Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Price Of Power ❯ Chapter: 19 ( Chapter 21 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
The Price Of Power
 
“ Speech “
` Thoughts `
(( Inward voice ))
() Telepathy ()
 
A/N: Hi all ^_^Enjoy!!
 
Chapter: Nineteen (Second installment of the ending)
 
-xXx-
 
The Sorceresses staff snapped in two the moment it connected with the back of Skeletor's skull. The pieces of the ancient weapon dropped to the ground, as its wielder paid no heed to its destruction, instead focusing her attention on the object of her wrath. The elder wizard had hoped her sudden attack would catch Skeletor unprepared; distracting him long enough so his lack of concentration would result in him losing the power struggle and hopefully destroyed.
 
' I have failed to distract him, but I'm not done yet ... ' Teelana thought, as she quickly levitated high in the sky, preparing to launch another attack against her foe.
 
The former guardians body shown bright like a star in the midday sky, as she gathered more and more energy. Still able to draw upon the power of Grayskull for reasons which eluded even her. The Sorceresses body was surrounded by a massive amount of collected energy, causing Skeletor to look up angrily at one of his most hated enemies.
 
' I should of killed that troublesome wench when I had the chance. If I didn't keep my concentration, her attack could of meant my death. '
 
The Sorceresses attack even though sudden and unexpected, didn't cause much more then a minor annoyance to the Master of Evil. What really disturbed him about the attack, other then the fact it almost got him to lose his concentration on the energy battle with Adam. Was that he didn't sense her approaching until mere seconds before she attacked. To him it proved Adam's words had succeeded in unnerving him; to the point where he couldn't sense someone who wielded the same power as he.
 
' But fortunately the wench is no where near powerful enough to inflict any real damage. Grayskull's power has made me supreme ... and it is now time to show everyone how much so ... ' Skeletor thought with an devious grin.
 
-xXx-
 
“What is happening? ...” Teelana said to no one in particular, as her body suddenly started to feel weak.
 
Without warning, the energy Teelana amassed suddenly disappeared from around her. Seconds later, and without warning, the Sorceress dropped from the sky like a hawk wounded by a hunter.
 
“M ...my power?...” Teelana said in bewilderment, as she continued to plummet.
 
To avoid hitting the ground with full force, the Sorceress used what remained of her apparently dwindling power to slow her descent The maneuver even though taxing on her body in its weakened state, was successful, as she landed with only a small thud.
 
“Ah, my dear Sorceress, I see you've come to join me ...” Skeletor said with a sickening chuckle.
 
Unfortunately for Teelana her descent left her a mere two feet away from the scourge of Eternia. She immediately tried to flee from his presence, but quickly found her body was too weak to move.
 
“Don't worry my dear ... I want you around to see the fate which befalls Eternia.”
 
Once he spoke, the Sorceress immediately realized why her power had suddenly faded.
 
“Y-you did this to me ... how could ...--”
 
“Come now you should know better then that Sorceress ... I now control the source of your power. A source which I can cut you off from whenever I feel like it ...” he said with a snicker.
 
At first, the Sorceress gave a look of surprise, but after a few moments she saw the truth in Skeletor's words. Trying to gather what strength she could from her weakened body, the Sorceress managed to stand on wobbly legs. The elder wizard felt weak and defenseless, as if she were a new born child. After years of having the power of Grayskull circulate throughout her entire being. She had naturally become accustomed and semi dependent on it, for even the most simple and natural tasks.
 
' Far to dependent on it ... never should I of abandoned by bodies own power, ' she thought, exasperated at herself for being so foolish.
 
() I know I'm probably the last person you want to hear from at the moment ... but would you mind moving so I can vaporize this freak? ... ()
 
Teelana quickly turned to face Adam's direction, giving the teen a hard stare. Indeed, given what had transpired between them, the young warrior was the last person on Eternia which she wanted to hear from. But, he did have a point, and despite her feelings towards him, the Sorceress knew for the sake of Eternia she should do as he asked.
 
Mustering more strength; a sign her bodies natural energy was beginning to kick in. The Sorceress started to back away slowly from the scene before her.
 
“Where are you off to my dear, don't you want to stick around to see the death of your champion?”
 
' Champion ... ' she said to herself in disdain. ' That is the last word I would use to describe that manipulative spawn of evil! '
 
Given the anger and shame she still felt for their act of lust; her feelings for Adam at the moment and possibly for some time, was bordering on hate. Maybe over time, she would learn to forgive him; similar to how she hoped Teela would forgive her, for her past transgressions. But at the present, she wouldn't lose any sleep if both Skeletor and Adam somehow managed to kill each other.
 
“He along with you can rot in the depths of hell for all I care ...”
 
Teelana's statement was dripping with such contempt, all who heard knew instantly that some sort of fallout must of happened between her and Adam to cause such a response.
 
“Ah ... do I sense some strife between Masters?” Skeletor said with a snicker. “Do not worry though wench. Whatever troubles yourself and the prince may have will soon be at an end ...”
 
The Sorceress suddenly found herself being blown back by a tremendous gust of wind caused by a sudden explosion of magical energy from Skeletor's body.
 
“Now watch the end of your hero!”
 
Using the energy he took from the Sorceress, Skeletor poured every ounce of power within him into the power struggle; cockily thinking there was no way his opponent could match such an amount of raw energy. But to his surprise and utter horror, the sphere continued it's decent on him; only this time at an accelerated rate.
 
With eyes filled with fear, Skeletor could only watch, as he was enveloped by the giant sphere. Haunting cries of agony soon escaped from his countenance, as his flesh felt like it was being melted away.
 
-xXx-
 
The Sorceress slowly rose into a sitting position, while cautiously eyeing the other two occupants of the force field. Not wanting to seem ungrateful, she mouthed a barely audible thank you towards Kakarotto for saving her life.
 
“No problem Guardian ...” Kakarotto responded coolly.
 
Teelana gave a slight nod; another sign of her gratitude. Even though she was very wary of Kakarotto; given how their first meeting had went about inside Grayskull. She had to admit if it weren't for him, she might have been killed by the tremendous explosion which followed Skeletor being consumed by the sphere.
 
The explosion engulfed everything within a forty yard radius, including the force field where the three were housed. But the three were in no danger whatsoever, as the shield surrounding them was capable of withstanding far more damage then what was bombarding it.
 
' I did not fathom Adam would be so powerful ... his power truly does surpass that of Grayskull's, just like he told me ... ' Teelana thought with a bit of awe, as she watched the explosion decimate Skeletor's body.
 
Soon, thoughts that perhaps it was the wrong decision to not support Adam when he first came to her, crept into the Sorceresses mind. But, she quickly dismissed the thought. Teelana knew there was no way anyone in their right mind would of gone along with what Adam wanted to do, and certainly not one with her generations of knowledge.
 
' To give Eternia's greatest evil the power to conquer it is absurd and utterly foolish. Evil can never be underestimated, no matter how powerful you yourself may be. '
 
“That's a very astute observation, and normally I would agree whole heartily with your words, but in this case evil will not survive, no matter what Skeletor may try,” Kakarotto stated with a small smile.
 
“How can you be so sure? ... You of all people should know the danger in Adam's underestimation of Skeletor,” Teelana snapped back, not bothering to ask how he knew what she was thinking, considering her powers were gone.
 
“This is not the typical situation ... I didn't train Adam to lose to or underestimate his opponent.... As I told you, Skeletor's evil will not survive their battle.“
 
“But how can you be so sure? ... Adam does appear to be more then a match for Skeletor, but anything can happen in battles, especially one such as this.”
 
“Your faith in Adam is sorely lacking, a bit surprising considering the hardships you Masters have gone through together ...”
 
“Why should I have any faith in that ...--”
 
Teelana quickly stopped in mid-breath. Even though her anger was justified at Adam, to spare herself more shame and guilt, she thought it best to silence herself.
 
“For what it's worth noble guardian ... My apologies for what the boy has done ... He is still young and immature,” Kakarotto said apologetically, shocking both women that he actually sounded remorseful.
 
Kakarotto, being normally hard and cold. Knew there were times when that attitude needed to be put aside and a more sympathetic one needed to be adopted; especially when it came to dealing with women and their sometimes high-strung emotions.
 
“Saying sorry won't change what has happened ...” Teelana stated, as she broke out of her shock. “L-let's just drop this issue. I don't need any further reminder of how my life has been a complete failure ...” she solemnly stated.
 
Hearing the despair in her voice, Kakarotto decided to do as she wished and dropped the entire conversation. Evil-Lyn though was more then a little suspicious by Teelana's comments and sought to address the situation further. But, fortunately for the Sorceress Kakarotto quickly silenced his latest pupil.
 
“Everyone is untitled to have their secrets Evelyn, let the guardian have hers.”
 
Evil-Lyn gave her master a quick look of annoyance, but did as he commanded. His sudden show of mercy towards her long time hated enemy slightly unnerved her. There was obviously something the Sorceress was hiding; something Evil-Lyn saw which bothered the guardian greatly.
 
' Perhaps Adam has turned against the Masters as well. That would make sense, I doubt they would willingly throw aside their allegiance to Randor. But why would that matter to the Sorceress of Grayskull though? ... Her allegiance is to her duty of protecting the secrets of Castle Grayskull. I doubt she would care who rules Eternia, as long as the person is not Skeletor or anyone else tyrannical. So why does she seem so distressed? ... '
 
While Evil-Lyn pondered on the cause for the Sorceresses grave attitude. The smoke caused by the the explosion was beginning to clear, allowing the onlookers to turn their full attention back towards the two combatants, and see Skeletor's fate.
 
-xXx-
 
As he watched Adam approach, Skeletor could only stare in fear and bewilderment. The broken mutant laid bloodied and battered on the ground, utterly shocked that such a thing could happen to him.
 
“This cannot be happening to me ... I ... I was suppose to be all-powerful ... this cannot be happening ...” he weakly stated.
 
“I told you your power wouldn't come without a price. I hope you now realize you should of listened to me when I gave you the chance to run away,” Adam said with a snicker.
 
Skeletor gave his nephew a hateful glare. Every inch of his body was racked with unbelievable amounts of pain. Along with most of his bones being broken, and various gashes spread throughout his horribly burnt body.
 
“Do you want to know why I gave you the power of Grayskull uncle?” Adam asked, as he knelt down beside Skeletor.
 
Skeletor let out a weak growl, but quickly regretted the action as it caused his body to go into painful spasms.
 
“The one and only reason I handed the orb over to you Skeletor, was to make you feel invincible. Then while you were at the height of cockiness, I would then crush you, your dreams, and your pride, like pieces of fruit underneath my feet. I wanted to make you feel the same fear and desperation you have had many people feel towards you.”
 
Reaching down, Adam placed his right palm unto the orb. Then with a smile which could only be described as sadistic, he started to pull the orb out of Skeletor's scorched chest.
 
“Scream uncle ... I want hear your torment ...” Adam said sadistically.
 
Just when Skeletor didn't believe he could feel any higher level of pain then what he was already feeling. Pain so excruciating bombarded his body, making him feel as if his soul was being ripped out
 
“Count this as a bit of payback for the harm you've caused. Suffer Skeletor, suffer ...” Adam again said in a sadistic manner, as he slowly and deliberately pulled the orb out; trying to inflict the most pain as possible.
 
For miles, Skeletor's haunting screams echoed in the ears of people and animals alike. The hearts of those eternians who heard his cries, felt pity for whatever creature was suffering such agony. But the instigator of Skeletor's pain, only continued to smile with delight at the pain the mutant was feeling.
 
“Come on, you can scream louder then that ...” Adam said, as he pulled the orb out another inch.
 
Skeletor involuntarily obliged his nephews comment by letting out another series of blood curling screams.
 
“Louder! Let the people of Eternia hear the screams of their tormentor!”
 
Adam's demeanor was growing more cruel and heartless as the minutes passed by. The pleasure he was deriving from the pain he was putting Skeletor through was clearly evident to those watching. But none more then Teela, who had shaken off her earlier incoherence, and was now watching with horror the uncharacteristic behavior of the man she loved.
 
She wanted to run over, and attempt to stop him. But the fear of a less then receptive response on his part stopped her. The teen's response was understandable, given the traumatic effect of being slapped not once, but twice, by the man she planned to marry. In her heart, she was deadly terrified of having it happen again.
 
' I want to believe his promise; that it will never happen again ... But ... what if ... he were to strike me a third time for trying to stop what he's doing to Skeletor? ' Teela thought, as even more fear gripped her heart at the thought of being abused for a third time.
 
-xXx-
 
“I said louder you piece of scum! Scream louder!”
 
Again, Skeletor involuntarily obliged his nephews malicious comment by letting out another blood curling cry. Such pain was coursing through the Master of Evil's body, he was left with no other choice but to swallow his pride, and beg his tormentor to stop.
 
Surprisingly, the young warrior did stop. But only so that Skeletor's screams would not drown out his next statement.
 
“You might as well learn to like the pain Skeletor, because you're going to be in for far worse then what you're feeling now ... ” Adam said with a malicious grin.
 
Expecting to see a look of fear, Adam was instead greeted by an almost inaudible chuckle coming from his uncle's disfigured form. The soft laughter caused the young warrior to have a look of confusion; given there was no reason he could fathom for Skeletor to find amusement in his current situation.
 
“Y-you make me proud boy ...” Skeletor weakly uttered out.
 
“What was that you just said?”
 
“I said you make me proud Adam ... First destroying Castle Grayskull, then over throwing Randor, torturing your greatest enemy into submission, and last but certainly not least, laying; along with taking some other sexual liberties, with the guardian .... I couldn't of done a better job myself ...”
 
Adam gazed at his uncle with a look of complete shock. In spite of the pain, a twisted laugh escaped from Skeletor's mouth at seeing his nephews reaction. But what little joy Skeletor gained, was soon replaced by the all too familiar sensation of pain, caused by the orb being ripped out of his body.
 
“Don't feel so happy because you took some of the Sorceresses memories when you drained her of Grayskull's power. Nothing you took from her mind, nor any crafty words will get you out of paying for your crimes, nothing ...” Adam said in a cold, uncaring voice, as he continued on with his torture.
 
-xXx-
 
“You laid with Adam? ...” Evil-Lyn asked astonished, directing her question directly at the Sorceress.
 
Teelana kept her eyes focused on the scene playing out before her without acknowledging Evil-Lyn's question. The move didn't go unnoticed nor unchallenged, as the dark arts practitioner sought to get an answer out of her counterpart.
 
“I asked you a question guardian ... ” Evil-Lyn said with a bit of agitation.
 
Again, the sorceress said nothing, despite the fact her anger was rising do to Evil-Lyn's coarse and intrusive question. Along with her seemingly never ending guilt over the situation.
 
“I suggest you answer me, unless you've forgotten that you are powerless at the moment.”
 
“And what does that have to do with giving you an answer to a question you have no right to ask!” the Sorceress snapped back, while shooting Evil-Lyn a threatening glare.
 
“Whether I have the right or not doesn't matter to me. If I wanted I could just beat the answer out of you, if you desire.”
 
“Come and try to, you foul, sorry excuse for a woman!”
 
Both women began to slowly rise; with eyes ablaze with anger. But whatever harm they planned to do to one another, was put on hold, as Kakarotto put a restraining hand on each of their shoulders and forced them back down in their original sitting positions.
 
“Evelyn ... leave her be. As I told you before, let the guardian have her privacy.”
 
Like before, Evil-Lyn obeyed her master; albeit still puzzled as to why he was being so merciful to the Sorceress.
 
“Thank my master for saving you this time. Next we meet, you may not get off so easily.”
 
“No, you should be the one to thank him for saving your sorry self from being left a smoldering carcass,” Teelana spat back, raising a glowing right hand to emphasize her point.
 
“Is that suppose to scare me?” Evil-Lyn said with a cocky smirk, even though she was quietly surprised that the Sorceress had any magical power left.
 
“It is a warning ... one you should adhere to if you value your life,” Teelana growled out; fortunate though, the Elders found a way to give her some power, once Adam started to pry the orb loose from Skeletor's body.
 
The Sorceresses threat, even though not outwardly apparent on Evil-Lyn's face, greatly surprised her. She then realized that perhaps her former master's words may of contained some truth, and that some sort of liaison did or was happening between Adam and the Sorceress.
 
' Those two lovers?? '
 
Evil-Lyn nearly burst out laughing at the mere thought. If that was indeed the secret Teelana was hiding; the one she was apparently willing to fight and even kill over. Then Evil-Lyn perfectly understood why the Sorceress would want to keep it a secret, and do everything possible to stop the truth from getting out.
 
' That would certainly be quite scandalous in Eternian politics if it ever were to spread to the various smaller kingdoms and tribes. Plus within the palace itself, such a thing would destroy the pristine image attributed to both of them. Well that is if that bastard Skeletor is telling the truth. But if he is, then I must find a way to use this knowledge to my advantage. '
 
Responding to Teelana's comment with the same cocky smirk, Evil-Lyn turned her attention away from the temperamental guardian, and back onto the continual torturing of her former master. But, the witch couldn't help but let out a giggle, as her devious mind began to think of ways to blackmail both the Sorceress and Adam into giving her anything she desired.
 
-xXx-
 
' Laying .... along with some other sexual liberties, with the guardian ... ' Adam guiltily repeated the statement to himself.
 
The near incident between Evil-Lyn and the Sorceress, hadn't gone unnoticed by the young warrior; given it was only happening a few feet away. He tried paying no heed to the events happening inside the forcefield; trying instead to focus all of his attention on the continual torture of his hated enemy. But, like all matters of guilt, a person can only suppress the feelings for so long before they are forced to deal with the painful emotions.
 
' Why of all things did this blasted fool have to mention that?! I was just beginning to get over the guilt, now all the pain and self loathing is flooding once again into my heart! Curse that deformed piece of trash ... curse him!! '
 
With his right hand still on the orb, Adam wrapped his left around the area of his uncles massive Adams apple; beginning to slowly, but deliberately choke the life out of him.
 
“Time to die Skeletor ... no longer will your presence continue to darken my life ...”
 
Like a man drowning, Skeletor grasped desperately for air. But his attempts were completely futile, as the world began to grow dark the longer Adam held his death grip.
 
“Enjoy your eternity burning in hell my uncle ... enjoy ...” Adam said with glee, as his eyes were filled with a malicious kind of happiness.
 
In seconds, all the years of suffering under evil's shadow would all be over.
 
“Adam stop, you can't do this!” Teela suddenly screamed, as the teen came running up to her love.
 
“Go away Teela ...” Adam warned, as he shot her a threatening look.
 
The young captain stopped dead in her tracks at Adam's look. The teen stood a couple feet away from her love, too afraid to move any closer. Thoughts of the two times Adam struck her raced through her mind. The pain of those two incidents started to sap away her courage; the same courage she barely managed to muster after realizing running away, instead of trying to stop Adam, would make her part of the reason if he did end up becoming like Skeletor as she feared.
 
' I must not fear ... I must not fear ... ' the teen repeated over and over again in her mind in an attempt to calm her nerves.
 
“Adam ... please listen to me,” Teela said with a bit of hesitance.
 
“Go away ... We can talk when this is over,” he tried to say in a gentler fashion, but failed miserably, as his words still came out harsh.
 
Teela wanted to obey him and leave, but knew she couldn't just walk away. Adam was on the verge of making a potentially life destroying mistake, not only effecting himself, but to those he loved, and all the inhabitants of Eternia.
 
“No ... I will not go away, what you're doing is wrong,” she said mustering her courage.
 
Adam gave her a look which begged if she had gone crazy. He then began to chuckle, which didn't go over well with his love who vehemently hated being laughed at.
 
“How is it wrong to give this scum the punishment he deserves? Everyone, including yourself knows he deserves this.”
 
“You are right, he does deserve to suffer for the evil he has caused. But revelling in his pain or killing him is wrong. You must stop what you're doing to Skeletor or else I fear you will become like him ... You're above this Adam ... please stop ...”
 
“I will never become like this piece of trash! How can you even think of such a thing?!”
 
“Never say never boy ... We are after all family ...” Skeletor hoarsely stated, as Adam had loosened the grip on his throat during the conversation with Teela.
 
Giving Skeletor a hateful glare, Adam struck his uncle across the mouth with the back of his left hand. Without giving Skeletor a chance to recover, Adam pulled the orb out another two inches, causing the Master of Evil to once again beg his tormentor to stop because of the pain.
 
“Stop it! Can't you see the more you do this the more you're becoming a monster like him?! ” Teela desperately screamed, hoping her words would make Adam see reason.
 
Adam snapped his attention back towards his love, giving her another hard stare. He wanted to backhand her for that statement, but quickly felt ashamed for thinking such a thing, after remember telling her he would never hit her again.
 
“And what would you have me do Teela, let him live so he can keep plaguing our lives with his evil?”
 
“If it means avoiding becoming a murderer and a monster like him, then yes. Let him stand before a trial and be judged properly. Skeletor is an evil bastard, but even he deserves to be judged fairly.”
 
“Nothing short of death is appropriate for the crimes he has committed. Why should a trial of any kind have to decide that?”
 
“Because it is the right thing to do ...” she weakly whispered out.
 
“The right thing to do? What do you think I'm doing?” he asked sarcastically. ”The right thing to do Teela is to rid this scum from the face of our planet. Do you think if he's allowed to live and imprisoned, he won't find a way to escape and continue plaguing not only us, but every person on Eternia?”
 
“He can be tracked down and be recaptured if he ever were to ...--”
 
“What if he's not recaptured in time? Do you want an innocents blood on your hands Teela? Do you want to live with the knowledge that a little child's life was snuffed out, because this creature still lived? Could you live with that knowledge Teela?”
 
“I ...” Teela stopped her response, thinking over what Adam had said.
 
Teela had to admit Adam's questions caught her a bit off guard. The thought of a child or anyone for that matter dying when it could have been prevented did send a wave of doubt as to whether to keep her stance on whether Skeletor should live or die.
 
“No answer? ... That's what I thought, now go away so I can finish this...”
 
“No ...” Teela stated defiantly.
 
Despite her newly acquired doubts, Teela still couldn't shake the feeling that allowing Adam to kill Skeletor in a hate ridden act of vengeance, would result in him eventually become like his hated uncle.
 
“Remember what my father told me about rage? How it must be controlled and tempered. Not let loose to consume like a wild fire. For fire left unchecked will consume everything in it's path until nothing is left ... Hate will destroy you Adam ... like how it almost destroyed my mother ...”
 
“Don't you mean YOU almost killed your own mother?” he spat out bitterly. “Don't lecture me about controlling hatred woman! If I didn't stop you, your precious mother would be dead at this moment!”
 
Teela recoiled slightly at his biting indictment, but didn't back down despite the truth in his words.
 
“You're right ... my hatred over her past mistakes, nearly cost me dearly ...” she said taking a quick glance towards her mother; who looked a bit shocked at her daughters response. “But I will be the first to say I was wrong ... I am not saying myself and her can be considered friends as of now, but treating her like I did was not in-line with the morals Man-At-Arm's and your parents installed in us while growing up,” the teen said with a hint of remorse, causing the Sorceress heart to leap out of happiness upon hearing them.
 
In the frame of mind he was in, and despite the sudden wave of guilt which was steadily sweeping over his heart. Hearing anything about morals or anything which involved Skeletor not receiving death as justice, Adam simply didn't want to hear.
 
The young ruler was also growing more and more agitated the longer his love fought him. He knew all too well how stubborn Teela could be, especially about subjects she felt strongly about. He knew she wasn't going to back down, the way things were going. So Adam decided then, to use the one trump card he reasoned would end the entire discussion.
 
“I don't need any advice from a person who solves their problems by taking a drug ... ”
 
Adam's venomous words sent Teela's emotions spiraling out of control. She took an unsteady step back, with a look of horror which said without words her reaction to his statement.
 
“Now go away!”
 
Without being given the chance to respond, a wave of invisible energy suddenly hit Teela sending her hurtling back towards the palace gates. Within seconds her back impacted harshly with the structure, causing her to cry out excruciatingly, as the pain quickly spread throughout her entire body.
 
The Sorceress had to use every ounce of her composure to keep from unleashing a profanity filled tirade at what she had just seen and heard. The rage inside her heart was growing by the seconds as she looked upon her bruised and bloodied semi-conscious daughter imbedded into the palace gates.
 
Feeling the penetrating gaze of the Sorceress upon him, Adam whipped his head around, with a hard stare of his own, direct at his loves mother.
 
“You knew what she was doing and did nothing! So don't dare sit there and pass judgment on me!”
 
The two pseudo lovers, glared at each other, eye's ablaze with fury.
 
“Do not make me regret stopping Teela from killing you woman ... or else I could always drive her mad with my power again and have her finish what she started ...” Adam said maliciously.
 
Evil-Lyn tossed another glance over at the Sorceress after Adam's statement, anxiously awaiting Teelana's response. The witch soon got her wish, as she watched Teelana's eyes glow white with power; showing the intensity of her anger. The blatant show of emotion also showed to Evil-Lyn that the mother Teela almost killed was indeed the Sorceress. This new revelation also brought a smile to her face, followed by a chuckle.
 
Evil-Lyn's small laugh didn't go unnoticed, as the enraged Sorceress whipped her head towards the still chuckling witch.
 
“You have something you want to say to me witch?! Speak up! Because they will be the last words you ever utter!” Teelana threatened, ready to pounce on Evil-Lyn the moment she uttered a single word.
 
Evil-Lyn was about to respond, until Kakarotto shot her a stern look which quickly silenced any thought of a response on her part.
 
“Calm yourselves woman, your enemy is on the other side of this shield awaiting death,” Kakarotto stated sternly to the Sorceress.
 
“Calm?! This is all your fault! If you didn't come to this world and corrupt my champion then none ...--”
 
“I said calm yourself ... or I will do it for you ...” Kakarotto said coldly, with a stare which sent waves of fear into the Sorceresses heart.
 
Teelana reluctantly did as Kakarotto commanded, knowing full well after the incident inside Castle Grayskull she wasn't a match for the Saiya-jin warrior.
 
“I highly suggest you both get your priorities straight, and save the anger you both share for one another for a more opportune time,” he said looking sternly between the Sorceress and Adam, but more towards his young student.
 
Adam knew Kakarotto was right, and despite wanting to lash out further at the Sorceress for her laisser faire attitude in regard to Teela's addiction, he slowly turned his attention back towards his fallen enemy.
 
“As always, you are right teacher ... Forgive me for losing focus on the task at hand,” Adam said apologetically. “But know this woman ... When this is over you, your daughter, and I are going to have a very, very long discussion about a lot of issue's...” he said coldly, turning his attention back towards the Sorceress for a brief moment.
 
“I will be looking forward to it Adam, and believe me, you will find it to be unlike any discussion you have ever had ... “ the Sorceress said in her own icy fashion, but added a knowing grin, which slightly unsettled the young warrior.
 
-xXx-
 
“Good bye uncle ... as I said before, enjoy your eternity burning in hell ... ”
 
With one quick and demonstrative yank, Adam pulled the orb completely out of Skeletor's body; leaving a huge, bloody hole in the middle of his chest. Pain beyond what was thought possible to feel coursed through every fiber of Skeletor's being. An in-human cry soon followed, as the writhing mutant's body started crackling with magical electricity right before shrinking back to its original size.
 
If there was ever a time to feel pity for your fellow man, it was now that time.
 
“Scream and writhe all you want Skeletor, no mercy shall be shown to you today,” the now standing warrior said, as he looked emotionlessly down at his uncle.
 
It was finally over. The years of living in fear and anxiety over the next attack by Skeletor and his legions. Gone forever would Skeletor's vile taint on the beautiful world of Eternia. Peace could finally be restored. A lasting serenity, free from the forces of evil.
 
But strangely, Adam didn't feel happy.
 
' I feel so empty ... almost ... almost remorseful to a certain degree, ' he thought, while continuing to wait for Skeletor's slow and agonizing end.
 
() Teacher why? Why do I feel sadness for this monster? () Adam desperately asked, confused at his sudden change of emotion.
 
() Perhaps it is because you have never killed before. And now that Skeletor is mere minutes away from dying, the reality of your act is finally kicking in. Taking of a life is quite a thing, you take away all a man has or all he ever will. ()
 
() How can I overcome these feeling's? ()
 
() You may never overcome them. The finality of the act can be too much for many to bare. But, you're young and still have a lot to learn about life Adam, I'm sure in time you will look back on this day and see that your actions were for the benefit of all on your home. ()
 
() Yeah ... I hope ... ()
 
() Do not worry my young apprentice you will be fine. Consider it if you will, another lesson for you to learn. ()
 
() I will try ... ()
 
() No! You either do or do not Adam. Try is the word of the weak ... ()
 
Ending their conversation, Adam went back to waiting for Skeletor's end. While he waited, he began to replay the days events and also what might be in store for him once the next day came. The thought's weren't exactly pleasant. Not only did he have to deal with smoothing things over with his parents. But he also had to deal with the rest of the Master's; who he also imprisoned in the dungeons with his father.
 
' Those won't be easy conversations, but I'm sure everything can be worked out. It may take some time, but they should forgive me for my actions ... '
 
Adam began to go over in his mind what to say to his parents and friends to curb their anger. But as he was doing this, another thought crossed his mind; and that was how to handle the situation with Teela.
 
Even though his anger still burned brightly over his loves addiction, he began to wonder if yelling and screaming at her for what she had gotten herself into may not be the best way to handle the situation.
 
' Perhaps I need to find a less aggressive way to deal with the whole situation. One where she would be willing to tell me the whole truth, and not be afraid that I will lash out at her ... '
 
It was then Adam seriously considered some of Teela's earlier statements and wondered if killing Skeletor in this manner might make things worse for him when it came to dealing with her later on. He then devised a plan, which he hoped would satisfy his urge for revenge, and still leave him in the good graces of the woman he loved.
 
-xXx-
 
' I ... I'm still alive, ' Skeletor thought with wonder.
 
Skeletor swore he was dreaming. He had fully expected to be in the afterlife awaiting his eternal fate. But instead of being greeted by the creators heavenly aura, Skeletor instead felt the scorching heat of the afternoon sun beating down on him.
 
' This can't be real ...'
 
Skeletor slowly sat up, amazed that he felt no pain. Checking his chest, he saw the huge whole which once occupied the area was now completely gone. Quickly scanning the rest of his body, Skeletor was overjoyed to find his scorched skin, broken bones, and anything else he had suffered was now completely healed.
 
' How? ... How can this be, how am I healed? '
 
Skeletor looked directly in front of him, gazing at the palace he dreamed of ruling. The site proved that either he was in some sort of strange dream state before death, or miraculously he was still alive.
 
Rising to his feet, Skeletor tried to see if he still had use of his magic, and was soon pleasantly surprised as his Havok staff materialized into his right hand. Pointing it towards the palace, Skeletor was overjoyed as his dark power flowed freely through his body.
 
“I'm alive!” he screamed joyfully. “Boy probably didn't have the stomach to go through with it. Spineless whelp, just like his worthless father ...--”
 
“Turn around you idiot! ...”
 
Skeletor immediately turned his attention towards the source of the voice, only to have his heart filled with bone chilling fear, as he meet the penetrating gaze of his young nephew.
 
“This is your very last chance ... just so no one can say you weren't given a fair opportunity to turn away from a life of evil!” Adam yelled out, giving a sharp look towards Teela; who even though still imbedded in the gate, had regained full consciousness and was looking directly at him with a look of sadness.
“I will now give you two, and only these two options. The first, take your chances before a trial and let your fate be determined by a select group of judges. Or ... you can continue this futile battle, which you have absolutely no hope of winning ...”
 
-xXx-
 
A/N: Interesting choice Skeletor has ... His decision will impact the next (and last) part of the story greatly. Sorry it took so long for this part to come out, I'm just not a fast writer. I don't think the next part will take as long to put up though, considering I have a lot of it already written, but you never know. :) Well, let me know whether you like the SECONDpart of the ending or not.
 
P.S: Just incase there is any confusion, I am now splitting the ending up into three chapters. So the chapter before and this one are parts one and two, leaving only one more to go.