Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Touchdown ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own dbz, I do not own the NFL, and I am, in no way, related to either. Wow, I bet you would have never been able to guess that.....

*Chapter 2*

Touchdown

Shades of Crimson


*****

After getting dressed in the girls locker room Bulma and ChiChi walked out to Bulma's shiny new car and Bulma drove, very.. er... quickly, to the bar.

When the two girls got their, Bulma opened the door and let ChiChi walk in first. ChiChi took in a deep breath and her face instinctually twisted into a look of pure disgust. The bar smelled like strong alcohol and sweaty bodies, the room was packed, the lighting was dim, and the music was far too loud for her taste. Bulma smiled and shut the door and ChiChi lost her last breath of fresh air. Her brown eyes darted around the room nervously and she found Launch flirting with Tein, while Vegeta, Nappa, and Yamcha were having a drinking contest to see who could stand up the longest taking shots. Krillin, Goku, and Raditz were talking to Maron, who was still in her cheerleading uniform, and Yajerobie was guiding a drunken brunette out the door.

ChiChi smiled meekly and uncomfortably walked over to Maron and the others and sat down.

Maron smiled drunkly at ChiChi and raised her right hand, "Boys, this is the newest member of tha squad... Miss ChiChi Berkly!"

ChiChi raised an eyebrow at Maron, as she shouted across the table she could smell her alcohol tainted breath. "My last name isn't Berkly Maron..."

Goku turned to the new girl and smiled, "Hey! I'm Goku."

ChiChi's brown eyes doubled in size and her mouth was slightly jeered opened, "Oh my gosh! Yo-your the quarterback!"

Goku nodded at her and his face held the same huge grin.

"C-can I have your autograph?" ChiChi said fumbling out a piece of paper and handing it to Goku for him to sign.

Goku signed it while Maron smiled at Raditz, "Wana go back der' and do sompn?"

Raditz blushed and followed Maron out back while Krillin watched the two leave and he shook his head with a laugh, "They're both drunk as hell!" he watched at ChiChi and Goku pretend they were listening, "I'm gana go see how Ojie and the newbie are doing." he said knowing that anything he said was oblivious to the pair making eye contact in front of him.

Goku nodded slightly as Krillin walked off and smiled at ChiChi, "So, you like the team?"

"Yea, you guys did really good today" she said, spinning her finger around the top of her practically full beer bottle.

Goku looked at her and then at her beer and shook his head, "Your not much of a drinker, are you?"

ChiChi looked up at him and gave him an honest frown, "No... not really"

Goku shook his head again and laughed, "Me neither!" he looked down at his hands and his stomach began to growl, "Hey, do you want to go out and get something to eat?"

Chi Chi's eyes widened at his offer, dinner? That was like practically a date. That was like practically a date with a star quarterback from the NFL! "Of coarse! Oh, but Bulma's taking me home tonight..."

"No problem, there not going anywhere for a while, they usually stay out till past four in the morning." he said standing up and extending his hand to her. She shyly smiled up to him and accepted his arm, "Al-Alright then."she said as Yamcha hit the floor in the background, followed by an immense amount of cheers.

*****

Vegeta and Nappa continued to pop shots as if they were water, and as out of it as they were for all they knew they could have been.

Bulma rolled her eyes as she watched the two in disgust and took another long swig from her beer. Out of the corner of her eyes she saw Maron and Raditz making their way out of the bar.


Nappa's eyes were slightly blood shot as he just stood there smirking at Vegeta. He grabbed another shot and held it just above his lower lip, "You ready for this?" he didn't wait for a reply as he let the liquid slide down his throat and begin to burn his insides. Vegeta raised one of his eyebrows and smirked as he grabbed a shot and quickly downed it. "Uh" he said rubbing his forehead and tilted a little. His vision began to fade and the room began to spin around him. "ah fuck this is gana hurt tomorrow" he whispered.

Nappa let out a deep throat laugh, "I think that makes me the winner"

Alissa, a brown headed cheerleader nearby shook her head, causing her brown curls to spill across her slender shoulders, "Nu-uh Nappa, he's still standing!"

Nappa turned to the girl and smirked, "You keep that shit up and tomorrow you wont be standing"

The girl gulped and suddenly became very interested in the label on her beer. Bulma rolled her eyes as she watched Vegeta grab another shot from the tray and study Nappa from the corner of his eye. This was going to be a LONG ass night.


*****

It was almost three in the morning when Goku and ChiChi came back from there night out. They stepped into the bar and ChiChi let out a small laugh, "I didn't know football players could eat so much.."

Bulma saw the two make their grand entrance and she waved. "Look's like somebody had a good time." she whispered to herself.

ChiChi said goodbye to Goku and he smiled back at her. "Goodnight, ChiChi." he said with a smile, ordering a beer from the bar and watching Vegeta and Nappa go at it.

ChiChi raised one of her thin eye brows and shifted her jaw, "I thought he said he didn't drink." she whispered. Then Bulma's voice was heard, shaking her from her thoughts, "Ready to go?" Bulma asked grabbing her purse and emptying her beer.

ChiChi nodded stiffly and they walked out to the parking lot together.

"I'm so tired" ChiChi moaned as they made it to Bulma's car.

Bulma smiled at her, "You and Goku have fun?"

ChiChi blushed and bit her lower lip, "ye-yea" She looked up at Bulma and let out a heavy sigh, "Bulma?" the blue haired girl raised an eye brow and began to fidget with her keys. "Does Goku do this kind of thing a lot? I mean, pick up girls at bars. Well, I mean I am just another-"

Bulma unlocked the car and smiled up at ChiChi, "Goku is one of the most respectable men you will ever meet. As long as I've known him I don't think he's ever hit on any one. Well, except for you. He likes you Chi." she added as she got into the car and looked at the time, "It's late, you can sleep at my place if you want"

ChiChi nodded and gave her a genuine smile, "Thanks B, for, well, for everything."

Bulma smiled and shook her head as she drove off.

*****

Nappa, Vegeta, Krillin, Yamcha, and Goku were the only people left in the bar when the neon sign out front lost its glow.

The five guys walked slowly, and not too straight, to their cars and Goku gave the other three a funny look. "We got practice tomorrow, Piccolo will kill you if your late." Krillin nodded, "And if you're suffering from a hangover!"

Yamcha gowned with a frown as he rubbed his head tenderly, "shut up, it hurts when you talk"

Nappa smirked, the alcohol wasn't effecting him as bad as the others, "Bye Ojie hope you do better tomorrow than you did today."

Vegeta glared at him while the others just rolled their eyes.

*****

"-and the extra bed room is right down that hall.. there." Bulma said as she pointed down the hall to one of the white doors, "and the bathroom is right here. And my room is down the hall to your right."

ChiChi nodded, taking in all the rooms to Bulma's rather large apartment.

"Oh! you probably need something to wear, don't you!" Bulma said with a light laugh, "follow me."

ChiChi smiled, "So you live here all by yourself?"

Bulma nodded as she dug through one of her drawers, "Yea, its kind of lonely, but were on the road most of the time any way so I don't really have time to take care of a house."

ChiChi nodded again as Bulma walked into her closet. ChiChi's dark eyes roamed across the room and landed on a picture of Bulma and a football player in high school. She smiled as she stepped closer to it. Bulma was smiling and she was wearing a homecoming mum pinned on her cheerleading uniform, Chi Chi's eyes widened when she finally realized the guy that had his arm rapped around Bulma was smirking... 'vegeta?'

"here!" Bulma said stepping out of the closet, causing ChiChi to jump and tear her eyes away from the photo, "You can borrow this to sleep in and there's an extra toothbrush in the bathroom."

ChiChi smiled, "Uh. ok, thanks"

Bulma nodded and crossed her arms over her chest, "Will have a little talk about you and Goku tomorrow!" she teased

ChiChi blushed and giggled a little as she left the room, utterly confused.


*****

"Ojie, get your head in the game!" Coach Piccalo screamed, tearing the headset away from his ears and glaring at Vegeta. Vegeta on t he other hand simply rolled his eyes and turned to face him, "This isn't a game fucker."

Piccalo rolled his eyes, "Ojie, this is a scrimmage, and if you play like this in the game than you might as well pack your shit."

Goku stood up, his eyes darting from his coach to vegeta, and unhooked his helmet, "Ok, let's run through that play again."

Yajerobie and Nappa called 'break' and the others rushed into their positions.

"Coach Piccalo." a tall blonde woman with frizzy blonde hair and glassed said in a bored tone with a plain expression plastered on her tired face.

Piccalo turned to her and snapped, "what?"

"Your new players are here" she said casually.

Piccalo rolled his eyes and nodded, "Kakerott, your in charge, if any of you fuckers screws up while i'm gone you'll be doing suicides till I'm tired."

Vegeta and Nappa rolled their eyes while Krillin and Radizid shouted a definite 'yes sir'.

Coach Piccalo stormed off towards the field house, were a tall black headed boy and a pretty blonde girl stood next to each other with their arms crossed in identical positions.

"You coach Piccalo?" the boy asked flipping a piece of dark hair behind his ear.

Piccalo nodded and the dark haired man continued, "I'm Jay and this is my sister Juu were here for the signing."

Piccalo's eyes widened as he turned to the blonde girl, "Your-your SISTER?!?"

Juu stepped up and narrowed her icy blue eyes, "Yea, you got a problem with that?"

Piccalo shook his head and let out a defeated sigh, "Follow me."


****

"All right Packers, these are your new teammates. Juu and Jay-- what's your last name?"

Jay flipped another strand of his black hair behind his ear, "Droid."

Piccalo turned back to the others on the practice field, "Juu and Jay Droid."

"Uh, Pic" Radizid said raising his hand to shield the scorching sun from his squinted eyes.

"What?" Piccalo said gruffly.

"She's a chick." he said looking over at Juu with a frown.

Piccalo nodded, "She maybe a chick as you say, but she can whoop your sorry ass' at football any day."

Nappa shook his head, "I am not playing on the same team as some skirt."

Juu narrowed her eyes and Piccalo rolled his eyes. "Were a team God dammit, and by tomorrow you all better be acting like a team! You hear me? Now go home and pack your crap, we have a game in Dallas tomorrow and were leaving in the morning. Meet at this field before 6. Kakerott, BEFORE six. Understand?"

The full team of eleven nodded and started slowly trudging off the field.

Krillin ran up at Juu and smiled, "Hey!" Juu turned to the short bald man and looked him up and down, "what" she said in a mono tone voice.

"Names Krillin, and don't worry bought what the rest of them say, I'm sure you'll do great." he said with an honest smile, his cheeks burning a deep shade of crimson.

Juu looked at him flatly, "I don't really care what the rest of them think."

Krillin nodded sadly and walked away. Juu watched him go and shifted her jaw then replied, "but thanks."

Krillin turned around to her and smiled, "See yah tomorrow"

Juu nodded and rolled her icy blue eyes, "Bright and early." she muttered.


*****

Well that was chapter two! Hope you all liked it...

If you have any questions send me an e-mail and shadesofcrimson_vb@yahoo.com, or leave your e-mail in your review! And if you want to be added to the mailing list just say so in your review! Thanks!

The next chapter should be out soon, please REVIEW!

~Shades of Crimson~