Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Price Of Power ❯ Chapter: 20 ( Chapter 22 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
The Price Of Power
 
“ Speech “
` Thoughts `
(( Inward voice ))
() Telepathy ()
 
A/N: Finally ... it's finished!! ^_^Enjoy!!
 
Chapter: Twenty (Third installment of the ending)
 
-xXx-
 
Destiny calls to everyone, but it is up to us if we chose to listen.
 
Although a bit groggy, Teela heard every word Adam uttered. Sadness upon sadness filled her heart. She no longer cared for the events going on in front of her. All that ran through her mind were Adam's last words before she found herself pinned against the palace gates.
 
' How did he find out? ... H-how? ... ' the teen despairingly asked herself.
 
Teela began to go into a panic at what the discovery of her secret meant. Thoughts of being verbally degraded, and perhaps being completely shunned by Adam and those she loved circulated through her mind. The teen was terrified, utterly and completely. Her emotions were now in full disarray, as a river of tears began to fall.
 
-xXx-
 
Skeletor stared dumbfounded at the young monarch, he to was taken aback by his nephews words.
 
“Repeat that?” he asked, trying to see if he heard Adam correctly.
 
“You cretin, did almost dying make you death?! Adam snapped, annoyed he had to repeat himself. “I said, either except judgment before a trial, or you die ... Is that simple enough for you to understand?“ he said condescendingly.
 
Skeletor's features immediately darkened. Infuriated, he raised his glowing staff, positioning it directly at Adam's amused face.
 
“So ... can I safely assume your answer is no to having a trial?” the young warrior asked hopefully.
 
Without saying a word, Skeletor unleashed his rage.
 
' And now the fool shall die,' Adam thought with a snicker.
 
Within a fraction of a second Adam slapped the staff aside, right as it fired. Skeletor, watched shocked as a wide beam of dark magic collided with the top of the royal palace. The impact completely destroyed the dome, but do to it being more of laser like attack, the attack did no other damage to the structure as it sped into space.
 
“Indeed you are a fool Skeletor,” Adam said with a chuckle. “Truly a fool ... But, you have made me happier then you could possibly imagine.”
 
-xXx-
 
“Why have you come to this world?” the Sorceress asked, directing her question at Kakarotto.
 
Kakarotto turned his attention towards the embattled guardian with a questioning glare.
 
“Why? ... What possible reason could you have for coming here, and ruining our lives?!” Teelana shouted directly into Kakarotto's face.
 
“Ruining, woman, what nonsense are you speaking?”
 
“Ever since your arrival, your presence has destroyed our lives. From my daughter to that bastard Adam. If you never came then none of this would of happened! None of this!”
 
“Silence your mouth witch, you dare speak to my master so!” an enraged Evil-Lyn screamed.
 
Kakarotto quickly silenced Evil-Lyn with a gesture of his hand before she could utter another word. With the Sorceress back to her full strength and now in possession of the orb; which Adam tossed to her when he suddenly decided to heal Skeletor instead of letting him die. He didn't want to have to hurt Teelana if she suddenly attacked Evil-Lyn.
 
“I am not the one who has caused your misery woman, perhaps you need to look in the mirror to find the person responsible for that,” Kakarotto cooly stated, without eyeing the Sorceress.
 
Teelana was visibly shaken by Kakarotto's statement, though she didn't give a reply.
 
“What you eternians do because of your own actions simply isn't my fault. I forced no one on this little planet to commit any moral sins. What problems yourself, your daughter and anyone else experienced was caused simply because of lack of self control and/or immaturity ...”
 
Again, Teelana said nothing, though she found Kakarotto's placid tone a bit unnerving.
 
“Do you somehow think just because I helped Adam attain the power he has now, that I'm somehow responsible for the way he has used it? The boy has made obvious mistakes, ones that I believe he will have to pay for once this ordeal with Skeletor is over with. I warned him about letting power consume his mind. His immaturity has led to his actions. Again, his ... immaturity, and not me,” he said calmly, as his gaze was still on the events happening outside the shield.
 
Teelana thought over what was said, trying to find fault. Her gut feeling was telling her that even though there was a large amount of truth in what Kakarotto was saying, he if not fully responsible for Adam's attitude change, was partly so.
 
“I ...I doubt immaturity is the only reason for his tyrannical behavior ...” she muttered after mustering her courage. “When he first visited me after returning from being kidnapped by you ... I knew upon first laying eyes on him, that he was a far different person then the kind prince I once called champion ...” Teelana said with a twinge of sadness.
 
“And your point Guardian?”
 
“My point, is the way he talked about you, one would think you were ... some sort of god to him ...” Teelana said with a bit of contempt.
 
Kakarotto let out a chuckle at her comment. He turned to face her, deciding her comment deserved his full attention as he responded.
 
“I assure you, I am not The Most High. Adam simply has admiration for me, nothing more then that Guardian.”
 
“Obviously this so-called admiration has lead to the twisting of his mind. He is twisted and evil, and considering you trained him and how hi he regards you, then ...--”
 
“Then it's only logical to presume that I am the source of his apparent turn to evil,” Kakarotto said with a snort. “But, as I told you. What you eternians do because of your own moral shortcomings is NOT, repeat NOT my fault ... Each man and woman of creation has been endowed with a freewill. How you use it and the consequences that come about because of your actions is on that person.”
 
“Well ... Adam's actions have obviously effected more souls then just himself. Whether you want to except blame or not, you are responsible ...”
 
“Look you frolicking whore! If my master tells you he is not responsible, then he's not responsible! Did laying with the boy decay your mind as well as your ethics?!” Evil-Lyn suddenly spouted, deciding to again interject herself into the conversation.
 
“Who is talking to you, you vile, loathsome creature!” Teelana snapped, while giving Evil-Lyn a death stare.
 
“Ladies!” Kakarotto bellowed, giving them both a hard stare.
 
Both women quickly settled down before Kakarotto had to take further action. Neither one wanted to have to have him physically restrain them, as they both knew it wouldn't be the most gentle of restraints if he did.
 
“Thank you Evelyn for your defense, but I can handle the Guardians accusations on my own,” Evil-Lyn's master said with a surprisingly warm smile directed towards her.
 
Evil-Lyn was surprised by her new masters tone. Normally, a slave would get and fully expect to be severely reprimanded for interfering in their masters affairs without permission. But, Kakarotto's words sounded strangely appreciative. It was a surprising tone to the witch, one she hadn't heard since before her previous lord became the vile creation of Hordak.
 
“Guardian ...” Kakarotto said, turning his full attention back towards the Sorceress. “Even though I understand why you would blame me for what has happened. I will now tell you this again ... What you eternians do because of your own moral shortcomings is simply not ... my ... fault ...”
 
Kakarotto's statement even though not an outright threat, the Sorceress could tell was laced with a trace of malice. Teelana knew without question she should drop the entire subject, before the subtle threat of harm came her way.
 
”Let me say this to you though ... Adam is not evil ... He may no longer be the champion of Grayskull you once knew, but I helped him to achieve the power he now wields to rid Eternia of the likes of Skeletor, and not to become what he hates. What he chose and now chooses to do with it was/is his own doing. The boy is young and can be a bit naive at times, but not evil.”
 
“So you're saying he is simply power mad? I find that hard to believe ...” she said with understandable skepticism.
 
“Yes, power mad Guardian ... Emotionally he hasn't learned to deal with the type of power he now wields. I knew this when we finished with his training. I knew there was a very high probability he would be consumed by the feelings of might makes right, and possibly snap... ”
 
The Sorceresses anger began to rise once again. She couldn't believe Kakarotto knowingly let loose an emotionally unstable super being on Eternia. Her anger was completely visible on her face, though she feared a verbal expressing of her feelings.
 
“There is only so much help a teacher can give to his student. Sometimes, those such as Adam need to go through some trying times in order to truly learn ... And whether you like it or not Guardian, what has taken place since his return is such a time...”
 
Again, Teelana said nothing, even though still not agreeing with Kakarotto's reasoning.
 
“A little advice though Guardian. Instead of hating Adam, I suggest you start comforting your daughter ... From your thoughts, you two were in the process of trying to build a relationship that never was. Helping her now would go great lengths in your attempt at doing so .... “
 
Teelana immediately turned her attention towards Teela, after realizing her hate towards Adam had blinded her to the pain her daughter was feeling at the moment. The pain and despair sweeping over from her daughters mind was nearly debilitating. Teelana's own guilt began to grow, ashamed she wasn't there sooner for her only child.
 
() Teela, everything will be okay my daughter ... do not despair because of what ...-- ()
 
The Sorceress jerked back as another wave of her daughters emotions came surging over the mental connection. She now regretted just blindly entering her daughters mind once she saw Teela's mental wall was down.
 
“Remember ... she may be the key to whether Adam stays as he is, or returns to the prince you all once knew. “
 
“I don't care about that!” she said curtly. “I just want her to be well again and stop hurting! ...”
 
Kakarotto fixed his gaze back upon the Sorceress only to be surprised by the hard, yet glossed over pair of eyes which greeted him.
 
-xXx-
 
Being completely consumed by the elation he felt from basically hearing Skeletor ask for death, Adam paid no heed to what was going on behind him. The words were as whispers in the wind, as he let his focus remain solely on his opponent.
 
In a fraction of a second, the young warrior bridged the small gap between himself and his hated enemy, driving his right knee directly into his uncle's stomach. Skeletor doubled over in excruciating pain. He dropped to both knees, while holding his ailing stomach with both arms. His attacker stood silently over him, with a triumphant smile.
 
“I ...ll k-k ..ill you ...” the evil scourge feebly stated.
 
Adam scoffed at the pathetic attempt at a threat.
 
“I just want you to know you pathetic piece of scum ... I won't lose a moments sleep at the thought of you spending eternity suffering for every wrong you've done ... In fact it might make me sleep better ...” Adam said with a sadistic grin.
 
Skeletor looked up, enraged at his nephews words. He tried to rise and lunge forward, but his ailing body refused to respond to his desire.
 
“Just except your fate scum, there is nothing ... absolutely nothing which will save you now,” Adam said with the same sadistic grin. “The only question which should be circulating through that twisted mind of yours is how you shall die.”
 
Skeletor knew he was doomed. There was nothing which came to the tyrants mind, which he reasoned would get him out of his current predicament and stop him from meeting his eternal fate.
 
“Form sword ...”
 
Upon his command, a sheathed, silver katana like sword materialized into his left hand. Unsheathing the weapon, he let the blade hover ominously a couple of inches above Skeletor's neck
 
“Time to die ...” Adam said coldly, as he brought the weapon down.
 
-xXx-
 
“Magic?” a confused Evil-Lyn asked her master, after sensing no magical energy coming from Adam, as the sword was formed.
 
“It is a Neo-Sword Evelyn; a nano-technology weapon, which are imbedded in all advanced forms of the Vimochian military fighting gi.”
 
“Is mine such a gi?”
 
“No ... yours is a simple trainee uniform. The only thing it has like all of the gi's I had Seih develop, is self repairing material,” he said giving his new pupil a small smile.
 
“When will I receive one such as Adams my master?”
 
“When you are ready Evelyn. I have big plans for you ... and when you're ready you will receive everything that will come with your position in my kingdom.”
 
Evil-Lyn smiled seductively, looking at her master with a hungry look.
 
“Will this position have the title queen associated with it? ...” she asked hopefully.
 
Kakarotto let out a small chuckle, but didn't respond to her question. He reasoned telling her now, that she would first be his bodyguard. Then both his and Seih's when they were married, probably wouldn't sit well with her at the moment, and would cause even more animosity between the two women then what he was already expecting.
 
“You will have to wait and see when we return ... But, I will say that you will do well for yourself Evelyn, and will gain the power you desire,” he said with a small smile.
 
Evil-Lyn slowly moved her lips towards his. When he didn't try to avoid her approach or simply stop it, she went forward and locked lips with her new master. The kiss started off small, but as the seconds passed, it grew more and more passionate. Hope then sprung up into the witch's heart like a geyser. Hope, that she would not only be able to gain a share of her masters heart, but steal it completely away from Seih.
 
-xXx-
 
Twenty yards away from the gates of the royal Palace, a bloodied Skeletor stood, glaring with seething venom at his remorseless assailant.
 
Skeletor was a mess. His face was bruised and had a deep scar going diagonally down it. Blood was oozing out of the wound and dripping on the ground. The rest of his body matched his face. Scars and bruises were all over. The Master of Evil could barely stand as a result, but had enough strength to utter curses at his attacker.
 
“How it hurts me Skeletor that you curse me after I allowed you to have some more minutes of life ...” Adam said with a chuckle. “I figured you would be appreciative, considering I could of ended your life with a simple flick of my blade.”
 
Adam let out a small chuckle, as Skeletor began yelling about wanting to kill him.
 
“This is the end for you Skeletor. Since you wish it so much, you will now pay for all the crimes you've done to this world,” Adam said coldly.
 
“You think so boy? I will never rot in an Eternian prison! Never!!”
 
“Who said anything about you rotting in prison?” Adam asked slightly confused, wondering if perhaps he had beating Skeletor into a state of delirium. “ I gave you the chance to surrender and except a trial and face a possible exile, but your ego refused to accept it. Now ... you must and will pay the price for your foolishness,” he again said in a emotionless manner.
 
“Curse you!!” Skeletor screamed.
 
Adam unsheathed his sword once again; reading himself for when Skeletor attacked.
 
“Come Skeletor ... come and DIE! ... “ Adam screamed, as he became incased in a blue flame like aura.
 
The Master Of Evil in turn gathered what strength he had left and charged with reckless abandon. Raising his Havoc Staff above his head, Skeletor swung with all his remaining strength.
 
Adam waited and didn't move an inch. He stood with his arm's down with his sword facing towards the ground. A smile crept on his lip's as he saw his opponents desperate attack. Moving out of the way of the strike he brought his sword up, cutting the staff in two. Skeletor was shocked for a moment, but quickly regained his resolve. Lunging at his opponent, he pulled back his right fist and tried to connect with the last of his strength.
 
“Pathetic fool ... you should of lied down and crawled away like all slime,” Adam said coldly. “Now except your fate ... “
 
With ease and amazing grace, Adam leapt over the punch while at the same time cutting off Skeletor's hand. As he landed behind his victim, who was now clutching his right arm and screaming in excruciating pain.
 
The young warrior disappeared from sight. Seconds later Skeletor was being slashed over and over again by an invisible force. Those gathered watched as more deep cut's appeared all over the scourge of Eternia's body. Huge droplets of blood were flying everywhere. Skeletor stood motionless, the ferocity, speed of the attack, and the share pain he was in, caused the sorcerer to go into a state of paralysis.
 
But, mercifully for him, his torment would soon come to an end.
 
“For all the pain and misery you've caused ... For all the pain and misery! ...” Adam stated, stopping his blitz attack, as he reappeared about twenty feet above what was left of the evil tyrant
 
“Adam no!!” Teela desperately screamed.
 
Adam turned his attention towards his love, only to be met with a scene which nearly broke his heart. Looking at her bruised and battered form, his guilt rekindled, forcing him to once again second guess himself about what he was about to do.
 
' I cannot turn back now, I've come too far ... Skeletor must die, no matter what it cost me ...' Adam thought, as he turned away from the looks of despair and horror which were plastered over Teela's face. ' For every innocent man and woman on Eternia, I do this ... To end the years of fear and pain he has caused others. I do this for Eternia ... for Eternia ...'
 
”DIE!!” the young warrior screamed with a tear rolling down his left cheek, as he made his decision to face whatever consequences his actions may bring.
 
Clutching his sword with both hands, and raised over his head. The blade became encased in a Adam's blue ki, making it look similar to a light saber. For himself, and for all on Eternia, Adam came down on the scourge of his beloved home. The two then became enclosed within a blinding blue light, as the impact caused a tremendous explosion, making the scene look similar to when a nuclear bomb is detonated.
-xXx-
 
“Too much power ... far too much ...” Kakarotto said to himself as he watched the scene unfold.
 
As the explosion grew closer and closer to the royal palace. Kakarotto knew that Adam was losing control of his emotions. The end result of such a loss of concentration would certainly mean only one thing, and as he watched the blast finally over take the palace, followed soon after by Teela's scream's, he knew the worse possible scenario had happened.
 
“Teela? ...TEELA!!” the Sorceress suddenly screamed towards the palace, as she heard her daughters cries.
 
With grim reality, horror etched itself on the Sorceresses face, as she sensed her daughter's presence disappear.
 
-xXx-
 
A few minutes later, Adam slowly floated out of the twenty foot deep, forty yard long crater created by his attack on Skeletor. Devastation was all about, but his main focus was on the damage to his home, and more specifically the damage taken by the area Teela occupied.
 
“It's gone ...” he said in disbelief. “The gate is gone ...” he said sounding mystified, at the scene.
 
Adam stared in horror at what he had done. He had succeeded in ridding Eternia of Skeletor, but the price he paid in doing so caused him to have a sickening feeling of guilt. He stretched out his senses seeing if he could find his love. But like her mother, his search was unsuccessful.
 
“W-what have I done? ...” he whispered weakly, as his heart was filling with dread.
 
The gate, and a majority of the front portion of the wall surrounding the palace courtyard was turned into nothing but dust. The palace itself only suffered from deep cracks going along the walls of the columns with apparently no other structural damage.
 
Adam dropped to his knees, in a state of shock, as the horrific reality of Teela's fate was beginning to sink in.
 
“Teela ...!!” the Sorceress screamed as she came swooping down from the sky. “Teela where are ...--”
 
“She's gone ...” Adam said with a blank expression.
 
The Sorceress stared blankly at the spot her daughter once occupied. She stretched out her senses on the whole of Eternia, desperately searching for the faintest trace of Teela's life-force. A cold chill soon swept over Teelana's body, as her search came up fruitless.
 
“Teela ...” she said in a state of disbelief. “No ... you can't be gone ... you can't be ...” Teelana again said in disbelief.
 
Adam still couldn't believe what had happened. His love, the woman he planned on marrying and bearing children with, was gone.
 
' And it is my fault ... I... I killed her ...'
 
Adam suddenly felt his teachers presence appear to his right, in between himself and the Sorceress. The young warrior looked up confused at his mentor; with his look asking without words how could such a tragic thing take place.
 
“You applied far too much power into the attack on Skeletor. It looked to me, Teela's remark to you before you struck, obviously caused some confusion within you and caused your loss of control,” Kakarotto said sounding disappointed.
 
Adams heart began to break even more, causing his eyes to be filled with sadness.
 
“I'm disappointed in you Adam ... At the most inappropriate time you gave way to your inner doubts and guilt. If you would have been decisive and struck with absolute confidence; that what you were doing was right, your love would be here with you now ...”
 
Kakarotto's words stung Adam to his core, but yet it is the way the truth normally effects the guilty.
 
“You have proven you're still that weak boy I started training instead of the true warrior and man I was hoping you would turn out to be ... “
 
Kakarotto was going to continue in his rebuke of Adam's costly shortcomings, until he felt a slight power surge coming from the Sorceress. Expecting her to attack Adam for what he did to her only child. The Saiya-jin was surprised to see her instead, morphing into Zoar and flying off with the orb secured firmly in her talons, without even so much as an unkind word towards her daughters killer.
 
As she flew off, a few droplets of water hit the ground. Surprising Kakarotto that in her eagle form Teelana could cry.
 
“Dragonballs ... do you think the Dragonballs can bring her back teacher?” Adam asked, with his eyes beaming with hope.
 
Kakarotto turned his attention back towards his pupil, thinking over what was said. Indeed the Dragonballs could restore Teela to life, but whether that was the best thing or not for Adam at the moment, and for the future, was what Kakarotto was really pondering.
 
“Could you face her, after knowing she would know that it was you who killed her Adam?”
 
“I don't know ...” he admitted truthfully. “But, I must have her back ...”
 
“Is that so? ... Then what will you do if you lose control of yourself again and kill her a second time? Do you expect the Dragonballs to solve all of your problems for you?”
 
“Please teacher, I cannot live through life knowing ... knowing I killed her ...” Adam desperately pleaded.
 
“No ... As I said Adam, you must become a true warrior and a man. You may not like my decision, but it is the best for you and I believe everyone on this planet that Teela remains where she is ...”
 
Kakarotto moved over to his kneeling pupil and put a comforting hand on his right shoulder.
 
“Do not fret my friend. I ask that you trust me Adam. Trust that I know what I'm doing and that in a few months time, you will see why I have made this decision.”
 
Adam broke down and openly wept, as the reality of never seeing his love again was too much for him to bare. Kakarotto gazed on his pupil with a bit of pity. He highly doubted, in the mental state Adam was in, that he would have the courage to face his parents, friends, and comrades, and tell them the truth of what happened. So deciding that he would extend his stay on Eternia for a few more days, he called Evil-Lyn to himself, and teleported all three of them back to his polar home.
 
-xXx-
One week later, somewhere deep within the Evergreen Forest.
Evil-Lyn stared at the dimensional gate almost hypnotically. Crossing through would mean no going back to her former life as a scourge to Eternia. Instead, a new life would await her. One filled with hardships and trials around most every corner. But, also filled with blessings, which would make the short term pain worth it.
“In spite of what I said earlier, you do have a choice in this Evelyn ... If you choose, you may stay here ...” Kakarotto calmly stated.
Evil-Lyn gave Kakarotto a shocked expression, but somehow she knew he would tell her this. If there was one thing she learned over the years, was that it is better that people be with you because they choose to, and not because of force.
“You're free from Skeletor's grasp now Evelyn. You can now start your life over without that scum plaguing it. You told me your father once had such high hopes for you, that you could do so much better then to be with the likes of Skeletor. Now ... you have that chance ... A chance at redemption and a chance to prove those who thought you would end up a nothing wrong ...”
Kakarotto then put his left hand unto her right shoulder in a reassuring manner, which without words told Evil-Lyn he would support her decision no matter what it was.
Evil-Lyn sharply turned to face Kakarotto upon his touch. Without warning she closed the small gap that was between them. Draping her arms around his neck, she then reached up and locked lips with the man she now loved. Kakarotto was slightly taken aback for a few seconds by her bold and surprising move, but after feeling the passion with which she was kissing him, he decided to recuperate the act of love.
(( Looks like she is saying goodbye ... ))
' Yes ... just like you wanted ... '
(( You know this is for the best Kakarotto ... For both their sakes, this is for the best. ))
' Whatever you say Son Goku, whatever you say ... '
With an amount of passion which shocked them both. The two stood locked for a few more minutes, delving deeper and deeper into each other, before eventually separating. As they parted, Evil-Lyn undoubtedly knew what she wanted to do, and prepared herself for the consequences she knew would follow.
“Thank you for everything Kakarotto ... Thank you ...” Evil-Lyn said as a steady stream of tears started to fall from her eyes.
Kakarotto looked on at the uncharacteristic behavior with a bit of a heavy heart. He wanted Evil-Lyn to come with him, but that appeared to be an unrealistic dream at the moment.
“Sure you won't change your mind? ...”
Evil-Lyn took a couple of steps back, before giving him a warm smile. She loved him that much was true. Even as unexplainable as it was for her to feel love for someone she barely knew. Evil-Lyn knew without a doubt love was what she felt for the man before her.
“As you taught me, the will of Patamowos is before us ... Time for us both to except it ...” she said wiping the tears from her eyes.
“Yes ... I guess it is ...” Kakarotto said flatly.
Kakarotto's answer caused her heart to sink. She had been hoping, he would change his mind about giving her a choice and just force her to go with him. But his answer, showed the decision was still hers.
' Unfortunately ... ' she sadly thought.
Taking another couple steps back, Evil-Lyn took one last long look at the man who had changed her life more then anyone else before him. The man who she wandered if life was possible to live without.
' Not good thoughts Evelyn. You'll only make this harder for yourself ... ' she solemnly thought.
Kakarotto could see the conflict written all over her face. But not wanting to make the situation more difficult then it already was, he gave her one last smile, before walking through the gate.
-xXx-
As the man she loved walked through the portal. Seih watched his return with mixed emotions. Apart of her was glad beyond words, to have her beloved back. But another side of her was furious with him for the kiss he shared with Evil-Lyn. She had watched the scene with barely controlled anger. Threatening those gathered that if the two didn't break the embrace up soon, she would; by means of putting her fist right through Evil-Lyn's face.
“Welcome back my lord. Did your trip go well?” stated a smiling Daz.
Kakarotto returned his chief and only bodyguards smile as he walked through the gate. He didn't have to ask why Daz was there, as it was a bodyguards duty to be wherever the king was located. He also didn't have to ask why six maidservants were there, as he knew Seih would have some on hand incase he needed something attended to.
“Fine Daz, fine ... How have you all been?”
“Excellent sire ... ” replied Daz along with a majority of those gathered.
Kakarotto looked at the tall, lightly tanned, white haired, muscular bodyguard for a few seconds. Over the years Daz had become the closest thing to a son in the universe he was in. The twenty five year old in return, looked up to Kakarotto like a father, since his own father was killed a couple of years before Kakarotto first arrived on Vimoche Prime.
“Well my queen ... aren't you glad to see me?” Kakarotto said in a surprising warm manner towards Seih.
Seih wanted to still be mad at him for what she had seen. But after hearing him call her his queen, all anger quickly left from within her heart.
“Yes ... Always and forever my love ... I will always ...--”
Seihs' eyes watched with shock as from behind her love, a silhouette of a person appeared to be passing through the gate.
' No ... No!! ' Seih inwardly screamed, as she realized who the person was.
With an euphoric look at seeing Seihs' surprised face, Evil-Lyn turned her attention to the rest of the occupants of the lab.
“Greetings everyone ...My name is Evi ... Evelyn ... I shall one day be your queen ... But until then, I will be as my master commands,” Evil-Lyn stated, as she stood on the right side of the man she loved, while giving everyone and especially Seih a bemused look given their shocked faces at her sudden appearance and even more shocking words.
Seih's fury was slowly rising the more she thought upon Evil-Lyn's bold statement. Parts of the dream she had a couple of nights before re-entered her mind; the same dream\vision Kakarotto and Evil-Lyn had also shared.
' Today ... was going to be so special ... Myself and Kakarotto were finally going to be together ... forever ...But this creature ruined it!! And now I will ruin her ... '
 
The meaning of what she had said in the dream was perfectly clear to her. Those words she uttered struck Seih to her core, causing unparalleled feelings of hate towards Evil-Lyn.
 
“I thought you left this off-world dog back on that planet!” Seih said maliciously, as she continued to glare hatefully at the only obstacle which stood in the way of her happiness.
 
Evil-Lyn tensed up at being called a dog. It took everything she had to resist the urge to start attacking. Instead, the Eternian witch decided to strike back in a less physical, but yet just as an effective manner.
 
“I may be a dog ... But apparently he must need a pet such as myself, for obviously you cannot satisfy him …” Evil-Lyn said giving Seih a wry look, hoping her words struck a nerve within her rival.
 
Now it was Seih who had to restrain herself from attacking. Nothing would of pleased her more at the moment then to rip Evil-Lyn's head clear off her body. But, the genius scientist knew Kakarotto would stop her immediately the moment she tried.
 
“I can satisfy my lord in all ways you cyprian dog! Unlike you, whose previous master found you so unworthy, that he sought to toss you the way of trash!” Seih spat back bitterly.
 
Seih's words caused Evil-Lyn to flinch slightly, as if she had been struck. Now more then ever Evil-Lyn wanted to have it out with Seih. But, she was no fool, and knew that at least physically she wasn't yet on Seih's level.
 
“Regardless of how you may try to deny it, you know what I say is the truth … after all, you should of known a little girl such as yourself could never truly satisfy a man such as Kakarotto ...”
 
“And you can?! Whore, you have some nerve! One master dumps you, and like some parasite you latch onto my lord just because he showed you pity. I was right when I called you a dog, because only a dog would act in such a pathetic manner,” Seih condescendingly responded.
 
Kakarotto stood quietly between the two bickering females. He kept a wary eye on them both incase one decided to attack the other.
 
((Now do you understand why I said to leave Evil-Lyn on Eternia?))
 
` It's just a bit of tension … After being around each other for a while it should settle down … Hopefully ...'
 
((As with the other times we have had this sort of conversation, you're just doing wishful thinking. They will never see eye to eye, never …))
 
' That we shall see … and besides, Evil-Lyn chose to walk through the gate on her own. I gave her the choice of whether to stay on Eternia or come to Vimoche. She chose to come and except whatever fate is in store for her. Her destiny in the sovereign will of Patamowos is before her…On her own she chose to except it and reap whatever may come her way.'
 
With his short conversation with Son Goku over, Kakarotto turned his sole attention back to the still bickering females. The tension around the room was still heavy, as everyone gathered could feel it. They all sensed that something bad was about to happen if the pair weren't separated soon.
-xXx-
 
The pain caused by tragedy, can either make one stronger or bring one to total ruin. It can make you repent of any and all crimes you have committed or harden your heart. You can learn from your mistakes and be an example to others in your attempt to make amends for your sins. Or you can allow pain and misery to be your companions as you walk the land. Allowing your shadow to stretch far across it, bringing darkness and death to all that it may come upon.
 
Adam looked up sadly at the statue of king Grayskull, inside the newly rebuilt castle Grayskull. He sighed heavily out of sadness and frustration, that he failed in his oath to be the person Grayskull was.
 
A month had now passed since that tragic day when he lost his love. His emotions were still in turmoil, as her face haunted him whether he slept or was awake. He still disagreed with Kakarotto's decision of not restoring Teela to life with the Dragonballs. He could not and frankly refused to believe that such a thing would be good for him.
 
But, he was thankful to Kakarotto for taking him away from the Royal Palace when he did. There was no way he could of brought himself to tell his parents, or the Masters what had happened, and even after a month had passed, he still couldn't. In fact, Adam hadn't had any contact whatsoever with anyone he knew, save for the Sorceress who had mentally contacted him to meet her at the rebuild Grayskull.
 
To say he was surprised when she contacted him would have been a severe understatement. She was the very last person he expected to hear from. But she did contact him, and so far was being quite calm facing the person who robbed her of any chance to reconcile and have a true mother daughter relationship with her only child.
 
Looking her in the face after all that had happened between them, was something which was very difficult for him to do. He wished he were instead back at the temporary polar home Kakarotto graciously left to him, caring for the baby dragon Asho; which Kakarotto had also left in his care. Anything right now would have been better then having to face her penetrating and hateful glare.
 
“I ... am ...” the Sorceress paused, unsure if she wanted to go through with the statement which undoubtedly would change both their lives forever.
 
Adam watched her with silent trepidation. He knew what was going to be said. You reap what you sow, and it was time for him to get the full extent of his brashness.
 
“Just say it ...” he said letting out a heavy guilt riddled sigh.
 
Teelana continued to look with hatred at the man which in her mind deprived her of the only thing in this world she truly loved. If she could, she would of killed him where he stood. But, that would only make matters worse then what they already were. Killing Adam would not bring back her daughter, even if it might give her a bit of satisfaction, knowing Teela would be avenged. Teelana hated to admit it, almost becoming ill at the thought, but from this point on, she/they now needed each other more then ever before.
 
“Pregnant ... you ... murderer ... I am pregnant!”
 
-xXx-
 
A/N: Now that is going to be a Long, Long, nine months for both of them. :)Well... that's it people. :) Thank you all again for your support during the two plus years it took to finish this story. Your comments, long or short did help to shape the story in some way. Now, I'm very curious to hear what people think of the story as a whole.
 
Do not fret though, there will be a sequel :))