Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Timeless Beauty ❯ Blinded By Your Touch ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: yes, I know. I should really start to finish my other fics before putting out new ones. And I should definatly start updateing sooner. But as you know, graduation day is almost near and I've been quite busy for the past few weeks so I hope that this chapter makes up for the long wait :smiles brightly: The sad news is that my beta-reader little-fighter88 is retiring from her work with me so now I'm beta-less :cries:
 
If anyone is interested in beta-ing for me then feel to contact me via email or review!!!
 
Disclaimer: All belongs to Toriyama. Except for a few original ones here and there.
Timeless Beauty
By Star-brella
-
-
Chapter 10: Blinded By Your Touch
 
“There is always some madness in love.
But there is also always some reason in madness.”
--Friedrich Nietzsche
 
Batochu's dark purple eyes reflect calmness, void of any emotion as he sat motionless in the armchair in his balcony that over looked the city he ruled over.
 
A tall man shifted behind him, trying to decipher his mood. Finally after working up his nerves, the tall man opened his mouth to inquire.
 
“Are you displeased with my choice of action, Nakaigo?” Batochu's soft voice asked from the chair, cutting the question that was going to come out of Nakaigo's mouth.
 
“No, never.” Nakaigo replied quickly, before hesitantly adding “But I am confused about why you let the ouji take her back. You stressed so highly to me that the girl is of great importance and that she is not to be hurt in anyway….”
 
Batochu smiled, but didn't turn away from the scenery so the smile was unseen by all. “And she is. The girl is not to be harmed for she is the one that will determine to fate of this world…as it is told in the prophecy.”
 
A silent moment passed; clearly able to hear the afternoon birds sing, the wind whispering through the leaves, rustling through the warm summer day.
 
“Was it--was it all a test?” Nakaigo asked, he is one of the brightest and most loyal men to Batochu. “To see if the girl is really the one?”
 
“I have no doubt that she is the one from the very beginning.” Batochu explained with patients that many men would have lost by now. “But what I wanted to see was how much she is worth to the ouji. And indeed, she has not fail to meet my expectations.”
 
“Batochu-sama,” His voice was firm, but for the first time in his life he felt a shy as to ask this, “You have given me much for my service and I am forever grateful. But when this is over, I wish to have the girl above all the gold you promised me.” He fell silent, waiting for his master's reply.
 
0000000
(Royal House)
8:35am
 
Junichi walked across the garden, sitting on the rock chair and table in the middle of the garden. He watched as the early rays of the sun glistened off of the water in the lake. Closing his eyes as he listened to the birds chirp energetically.
 
After six and a half months away from home, he and Brolli had finally taken out the last of Korea's Empire and any defenses they had.
 
Vegeta and Kakkarote had gone to the seas of South China. Conquering more land than any man in history could have ever done in less than a year; all that was left was the national capital, Beijing. And now that they have Korea, there will be no problem taking out the capital.
 
Briefly, his mind fled to a certain blue hair girl. Lately he's been doing a lot of that…thinking about her.
 
00000000
 
“Can we go after breakfast?”
“No.”
“Then can we go before lunch?”
“No.”
“How about after lunch?”
 
No. Now stop pestering me onna.” Vegeta didn't bother to hide his annoyance while walking towards the training room with Bulma right behind him.
 
“What's wrong with you?!” Bulma demanded, her eyes burning onto his back as he kept walking ignoring her.
 
“Nothings wrong with me.” Vegeta replied shifting the sword on his waist, picking up the pace that forced Bulma to a light jog to keep up.
 
After a few seconds Bulma's patience ran out. She slipped past him, stopping herself in front of him; which forced him to stop also in fear of knocking her over.
 
Nothing's wrong with you….” Bulma narrowed her eyes, dragging the words. “Why are you avoiding me?”
 
At her question, he let out a short laugh. More like a sarcastic snort.
 
“Avoiding you?! What made you think I would have to avoid anything, much less anything in my own home? And much less a mere woman?”
 
“I don't know, you tell me.” Bulma shot back not removing her gaze always from him. She had kick her own ass out of bed two hours before her usual time just to wait outside his door until he came out to be able to catch him. It's been four whole days since she was able to actually see him. “Where were you during breakfast? Lunch? Dinner?”
 
“I eat when I want to.” He stated icily, justifying himself. He crossed his arms as he took in the image of the woman that has plagued his dreams for the past month. She seemed to only grow more beautiful within the span of these past few days.
 
“And you promised to take me to the city last week.” Bulma growled out, placing both her hands on her hips and sending her full glare onto him. Her pale peach kimono hung beautifully around her form; it was made specifically for her. Her hair was tied in a simple yet elegant design.
 
He's father is spoiling her too much.
 
“The world does not revolve around you, onna.” His voice was a low dangerous tone, as he took a step closer to her. As if threatening her, but she didn't feel threatened at all and even if she did she still wouldn't have backed away. “I'm not your babysitter. If you want to go so damn much then ask-“
 
“I'll take her.” A voice cut between them, making both Bulma and Vegeta turn to the source. Vegeta's eyes narrowed heatedly when he saw who it was. His dark eyes burnt onto his life long friend as Bulma walked towards Junichi and away from him.
 
(Kyoto)
June 2nd, 2005
 
“Jay! Juu! Dinner is ready!” A distant honey filled voice shouted from the lower floors of a cozy looking house.
 
Jay scratched his head in slight frustration, staring down at the calculus problem from his homework. He was in his room, which was surprisingly clean for someone like him. He had just spent the last 2 hours studying for the upcoming exam.
 
Funny, he may be the school's biggest troublemaker but he still manages to get straight A's without beating up a nerd for homework.
 
Sighing he finally gave up. His stomach gave out a growl of protest already smelling the food of his mother's delicious cooking. Pushing the chair back from his desk, he got up and ran downstairs.
 
Smirking when he saw that most of the foods made were his and his twin's favorite.
 
“Jay honey, get your sister down here.” His mother commanded after seeing only her son. She went back into the kitchen to get the rest of the food.
 
Quickly turning, he ran back upstairs to the room next to his. Bursting through without even knocking. He came to a sudden halt when he found the room dark and untouched since morning. That's odd, didn't she already get off from cheerleading practice?
 
His boyish features turned into one of seriousness and deep concentration. An unnamable feeling brushed passed him, making him resist a shiver. He brushed it off when he heard the phone rang in the hall.
 
“Will you get that Jay?!” His mother's muffled voice trailed up. More than slightly irritated, Jay snatched up the phone right on the third ring.
 
“Hello?” Hearing nothing after a few seconds, he roughly placed the phone back on its receiver and proceeded downstairs.
 
“Juu's out, probably over at Chichi or Bulma.” Jay stated, finally able to sit down and start eating.
 
……..
 
Takanobu Briefs placed the book down on his desk before getting up and walking out of his study. The doorbell that had interrupted him the first time sounded through the empty house again as he walked to the door.
 
At the sight of the woman in front of him, he smiled warmly.
 
“Bunni! What a pleasant surprise to find you here.” Takanobu exclaimed, letting her in.
 
“Takanobu, how are you this evening?” Bunni smiled back, her short blonde hair pinned up neatly.
 
“Very good. Thank you. Is there a reason why you came over so late?” Takanobu led her to the living room where they took a seat. Bunni was one of Bulma's teachers in elementary. It was a year after Bulma moved on to high school that Takanobu started going out. After six years of dating, he had finally purpose to her last month, Bulma supporting their decision with enthusiasm. Bulma and Bunni got along quite nicely, better than she had with her real mother.
 
“Is Bulma here?” Bunni asked, turning her head to the door as if looking for her.
 
“No. Actually, I think she's over at one of her friends house.” Takanobu replied, trying to remember if his daughter ever left a message saying she would be somewhere. Wherever she is, she wasn't home.
 
“Good.” Bunni grinned with a mischievous look in her light blue eyes. “As you know Bulma's 18th birthday is coming up, along with her graduation.”
 
“Of course! Can you believe how fast she is growing? And just yesterday she was running up and down these stairs with dirt on her face.” Takanobu sighed sadly.
 
“Yes, she has grown into a fine young lady.” Bunni's eyes soften thinking about the bright, energetic, sweet girl when Bulma was just in grade school. “I think it's time to celebrate her accomplishments, and I know just the perfect way to do it!”
 
00000000
 
Bulma yawned as she pulled off the two outer layer of her kimono, inwardly grouching about how hot it was and the servants making her wear double layers. She knew that the more layers someone wears, especially a lady, the more it signified a person of importance. But still, she would rather someone mistake her for a servant than be cooked alive in the layers of kimono.
 
She glanced around Vegeta's room, seeing that it was almost like the one she shared with Chichi and Juu. There were a few scrolls hanging on the wall, a picture of a tiger. On the far wall stood a low table meant for drinks and food. Next to his futon was a low box like self that had piles of scrolls and books on top of it.
 
Walking over to his futon, she sat down without a second thought. Mentally cursing him for not taking her to town like he promised and also taking Junichi away; saying that they both had business to attend to.
 
She huffed to herself thinking of how he just brushed passed her without a second word. Pulling out the many heavy pins and jewelry used to decorate and hold her hair up. She sighed happily when her hair was finally released from the complex twists, falling down past her shoulders onto her middle back.
 
So why was she here again? She glanced around warily at the spacious room. That's right, she was here to yell at Vegeta when he comes back from whatever meeting he claimed he has to go to. Grabbing a book from the low shelf, she started reading, understanding every word that was written in old Japanese.
 
0000000000
 
Chichi blushed, not knowing whether she should turn or stay were she was when she saw Kakkarote standing in the middle of the large garden with his naked chest heaving in all its glory. But once he started his sword fighting with another man, she couldn't look away from his elegant and powerful swings. His muscles rippling with every move as a thin layer of sweat coated him.
 
She watched as he ended the fight with a final blow, knocking the sword out of his opponent's hand with ease. Chichi marveled at how his serious and intense expression changed to a friendly and kind one as he and his opponent bowed to each other.
 
And by god, her heart pounded, her stomach fluttering watching as he turned his head towards her, a light smirk in place. His dark eyes focused onto her and she felt every nerve wake up.
000000000
 
So he had lied, no big deal right? Than why is he still thinking about the same issue since this morning? He glanced up at the three men sitting at the low table with him, seeing that they were just as bored as he was. Except he wasn't nearly as bored as they were since he had been having a mental debate with himself the whole time.
 
“Vegeta-sama?” A crinkled voice brought him back. Vegeta focused on the man known to be one of his father's advisors and also his, Brolly, Kakkarote, and Junichi's old teacher.
 
“That will be all.” Vegeta dismissed getting a loud sigh from both Junichi and Brolly who didn't bother to hide their relief that the torture had finally ended. Vegeta couldn't help the smirk that crept up his face as the two men slouched over the low table.
 
“Well that was just cruel.” Brolli rubbed his temples, it felt like it would explode from the old man's blabbing. “Pure self inflected pain, Vegeta. That was just pure self inflected pain.”
 
“I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight after this; brings back all the bad memories.” Junichi seconded, wondering what in god's name had caused his friend to call on their old teacher to go over `some' of the elements of battle and war. And by `some' it usually takes up the whole morning and afternoon for the old man to stop.
 
Vegeta's chuckles made the two men glare up at him.
 
“This isn't funny. Do you know how many brain cells are killed after this?” Junichi exclaimed, pouring himself sake.
 
“Right, and we all know you don't have that many to begin with.” Brolli laughed along with Vegeta as they got up, walking out to the already setting sun. “I can't believe I missed a whole day listening to him. I'm going to bed.” Brolli declared before bowing slightly and walking off.
 
“So what made you call the old man out?” Junichi asked as they walked towards their rooms. “And why the hell did you drag me down with you?”
 
“Just wanted to refresh my memory.” Vegeta shrugged indifferently. Then smirked before adding, “And I thought it would do you good to listen as well.” He was lying again; he didn't want Junichi to take Bulma out when he had refused her even though she asked him first.
 
“Well you thought wrong. And that didn't refresh my memory, that nearly killed it.” Junichi bowed before walking into his room, shaking his head.
 
Vegeta continued on the hall. Passing by many doors he paused at a particular one; the one were the onna was staying in. Shaking himself mentally he continued on towards his room.
 
Sliding the door open, he walked in taking off his kimono leaving himself naked from the hip up before lighting the candle that sat at the low table. Turning he blinked in surprise seeing someone sleeping on his futon. Silently walking over, he kneeled down to take in the image of the woman that had consumed his thoughts the whole day.
 
She was contently sleeping, her form spread out freely across his futon as if it was her own. Her soft hair was thrown back carelessly, flowing without restrain around her head. Unable to resist, he brushed a lock away from her face before grazing the back of his hand against her soft cheeks. He watched in transfixed fascination as she leaned towards his touch still sleeping. He held himself back from bending down and taking her lips within his own as she bit her lower, plump lip.
 
Clearly and without restrain or hesitation he let his eyes take in every curve and outline of her body that her thin white, inner layer kimono would allow. Unconsciously he wondered how it would feel to have her wrapped in his sheets every night after taking her over and over again. Shaking those thoughts away from his head, he looked to see one of her hands barely clutching one of his books.
 
I couldn't help the light tug on the end of his lips when he read the cover. It was one of the hardest and complicated book that he had ever came across, and in only one evening she had already gone through more than half of the book. He had no doubt that she understood every word from what he had seen her do/teach.
 
Getting up he took his sword from his waistband, placing the sword on the rack against the wall before going over to his low table again. Sitting down on the other side of the room, to distant himself from her, he glanced at her still sleeping form before reaching for the bottle of sake.
 
000000000
 
“Where have you been?” Juu asked popping her head out from behind the dressing board.

“I was just wandering around.” With the sweetest, hottest guy ever. Chichi answered lightly a brilliant smiled on her face the whole time. “Where you waiting here the whole time?”
 
“Do I look like a loser to you?” Juu asked back, her face glowing with happiness at the thought of how she had spent her evening today. “I just got back a few minutes before you.”
 
“Where is Bulma anyways?” Chichi inquired, pulling the pins and jewelry off her hair.
 
“I last time I saw her she was complain about Vegeta not bringing her to town as he promised. She probably went to go yell at him.” Juu walked out, walking over to her futon before spreading it out.
 
000000000
Bulma jotted awake all of a sudden. Sitting up she found that she could barely see anything in the dark room. She must have fallen a slept while waiting for Vegeta, it was probably very late now.
 
Barely able to see even her hands, she shakily stood up on her feet. Her body was a bit numb by the hard floor. Inching forward, she recalled there being a table around there somewhere.
 
Suddenly her foot slipped on one of the jewelry she left on the floor, which she overlooked. Shock and fear gripped her making her unable to scream out, feeling the air rush at her as she fall she knew that her body will hit against the wall, floor, or the edge of a sharp table soon.
 
In a brief second, strong arms wrapped around her stopping her fall. It pulled her safely against a muscular chest. Her breath was heavily tickling his bare chest, his sensitive skin prickling. Her heart pounding wildly against his chest with her pressed up against him.
 
“Ve-Vegeta?” Her voice held a hint of confusion and uncertainly as her blue eyes tried to adjust to the dark.
 
Unlike her, his trained eyes can clearly make out her flush face, and blue eyes in concentration as she tried to make out his features. His arms were still around her waist, pressing her tightly against him though she didn't make any move to get away.
 
Bulma blinked, furrowing her brows in slight frustration when she still couldn't see anything. A stupid thought crossed her mind that she went blind, and had it weren't for the moonlight shining dimly through the crack of the door she would of considered that thought more. Biting her lower lip lightly, she realized that her hands were flat against his chest. His naked chest. His naked muscular chest.
 
He watched silently, barely breathing in fear of breaking her movements. Her hand slowly reached up in the dark.
 
Her fingertips slightly grazed against his jaw. Surprising her of how close he was to her and yet she made no move to back up. Unable to stop though she had no doubt it was Vegeta, she let her fingers trace the strong jaw before moving over to trace his angular brows. She let her eyes closed, picturing him in her mind as her fingers drew him out.
 
He watched her every movement, not daring to look away from the angel within his arms. Watching as her eyes fluttered close as if trying to picture him in her mind. Her gentle fingers slowly tracing his lips, and he wanted nothing more than to kiss it. His eyes took in her features, and without realizing it he was leaning down closer to her.
 
Bulma stiffened but didn't move away, feeling his nose brush ever so lightly against hers. She felt him stop, but didn't move away since he felt her tense up. She was sure he could feel her heart pounding against him for that brief moment of stillness between the both of them. Her eyes remained closed, the hand that laid comfortably against his bare chest marveled at how soft it felt compared to how rough it looked. Lifting her head up slightly, brushing her nose against his knowing that their lips were only inches away now.
 
She felt his lips brush against hers, he paused as if asking for permission for more. Her hand slowly weaved into his thick strong hair, as her lips seek out for his again. This time he captured her lips with a passion, dipping his tongue expertly in.
 
She moaned breaking the kiss throwing her head back when she felt his callused hand inside the folds of her kimono, lifting her thigh against his waist as he sent heated kisses onto her neck. He pushed her back against the wall behind her, grinding his hips against her and hearing her gasp when she felt how hard he was. He watched as her eyes clouded with unadulterated passion and desire, her cheeks flushed red, her lips swollen and red from his caress. Her breathing was rapid, the only thing that could be heard in the room. He buried his face against her neck and shoulder trying to calm his raging emotions and his body. His head was dizzy as he inhaled her unique scent, which was intoxicating.
 
“um, Vegeta…” Her soft voice like silver bells. “You do know that it's me right? Not one of your `call-on' whores.” She blushed feeling his deep chuckle vibrate against his chest before he pulled back leaving her against the wall. And without him, she felt empty and lonely in the dark room.
 
Vegeta watched her looked around blindly wondering where he went off to when he was just a step in front of her. He watched amusedly as she shifted slightly, one hand playing with her own hair, listening intently for any sound. He moved out of her way silently when she made a bold step forward one hand out in front of her.
 
She knew what Vegeta was trying to make her do but she refused to give in and call out for him. It felt like she was standing in the middle of no where, pitch black she could see nothing and she could near nothing. For the first time in her life she knew what it felt like to be blind, deaf and hunted.
 
Vegeta saw her defiance, watching as she took another step forward. He a smirk graced his face as she struggled to remember the design of his room, or where the table was.
 
Taking a deep breath, Bulma calmed her nerves. Ignoring the intense stare coming from somewhere. “Futon…” She whispered to herself, turning around knowing that was were she was. “Books…” She turned to her right were the piles of books should be.
 
Unbeknown to her, Vegeta was only a step behind her as she took another step to where the books were.
 
“Table…” Bulma slowly made another step. If she remembered correctly it should be on the far side of the room, so she had a few more steps she should make.
 
Vegeta walked up behind her, pulling her against his chest before kissing her neck sensually. He smirked when she leaned back against him, turning her around his lips eagerly sought out for hers bringing her in a deep kiss. Suddenly he pulled back, yet again only a step in front of her.
 
“That's cheating!” Her confused expression turned to one of anger when she realized what he did. He did that purposely just to throw her off her sense of direction. Now she had no idea which way she was facing.
 
He held back another laugh seeing her murderous look, it was like watching a storm set in. She turned away from him, taking a blind shot and walking to the right. Wrong choice. Her foot accidentally kicked the table with books, most of it came tumbling down and in surprise she jumped back yet again slipping on a book.
 
But this time she wasn't afraid because she knew he would catch her. And he did. Within a second of her fall, he had her safely braced in his arms. He quirked a brow up as her arms immediately wrapped tightly around his waist so that he couldn't walk away, her head buried against his neck and shoulder as his fingers played with her hair.
 
After a moment he lifted her up, carrying her to the futon before laying her down gently. She pulled the covers on, as Vegeta watched from next to the futon.
 
“Vegeta?” she called after a second of not hearing any movement. The only responds were his fingers grazing her face, telling her that he was there. Holding onto his hand, she pulled him into the bed molding her back to his chest as he gladly wrapped his arms around her.
 
Author's Note: Yes yes, the b/v is definitely starting here. So tell me what you think!!!
 
DBZ-fan-jess- ::hugs:: you know I appreciate the honesty right? I doubted the last chapter too, but I wanted/needed thing to start moving faster.
 
b_chan2007- ::crushes b-chan in a tight hug:: aww, those are such sweet and encouraging words you said. Thank so much, you know u're always my fav author!!!
 
Lady Rin9677- ::smiles brightly:: Thank you! I hope this chapter doesn't disappoint you! Thank you so much for the review!