Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Sister Saga Revised ❯ Greetings Earthlings ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Well, in case you missed it on the first two postings, I don't own DBZ. Tis nothing more than a dream.
 
A/N: Here ya go! Now you don't have to read this chapter in script form! I'm sure this makes a lot more sense.
 
A warm summery day was promised for most of the members of the Z-Senshi as they planned to get together for one of their infamous reunions near Mount Paozu, the Son residence. Of course, Chi-Chi and her sons busied themselves with trying to prepare their home for their guests. Chi-Chi, as always, was being a perfectionist.
 
“Goten! Come get your toys outta here! Bulma and Vegeta are going to be here any minute!” Chi-Chi stepped over a large pile of jacks and other assorted childhood toys piled in the middle of the living room floor. “Gohan! Would you quit goofing off and come help me with lunch?!” came her version of a gentle direction for her eldest son.
 
“Just a minute, Mom!” Gohan called back as he pulled the comb through his wild, Saiyan hair one more time. No matter what he did, it never seemed to help. Just like his father, Gohan's hair had a mind of its own which could not be defied. Gohan's hair just might have been the one thing on planet Earth more stubborn than Chi-Chi Son.
 
“There you are,” mother acknowledged son as Gohan joined her in the kitchen. “Would you stir the rice while I check the grill?” Chi-Chi well knew the appetite of a Saiyan and with five to feed today, she certainly had her work cut out for her since she lacked the bots Bulma used to cook even the simplest meals for her crew. Then again, Chi-Chi was accustomed to feeding Goku in the years past. He alone had always eaten as much as both her boys did now. Making a meal for her one husband had always felt more like making a meal for a platoon.
 
“Sure, Mom.” Gohan smiled back at his mother, stepping to the stove and using a wooden spoon to un-stick any rice from the bottom of the huge pot.
 
Finished with putting away his toys, the human/Saiyan tornado known as Goten blew into the kitchen, curious as always. “So, Gohan, what are you doing?” Goten asked with his eyes wide with curiosity, a look his father tended to wear often before his death during the Cell Games.
 
“I'm just helping Mom.” Gohan smiled down at his little brother fondly. “You know she's really stressed out about everything. We need to do everything we can to help her get things ready.”
 
Goten simply nodded pleasantly. “Yeah, I know.” After pausing a moment in what appeared to be thought, Goten voiced a question in the most innocent of tones, “Did you invite one of your girlfriends, Gohan?”
 
Before he could check his response, Gohan felt the word, “What?!?” rip from his throat with a bright blush glowing on his cheeks. Recovering slightly, he continued with, “Of course not…. Not that I have a girlfriend or anything!” No matter what he said, it just didn't seem to come out right as he only succeeded in embarrassing himself even more.
 
“I can't wait for school,” Goten replied brightly, either ignoring or not noticing his brother's discomfort. “Having a girlfriend sounds like lots of fun!”
 
Gohan was saved from what would surely have turned into an incriminating reply by the sound of the doorbell ringing and Chi-Chi stepping back into the room.
 
“They're here! I'm not ready yet!” Chi-Chi was in total freak-out mode. The perfect housewife hates not being ready for guests on time. “Goten, go answer the door and hurry!” she directed as the bell rang yet again. Neither Bulma nor Vegeta were known for their patience.
 
Hurrying toward the door with a smile on his face, Goten called back over his shoulder, “Sure thing, Mom!” Whenever Chi-Chi gave a command, her sons were sure to jump in reply.
 
Upon opening the front door, Goten was met by the sight of Bulma followed by Vegeta, Chibi and Mirai Trunks all loaded down with food stacked well above their respective heads, except for Bulma that is. With Saiyans eating, Bulma had figured it would be a kind gesture to help Chi-Chi feed everyone since such vast amounts were needed that day.
 
“Hi, Goten,” Bulma smiled down pleasantly. “Where's your mom?”
 
“Oh, she's in the kitchen,” Goten smiled back before his eyes drifted behind the woman to the Saiyans loaded with a feast. His mouth began watering at the thought of being allowed to “dig in”. “That's a lot of food!”
 
“Yes, it is. Now move out of the way so we can put it all down!” Vegeta growled unhappily, not that Vegeta really ever seemed to be happy.
 
Obviously intimidated, Goten shyly stepped aside, allowing Vegeta and his sons to enter the house. Seeing Goten's discomfort, Bulma leaned down to Goten's level and whispered comfortingly to him. “Don't worry about Vegeta. He didn't mean to be so harsh. He's just like that.” With a smile, she rubbed Goten's hair affectionately. Somehow, Bulma had always viewed Goten and Gohan as her own sons in a way, probably because they were the only children of her deceased best friend, Goku Son. In fact, in his own way, Bulma's own husband, Vegeta had taken over the responsibility of the father figure role for the two boys. It was a pretty impressive act for the seemingly completely self-centered Saiyan prince.
 
“That's okay,” Goten smiled brightly. Nothing ever seemed to faze the boy; must have been Goku's genes in him. “You think Trunks and I can go play?”
 
Smiling fondly, Bulma nodded at Goten. “Sure. All Vegeta ever does is train, and he makes both Trunkses do the same. You know Chibi always enjoys playing with you.” After giving her consent, Bulma stepped past the chibi Goku clone and entered the house, heading toward the kitchen and Chi-Chi. Bulma might not be a gifted chef, but she still felt it was her duty to help Chi-Chi in any way possible. Halfway there Bulma heard a loud crash. Fearing the worst, she rushed the rest of the way managing only an “Oh, dear,” at the site that awaited her.
 
Vegeta was steaming. “If you would get out from under foot, accidents like that wouldn't happen!!!” He certainly was feeling brave today. It was a rare occasion indeed when any man, Saiyan or otherwise, would dare raise his voice around Chi-Chi.
 
Of course, Chi-Chi reacted vehemently to the cruel words thrown toward her eldest son. “Stop yelling at my Gohan!!!” She proceeded to loose her tongue on Vegeta. “He didn't mean to make you trip!!!”
 
Seeing both Chi-Chi and Vegeta were distracted, both Trunkses and Gohan made their hasty exit as Bulma stepped forward, almost colliding with the boys in their haste to escape.
 
“Sorry, Mom!” Mirai threw over his shoulder as he rushed past, happy to be free. Things were about to get nasty between Chi-Chi and Vegeta if Bulma didn't step in soon, and the boys knew it!
 
“Me, too.” Gohan paused for a moment to give Bulma an explanation of the events unfolding in the kitchen. “I didn't mean to trip Vegeta. I had no idea he was right behind me.”
 
Bulma rolled her eyes and sighed patiently. “It's okay, Gohan. Run along. I'm going in there to break them up.” Without waiting for Gohan's response, she continued to the kitchen before anything or anyone was broken.
 
Upon Bulma's entering the kitchen Vegeta was mid-rant. “If your sons weren't the offspring of that fool Kakarot, then maybe they would have had a little intelligence, but with two idiots for parents, I can understand what's wrong with them!” Things certainly did not look good.
 
“Stupid?!?!” Chi-Chi reacted instantly to Vegeta's insult. “How about you, oh great Prince Vegeta?!? You're no genius! It's a good thing Trunks took after Bulma in the brains department! At least Goku helped me out! All you do is train and cause trouble!”
 
Bulma, having heard quite enough of the childish bantering between Chi-Chi and Vegeta to last a lifetime, decided now was as good a time as any to interrupt with, “Would you both shut up?!?!” Ignoring the irritated and slightly confused looks she was given, Bulma continued. “We haven't even been around each other five minutes and everyone's fighting! Let's just drop it any try to get along the rest of the day.”
 
It did take a moment, but finally Vegeta and Chi-Chi gave in and conformed to Bulma's wishes, each wearing an expression saying nothing short of, “I'll be sociable, but I don't have to like it.”
 
Happy someone was listening to her, Bulma smiled brightly at her oldest girl friend. “Good. So, Chi-Chi, how have things been?”
 
With the politest of nods, Chi-Chi answered, “Pretty good,” adding in a brag about her boys as well. “Both Gohan and Goten are doing well in their studies.”
 
Of course, Vegeta could not refrain from commenting in his normal, acidic manner. “I still can't get over the idea of Saiyan scholars! Chibi and Mirai are becoming more powerful everyday while your boys grow weak. Saiyans should train, not study!”
 
Before Chi-Chi could reply and start yet another battle of wills with the stubborn prince, Bulma decided to intervene. “Well, Vegeta, Gohan and Goten are only half Saiyan. Let them study while Chibi and Mirai train,” she half chided her husband. Unable to resist the snappy line in her head, she ended with, “Maybe it'll all balance out.”
 
“Sure, it will. My son will beat Kakarot's in battle one day,” Vegeta muttered under his breath only loud enough for Bulma to overhear.
 
While the adults were having their conference, the boys had gathered in the living room to have one of their own.
 
“Gohan! What happened in there?!?” Goten asked in a worried tone. It was a rare day indeed that Gohan did anything to have anyone yell at him, including Vegeta.
 
“Well,” Gohan started, trying to slow his heart rate and breathing. “I was draining the rice and when I took a step back, I bumped into Vegeta. I didn't even know he was there!”
 
“Man! He sounded mad!” Goten commented. The only person he usually saw angry was his mother and he had yet to learn she was a far more terrifying opponent than Vegeta.
 
“Trust me, he was and probably still is,” Mirai Trunks chose to add all-too-calmly. If you had seen Vegeta angry once, you'd seen him angry a million times. After a while, it lost its ability to make people want to wet themselves when Vegeta raised his voice. After spending so much time around the prince, neither Trunks seemed fazed by his explosions of temper. All knew Chi-Chi was the real reason everyone had cleared the kitchen so quickly.
 
At that moment, a strange noise was heard from outside, getting everyone's attention.
 
“What was that?” Mirai Trunks voiced the question on all the boys' minds.
 
Gohan simply shrugged as everyone looked to him for information. He did have the most experience with the area and its noises. “I don't know,” he simply answered the questioning eyes. When that didn't work to settle down the stares, he added, “So, I guess I'll go and see.”
 
As Gohan was beginning to rise, Chi-Chi, Vegeta and Bulma, having heard the noise, rushed into the living room.
 
“What did you boys do?!?” Chi-Chi was immediately in her angry mother mode.
 
“Nothing, Mom. Honest. That noise came from outside!” Goten explained, hoping the information would be enough to get his mother to calm, or at least redirect her anger away from anyone within the house.
 
Meanwhile, Bulma, being the genius she was, had moved to look out a window. “Um…Chi. There's a big spaceship on your front lawn,” she broke the news gently.
 
As Bulma had expected, Chi-Chi suddenly redirected her anger from the half Saiyan brood to the rude individuals outside interrupting the get together. “How dare they park on my grass?!” Chi-Chi quickly moved to the window for a better view, pushing Bulma out of the way in the process. “Do you have any idea how much work I put into that grass?!?”
 
While the women had been chattering, Vegeta had made himself comfortable standing behind Chi-Chi and using his ki to hover slightly to see over her shoulder. “I've never seen a ship like that in all my years of space travel,” he commented. Few races existed without the prince's knowledge. At least something good had come of his working as Frieza's lackey for so many years.
 
“Well,” Bulma sounded thoughtful, “Maybe they just crash landed.”
 
“Or,” Vegeta countered, “they're here to take over like most aliens who land on this wretched planet. They obviously didn't crash, since their craft is in one piece.”
 
“Whatever the reason they're here, it looks like they're getting out.” Mirai brought everyone back to the situation at hand, causing them to rush to the window before Gohan led the way out the door toward the landed ship, all stopping about twenty yards away except for Vegeta.
 
Once within ten yards of the alien craft, Vegeta paused and without turning back yelled back to his comrades, “Mirai, Gohan, come to me!” The boys moved to stand beside the prince. Glancing to his left and right before looking straight ahead again, Vegeta spoke firmly yet quietly to the young men, “Whatever comes out of there, we're all that stands between it and world domination.”
 
After glancing back at their respective families, Mirai spoke for the boys. “Gotcha, Dad. I call the first one out the door.”
 
“I'll take the second,” Gohan echoed.
 
Vegeta nodded his approval. “All right. Trunks, I know you're ready…son.” Adding skepticism to his voice, he addressed the other boy, “Gohan, just do the best you can.”
 
A moment later, the ship's door began rising. In response, Vegeta, Mirai and Gohan crouched into fighting stances, prepared for battle as a figure stepped into the sunlight. As the men watched, the beautiful, dark-haired young woman began descending using a ramp, a majestic tiger at her side, her tail tucked neatly around her waist.
 
Once off the ramp, the woman paused, looked at the men, and questioned, “Which one of you is the true Saiyan?”
 
Frowning, Vegeta answered, “I am Prince Vegeta of the Saiyan race.”
 
Nodding her understanding, the still unidentified woman spoke again. “I have been looking for you.” Looking Vegeta up and down thoughtfully, she decided to continue. “I am Mikomi of Planet Muse. Give me one moment, please.” And with that, she turned and quickly stepped back inside the ship, leaving the onlookers completely baffled.
 
“Well, this time you were right,” Mikomi confessed once again inside her ship.
 
Asuke almost snorted in reply, “I told you they were here. You really should learn to trust me.”
 
“Yeah.” Mikomi rolled her eyes. “It just took you five tries to get the location right. I hope you know we confused the heck out of a lot of humans today.”
 
“I offered to let you take over since you're now the expert!” Asuke spat back.
 
“Whatever.” Mikomi rolled her eyes yet again. “Let's just drop it and go talk to our new friends.” Without waiting to see Asuke's reaction, she stepped back out the door to join Tiger standing right where she had been left.
 
Catching sight of Asuke, everyone but Vegeta audibly gasped at the angel-like creature before them. “She's beautiful…” Chi-Chi was heard to mutter with Bulma wondering aloud, “What exactly is she?”
 
Noticing the curious looks she was receiving, Asuke simply stated, “I am Asuke. I am a native of Planet Muse. I am the leading scientist on this mission and the effective captain of this vessel. We were sent to-” Mikomi cut her short.
 
“I think that's enough.” Looking over everyone before her, Mikomi chuckled lightly. “Basically, we come in peace.” Giving Asuke a quick glance, Mikomi grinned at her, nearly giggling in excitement, “I've always wanted to say that!”
 
“They sure look cool!” Chibi Trunks grinned gleefully, completely amazed at the events unfolding before him.
 
Goten, equally amazed and amused added his own thoughts. “Yeah! I can't wait to meet them!” Those words spoken, double trouble raced to meet the new girls, stopping short, just in front of Vegeta, Mirai and Gohan.
 
Unable to stop herself, Mikomi grinned broadly at the sight of the adorable chibis, assuming one could well be her relative. “And who might you cuties be?”
 
Chibi Trunks chose to answer for both the boys. “I'm Trunks and this is Goten. He's my best friend.”
 
“Yeah! We're all having a picnic today with some old friends of my dad! Everyone else should be here soon,” Goten explained the grouping of people.
 
“Really?” Mikomi's eyes grew wide. “Do your picnics include food?!” There was no mistaking her Saiyan hunger.
 
Asuke simply rolled her eyes and mumbled to herself, “Here we go. She can't keep mind off food for five minutes, even when she has just met her brother for the first time in her life.”
 
“Sure,” Chi-Chi spoke up, being the polite hostess. “We have plenty of food. You're more than welcome to join us,” she invited the aliens to dinner.
 
Mikomi grinned and nodded. “I'd love to!”
 
With a sigh, Asuke agreed, “Me, too.”
 
Vegeta frowned in thought, “I don't trust them. There is something suspicious about them, and why were they looking for the `one true' Saiyan?” There was something he certainly did not trust about these visitors. Something definitely seemed amiss.
 
Vegeta, like everyone else, was pulled from his thoughts when Krillin, Eighteen and Marron landed behind the Son residence, prompting everyone to make their way to the back of the home to greet the newly arrived guests.
 
Greetings and explanations out of the way, everyone settled down to begin a much desired lunch among friends.
 
“So, what's this Planet Muse like?” Bulma asked curiously, taking a moment out of eating her teriyaki chicken to ask questions.
 
Asuke, seeing an opportunity to brag a little about her home, answered Bulma's question, quite enthusiastically. “Well, geographically it's similar to this planet, but there isn't such a diversity of life back home. This planet is a biologist's dream come true.” Directing her attention to Vegeta, she addressed him, “I can see why you chose to settle here. It's a wonderful planet.”
 
“It wasn't exactly by choice,” Vegeta growled, having just finished a rather large bite of pork.
 
“Dad kinda got stranded here after the whole Frieza thing,” Chibi Trunks elaborated while taking a breath in between bites of his meal.
 
Seizing the moment, Mikomi asked Vegeta, “Speaking of Frieza, did you really destroy him?”
 
“Actually, that was my Goku.” Chi-Chi gave a reminiscent sigh of unforgotten happiness. “He was such a wonderful fighter.”
 
“So, Frieza is dead?” Asuke asked rhetorically, turning to Mikomi. “That's wonderful! Everyone back home will be so happy!”
 
Lifting a curious brow, Mirai Trunks asked, “What do you know about Frieza?”
 
“Years ago, he destroyed many planets and took over others,” Mikomi recited the lessons she had learned as a child from both Okara and the Musians. “I know that he used Saiyans as his shock troops, and when he realized their true potential for power, he destroyed their planet. Only a few escaped and Frieza continued using them. He fixed his eyes on this planet and figured it would be an easy conquest, so he started looking for the next planet on his list, Planet Muse, our home.”
 
“We received word Frieza was dead at the hands of some rogue Saiyan warriors, and we were sent here to confirm it,” Asuke finished up the tale.
 
“That's weird,” Bulma commented. “Frieza's been dead for years. Odd the news of Frieza's dead was never confirmed among your people.”
 
“On Planet Muse, there are tons of red tape to dig through for anything, bureaucracy,” Mikomi began her explanation. “Besides, the rumor was probably really old at the time we got it since this planet doesn't have interstellar communication and no other planet's inhabitants witnessed Frieza's death.
 
“You said a Goku killed Frieza?” Mikomi ended with a question. She had answered their questions. It was now her turn to ask one.
 
Nodding, Chi-Chi replied, “Yes, that's right.”
 
“If you don't mind my asking, where is he?” Mikomi watched Chi-Chi curiously. It had struck her as odd when she was introduced to the entire group and all the adults appeared to be paired off with children except for Chi-Chi.
 
“He died about seven years ago,” Gohan spared his mother the pain of having to answer such a personal question.
 
“Ye-ouch,” Mikomi replied in embarrassment. “Sorry `bout that.”
 
Goten who had been listening to the entire conversation while wolfing down his food, now gazed at Mikomi and Asuke with huge, questioning eyes. “If you two are from the same planet, why do you look so different?”
 
Asuke simply chuckled as she responded. “Well, you and that bird on the branch over there,” she pointed at a robin, “don't look the same. But you are still from the same planet. You can be from the same home planet and look differently.”
 
Holding his chop-sticks in his left hand, Goten blinked blankly and scratched the back of his head Son-style with his right hand. “Oh, now I understand…I think.”
 
During Asuke's explanation, Mikomi had been staring in her bowl, stirring her rice slowly, thoughtfully. Once Asuke had finished with her explanation, Mikomi began to speak, looking toward Goten while remaining aware of the rest of the group. “Actually, there's a better explanation.” She turned her attention to Asuke. “Asuke, no one ever told you the entire story about me, did they?”
 
“Tell me about you?” Asuke lifted a brow. “I know you're an alien who took refuge on our planet as a child, but that's all anyone was ever told. Now that I think about it, it is rather odd we weren't even informed of your species.”
 
“True,” Mikomi nodded. “I'm not originally from Planet Muse, and I guess I owe you all the rest of the story.” Turning her attention from Asuke to the rest of the people present, Mikomi continued with her confession. “I am the only other full-blooded Saiyan alive in the universe, at least according to our records.”
 
Everyone was silent as this revelation sank into their heads. Was it true? Had they come across yet another Saiyan? If she was a Saiyan, why had she not destroyed Planet Muse and then attempted to do the same to Earth as all the past Saiyan visitors had tried.
 
Vegeta was the first to speak with the deepest of thoughtful frowns. “Mikomi? That doesn't sound like a Saiyan name.”
 
“It's not,” Mikomi agreed. “It's my Musian name. It means `hope' because if Frieza ever came, I was their last hope, their last line of defense. Shortly before he died, my caretaker, Okara, told me who and what I am.” Adding all due pomp and dignity, Mikomi continued, “I am Princess Vegeta.”
 
“Princess Vegeta?” Bulma questioned before starting to put the implications of what Mikomi had just said together in her mind. “That means… you're Vegeta's sister!”
 
Completely ignoring the vocalized association of herself to Vegeta, Mikomi continued her story. “I don't know how, but I somehow survived my home world's destruction and have been living with Asuke's people since. They were kind enough to take me in when I was a refugee.”
 
Shaking his head, the elder Trunks commented, “This is too weird.”
 
“You mean, now we have to deal with two Vegetas?!?” Krillin sounded more than a little worried.
 
Shooting Krillin a menacing glare, Vegeta loudly proclaimed, “No! Because she is not my sister!” Anger evident, he rose to make a hasty exit.
 
Mikomi, overcome with anger herself, her eyes flashing, stood and countered, her personality as forceful as Vegeta's when affronted. “I didn't ask for this anymore than you did, but you will not turn your back on me after I have spent so long looking for someone like me! All I know is, I am the youngest child of the king and queen of Planet Vegeta! If that makes me your sister, then so be it! I am glad to have found you, the last member of my race and possibly my family!” No one present could deny the girl possessed the courage and rage of a Saiyan warrior.
 
Vegeta paused in his escape at her words. After pondering them for a moment, he slowly turned around with and undecipherable look gracing his facial features. Slowly he spoke his words thoughtful, “Welcome to Earth.” Eyeing Mikomi he asked, “Okara was your mentor?”
 
Blinking curiously, Princess Vegeta replied, “Yes, he was. Why do you ask?”
 
“Okara,” Prince Vegeta paused for a moment in memory before continuing, “Okara was my caretaker when I was a child as well, in the days before Frieza.” Then an unusual expression began to grow on the prince's face, one everyone at the table had trouble recognizing, a sincere smile instead of his usual cocky smirk, though small it was.
 
Mikomi's features softened as well as she gazed at her newly found brother. “Thank you,” were the only words she spoke before springing over the table which had separated the two so far and enthusiastically embraced Vegeta.
 
His face turning back to a more typical frown, Vegeta barked, though not as harshly as one might expect, “Okay, that's enough of that.” When Mikomi did not immediately release him, he continued more forcefully, “Get off me, baka!”
 
When she finally released the near fuming prince, Mikomi was beaming.
 
Without even looking toward Bulma, Vegeta questioned, “How long do you think it will take to clear out that extra room?”
 
Lifting a brow, wondering exactly what her husband was planning, Bulma replied, “A few minutes. Why?”
 
Looking at Mikomi the entire time, Vegeta answered Bulma, “We have a new family member.”
 
Satisfied no one was going to die, everyone present went back to enjoying their meal and getting to know one another better.
 
Later that day, after everyone had eaten their fill, the two newest aliens, along with those under the age of twenty-five, all took to the great outdoors in search of fun to pass the rest of the afternoon.
 
Watching Goten and Chibi Trunks chasing Tiger, who was coincidently not enjoying being chased, Mikomi commented to the older “kids” nearby. “You know, it's really weird to be here with others like me. I had always hoped that somewhere out there were other Saiyans, but to have found them is a completely different thing.”
 
Mirai Trunks could not help the sarcastic chuckle that escaped his lips along with the sarcastic response of, “You think you've got it weird? Get this, that little kid over there isn't my relative. He's me!”
 
“No way!” came Asuke's automatic response.
 
“Oh yeah,” Gohan reassured her with far too much calmness about such a very strange situation. Poor guy had seen far too much in his short life.
 
“How can that be?!?” Mikomi asked the question foremost on both she and Asuke's minds.
 
Mirai shrugged. “I have a time machine.”
 
“That's impossible!” Asuke exclaimed. “Even we Musians haven't been able to create a device capable of time travel!”
 
Mirai shrugged nonchalantly once again. “Well, I've got one. My mother made it back home in my timeline.”
 
Asuke smiled in return. “You simply must show it to me one day. I have never seen such a marvel before.”
 
Smiling back, Mirai answered, “No problem.”
 
“So, Mikomi, do you plan on enrolling in school?” Gohan questioned curiously.
 
Mikomi looked thoughtful for a moment. “I thought I might. A school would be an ideal place to learn more about your planet. Why do you ask? Do you have any suggestions as to where I should go?”
 
“Well,” Gohan explained, “I just enrolled in the Orange Star High School in Satan City.
 
“Do you think we could study together so I'll be caught up with the classes?” Mikomi asked bashfully, her cheeks blushing a very light shade of rose.
 
“Ah…sure. No problem,” Gohan answered unsurely. Something about the way she had requested his help sent a tingling feeling down his spine.
 
Wondering what Mikomi was up to, Asuke leaned over and whispered close to her partner's ear, “You don't need to study. You know more about math and science than this planet's graduate students. I don't even know why you're so interested in attending their schools to begin with.”
 
Mikomi began her answer in an equal whisper. “I know, but he's half Saiyan, so I'd be learning about my heritage. Plus, at least one of us needs to learn about this planet and its people.” Grinning mischievously to herself, Mikomi finished her explanation, “Besides, he's kinda cute.”
 
“Uggh!” was Asuke's first reaction. “I should have known.”
 
Overhearing what the girls were saying once Asuke had begun speaking aloud once again, Mirai asked curiously, “Known what?”
 
Blushing very lightly, Mikomi smiled at Mirai Trunks. “Nothing. Never mind.” She turned her voice back to a mere whisper. “Keep it down, would ya?”
 
With a sheepish look, Asuke nodded ever so slightly. “Sorry.”
 
By this time, Bulma had finished helping Chi-Chi with cleaning everything her guests had dirtied, mostly dishes, and was preparing to leave. Glancing at the group not too far from the Son home, she called out, “Trunks, Mikomi, it's time to go!”
 
“Okay, Mom! Be there in a minute!” Chibi Trunks called out, still playing chase but edging it more and more in his mother's general direction as the young adults drug themselves from the grass and began making their way to the helicopter.
 
Blinking, Mikomi realized one huge gap in their plans. “Um, Asuke, where are you going to stay?”
 
“I don't know.” Asuke shrugged. “I hadn't really thought about it yet.”
 
Chi-Chi gave the answer since everyone was now close enough to hold conversations. “I have an idea. You see all this land? It's ours and there's no one else for miles. You could park your spaceship over there and live in it so you'd have some privacy,” Chi-Chi pointed to the perfect clearing for just such an arrangement. “I'll let you know when the food's ready, and you're welcome at the house any time,” smiled the ever-gracious hostess.
 
Nodding, Asuke agreed. “Sounds good to me.”
 
From within the chopper, Vegeta called out to Bulma. “Will those brats hurry?! I have a long day of training ahead of me tomorrow to make up for today's lack of progress.”
 
Bulma simply rolled her eyes and muttered under her breath, “Don't you always?” She raised her voice to call back to Vegeta, “Just chill! They're almost ready!” With a sigh, she gave Chi-Chi a good-bye hug and climbed into the vehicle.
 
With a small smile, Mikomi looked to Asuke. “I'm going to miss you, Asuke.”
 
“Yeah, yeah.” Asuke chuckled. “I'll miss you, too. Now get lost before your brother changes his mind and makes me put up with you even more.”
 
Looking around, Mikomi noticed everyone but she was in the helicopter. “I suppose you're right.” She sighed just before a panicked expression crossed her face. “Eek! I almost forgot my stuff!” Without another word, she turned and raced back to the Musian ship to retrieve her bags, returning moments later with a huge stack of bags and her pet, placing both them and herself into the chopper to depart for her new temporary home.
 
“It's about time,” Vegeta grumbled, as usual. “Can we go yet?” Vegeta's irritation was more than evident.
 
Smiling brightly, Bulma nodded. “Sure thing!” she called as the blades began to spin, lifting their mass from the ground.
 
Looking out the window, watching her partner growing smaller and smaller by the moment, Mikomi simply waved as she left yet another segment of her life and embarked on what might prove to be the most exciting yet.
 
A/N: Wow! That was a pretty long chapter! So, do you like my little story so far? What about the style in which it is written? You know, I'm still not hearing you. Oh wait! That's what reviews are for! Peace and Out!