them all completely incapacitated. A magical square cage then suddenly appeared around the hapless heroes, adding an extra insurance in Teelana's warped mind that they weren't going anywhere anytime soon.
 
“Now will you people leave myself and my love alone?! … Or the next time I see any of you, it won't go as pleasant as today …” Teelana said in a deadly tone, while staring down each of the Master's.
 
The restrained heroes in turn gave her a look which begged if she had gone insane.
 
“Sorceress! You must fight whatever he's done to you!” Zodak pleaded, as he came limping up to her like a wounded animal.
 
Teelana looked at him strangely, wondering who this battered and bruised stranger was that decided he was worthy enough to address her.
 
“Fight whatever it is Adam did to you! You're stronger than to let him manipulate your mind so!” he pleaded once again.
 
The Sorceress gave him another strange look, before suddenly giving him a small ominous smile.
 
“Why should I? ... Being his toy is better than being alone …”
 
Zodak turned pale as he heard her words. Was it possible that Teelana willfully gave herself over to Adam? But to the cosmic enforcer it made no sense why she would willfully accept slavery. For as long as she had known her, she was a strong and independent woman, wanting to be mastered by no one. So willful slavery was out of the question as for as he was concerned. But it still left him without a plausible reason for her statement.
 
“You should of stayed away Zodakian … stayed far away …” she said in a deadly tone, while pointing the glowing top of her staff towards him. Teelana though had no idea why she just said what she said. The statement and the one before, almost seemed to blurt out on their own, almost as if it was someone else had said them.
 
Zodak looked like a deer caught in the headlights. If Teelana did indeed attack him like she seemed intent on doing the warrior knew he was in big trouble. His body was barely functional given the earlier beating he took from Teela. The only reason he was conscious now, was because of his years of building up his body and power. A wise move knowing the world in which he inhabited, and that the battle against evil could come at any time. But now he found himself in a predicament which he only envisioned would happen if Hordak was somehow freed from Despondos. For he arrogantly thought no one short of Hordak could damage him so severely.
 
' I can't stand here and dwell on the blow to my ego. I have to do something before she fires. '
 
Deciding to become the aggressor, Zodak focused what power he had remaining into all parts of his body, and started to run towards the Sorceress at a blistering pace. The elder warrior quickly closed the twenty-foot gap, which was between the two, even though each step he took racked his body with excruciating pain. Swinging his staff, he successfully knocked the Sorceresses own out of her hands right as she fired her attack.
 
The blast hurled into the sky and eventually out of the site of everyone. But Zodak knew he wasn't out of danger yet given the Sorceresses current state of mind. His premonition soon proved to be true as she caught him squarely in the jaw with a right hook sending the battered warrior staggering back a few feet.
 
' Blast that girl for what she did to my body! If I weren't so badly damaged I could of avoided that punch! '
 
Zodak quickly calmed himself down and turned his full attention back on his opponent. His timing couldn't of been better as he narrowly avoided a flying roundhouse kick. But in his current battered state, he failed to notice his attacker was merely an illusion, as the real Sorceress seemed to come out of nowhere and kicked him right between his legs.
 
If only his body wasn't in such bad shape. If only he could move and avoid attacks like he knew he could. But sadly, Zodak was nowhere near what he was truly capable of, and as a result now found himself on his knees, clutching his ailing crotch.
 
“You should of stayed away Zodakian, and spared yourself further insult...”
 
Teelana stood over, and looked down at the ailing warrior with a triumphant look. Materializing her bird staff into her right hand, she drew the weapon back, taking on the appearance of a baseball player in a batting stance.
 
“Nighty night ...” Teelana stated ominously.
 
Swinging as if she were trying to hit a home run. The Sorceress connected with a devastating shot to the left side of the kneeling warriors face, knocking off his helmet, and also sending him skidding on the ground for about ten feet.
 
The Master's just looked on, completely shocked at what was taking place. Many began to question Man-At-Arm's, hoping he could clarify the situation. But as he watched the Sorceress walk slowly up to the apparently unconscious Zodak, and stand over him with a look that he could only describe as sadistic. He realized there was no suitable answer that could be given.
 
Even though the Sorceresses attack injured him severely; by means of a concussion. Zodak miraculously was still conscious, but barely. He now more then ever was glad for his perseverance in regard to his conditioning, for surely a less prepared warrior would be flat on their back in the world of dreams, given the punishment he had received in the day so far.
 
“Poor Zodak … Poor, poor Zodak … If your brothers fought like this against King Hiss, no wonder they were devoured …” Teelana disrespectfully stated, before letting out a malicious, mocking laugh, as she continued to look down at the fallen warrior.
 
Teelana's statement filled the last Zodakian with rage. Ignoring the pain, Zodak suddenly sprung up, drawing back his right fist as he rose, ready to make the Sorceress pay for her disrespect.
 
“I have you now fool …” she whispered, before giving the ailing warrior a small smirk.
 
Teelana put her staff in front of her face, just in time to block the punch. She once again tried to kick him in the groin, but Zodak put up his left knee, blocking her attack. Teelana surprisingly didn't attempt a counterattack, a move which surprised the Zodakian greatly.
 
“Goodbye fool, have a nice rest …”
 
In an instant, the Sorceress used her magic to jump back nearly thirty feet, and watched with an eery smile as Zodak was struck in the back and engulfed with the same blast of magical energy he managed to deflect into the sky before. The impact shook the area slightly, but other then causing a few leafs to fall off the trees, it thankfully did no other significant damage.
 
The Master's continued to watch perplexed and horrified at what happened. Black smoke rose from the area where Zodak was struck causing them all to wonder who had fired the shot, and more importantly if their part-time comrade was still alive.
 
A few seconds later a light breeze came across the land, blowing a majority of the smoke away. The welcomed breeze made the impact area visible enough for them to see that Zodak still standing; a sight, which filled their hearts with hope. But after a few more seconds he crumpled to the ground unconscious, quickly shattering their optimism. After taking a few seconds to overcome the shock at what had taken place, the Master's frantically looked around to see who had fired the blast at Zodak, but after their collected eyes roamed the area and saw no one. They could only surmise that somehow the Sorceress had managed to fire the attack, even though they didn't see how she could've done so without any of them noticing.
 
“I warned the fool that he should of stayed away, now look at him,” Teelana said pointing over to the fallen warrior. “Unless you all wish the same or worse treatment, I suggest you take my earlier advice, and leave myself and my love alone!”
 
With that said, the Sorceress began to walk off, leaving the Master's still immobilized and still mystified as to what was going on.
 
The brain washed wizard was still puzzled over some of the things she had said to the Master's and Zodak. It still felt to her as if someone else was talking, uttering strange things she knew nothing about.
 
` So strange … I was talking as if I knew that strange fellow. And that attack I used to defeat him. I don't recall using such an attack before, so I wonder where the idea for it came from? ... Perhaps my love will know? …'
 
Teelana then changed into Zoar, and headed back towards her suppose love in hope that he would have the answers to her questions.
 
-xXx-
 
Adam stood before the small army assembled before the Palace entrance giving the nervous soldiers a small chuckle. Knowing his father, Adam knew Randor would send men to meet him at the entrance incase the Master's failed to persuade him from carrying out his plan. But Adam was surprised that his father sent so many. Not counting the hundred soldiers that were sent to protect the Ice Dragons location. Adam estimated that half of the remaining Royal Army was standing before him. Seventy five in all, made up of mostly men, but also a few women, all sharing, regardless of their gender the same skittish look. They obviously didn't like what had been ordered of them. To fight the Prince of their kingdom was simply an incomprehensible thing in their minds. But like the Master's they knew what was their duty, and reluctantly would carry it out even though they were hoping for another way to resolve the situation.
 
` I can sense the rest inside the Palace. Stationed oh so faithfully to protect their King incase these here aren't able to stop me. And they won't … `
 
Teela now free from Adam's Ki bindings, stood next to him with the same stone face she normal had when in front of her men. Adam's power continued to flow through her, continuing to make her feel invincible. Even though her clothes looked a bit tattered; due to her fight with the Sorceress. The teen appeared to be the picture of health, as she began to address the soldiers.
 
“I your captain, command you all to stand down! ... As heir to the throne, Adam has full rights to uproot his father if he feels the King is acting in a way which is detrimental to Eternia and its people. And in a sense, King Randor has, by not listening to his son about the power Skeletor now wields. Skeletor now posses the power of the ancients; the secret power which was hidden within Castle Grayskull,” Teela paused for a few seconds, giving her words sometime to sink in.
 
Many of the soldiers looked visibly upset after her statement. Small murmurings were heard going throughout the mass assembled. Obviously Teela's statement unsettled the Royal Guard, showing that perhaps her words contained some things they were most likely never told about.
 
“But don't worry my soldiers ... Adam can destroy Skeletor. The power the Prince now wields; do to his training at the hands of Kakarotto. Is for lack of a better word simply unimaginable … Skeletor will die! Not just defeated, just to return at a later time, to repeat the same old tiresome circle. But the next time he dares shows his face the fool will finally be dealt with properly. Our home will finally be free, and we can all get the rest we all deserve.”
 
As Teela spoke, many could see a change in their captain. After having first hand experience in wielding some of Adam's power, she now believed like him. Without a doubt she believed he was capable of ridding the entire planet of the likes of Skeletor or whomever, or whatever else came threatening.
 
As Adam heard her speak, a small smile crossed his lips. From the beginning this was what he desired; for her to finally understand what it felt like to be him. This was the other reason he let her battle the Sorceress, and the reason he let it go on so long. He knew just telling her what he faced daily most likely wouldn't bring about what he wanted accomplished. He wanted to have her walk a bit in his shoes, to see why he thought the way he did.
 
“Perhaps I should be honored father is categorizing me in with his brother? Perhaps as his son, he now sees me as a betrayer like Skeletor? … Is that how all of you view me? … Through the years most if not all of you guarded me and watched me mature. Have I ever done, or even been rumored to have done anything to the detriment of Eternia?” Adam paused, allowing them to think over what was said.
 
While he waited, Adam sensed the Sorceress heading directly towards him. At the same time, Teela turned her attention towards the direction where her mother was coming from, letting out a small growl as she did. The teen didn't know why she started to do so. All that she saw was a large eagle heading in her direction, nothing she thought that would cause the type of animosity she was feeling.
 
` The last time I felt this way was when my mother, no… when that whore was around … `
 
As the eagle started to descend, it came into much better view, allowing Teela to get a better look at it. The teen still didn't know why she was feeling so much animosity towards the beast, until a few seconds later it landed to Adam's right and revealed its true form.
 
` It's her!! `
 
With titanic effort, Teela resisted the urge to attack her mother. Even though she was still on a power trip, the teen was no fool. She knew the instant she would try anything even remotely resembling violence, Adam would stop her immediately.
 
' I'll just have to wait for a better time. He can't always keep an eye on both of us, so whenever his attention is diverted, then I will strike, ' the teen smiled deviously, just thinking of what she would do to the Sorceress once the opportunity arose.
 
() Cute plan Teela, cute plan. But you know it will never work. I can keep track on both your locations at all times. () Adam said while turning to face her, and giving the now stone faced teen a small smile.
 
Even though she was burning inwardly with rage, Teela said nothing to Adam's statement. Instead the teen returned her attention back to the soldiers, who were anxiously awaiting an explanation of who this mysterious person who appeared next to Adam was.
 
Teelana glared at the soldiers menacingly ready to strike them all down if they even made the slightest attempt to harm her love. Seeing the look of death she was giving the soldiers, Adam wisely and quickly leaned over and whispered into her ear that they weren't a threat. Even though she believed her pseudo husbands words, Teelana continued to eye them warily, just incase any of them tried anything funny.
 
Adam let out small smile at her actions, before turning back to address the soldiers. Teelana's spousal concern brought a warm fuzzy sensation to Adam's heart. Forcing him to admit to himself, he found her protective attitude a bit comforting.
 
“I will be perfectly honest with you defenders of Eternia. Your prince has in his young life made many mistakes in which he has regretted. For instance, the events which now have you all out here to confront me by the order of my father. I am sorry ... for the mistakes I've done that have as a result caused much unwanted stress in many of your hearts,” Adam said his statement with an apologetic look, as he was truly sorry for his mistakes and the stress his actions had put on other peoples lives.
 
“I'm sure by now all of you have heard about Grayskull and what possibly may have caused its destruction? The rumor says I had something to do with it, and truth be known the rumors are correct. As a result of the battle I had with its guardian, we managed to cause its destruction ...” he said motioning over to the Sorceress who only gave the soldiers looking at her a confused look.
 
“The battle between mother and daughter many of you saw taking place outside the gates, I was responsible for that also ... The reason why Skeletor now possesses the power of Grayskull, I'm responsible for that as well ...” Adam stopped, taking a huge sigh, realizing that admitting his wrongs wasn't an easy thing to do.
 
“Now, just about all of you are surely wondering why? ... Why did I do the things I did, and also why admit them to you all now? It's quite simple ... You have all risked your lives in defending our land from all sorts of dangers. The least you should know is why your standing out here.”
 
Adam's statement caused a wave of chatter throughout the assembled mass. Many had no idea how to respond to their princes' proclamations, while many were visibly upset by his words.
 
“As someone who has risked his life on many occasions against Skeletor and the other vermin on Eternia. I know if I was in any of your positions I would have the same confused, saddened, or angry looks some of you have now. Now I'm sure you're all wondering when have I risked my life in battles against Skeletor? ... Well ... I fought him many times, but not as Prince Adam. No ... I fought him as no other then his most feared, and hated enemy, He-Man ...“
 
To say the soldiers were shocked would have been an understatement. Another wave of chatter went throughout the crowd, as not one of them could believe his statement.
 
“If you don't believe me, just ask Teela or any of the Masters. Better yet, why don't you ask my father …”
 
Shocking all who saw what happened next. Randor suddenly came bursting through one of the Palace walls encased in a sphere of blue energy. Adam watched with great amusement, as the sphere set his shocked and greatly confused father down a few feet away from him.
 
“Adam what is the meaning of this?!” an exasperated father asked his smiling son.
 
“Well father … since you asked oh so nicely, I will tell you,” Adam snapped his fingers, releasing his father from the ball of Ki.
 
Randor's fury still wasn't quenched. One moment he was having an argument with his wife about his use of the Royal Guard to potentially do battle with their son. Obviously the Queen wasn't pleased with the idea; wanting more to talk and reason the situation to a peaceful end. And the next, he's surrounded by a bluish ball of energy and crashing through walls.
 
“Father … the soldiers here want to know if I am/was He-Man?”
 
Randor now looked at his son quizzically. Knowing his child, he knew Adam was up to something, but what it was the monarch knew not.
 
“Instead of that, maybe you should inform them of why they're out here to stop my insane son from acting even more foolishly!” he blurted out angrily.
 
“If you answer the question, I promise this coup of mine will be over …” Adam said with a small smile.
 
To Adam's reply Randor gave his son a suspicious look. His premonition about something being amiss only grew stronger, but eventually he knew it was better to answer the question, if it meant a resolution would come about.
 
“If you are truly serious about putting an end to your foolishness, then yes … by what Man-At-Arm's revealed to myself, the Queen, and the Master's, you and He-Man are the same …”
 
That single declaration of the truth nearly sent the kingdom of Eternia into turmoil. He-Man, the symbol of all that was good on Eternia. The person who many of the regular town folk looked up to as a hero. The person who many of the Royal Guard themselves looked up to. Was revealed to be none other then the Prince of Eternia himself. The same prince who now wanted to uproot his own father as king.
 
When he first concocted his plan to take over Eternia. Adam knew in order to avoid a violent transition of rulership, he needed to have three key pieces on his side.
 
The first Teela, as Captain of the Guard, her influence among the soldiers would be immeasurable. Her loyalty and faithfulness to Eternia was without question. Many knew without even having to ask, she was someone who would give her life in a heart beat to protect her home.
 
The second the Sorceress. Being the former guardian of Castle Grayskull and all its power and secrets. She held a place of mystic among many, if not all of those on Eternia. She was a figure once thought of as a myth, but after being revealed as anything but a few months back, and now as she was in clear view of the soldiers present. She represented power and unparalleled wisdom. A wisdom, which many of those gathered and in the land viewed as being unquestionable.
 
Then the third and final piece Adam needed was none other then the soldiers themselves. He knew by listening to them talk through the years how many saw their planet and also how many wished the king would take a more proactive stance in dealing with Skeletor. How many wanted the vermin infesting the planet to be wiped out, rather than allowed to escape, only to come back threatening at a later time.
 
Adam was no fool and masterfully played these three to his advantage. His manipulation caused a split in the guard. The small number who decided to side with the Prince; who thought that perhaps a more aggressive rulership was needed in Eternia. Where called traitors or worse, by those who remained loyal to Randor. The animosity among the soldiers was growing by the moment, so much so it threatened to become a full-scale riot.
 
Randor saw what was happening around him, then looked at his smiling son, knowing instantly that somehow Adam managed to trick him. But Randor knew regardless of whether he was tricked or not, a full scale civil war within Eternia couldn't be allowed to happen no matter what. Such a thing the monarch reasoned would totally destroy the kingdom. So ultimately Randor knew he had but one choice to avert total disaster.
 
“Fine … you win Adam … if this is what you really want, if this what will truly make you happy? Then so be it … ” he said taking off his crown, and then throwing it at Adam's feet.
 
-xXx-
 
In the confines of his room Adam tried desperately to fight off his over sexed creation. Or one should say sexually starved creation, as the Sorceress tried with all her might to get her suppose husband into his bed. Now that the day's events were taken care of, she saw no reason why both couldn't indulge themselves in each other's love. But she grew increasingly frustrated and hurt, as her love seemed uninterested.
 
“Why are you being hesitant my love? ... That impostor king is imprisoned, those strange people you call the Master's are dealt with, and will no longer pose us a threat. So come, let us fulfill our vows to each other and drink deep of love the entire night ...” Teelana said the last part seductively, while giving Adam a hungry look.
 
The young warrior knew he was in trouble. He was having absolutely no success changing the Sorceress back into her true self and with each passing comment about making love, he was losing more and more of his self-control.
 
' What a fool I am! What a fool!! 'Adam mentally screamed at himself.
 
Deciding to give it another try the now king continued to restrain the Sorceress by the wrists despite her vibrant opposition.
 
“Listen to me Sorceress! Fight it, fight it and become who you really are! You are the Sorceress of Castle Grayskull, protector of all it's secrets and mother to Teela. Veena is nothing more then a memory within you, nothing more ... “ Adam pleaded, hoping his words would snap her out of the delusional state she was in.
 
Veena looked at him quizzically, then began to silently cry. She slouched down to the ground, her body seemingly devoid of life, as the tears became a torrent of emotion filled weeping. Adam looked at her strangely, shocked beyond words at her sudden actions.
 
“My love, have I not been a faithful and devoted wife to you? Loved you with every fiber of my being? Have I not served you faithfully since we've been together? Served you as if you were my master, never denying you any of your wishes. So why …--“
 
“Look woman, I am not your husband! You are not Veena! Veena died a long, long time ago! Your name is Teelana mother to Teela and former guardian of Castle Grayskull!”
 
Adam said his proclamation of the truth rather bluntly, hoping his straightforward and harsh tone would snap the Sorceress back to being herself. But unfortunately for him, his words seemed to have a worse effect, as Teelana began crying with even more severity.
 
“I-is there another woman? … Has some whore bewitched you? …' she said through sobs glaring at him like he had stabbed her through the heart.
 
Adam was quickly running out of ideas to snap her back to normal. Letting out a frustrated sigh, he decided to sit on his bed while still looking at the weeping woman before him. He let go of her wrists, causing her hands to drop almost lifelessly to the floor. The Sorceress wrapped her arms around herself, then bent over as if she were in great pain. Continuing with her emotional outburst, she then looked up into Adam's eyes, giving him a look which nearly broke his heart.
 
Adam wanted to say something, but was to mentally drained to say anything to the crumpled mass of flesh before him. Teelana though repeatedly begged him to tell her why he kept refusing to be with her. With each pleading statement, his guilt over what he had done only increased, and sequentially, was slowly breaking down the falls of his resistance to her pleas.
 
“My love please say something … Answer me please, please …”
 
Adam still said nothing, afraid that any semblance of the truth would make her outbursts even worse. But yet he knew something needed to be done. Once Teela awakened he knew the situation would only become worse. There was no way Veena would accept Teela, and no way Teela would accept Veena. Both women would obviously desire his affections. And once both saw the other trying to be with him, Adam knew sparks would fly between the two.
 
` Sparks would probably be an understatement …-- `
 
“Teela? … Who is Teela?! …” Teelana stated, to a shocked Adam. “I-is that the beast who has stolen your heart from me?! Is it?! Is it?!” she said looking at Adam with a mixture of sadness and fury.
 
Adam looked stunned, as her questions caught him off guard. That was until though, he remembered the link they once shared and contemplated that perhaps the connection wasn't totally dead like he once thought.
 
“Who is she?! Who is she?! Is it that strange loudmouth girl from before?! I'll rip the slut apart!!”
 
The Sorceress then jumped up and started to run towards the door with a wild look, which Adam knew would mean severe trouble if she made it to Teela. With blazing speed he appeared behind her and wrapped her in a bear hug right as she was reaching for the door. The delusional woman at first tried to wiggle and squirm her way free, but after a few seconds settled down without moving so much as an inch.
 
Adam let out a relieved Sigh, thankful Teelana seemed to have calmed down. But as the young ruler would soon come to realize about women. They are some of if not the most cunning creatures ever created, with many ways to accomplish what they desire.
 
' What is she doing?! ... '
 
Deciding that her over exaggerated outburst had done its job. Teelana began to rub her posterior against his crotch, causing a great deal of excitement within the teens loins.
 
“I will make you forget her ...” Teelana said seductively.
 
Adam froze, his hormones and fears sky rocketed, knowing that if he didn't get away from her soon he would be knee deep in trouble. But as the young monarch sought to push the Sorceress away, before he even got the chance, his fears would only increase given her next unexpected move.
 
The Sorceresses body suddenly turned transparent, causing her to appear like an apparition. The brain washed wizard then literally fazed out of his grasp, leaving Adam only grasping her clothes. The now naked woman turned to face her pseudo husband in all her natural glory. As he saw her mischievous smile, Adam realized for the first time that he had been tricked, and that her outburst was nothing more then a ploy to get his guard down.
 
“I will make you forget her ... this I swear ...”
 
-- End Flashback --
 
-xXx-
 
Horrid guilt gripped the Sorceresses heart as she remembered what she had done to Zodak and the Master's. But the thing which really tormented her was the incident with Adam later in the day.
 
` How can I tell Teela what happened?… How can I tell her myself and Adam did lay together after all? She would never forgive me for that, never … `
 
More guilt tormented the Sorceress as she continued to remember more of her and Adam's fornication filled afternoon/evening. She found it amusing, in a twisted sort of way, that the one thing Adam was trying to avoid, was the very thing which snapped her back to being herself. In fact, it was just after they had finished indulging in each other that Teelana regained her senses. But by that time the damage had been done, and both lives were now permanently intertwined with the other, whether they knew/wanted it or not.
 
` It's because of his manipulation that I defiled myself once again! …But yet in time Teela would be willing to forgive him. She would forever see me as the guilty one and not that bastard! `
 
A scowl soon came over the Sorceresses appearance, causing Teela to give her mother a strange look. The teen was about to ask, in a very rude manner, what was troubling her. But before she got the chance, Teelana suddenly encased herself and Teela in a ball of magic. Levitating them both near a hundred feet above the remains of Grayskull, Teelana then propelled the sphere like a rocket towards the Royal Palace.
 
In a span of time, which could have been no longer than thirty seconds, the pair made it to the palace gates. The Sorceress then set them both gently on the ground, exactly twenty feet away from the entrance.
 
Once they landed, and Teela saw her mother remove the protective sphere. She immediately got up into her parents face, asking in the rudeness manner possible, why she transported them both back to the palace without the slightest bit of warning. Teelana didn't give her daughter an immediate reply, for in her heart she knew she had no real answer to give her.
 
“Well! Are you going to just stand there like a mute, or are you actually going to say something?! Answer my question you …--“
 
Teela stopped, before she said something that would go against the promise she made to give the Sorceress another chance at being a proper mother. Taking deep breathes and mentally counting to ten, the teen tried with all her might to calm down. The task though was proving to be quite momentous given her recent emotional instability.
 
Teelana looked into her daughter's eyes and could see the internal conflict that was going on. The site only confirmed a theory the Sorceress had; that given the past couple of days events, Teela shouldn't of been able to use the Neo Enhancer. She then reasoned that even while she looked at her now her daughter's body was probably yearning for the drugs numbing effects.
 
` She definitely is strong willed, much more than I thought … To resist that drugs effects, whether purposely or not, is a great feat. She certainly is a better woman then myself. '
 
“ I-I … have to tell you something Teela … Something, that will be hard for you to hear, but needs to be said …”
 
Teelana paused for a second trying to collect her thoughts. She knew admitting what happened between herself and Adam would be the hardest thing she had ever done. The only thing comparable she thought, was her admitting to Teela that she was indeed her mother and the events/circumstances, which led up to that being so.
 
Teelana had to admit to herself she was scared. She would never forget Teela's reaction to that reviling first conversation. Her biting words seemed to be seared into her mind, a permanent reminder of her errors. Now, she risked the same, or an even worse incident happening. She now wondered if it was truly necessary to tell her daughter what happened.
 
` I want to be honest and not hide things from her. But truly, what good would be served from telling her about my newest moral failure? `
 
Teelana now used her years of wisdom to weigh the benefits of telling her, against the almost certain irreversible damage she feared would happen.
 
` It may not pay to reveal to her this secret at this time. Maybe … after we have repaired our relationship, and forged it into a real and lasting bond like how a parent and child should have, then perhaps I will tell her. `
 
For the first time since the conversation in her daughter's room, the former guardian let out a smile. Finding a way to put off another heart wrenching conversation, brought a joy which her psyche desperately needed. In fact she was feeling quite jubilant at the moment, or as happy as a person could feel considering all the tumultuous events they had gone through in the last few days.
 
“Again you're standing there in silence. You said you have something to tell me, so lets here it,” Teela stated in a much more placid manner then her previous rude statement.
 
“It can wait Teela, it can wait … They're other things that need attending to; for instance my injured shoulder,” the Sorceress said with a small smile, and in a surprisingly delightful tone, which caught her daughter slightly off guard.
 
Teela looked at the Sorceress with skepticism. She had the feeling that whatever it was her mother was originally going to tell her was something very serious. If not, Teela knew the Sorceress wouldn't of said anything at all. But, for the time being the teen decided not to push the issue.
 
Reaching down to her side, Teela removed the small circular communicator from her waist and was about to signal to the guard inside to open the gates and also to alert the infirmary to prep for possible surgery to repair a severely damaged shoulder. But before the teen could utter a word, she was blown back by an invisible force, which slammed her hard against the palace gates.
 
“Eternia is now mine wench! … Bow down before your new master! …” A mysterious voice boomed into the Sorceresses eardrums.
 
A twisted, disgustingly evil laugh soon followed after the mysterious voice, echoing in the Sorceresses ears, forcing her to look around frantically for its source.
 
“Dear God … help us all …” Teelana stated, as she was frozen with fright, as she came upon the origin of the laughter.
 
A mutated Skeletor stood about fifty yards behind her. The Master of Evil was now truly a site to behold. He stood at least ten feet tall. His body was a mass of bulging purple muscle, which excluded nothing but power. Other then those two changes, he was no different then his normally horrid looking self, except for the third and final change to his body, which when Teelana saw it nearly made her stomach turn in knots. Was the Orb of the Elders imbedded in the middle of his now massive chest.
 
“I said bow down wench!... Or share the fate of all who dare oppose me!”
 
Before she knew what was happening the world around Teelana suddenly became filled with a blinding white light, then within seconds all around her went black as she lost consciousness.
 
-xXx-
 
A/N: And finally ... Skeletor arrives. :) Look for Kakarotto and Evil-Lyn to make their return in the next chap. One more chapter and I believe that will be it for The Price Of Power. Now of course while I'm writing the chapter I may decide not to end it, but as of now the next chapter is it folks. Well, let me know what you think. Till next time. :)