Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Price Of Power ❯ Chapter: 18 ( Chapter 20 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
The Price Of Power
 
“ Speech “
` Thoughts `
(( Inward voice ))
() Telepathy ()
 
A/N: Hi all ^_^This is part one to the ending, Enjoy!!
 
Chapter: Eighteen (First installment of the ending)
 
-xXx-
 
Freezing, was the only word which Evil-Lyn kept repeating over and over again in her mind. Well that and a few other choice words targeted at Kakarotto for making her endure an icy torture, which he had the audacity in her mind to refer to as trying to toughen her up.
 
The pair had been out there for hours in the Arctic like wasteland. At first he had her just running at her top speed, braving the howling winds and slippery conditions. It was dangerous, extremely dangerous, but she got through it with no problems other than a few bruises from slipping and falling a few times. But that was where the easiness ended and her torture really began.
 
` Training?! This is madness!! `Evil-Lyn exasperatedly thought.
 
“Okay Evelyn, down! …” Kakarotto barked, as he sat on a mound of snow about ten feet away from her.
 
Evil-Lyn gave him a snarl, before doing as he commanded. Getting into a squat position the witch started wondering how she got in this predicament to begin with. But mere seconds later she knew the answer, and started wondering if her quest for power was truly worth the agony she was in now.
 
` I better end up being the most powerful woman ever to exist for this ... this torture that blasted maniac is putting me through! `
 
“And up!” he ordered once again.
 
Evil-Lyn tried to obey, but after doing forty squats with a two hundred pound baby dragon on her back, her leg muscles, let alone her entire body refused to exert the energy needed to do so.
 
` Training my …-- What the?!!`
 
Evil-Lyn suddenly let out a yell, and jumped at least ten feet, just narrowly avoiding a small ki blast meant for her legs.
 
Kakarotto smiled at her ability. His newest student already had gotten a good foothold on how to use ki to strengthen her body; apparent by her use of it to do squats with Asho on her back, and also the ten-foot jump she did to avoid his attack. He saw she had the potential to be great or at least able to hold her own against Seih, if the two actually came to blows.
 
(( If Kakarotto? What do you mean? You know full well they will beat the heck out of each other whenever the opportunity arises. ))
 
` Your opinion is noted, even though not desired … ` Kakarotto responded back to his alter ego.
 
(( Why are you so thickheaded when it comes to this issue. Anyone can see having the two in any sort of close proximity to the other is just not a good idea. Let alone, you now want to make Evelyn your new bodyguard to replace Jenna … Seih will never go for that, never … ))
 
` Seih will go with what I tell her. I am the ruler of the kingdom not her. `
 
(( She will be co-ruler soon, if you actually go through with your plans to marry her. A Queen hating the person who is suppose to protect her, and a bodyguard hating the person they are suppose to give their own life to protect, just don't mix. It's a receipt for disaster, which will affect everyone close to the situation. ))
 
` I must commend you on your tactful and well thought out response. Even though I'm sure you will never admit this, but you have benefited from my regaining control of this body. If I never did Son Goku, then the wisdom which laid dormant with me while I slept, and was restored to both of us upon my awakening, you wouldn't have now. `
 
(( Okay … there is truth in what you're saying, but what does that have to do with Evelyn and Seih? ))
 
` Everything … Saiya-jin wisdom tells me the way to deal with this problem is quite simple. If it does eventually lead to violence, then it leads to violence …Their animosity has to be settled in some way shape or form. I highly doubt the two can sit down and talk about their problems while having a cup of tea. So it looks like violence, unless Patamowos shows another way, will be the solution. `
 
(( You want them to fight don't you? … You want them to make the decision you can't. You want them to choose who you make your true bride ... ))
 
` Yes Son Goku … if it will make you feel better and stop your annoying chatter, then yes. If they do Indeed battle, then whomever is left alive after their duel will be my true bride … '
 
(( That is how you treat two women who love you?! )) Son Goku said with outrage, given his counterparts callous attitude.
 
' It is the Saiya-jin way Son Goku ... Like Vegita once told you about how Saiya-jin women used to settle disputes over a male. Seih and Evelyn will …-- ` Kakarotto paused, as he sensed that Skeletor was on the move.
 
' The fool is walking right into the arm's of death …Evelyn will certainly want to see this, ` Kakarotto thought with a huge smile.
 
(( We will continue this conversation later Kakarotto … What you're doing to those two is wrong … ))
 
` Whatever you wish Son Goku, whatever you wished … ` Kakarotto nonchalantly replied.
 
Turning his attention back to his very irate student, who was verbally expressing her displeasure at being fired upon. Kakarotto informed her that her training was over for the day, and that there was something he wanted her to see; something he promised her she would not soon forget.
 
-xXx-
 
` Victory... `
 
Oh how the word sent a jolt of jubilation throughout his black heart. After years of trying and failing, he had finally won. Eternia; the throne of which in his mind was rightfully his, he now would posses.
 
` I will rule all of Eternia with an iron fist. Those who dear to oppose me will die a slow, agonizing death. And when I grow tired of dominating the insects of this world, I will spread my evil throughout to the rest of the Galaxy. My shadow shall stretch far; farther then even what Hordak had accomplished, ` he thought with a depraved smile.
 
A bellowing laugh soon escaped from the remnants of the mutants disfigured mouth. The horrible noise echoed for miles, filling all who heard it with a feeling of dread.
 
“And now it's time to claim what's mine …” he said starting to walk towards the palace gates.
 
“Not so fast …” Adam stated, as he suddenly appeared ten feet away from his uncle.
 
Skeletor was startled by Adam's sudden appearance, but showed no outward sign of being so. He looked on at the young warrior with a bit of trepidation, as he recognized Adam as the mysterious person who gave him the power of Grayskull.
 
“What do you want? …” Skeletor asked cautiously, not knowing who this person in front of him really was.
 
Looking on at the even more twisted and disgusting form of his uncle, Adam simply smiled before letting out a chuckle. The day he had been waiting for so long had finally arrived. The day of revenge for all the pain Skeletor had caused him, and everyone on Eternia. The day that he vowed when it arrived, no one or thing would stop him from exacting the brand of justice he thought Skeletor deserved.
 
But before he attempted to carry out the role of executioner, Adam decided to turn his attention towards the condition of Teela and her mother. The Sorceress he saw was completely unconscious, just as he had sensed. But, the former guardian was still alive albeit a bit worse for wear. And that fact did make a smile appear on his lips. But the expression of happiness soon faded, as he turned his attention towards Teela. The young captain was sitting on the ground, while leaning back against the place gate trying to regain her bearings after being left dazed by Skeletor's attack. But other then her incoherence and a few cuts and bruises Adam saw she wasn't in any danger of dying.
 
' Maybe not from Skeletor's attack, but what she has done to herself will definitely kill her if she doesn't stop ... All this time, I knew she was hiding something, But … never would I of imagined her secret; the one which she fought like a rapid animal to hide, was of all things a drug addiction ... `
 
As he continued to gaze upon the form of his love, his heart was bombarded with conflicting emotions over what to do now that he knew her secret.
 
How he discovered his loves deeply hidden and shameful secret, was from non other then a share act of cunning. Before taking Teela to meet her mother at Grayskull's remains, Adam managed to place a small tracking/listening device in the inner lining of her chest plate while Teela was in the bathroom cleaning herself up. He did so having the feeling that neither would want him around and would instead want to deal with their situation by themselves. That was the real reason why he agreed to leave them alone without putting up that strongly of a fight to stay. Then after leaving the two alone, Adam had stood deep within the heart of the Evergreen Forest, listening intently in on the conversation between mother and daughter.
 
' I know we severely hurt one another ... What we did and said to each other was simply wrong ... but of all things, turning to drugs to deal with the pain?! I would prefer her striking me a thousand, no, a million times, then subject herself to that or any other kind of an addiction! ...'
 
His first urge once finding out Teela's secret, was to teleport over and confront her about what he had heard. In fact, he was at that time mere seconds away from doing so, until near debilitating guilt filled his heart, as it sunk in that their problems had been the cause as to why she used the drug.
 
' That first slap ... if I never struck her, then she wouldn't of been so distraught when she found out I was He-Man. Then when that person tempted her with that drug, she would of been in a much more stable mental state to resist. If only I never struck her ... if only ... ' Adam sadly thought, as he found himself fighting back tears.
 
' It's best I forget about her addiction for now ... Skeletor is all I should be focused on at the moment ... But, when I finish dealing with this freak, Teela whether she wants to or not will tell me everything ... And when I find out who this mysterious person in her room was who gave her that drug, they will pay ... '
 
-xXx-
 
“So … you want to know why I've come Skeletor? … I shouldn't have to tell you, for you already know …uncle …”
 
“Uncle? …” Skeletor said obviously confused.
 
“Yes Keldor… You are a disgusting piece of scum, but unfortunately you are my fathers brother,” Adam said with disgust, hating the fact that himself and Skeletor shared the same bloodline.
 
But the young monarchs statement served its purpose, as it caused Skeletor to know instantly who stood before him.
 
“Prince Adam …my how you have changed,” Skeletor said bemused, as his fears quickly subsided.
 
Skeletor scolded himself mentally for briefly allowing fear to get the better of him. He was invincible; now a being of pure magical power who feared nothing. Let alone a cowardly prince who always shied away from battle.
 
“Changed in more ways then you could possibly imagine …” Adam said with an eerie smile.
 
Despite his attempts not to let fear enter into his black heart, Skeletor couldn't help but feel a bit of uneasiness looking into Adam's eyes. Other then physical, there seemed to be another change in his young nephew he couldn't quite put his finger on.
 
' But what is it? What about him is so different that is causing me to feel chills ...-- ' Skeletor's eyes suddenly went wide, as he realized something about Adam's apparel.
 
' Kakarotto ... H-he is dressed exactly like Kakarotto ... '
 
Without having to use a monumental amount of brainpower, Skeletor put two and two together, and realized what was going on.
 
' The angel of death will come upon you soon enough, and your lamp will be snuffed out from this world ... ' Skeletor repeated Kakarotto's earlier words, causing a feeling of dread to spread throughout his entire body.
 
Without wasting another moment on useless words, Skeletor rushed his proposed executioner, determined to not let Kakarotto's words become true. But as he drew back his fist; ready to run it right through Adam's face. He stopped just inches away from his target, as he sensed a slight distortion in reality coming from somewhere behind him.
 
“What are we doing …--” Evil-lyn started to say, until she caught site of her mutated ex-master.
 
Skeletor didn't have to turn, for he knew instantly whom the female voice belonged to. He also didn't have to turn, as he heard a familiar male voice ushering his former cohort to step back and get to a safe distance.
 
“So … master comes to see student fight for the fate of Eternia. Oh how touching …” Skeletor said mockingly, as he slowly lowered his right fist back down to his side.
 
“Your master thinks you can kill me. You … the same pathetically weak little boy who always seemed to shy away from battles. Oh wait … that's right, you were once that annoying thorn in my side He-Man.”
 
“And how long did it take for you to realize this?” Adam said with a smirk.
 
“You see, that link you share with the wench didn't just stop at you two. It also connected you both to the orb. So absorbing it into myself gave me all of the collected knowledge from every guardian since Grayskulls demise.”
 
“If that were the case, then why didn't you know who I was until I called you uncle? ... Certainly, if you had absorbed all of the knowledge contained inside the orb like you say, then you would of known who I was without my having to help you in any way. Perhaps you don't have complete control of it as you think ...” Adam said, now with a full-blown smile.
 
Without giving him an immediate reply, Skeletor reflected upon the truth in Adam's words. Indeed his young nephew had perceived correctly; that despite his best efforts to absorb all of the knowledge and power contained within the orb, all was somehow denied to him. He originally reasoned that perhaps more time was needed, given the monumental struggle the spirits of the Elders put up once he started to absorb Grayskulls power. But, he sensed there was something or someone else fighting him besides them. A presence, which was foreign to him, but yet at the same time felt eerily familiar.
 
() You have all that knowledge at your disposal, yet you're still so stupid. () A mysterious voice suddenly boomed in Skeletor's mind.
 
' Who …-- `
 
() Who do you think? The same person who speaks to you now is also the same who stops you from completely absorbing Grayskulls power. ()
' Show yourself! ' Skeletor stated, as he looked around frantically for the source of the mysterious voice.
 
() Show? ... ()
 
“I'm right before you fool ...” Adam said with a huge smile.
 
Slowly returning his gaze to the man standing before him. Skeletor nearly turned pale, as he realized it was none other then Adam who was speaking to him.
 
“Surprised are we? If you really think about it you shouldn't be. I may no longer be He-Man, but I still have a connection to the power of Grayskull. Which along with my newly acquired power; allowed me to block you from absorbing the orb completely ... () Adam said with a smirk.
 
“Impossible!! No one as weak and pathetic as you could accomplish such a thing!”
 
“Impossible only to someone as blind as yourself. Tell me ... if I weren't responsible, then how do I know that the reason you decided to abandon freeing the Ice Dragons was because of fear? ...Fear that even with your newly acquired power they would still be too much for you to control and destroy you.”
 
Skeletor again looked upon his young nephew with shock. Despite Skeletor's arrogance and perceived feelings of invincibility. The young monarchs truthful statement pierced his pride like a sword.
 
“Nonsense ... Simply nonsense! ...”
 
“Still denying the truth ... then explain how I know this. In your arrogance Skeletor, you reasoned you no longer had a reason to fear anything; whether in Eternia or anywhere else in the Universe. But, that foolish thought quickly changed once you came upon the knowledge hidden within the orb of the events which lead up to the Ice Dragons imprisonment. Seeing enemies joining together to fight a common foe, only though to have their combined efforts go for naught deeply unsettled you, and forced you to realize that despite your new power, unleashing them would be the worst mistake of your life. For if the only time Grayskull, Hiss, and Hordak actually decided to work together, but failed in the end, what possible hope would you have? ...”
 
“No ... No!!” Skeletor screamed in a rage, as he now knew without a doubt that Adam was telling him the truth about being the person responsible for blocking his access to the full knowledge contained within the orb.
 
“Did you honestly think you would get the power you've desired for so long without a price? … Were you too blinded by your own lust for power to even consider why someone would just show up unannounced in your lair and hand over the orb to you? Didn't you even have the slightest bit of suspicion? … Power doesn't come free Skeletor, I'm surprised you forgot that ...”
 
His young nephews' contemptuous questions filled the Master of Evil with even more rage. Being outsmarted was something he didn't take too kindly to. And even more so when it was completely his fault for letting himself be blinded by his lust for power.
 
“I see I have underestimated you ... but that mistake I won't make again. I shall make your death slow and painful … then nothing will be left to stop my conquest of Eternia …” the deformed mutant threateningly stated to his smiling opponent.
 
“You are truly a fool … A fool whose life is about to come to an end ...” Adam casually responded back.
 
-xXx-
 
“Come this way Evelyn...” Kakarotto said to his new student, trying to usher her away from the battle he knew which was only moments away from starting.
 
“But what is ...--”
 
“Just come this way, I will explain everything,” Kakarotto said much more sternly, as he roughly grabbed her by the arm, and started to drag the stunned witch away.
 
Evil-Lyn didn't resist at her new masters' rough treatment. She had a sinking feeling that whatever was about to happen would absorb her in if she stayed.
 
' I wonder ... did Skeletor finally gain the power of Grayskull? Did he finally manage to defeat He-Man and those troublesome Masters? `
 
Evil-Lyn contemplated this as Kakarotto came to a stop; a mere thirty yards away from where they once stood. Erecting a twenty-foot long shield around them both, Kakarotto released his grasp on her arm, just as a massive shock wave hit the area.
 
` That must be it. How else could he of become so powerful so quickly? `
 
Seeing the look of confusion on her face, Kakarotto began to fill her in on what was going on.
 
-xXx-
 
With a bit of surprise and also amusement, Adam looked on motionless as his uncles' body was suddenly surrounded by a black aura of magical energy. An aura of that color was something Adam had not seen before. He reasoned that the color came from the blackness of Skeletor's soul, and represented the evil which had consumed it.
 
The sudden explosion of power caused the ground to shake violently. Those in the palace scrambled for safety, as they assumed an earthquake had hit the area. For miles the effects could be felt, causing animals and Eternian's alike to run and seek safety.
 
Adam though let out an amused smile, as he continued to watch Skeletor trying to intimidate him with the display of power. With sudden swiftness and brutal intent, Adam landed a crushing punch to his uncles' abdomen; causing the power outburst to cease immediately.
 
' What power! ... ' Skeletor thought, as he hunched over clutching his ailing midsection.
 
The self-professed Master of Evil was in absolute shock at the force in which he was struck. But his shock would only increase as seconds later he took a right cross to the chin. The blow sent Skeletor flying uncontrollably through the air like a bullet, before he eventually came to a stop by crashing into the shield surrounding Kakarotto and Evil-Lyn.
 
To his great shock, Skeletor found his entire body was racked with pain do to his supposedly weak nephews attacks. But even more troubling to the suppose magical god, he was having great trouble getting to his feet.
 
“Come on … I didn't hit you that hard. Stand up like a man, freak, mutant, or whatever you are now,” Adam condescendingly stated.
 
Adam's words prompted Skeletor to shoot him a venomous look. How dear such a one as he ridicule him. Him, the new master of Eternia and of all he surveyed. Shrugging off the pain as he stood, Skeletor quickly gathered his energy into his right hand, ready to unleash an attack that he figured would annihilate Adam, the royal Palace, or whatever else got in the way of the attack.
 
But as he was about to thrust his arm forward; unleashing what he envisioned would be the end of a thorn in his side. Skeletor heard a familiar sounding snicker coming from directly behind him which if possible filled him with even more rage.
 
“I can't believe you let that boy do that to you ... For years you've sought the power of Grayskull, and now that you have it you haven't a clue of how to use it properly. What a fool you are Skeletor. What a deformed, disgusting, poor excuse for a man fool ...” Evil-Lyn said with absolute contempt.
 
Skeletor whipped his head around, glaring and growling evilly at his former love. How the two had once been in love was a mystery to them both. Or was it ever love to begin with. Sex can blind, and obviously to them both they had been blinded to ever believe that the love they shared was actually real.
 
“Tell me how it feels to know this is your last day on Eternia Skeletor,” Evil-Lyn said with an euphoric look; happy beyond words that her former master would hopefully meet his demise.
 
Letting his actions speak for him, Skeletor increased the power gathered in his right hand; forming it into a volleyball sized ball of dark smoking energy. He seemed poised to attempt to break through Kakarotto's shield, but instead of releasing his rage against his former love. He quickly turned back around, firing the kindled energy to intercept Adams incoming attack. The two powers collided a mere ten feet away from the mutant; just narrowly averting his death.
 
“You're smarter then you look. I thought you had completely forgotten you were in a fight once you started bickering with Evil-Lyn,” Adam said with a chuckle.
 
Skeletor mentally cursed himself for Adam's words almost had come to pass. For the time he had been concentrating on Evil-Lyn he had momentarily forgotten about the battle with Adam. But fortunately for him, his heightened senses detected the attack just in time so he could react properly.
 
-xXx-
 
Evil-Lyn watched with glee hoping at any moment Skeletor's attack would be overpowered, causing him to be engulfed by Adam's own; having him die a slow painful death like she thought he deserved. But to her slight dismay his and Adam's attacks appeared to be at a stalemate; causing her to slump to the ground in disappointment.
 
“Don't get yourself down Evelyn it's only a matter of time,” Kakarotto stated. “Here eat …” he said while positioning a large bowl of popcorn in front of her face.
 
Evil-Lyn looked at the bowl suspiciously, before eventually grabbing a couple of kernels and popping them slowly into her mouth. Chewing the strange food slowly to gauge its taste. She was pleasantly surprised to find the small food was edible and was indeed quite tasty.
 
“What do you call this again?” she said while once again dipping her hand into the bowl, but this time taking out a handful of the delicious food.
 
“Popcorn, it's a delicacy from the planet I was raised on. When I first arrived on Vimoche, I had a few capsules of it and senzu beans on me. When I eventually met Seih, I had her replicate the capsule technology along with the contents,” he said before downing another mouthful.
 
At the mention of Seih's name Evil-Lyn let out a small growl, which Kakarotto easily heard do to his exceptional hearing.
 
“Focus your attention on Adam. What he does to Skeletor will be an example of the type of power you will wield once you're done with your training,” Kakarotto said with a small smile, as he knew it was time to move the conversation into a less volatile area.
 
“Are you sure he will win? … I still have a hard time believing that weakling Prince Adam was once the mighty He-Man. And now you tell me he is twenty times more powerful then that. It's an almost impossible thing to imagine…” Evil-Lyn said as she turned her attention back to the struggle between the two powers.
 
“It might be hard to believe but it's true my dear …” Kakarotto said, as he put down the bowl of popcorn to settle on the grass in-between them both. “But … he no longer is that weak being. He is a new being now, one who will usher in a new era on Eternia …”
 
“A new era? … “ Evelyn asked bewildered.
 
“Yes Evelyn, a new era on Eternia will arrive once Adam finishes Skeletor off. Then my young protégé will decide Eternia's fate. He may decide to rule as a tyrant like Skeletor, or he may decide to rule kindly and with wisdom like his father. He has the power to decide either fate for the planet; hopefully his decision will be a wise one …”
 
“Rule? ... But Randor is king, why would Adam be ruler instead of his father?” she again asked with bewilderment.
 
Before answering, Kakarotto let out a bit of a sigh. Even though he promised Adam to offer him his support in his quest to purge Eternia of evil. The Saiya-Jin only agreed with some of the tactics Adam used so far to accomplish his plan.
 
“My young friend has done some things which have brought about the removal of his father as king ...and has lead to him being the ruler of Eternia ...”
 
With her mouth slightly agape with shock, Evil-Lyn gave her master a look of total disbelief at what she just heard.
 
“Yes, yes I know it's hard to believe. But Adam has indeed ousted his father as king,” Kakarotto said with a chuckle, amused that the once meek prince had changed so much in such a short time.
 
Evil-Lyn herself overcame her shock and started to chuckle along with her master. The thought that it was none other then his own son which displaced Randor, was an absolutely hilarious thought to the Eternian witch.
 
Kakarotto looked bemused at his newest student as her small laugh suddenly turned into a full blown fit of laughter. He could only shake his head at her coarse response to her former enemies plight. But, the response was understandable in his mind; albeit a bit unsympathetic.
 
-xXx-
 
At the point of impact of the colliding powers, a two story tall sphere of energy was formed. Both combatants steadily applied more and more power to the growing sphere, each trying to see when the other would break.
 
“I'm only going to offer this to you once Skeletor ... run away ... run far ... far away ...” Adam said over the crackling of the combined powers.
 
Skeletor's disfigured form, formed a hideous smile after hearing his nephews generous offer. He reasoned Adam was only trying to break his concentration and so sought to ignore his nephews words.
 
“Heed my advise you fool, or I promise, this will be your last day on Eternia,” Adam said as he sent more power into the sphere causing it to slowly creep towards Skeletor.
 
Even though the sphere was coming ever closer, Skeletor didn't panic. Instead he reached into what he supposed was an endless supply of energy within himself, and sent a massive amount of energy towards the sphere, looking to turn the tables on his over confident nephew.
 
But despite the surge of power, Skeletor found the sphere was still creeping towards him.
 
() Not able to push it back uncle? () Adam mentally stated with a chuckle.
 
Skeletor shot a hateful glare towards Adam, causing the young warrior to break out in huge grin
 
“What are you smiling about?! You're going to be dead soon!” Skeletor growled out, as the sphere continued to bare down on him.
 
“I suggest you stop paying attention to my face, and instead, look at what's happening behind you …”
 
Thinking Adam was somehow trying to trick him into another heated exchange with Evil-Lyn. Skeletor paid no heed to his young nephews words. But mere moments later he would regret not heeding the warning, as he felt another presence suddenly appear from behind him. Then moments following, the mutant felt what seemed like a staff smash onto the back of his skull.
 
-xXx-
 
A/N:I mentioned above, this is only part one of the ending. The reason for this was because I wanted to make some scenes longer, which would mean the chapter would take longer to put up. So instead of having you guys & gals waiting another month or so. I figured I would post a part of the ending now so the wait wouldn't be that bad. Well, let me know what you guys thought of the beginning of the end. :)