Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The World Still Goes Round ❯ Dealings with the Devil's Lackey ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"MR. GOHAN WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!"

Gohan opened both eyes slowly and sat up lazily, "Yes Mr. Coup?" he said annoyed, I could kill this guy without lifting a finger. He's lucky, SO lucky that I live with a control freak mom. he thought.

Mr. Coup the very rounded balding physics teacher walked up to the half saiyan and glared, "Mr. Gohan. Do you know what the answer to that question on the board?!" he pointed to the board where this question with a huge number of numbers were scattered.

Gohan merely glanced at it, "666. Otherwise known as the devil's number." He yawned. He learned all of this 7 years ago, the only reason he continued going to school was because he wouldn't be subject to non-stop studying.

The physics teacher blinked, "That is . . . . . correct." He sounded very surprised.

"Can I go now? I've answered the da-" the halfling struggled not to use any profanity, " the question, which took some guy 8 years to answer." Gohan growled. He glared intensely and menacingly at the teacher.

"Go. . . go right ahead." Mr. Coup stuttered, the class stared, Mr. Coup NEVER stuttered.

The halfling smirked, "Good." He got up, took all his stuff and walked out with the rest of the class staring.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

"You're late - again. Though that isn't a surprise." Vegeta grunted. He was draped in a hooded cloak, his face was hidden in the shadows.

Gohan raised an eyebrow when he walked over to the tree where the saiyan prince was standing arms crossed, "What? I actually had to scare the physics teacher just to get out early. And what's with the goth look?"

Vegeta rolled his eyes though Gohan couldn't see, "I'm not trying to look goth. I'm not even supposed to be here. If the woman even suspects I'm not in the GR right now. . . . . . I don't even want to think about it."

"Well she should suspect you aren't in there. After all when you spar you make a lot of noise. By the way how come you aren't supposed to be here?"

"I paid and blackmailed my brat to do some sparring in the GR and make it sound as if I'm in there, and also to stop the woman from suspecting that I'm gone. And you don't want to know." The saiyan prince said the last sentence with a heavy acidity. "Last but not least I called you over here because I've helped you with your little girl problem more than I should have. I want my payment in a year."

The halfling swallowed the lump in his throat, "So what do you want in a year? All the money I'll make in a year? To be your slave for a year?"

Vegeta scoffed, "Don't be stupid! Why the hell would I need bits and pieces of paper and metal? And as for you being my slave, no way. I already told you I want a year of your life, but I'll take it off the end - that way you won't miss it." he said with a smirk.

Okay I knew Vegeta was strange but this is just too weird, even for him. What does he mean a year of my life? Gohan blinked in confusion, "Okay Vegeta. If that's what you want. Do you always ask for a year of someone's life when you help them? And what are you going to do with that year? And how does it work?"

The prince chuckled, "No, actually. This is something new I've learned, I learned it from this book that belonged to my mother. She was gypsy, a witch you earthlings would call her. I see you don't believe me. Anyway I can take your one year and stretch it into ten years for me. As for you last question, give me your right hand and I'll show you . . . . ."

Gohan reluctantly gave his hand over to the seemingly demented saiyan. Vegeta traced his left middle finger over the halfling's life line on his right palm. Gohan suddenly grabbed his chest and sunk to his knees, he felt searing pain he longed to scream but found he couldn't. The half saiyan suddenly felt fine as Vegeta let go of his hand. "What the hell did you do?" Gohan gasped.

Vegeta turned to leave, "I already told you! I took a year of your life. And when you come to see me in 1 week bring two rutabagas, a bag of pig's blood, 5 rotten eggs, 3 live tarantulas, a snake's brain, a cup of camel's spit and 10 dates. Oh and by the way your dad's gonna be here in a week or so." Then he was gone.

Gohan got up and staggered a bit, he clutched his head. "Ow. Man, that's the last time I make any deals with the devil's lackey." He groaned then stood up straight the full meaning of Vegeta's words hit him like a ton of bricks, "Dad. . . dad. . . he's. . . . . he's. . . . coming home. . . ." He smiled and jumped up and did a flip. He fazed to the roof and when he sure no one was watching he transformed into 'The Great Saiyaman' (*rolls eyes*) and flew home.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

"Mom! I'm home!" Gohan shouted as he walked through the door of his home.

"I'm in the kitchen Gohan!" His mom shouted, from the kitchen (DUH!)

"Mom! I have great news!!!" he said as he rushed into the kitchen. He jumped up and down excitedly, "Mom! Mom! Mom! Guess what?! Guess what?! Dad's coming home! DAD'S COMING HOOOOOOOME!!!!!!!!!!"

Chi Chi continued stirring a pot of soup as if it didn't mater much, "I know Gohan."

Gohan stopped in mid jumped and fell down as a result, "You do?" he rubbed his head where he fell.

"Yes Gohan." Chi Chi took a sip of the soup, "I've known for a long time. He'll be here in a week or so. And I'm sure you're wondering how I know, so let's just say that I have a very reliable source." She took some spices from a cabinet and put some in the pot, "By the way why are you home so early?"

"Oh. The teacher let us go early today. Something about his wife having a baby." Gohan lied. He found it was easy to lie to his gullible trusting mom.

"Hi Gohan!!" Goten said jumping onto his brother's back, "Guess what?! Me an' Nimbus an' Icarus found this really neato place, about half a mile to the east of the geysers, and its a hot spring!! You should go there! Its really really hot! And you should bathe too - you stink!!!" Goku's mini me laughed.

"Oh really!" Gohan said pretending to be insulted. He grabbed his younger brother and noogied him hard.

"OW!!! Come one Gohan! It was just a joke!!!" Goten said trying to get out of the headlock.

"Stop it you two. Gohan, Goten is right you do need a bath. Maybe you should go to that spring." Chi Chi said waving her wooden spoon at the two little boys.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

Gohan walked into the blazing heat around him, "Whew! Goten was right when he said it was really really hot." He looked for a nice spot to take a swim in. He found a medium sized pond shaped pool, he threw his clothes aside and jumped in. "Ahhhhh. . . This is very relaxing." Gohan sighed closing his eyes.

The demi-saiyan sighed a smile placed across his lips until someone screamed, Gohan's eyes snapped open only to find Piccolo with her face redder than a tomato's. They were both speechless and just stared at each other blushing profusely. Finally the namekian female turned around back to the halfling and spoke slowly, "Gohan. I'm going to count to 20. By then you will be gone and you've erased what just happened from your memory. 1. . . .2. . . .3. . . ."

Gohan hopped out of the water and threw on his clothes quickly. He hesitated a bit. But his unreleashed demonic side was winning over his kind nice exposed angel side. He gulped. Piccolo was only on 15 and he didn't have a whole lot of time so he dove into the water and kissed her on the cheek before flying away fast as hell. I am SO dead.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

Please Go To Your Local Library And Read This Book:

Curses, Inc. And Other Stories By: Vivian Vande Velde