Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Sister Saga Revised ❯ Day One ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I haven't been able to find enough money to buy DBZ, yet. Therefore, I currently do not own DBZ and none of my ideas will ever make me any money.
 
A/N: It certainly has been a while since I last updated. It has taken me much longer than anticipated to rewrite certain chapters and even longer to edit others. I am currently without the aide of a beta-reader. To make a long story short, that means my writing has been slowed down considerably, and I am relying on you, my readers, to let me know if my story is making sense. Anyway, enjoy the newest chapter!
 
Early morning at Capsule Corps: the sun was shining, birds were chirping, Bulma was busy in her laboratory, Vegeta had drug his son - both versions of him - into the gravity room while Mikomi snored away to dreams of Earth, her newly found family and the Sons, well, mostly Gohan anyway.
 
As Mikomi exhaled from a particularly loud snore one of Vegeta's strong ki blasts hit the wall, having just missed Mirai's head, and roused her from her sleep. With a groan, Mikomi whined, “What time is it?“ Blinking as she lifted her head to look out her nearby window to see the sun just beginning to peak over the horizon surrounded by the bright yellow and red hues sunrise brings. “It's too early!” She quickly slammed her head back onto the bed, pulling her pillow over her to block the newborn light.
 
Once again, another large ki blast exploded against the gravity room wall, keeping the princess from sleeping. “Shut it up!!!” was her only reply to the annoyance, refusing to leave the confines of her quilted cave again.
 
As her luck would have it, Mikomi was aroused yet again by the sounds of Vegeta and his sons' training, forcing her, in her mind at least, to respond. “That's it!!!” was her verbal response as she threw her covers off and began marching toward the gravity room while still in her rather revealing night gown.
 
Hearing the stomping coming down the hall outside her lab, Bulma looked up in time to see Mikomi pass. “Good morning, Mikomi,” the blue-haired scientist called pleasantly, receiving only a growl in response as the girl passed as quickly and angrily as a twister.
 
Once in front of the gravity room's door, the irritated Saiyan woman threw open the door, nearly ripping it from it's hinges and properly addressed Vegeta with a scream. “What in the HFIL are you doing?!?!?”
 
Pausing in his training, Vegeta turned to face his sister and replied nonchalantly, “Training.”
 
“At seven in the morning?!” Such was apparently a foreign concept to the young woman. “Some people around here like to enjoy their beauty sleep!!!”
 
After giving each other a knowing look, both Trunkses decided the situation was shaping up to be something they did not want a part in. Besides, what could a little snack hurt while the siblings had a face-off? Sneaking out the door, they headed straight for the kitchen to fill their bellies.
 
“Saiyans are warriors, not models,” Vegeta simply sneered. “You should be training, not sleeping your life away.” Such had always been the prince's belief.
 
“You know, just because you look like death warmed over, doesn't mean I have to! I can train, be a warrior and be beautiful all at the same time!” Mikomi threw back almost without thinking.
 
“Maybe you can sleep and be a model,” Vegeta taunted, “but you'll never be a real warrior.”
 
Mikomi's eyes narrowed as her body tensed in response to Vegeta's thinly veiled challenge. “I am a warrior,” her voice was low with more than a trace of arrogance.
 
Vegeta's trademark smirk covered his face as he answered his little sister with the blunt challenge everyone knew their exchange was leading toward. “Then you won't mind fighting me.”
 
“No, I won't mind at all,” Mikomi's face gained an almost identical smirk of her own as she dropped into the fighting stance Okara had taught her from her earliest memories.
 
Matching her posture, Vegeta took the offensive and rushed the younger warrior just as Bulma, Mirai, Chibi and Tiger came to investigate the situation, watching as the two full-bloods exchange punches and kicks, remaining completely even for several minutes until Mikomi suddenly gripped her left hand's fingers with her right hand, letting out a sharp cry of pain.
 
“Ouch!!! That hurts!” Mikomi exclaimed loudly with a pained expression less than gracing her features.
 
Vegeta gave a leering snort at the girl's actions. “What happened? Did you break a nail?” he asked with more than a touch of condensation.
 
Sniffling, Mikomi frowned. “As a matter of fact, yes!”
 
Laughing smugly, Vegeta shook his head at his opponent's weakness and turned to seek out a towel on the floor to wipe the sweat from his face.
 
As soon as Vegeta's back was turned, Mikomi released her fingers and an evil grin spread across her face as she hit Vegeta squarely in the back of his head with a high spinning sidekick, sending the unsuspecting prince flying into the facing wall.
 
It took almost a full three seconds for the situation to sink into Vegeta's head and he pulled himself off the wall, spinning to face the culprit responsible for the throbbing in the back of his head. “You- You tricked me!”
 
Mikomi could not conceal her pride, showing through in her smirk. She was obviously pleased with herself. “I sure did, didn't I?”
 
“You will pay for that!” the enraged prince bellowed as he prepared to go on the offensive yet again, planning to do everything short of murdering the girl, his sister. She would pay for her trickery.
 
Seeing how the situation was shaping up, Bulma decided to end the fighting, pushing Mirai in between the royal Vegetas. The oldest living Saiyan was startled enough to stop short of his attack to face this newest threat.
 
“Get out of the way, son! I'm going to teach her a lesson!” came the regal command.
 
At that moment, Bulma decided to intervene. “Vegeta! You just calm down and stop this childish nonsense!” Hands on her hips, Bulma advanced on her husband. “Why don't you go out for a while until you've chilled out? I can't afford the time to fix this room again if you damage it over something as petty as this fight. If it gets broken, it'll just have to stay broken.”
 
After sizing Bulma up, trying to decide whether or not she was serious, Vegeta growled his response, “Fine. I'm going out,” and left the room in his wife's control. Not even the Prince of all Saiyans crossed Bulma. She knew how to play hardball and had never lost a round yet.
 
“Well, I'm going back to bed,” Mikomi declared, the smirk on her face proving she believed in her own victory. Little did she know, if Vegeta had not won against Bulma, neither was she. The little Saiyan princess would learn soon enough.
 
“No, you're not,” Bulma smiled, and while her smile was not unkind, there was a certain threat contained therein almost akin to a grinning wolf.
 
“What?!?” Who would dare tell Mikomi no?
 
Widening her malicious smile, Bulma pointed to the hole created by Vegeta's head slamming into the wall of the gravity room. “You have some cleaning to do,” she spoke with the authority of someone whose word was not to be gone against.
 
“Uh!” Mikomi began whining her case in the manner of a spoilt child. “But he started it!”
 
“I don't care.” Bulma shrugged. “You're going to clean up this mess,” her tone announcing the end of the argument.
 
Realizing this was not a battle she would win, Mikomi gave in with a sigh, though she did not spare Bulma an angry glare. “Fine, whatever.”
 
Nodding her approval, Bulma pointed. “The cleaning supplies are in the closet down the hall. If you need any help, ask one of the boys, not me. I'll be busy.” With one last glance around, Bulma left the room, confident her wishes would be carried out completely.
 
As Mikomi glared at the doorway Bulma had used to make her exit, Mirai spoke up with a smile. “Here, I'll help.”
 
Mikomi could barely contain her own smile. “Thanks.” Then Vegeta returned to her thoughts. “Oooo. That makes me so angry! He started this by interrupting my sleep. Then he goes flying while I clean! It's not fair!” she ended with small foot stomp.
 
“Yeah, I guess not,” Mirai agreed as he took the broom and dustpan Chibi offered before the young boy dashed away lest he be put to work as well, “but it was funny how you tricked him. To be honest, I'm surprised you were able to hold your own against him.”
 
“Oh, that isn't anything,” Mikomi shrugged before taking the dustpan Mirai offered and crouching to gather the plaster he was sweeping for her. Ki-less, hand-to-hand combat had always been Mikomi's strong suit, even as a child.
 
Mirai nodded. “Just be more careful though. He is a very powerful warrior with a lifetime of fighting experience,” Mirai cautioned.
 
“Oh, I'm not worried about him,” Mikomi snorted before adding in her most sarcastic tone, “Besides, it's not like he's the legendary Super Saiyan or anything.”
 
Lifting a brow, Mirai thought out his reply for a moment before opting for the simple truth. “Well, actually, he is.”
 
The dustpan dropped from Mikomi's hand halfway to the trash as shock rocked her world. “What?!? Super Saiyans are just a legend!” Mirai just had to be kidding!
 
“Well, not anymore,” Mirai smiled a little before continuing his explanation. “Goku was the first. His example taught Dad, and Gohan picked up after that. Goten and the younger me just accidentally transformed very young. And I was taught by the Gohan of my own timeline. Trust me, Super Saiyans are real.”
 
Completely speechless, Mikomi finally managed to stutter, “Wow-…that's amazing!”
 
Lifting a brow curiously, Mirai questioned his aunt. “You can't transform?”
 
Mikomi sighed, her shoulders slumping, sulking. “No. I never dreamt I could become powerful enough to transform into the legend, but it seems here that everyone is a Super Saiyan.”
 
“Well, don't worry.” Mirai gave her an award-winning smile. “Gohan or I one will teach you. Okay?”
 
The princess's mood lifted immediately, becoming hopeful. “Sure! That sounds wonderful!” she smiled happily as she thought of Gohan, and a question came to mind and her lips before she could check them. “Speaking of Gohan, does he have a girlfriend?”
 
“Huh?” Mirai lifted a brow at the sudden change of topic.
 
“A steady girlfriend,” Mikomi replied as she tried to hide her blush by concentrating on the debris still on the floor.
 
“Not really,” Mirai answered hesitantly. “Why?”
 
“Oh, just wondering.” Mikomi struggled to answer coolly all the while smiling mischievously to herself.
 
“Well, that's it,” Mirai commented as he dusted his hands, having just finished helping Mikomi with the mess as she turned to dump the last dustpan full of garbage into the trash can.
 
“Well, thanks again,” Mikomi smiled sincerely as she rose to her feet. “Oh, and don't let Vegeta know you're helping me train.” The mischievous sparkle returned to Mikomi's eyes.
 
“Why?”
 
Mikomi grinned. “Because if I can match him blow for blow now, I ought to do even better with the help, and I want to surprise him into an early heart attack.” With that, she turned toward the door to leave.
 
Unable to help himself, being Vegeta's son after all, Mirai smirked broadly. “By the way, I'm sure Gohan will be sorry he missed your cute outfit.” It didn't take a PhD in psychology to know she had a huge crush on the eldest Son boy.
 
Freezing, Mikomi quickly realized what she was wearing and blushed brightly as she turned to respond. “Oops. You know, maybe I should get dressed first next time. Oh well.” She shrugged lightly. “Good…night, or should that be day? Oh, I don't know, but whatever. I'm going to bed.” And without waiting for a response, the princess headed straight for the comfort only to be found between two sheets and with the curtains drawn tight against the sun.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Frowning at her latest invention, which still was not working properly, Bulma began to think about what she was going to have her bots make for lunch. Her family would be hungry within an hour no matter how much she did not want to think about it. Inventions, not food, was the genius's strong suit. Maybe if she continued to work something would come to mind.
 
After Vegeta had left, Chibi Trunks had taken his leave of fighting and training and had instead turned his attention to a much more serious task, playing with his toys. After having to train with Vegeta, the tyke had defiantly earned some serious playtime and he was determined to enjoy that time before his father decided to drag him back into the accursed gravity room.
 
Mirai Trunks on the other hand had used Vegeta's absence to work on his own fighting skills. While Vegeta was a great fighter and did help his son to improve, there were times Mirai wished he could focus on his own style of training taught to him by Gohan. Trunks knew combining both the prince's and the Sons' styles would make him a formidable opponent.
 
As Mirai was going through one of Kami's katas, taught to him by his mentor Mirai Gohan, Vegeta returned from his morning flight, still in a most dour mood.
 
Once through the kata, Mirai, breathing hard, smiled at his father. “Hey Dad. I think I'm going to take a break for a while, okay?”
 
As expected, Vegeta frowned deeply, his tone condescending. “If you don't keep training hard, you'll end up as weak as Gohan!”
 
“I know,” Trunks nodded. “But I need to take a break to clear my head. I plan on training more this evening.”
 
“Fine,” came Vegeta's snort, his only reply. The prince's displeasure was obvious.
 
Without giving Vegeta another thought, Mirai Trunks left the gravity room and headed straight to his room for clean clothing to put on after a shower, which he enjoyed with every fiber of his being, heading down to visit with his mother once he had finished, dressed and run a comb through his lavender locks.
 
“Hey, Mom.” Mirai smiled his greeting. “I'm going to Gohan's. Okay?”
 
Glancing up, Bulma nodded. “Sure, as long as you take Chibi with you.” She went back to her invention, lifting a screwdriver before adding in her last thought, “Oh, and you might want to see if you aunt wants to go, too.”
 
“Thanks, Mom.” Mirai Trunks smiled brightly and left his mother of this timeline to continue her work. In the hall, he called, “Chibi!!!”
 
It only took Mirai's younger, other timeline version a moment to appear. “Yeah? What d' ya want?”
 
“We're going to Goten's,” Mirai simply informed his younger self. It wasn't like Chibi was going to argue about getting to spend time with his best friend in the world and eating Chi-Chi's cooking instead of the recipes programmed into Bulma's bots.
 
As expected, Chibi Trunks showed his enthusiasm with a spirited, “Great!”
 
“Alright. Now, you just wait here while I take care of something and then we'll go,” Mirai directed, and after receiving a nod of acceptance from Chibi, he headed toward his newly found aunt's bedroom door, giving it a gentle knock.
 
“What?” came the slightly gruff answer from inside the room.
 
“Did I wake you?” Mirai asked politely with a hint of an apology.
 
“Naw,” Mikomi answered. “Come on in.”
 
Opening the door, Mirai saw Mikomi sitting on her bed, still in her nightgown, reading a book - Emily Post's Etiquette - she had borrowed from Bulma to aid in her education of planet Earth. “Chibi and I are going to see Gohan and Goten,” Mirai informed the princess. “You want to come?”
 
Nodding, Mikomi replied, “Sure. Just let me get dressed.” She rose to clothe herself.
 
“Okay,” Mirai agreed then thought. “Uh, you do know how to fly, right?”
 
“Of course!” Mikomi almost sounded offended before softening her tone to add, “Okara taught me.”
 
“Alright.” Mirai flashed Mikomi an award winning smile and exited the room so his aunt could make herself decent.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
 
“Would you settle down?” Asuke frowned deeply, pencil in hand, mulling over the intricacies of the calculus equation in front of her. Fortunately, Asuke rather enjoyed mathematics. The fact certainly made her job as a scientist and inventor much more enjoyable.
 
In response to Asuke's request, Goten replaced two knickknacks he had found sitting on a shelf in the ship. “Sorry,” he apologized cutely. “Your stuff is really cool, kinda like Bulma's.”
 
“Thanks.” Asuke finally looked up from her work. “Now, why don't you-” she froze as she saw the boy reaching for yet another instrument, “Get out of here!!!”
 
Quickly replacing the object, Goten showed he had at least inherited something from Chi-Chi - intelligence Goku had certainly never shown - and quickly made his escape before Asuke turned into his mother and decided to discipline him for his transgressions, in the scariest of ways.
 
“Kids,” Asuke muttered with a sigh, rolling he eyes all the way back to her work. “Funny. I almost miss Mikomi's antagonism.”
 
Goten peeked out of his hiding place and seeing Asuke busy at work again, began to sneak toward the door and complete freedom.
 
“And where do you think you're going?” Asuke asked without looking up from her paper.
 
“Outside.” Goten smiled. “Chibi Trunks is on his way here.”
 
“Oh?” Asuke asked. How could the boy know that? Did humans have some sort of psychotic link with one another? Then again, maybe Saiyans did. Just because Mikomi and Okara had never shown the abilities didn't mean much. No one had ever spent much time studying them, too afraid for the most part to disrupt the two's training. “Are Mikomi and Mirai Trunks coming, too?” Asuke was most definitely intrigued.
 
Goten frowned in thought for a moment before answering. “Yeah, I think so.” And with that, the boy ran out the door. Unfortunately, Goten wasn't the most graceful of people and misjudged the distance between himself and about half of Asuke's lab on the way out the door.
 
Flying high in the air, Mikomi and her two demi-Saiyan prince-lings winced as they heard an ear piercing scream from below. “Goten!!!! I'm going to kill you!!!” Asuke was not pleased.
 
A moment later, Goten was spotted running away from the space craft as fast as his little legs could carry him toward his friends and who he hoped would also act as his saviors. Curious, the groups set down to inquire about the scream.
 
Mirai was the first to speak, asking with a sigh and the patience of a saint, “What did you do now?”
 
“Nothing! Honest!” Goten's eyes were wide in fright and he was breathing heavily from the adrenaline coursing through his veins. “I was just looking at Asuke's stuff! That's all!”
 
“Did you break anything?” Chibi Trunks asked with a lifted brow before the group began walking toward the igloo-like house before them. He did know his best friend quite well after all.
 
Scratching his head, Goten thought back to the events from within the spaceship. “I don't think so,” was the best answer he could find.
 
“From the sound of it, you must have,” Mikomi finally spoke as the group neared the house.
 
Gohan met them, standing near the front door. “Goten, what did you do this time?” he questioned his younger brother.
 
“I don't know!” Goten exclaimed yet again.
 
“Well, I wouldn't worry about it,” Chibi shrugged, “Because I think we're about to find out.” He nodded his head toward the spaceship Goten had so hastily exited.
 
Glancing in the direction of Chibi's nod, the group spied Asuke landing close to them, a scowl on her face that would have made Vegeta proud. Once on the ground, scowl still in its rightful place, Asuke took a deep breath and lunged for Goten, intent on killing the tyke.
 
Seeing what was going on and being the closest to her Musian partner, Mikomi stepped directly into Asuke's path and smiled innocently. “So, how are you enjoying yourself here in the country?” she asked as if nothing else had happened.
 
“Well,” Asuke began, “I was quite content until that little brat destroyed my lab!” She gave Goten, who was cowering behind Gohan's leg, an evil glare.
 
Mikomi continued to smile. “I'm sure he didn't mean it. He seems to be an awfully sweet a child to go around randomly destroying people's property with malicious intent. You know his mother would kill him, besides. We haven`t been here that long and don`t know most of this world`s customs yet, but even I caught on to that much.”
 
Asuke couldn't help her snort at Mikomi's words before she joined in their earlier conversation. “So, how have you been?”
 
Mikomi simply shrugged. “Other than a huge fight with my brother, okay.”
 
Seeing their chance, Chibi and Goten quickly made a dash for safety before Asuke could turn her attention back to the youngest Son.
 
“Well,” Mirai smiled rather shyly at Asuke. “I seem to be getting good at cleaning up messes today. I could help you clean up your lab if you like,” he offered sweetly.
 
After taking a moment to study Mirai to determine if he was serious or not, Asuke nodded her acceptance of his offer. “I guess so.” She turned her attention to the only other female in their little gathering. “Mikomi?”
 
Smiling, Mikomi answered. “Don't worry about me. Gohan and I have some studying to do before Monday so I won't stick out too badly among all the humans.”
 
With an acknowledging nod from Asuke and smiles all around, the group split into two with Mirai and Asuke heading toward the alien ship to begin their cleaning and Mikomi and Gohan heading into the house to study.
 
A/N: So, what did you think? Did everything make sense? Is the plot developing nicely? Yes? No? Let me know! Review!!!!