Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Therapy ❯ Bulma and Vegeta ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Well, I'm too young and too broke to purchase lottery tickets, so there's not way I could have enough money to own DBZ, or YuYu Hakusho either for that matter. I also don't own Nintendo or any of its game titles, the holiday of Halloween, Aleve, or MTV or any of their shows or television personalities including musical artists. Oh, I forgot to mention, I don't own Disney or any of their characters. I just named my tiger after Disney's because it was my favorite movie at the time. (Is this the longest disclaimer in history or what?)

A/N: This story was originally posted at fanfiction.net, but since the site's gone bananas, I've put it up here, too. When I was writing this chapter, my heart was in a Piccolo one, but I had multiple reviewers ask for a Vegeta chapter, so I wrote this. I hope you enjoy!

*******

Okay kiddies, I was cleaning my room the other day and I found some interesting stuff. I mean, I found some poetry I had written and then lost, two pairs of earrings, candy from Halloween two years ago (I gave it to my brothers!), Tetris, and a notebook full of writing.

When I opened the notebook, I found it was filled with notes on the sessions I had held with a particularly difficult patient.

As I read the notes and recalled those sessions, I realized there are probably people in this world demented enough to call things like this entertainment, so I think I'll share a session from the first notebook, of many, I found.

*******

Let's see, I was on the phone with Teasha, my therapist, that day. We had started out talking about a fight I had started with a jock from my school, but as always, the subject had worked its way to anime.

"I'm glad you like that movie, but I must have it back, now!" Teasha was getting desperate.

"Why? I love it and you've been taping the episodes off the TV, so you have a lot to watch anyway. Why must you take away the love of my life?!?" I was almost to tears thinking about the sacrifice I was going to hate making in order to save our friendship. It's a well-known rule that if you borrow something from a friend, you must promptly return it when they ask for it, or they have to right to NEVER let you borrow anything again!

"Kurama isn't the love of your life! He's mine! You're obsessed with those two Saiyans, remember?!?"

"Oh yeah, now I remember. Ah, Goku and Vegeta..." At this point in time, Gohan was a kid and Trunks was even younger, but I did remember meeting the Mirai version...

Unfortunately I was brought back to reality by Teasha's whining, "So give it back!"

I was just about to tell her where she and her anime fanaticism could go and what they could do while there, when I heard a car door slam outside my window. (My room is right next to the driveway.) It was followed by another door, and a high-pitched voice yelling, "You can't get away from me that easily!"

"Teasha, I'll bring the Kami forsaken tape to you tomorrow. I have company," I told her right before hanging up.

As I quickly changed from my pjs into some real clothes, I heard footsteps coming down the hall and that high-pitched voice still squawking, griping, and nagging. I was zipping my jeans and looking around for my brush when the door to my room flew open and in stepped two of my patients, Bulma and Vegeta.

"Woman, will you tell my woman to stop shouting and just shut up?!?" Vegeta says as soon as the door is open.

"For the last time, my name is Bulma, not WOMAN!!!" Bulma roars, following Vegeta into the room. They both stand there looking at me wearing a holey t-shirt, some stained Mudd jeans, and putting my hair up with a claw since I obviously didn't have time to brush it.

"Okay, first of all, I'm not a marriage counselor and my name is Mar, I refuse to answer to Woman. You can call me hippiechick, Mar, or Miss Vaughan, but NEVER Woman. Secondly, I'm not here to tell people what to do, I just make suggestions. My patients follow my suggestions at their own discretion."

I turned to look at Bulma. "And you know good and well that I don't take walk-ins. I have a life you know. This counseling thing is just a hobby and I arrange my appointments around my schedule, so NO walk-ins. Call first."

"Look, I'm sorry, but we really need you and there wasn't enough time to call first. Please help!" Bulma pleaded. She was very upset, poor thing.

I looked them both in the eyes and finally conceded. "It's Friday and I don't have anything planned, so I guess I could spare the time and try to help ya'll."

Bulma looked at me with grateful eyes and then looked hopefully at Vegeta who was still staring, well glaring actually, straight ahead.

"I didn't want to come here to begin with. The Woman," Vegeta started before I cut him off by clearing my throat in warning, "I mean, Bulma, made me. She said we needed help since all we do it fight. I told her fighting was in a Saiyan's blood and then she went off."

"I did not!" Bulma cut him off.

"You most certainly did," he retorted.

They were off and I was getting a migraine. I let them argue for a minute, hoping I might get an idea on how to help them. Unfortunately, nothing came to mind, not that that is very unusual. Finally I had taken all I could of their yelling.

"SHUT THE *CENSORED* UP!!!!!!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs to be heard over their squabbling.

They both stopped yelling and turned to stare at me. Bulma's face was a mask of shock while Vegeta's was one of both anger and relief. I decided to continue with, "Okay, now that I have your attention, I'll tell you what your problem is, each other."

"You brought me all the way here for this genius to tell me something that I already knew?!?" Vegeta started in.

"If you would shut up, I would explain exactly what I meant by that," I answered angrily. Vegeta seemed to give in and listened to my explanation. "Both of you like to argue and neither of you will listen to the other. Nor will you ever give in."

"I don't like to argue!" Bulma exclaimed before catching exactly what she had said. "Oh, I think I see what you mean."

"Good, I'm glad. Both of you need to sit down and tell the other exactly what you think and how you feel about each other." It was my new idea and boy did I hope it worked!

"I'll start. Vegeta, you are a kind and sensitive man, but you don't want anyone to know because you are afraid they will think you are weak for having those emotions. At times, your stubbornness and ego really get to me, but I feel you are not only a patient, but a friend, so I put up with your moodiness.

"Bulma, you are also kind and sensitive, but you are very controlling and your nagging drives even me insane at times. The two of you have many things in common and if you learn to compromise, I think that both of you will be very happy. Now, you will sit here on my bed and talk while I go get a coke. Oh, and by the way, you are not allowed to do anything but talk. No arguing, yelling, or cursing. Oh, and I just changed my sheets so if you do ANYTHING to mess them up, and I think you know exactly what act I am referring too, both of you will die horrible, excruciatingly painful deaths. Wait until you are home to do that. Bye."

I then left them alone in the hopes of them resolving their differences and reaching some form of reconciliation while I went to the kitchen. I got a coke and a bowl of sliced bell peppers out of the fridge, and some Aleve from the medicine cabinet, then sat down on the couch and turned on the TV to watch TRL.

It just wasn't my day. Teasha was demanding her tape back, I had uninvited guests show up for an unscheduled session, they had given me a migraine, and to top it all off, *N SYNC, or as I like to call them, *N STINK, beat Linkin Park on the countdown.

I was just starting to enjoy my pity party when I heard raised voices coming from my room. Those two just can't get along! Maybe I should suggest separation. You know, absence makes the heart grow fonder, or in the case of my ex?-boyfriend, more and more pissed-off.

Okay, I decided I had to go see what was going on just in case they got violent and Vegeta blew up my room. That would mean all my tapes of anime and The Mighty Ducks, and Rajah, my favorite stuffed animal, all gone! NO!!!!

I rushed to my room and threw open the door. I was immediately surprised to find Vegeta and Bulma facing each other holding hands and Bulma was talking excitedly.

"Oh, hi," Bulma said to me after being interrupted.

"I see you two are getting along quite well now. What happened while I was gone?" I had to know. When I had left, they were on the verge of killing each other, but now they were getting along well, too well for my tastes.

"The Woman, Bulma and I talked, baka," Vegeta explained.

"Well duh. That's what you were supposed to do. I need a little more detailed information than that. I am your counselor after all," I retorted. (Retorted, that's my word for the day. It's a really great word, so why don't you all give it a try and use it at least once today? Okay, I'm now officially hyper!)

"Well, Vegeta and I talked like you wanted us to, and he told me *censored because Vegeta threatened to kill me if I told anyone*. I'm so happy! I think everything is going to be just fine now. Thank you for helping us. If it hadn't been for you, we'd still be yelling at each other instead of getting along!" Bulma was gushing. Her eyes were bright and I thought she was about to either cry or burst with joy.

"I'm glad I could help you, but you did all the work. You really didn't need my help at all. Just keep talking to each other and don't start all the normal bull and hopefully I won't have to see you as patients again." I was so glad they were about to leave. I really needed to work on the romance story I had promised Teasha and I wanted to see the video at least one more time before returning it.

"We'll be leaving now since we are no longer in any need of your assistance," Vegeta said rising and offering his arm to Bulma, who surprisingly accepted. They were acting very lovingly toward each other and it had me worried.

"Goodbye, hippiechick, and thanks again. Oh, I did want to ask how your sessions with Chi-Chi were going. They seem to be working because she isn't acting like such a big control freak anymore." Bulma inquired before exiting through the door.

"Well, we're making progress. I may even be able to talk her into letting Gohan attend school by the time he's in college."

"That's wonderful. Well, byebye now." With that, they were gone. Thankfully.

Fortunately, one thing had gone right today. I had made two people, well one Saiyan and one person, very happy, though I doubted the peace would last. Bulma and Vegeta had been patients of mine for several years by this time and if the past held any clues to the future, they would be back. Oh, they would definitely be back, and of course, they were, but that's another chapter if I get enough reviews by then.

A/N: How was that? Good, I hope. I had to work extremely hard to defeat writer's block on this story. The next chapter will be on Piccolo. It's very deep and I personally believe it's the best chapter yet. After that, I'm not real sure who will be the featured DBZ cast member. If you have any suggestions, gripes, or maybe even a complement, let me know by reviewing.