Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Tycho ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

3

Earth, Sol System

11.2.43

1300 Hours

Goku watched in amazement and pride as his son pummeled the once mighty Cell, glad that his decision to send Gohan to fight had worked; he wouldn't have been able to live with himself if it hadn't. Although, he thought cynically, he wouldn't have lived long enough to regret it anyway.

The rest of the Z fighters stood in shock. Their battered figures followed the lightning fast movements of the combatants as best they could. Each was hoping against hope that this would end soon, for Gohan was taking his time, and that was making things risky.

Gohan delivered a blow to Cell's stomach and the villain cried out in agony. Everyone felt a change in Cell-he seemed to be growing weaker, but definitely looked liked he was about to vomit. When he did, to everyone's-especially Krillin's-surprise, he regurgitated Android 18.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?!" Cell cried out.

Gohan's response was the murder in his eyes. He was about to deliver another crushing blow when he took notice of another, unfamiliar power level approaching. It wasn't all that impressive-only a little bit higher than Piccolo's-but it was enough to make Gohan reconsider his actions. The pumped-up Saiyan raised his hand and faced Cell. The realization of what he was about to do hit the monster as his hand began to flash. Cell's eyes widened in terror as a huge yellow blast enveloped and obliterated him completely.

Once the action was over, Gohan turned to his surprised friends.

"Do you guys feel that?"

"Yeah! Way to go, man, you just killed Cell!" Krillin shouted in joy.

The others began to join in until Piccolo called them to attention.

"Wait, Gohan is right. Something is approaching."

The shouts of joy died down as the warriors took notice. They looked around to see if they could discern where it was approaching from, but it felt as if it was surrounding them.

Yamcha was nervous. "Hey guys, you feel that? It's like it's all around us."

"Yeah, that is weird," said Goku. "I wouldn't worry about it though, I'm sure whoever it isn't going to be much of a threat. Besides, whoever it is isn't much stronger than Piccolo. No offense." He assured the Namek.

"None taken," was his cool reply.

Suddenly, a figure clad entirely in white dropped from the sky and landed in front of Gohan, who was actually surprised enough to take a step back. All of the warriors stared at the unexpected visitor. He was fairly tall, appeared to be human-about Tien's height-and wore an outfit similar to that of Goku, except that is was solid white. He bore no symbols on him, save for an insignia on his chest just above his heart. The letters GSO were discernable, with some type of foreign rank below them, all set on a background of an unfamiliar star system.

The stranger bore a serious expression on his hardened, scarred face. He was silent until his eyes narrowed and fixed upon something behind Gohan.

"So, you followed me here," he said to the empty space behind the young half-Saiyan.

Everyone wondered who this guy was talking to. Was he a little crazy.

"You are not leaving this planet," the stranger said icily.

Before anyone had a chance to pose a question, the man began an awesome transformation. His hair flashed to a brilliant white and stood straight out from his head. His eyebrows changed color as well. His eyes seemingly disappeared and were replaced with glowing spheres of energy. His muscle mass increased three times in size, making him look much more formidable. The Z warriors went into shock when they felt his power skyrocket. He was definitely stronger than Gohan. Much stronger.

They were even more surprised to see a large black figure appear behind Gohan, though nearly impossible to view in any detail as it seemed to be absorbing the light itself. It ignored Gohan and leapt at the glowing stranger. They moved so fast that no one could track them. If they were able to keep up, this is what they would have seen:

The stranger took a fighting stance and began to deflect the blows launched at him. When he dodged a roundhouse kick by the alien, he made his move. He side-stepped the kick and sent a ferocious punch to its gut. He pulled back and kicked the alien in the side of its head, knocking it a few feet to the left. Before the black creature could recover he blurred behind it, took its head in his hands, and twisted. A dull crack was heard, then it fell to the ground, apparently lifeless. But the stranger knew better. He stepped back from his fallen adversary and lowered his hands, palms facing the creature. Glowing balls of energy began to gather around his hands, merging with a larger one in-between them. Bolts of blue lightning crackled around him, signifying a power-up.

After a brief charge, he let go a tremendous blast, insanely powerful, yet entirely focused on the body before him. A small, smoking crater was all that was left. The entire set of events took place in within three seconds. When it was over, the stranger powered down and turned back to Gohan.

"I apologize for the interruption. You have nothing to fear from me, I have come to ask for your assistance." His tone was matter-of-fact.

Gohan was a bit suspicious. "Wh-, who are you?"

"I'm a soldier."

The stranger thought to himself, "Hmmm.... the boy is much stronger than I anticipated, he must have reached a new level of power. The Saiyans just keep getting tougher and tougher. This is good, they will need to become as strong as possible." He then turned his attention to Android 18.

"She looks pretty bad." he observed. "Do you have anywhere we can take her? We're going to need her."

After a moment of stunned silence, Vegita, characteristically hostile, spoke. He was even more furious than usual, now that another being had surpassed him in strength.

"What do you mean we? Who the hell do you think you are?"

The man turned his head to the Saiyan Prince. "You must be Vegita. As I said, I am a soldier."

"How do you know my name?" Vegita demanded.

"I know who all of you are."

Tien inquired, "Why should we trust you? How do we trust someone who just drops from the sky an-"

The man interrupted him, "Not from the sky exactly. From a ship orbiting your planet."

"There's no way that can be possible! If you were human, we would have felt your power at some point!" Krillin shouted.

"Just because I'm human doesn't mean I'm an earthling."

A few moments of awkward silence passed, then Goku came up with an idea.

"Hey everyone, why don't we all go to the Lookout? We can settle it all there."

Piccolo stopped them. "Hold on Goku! You're too damn trusting! How do we know he won't just kill us all? You felt his power-it's even greater than Gohan's! And did you see that thing that followed him here? We don't even know what that was!"

"Relax Piccolo, he just did us a favor. Obviously, we are dealing with something completely foreign to us. Let's just hear him out, okay?" Goku responded.

Everyone looked around, and then Trunks, silent until now, offered his opinion.

"I think we should trust him. He's definitely different, but I don't think he's evil."

Vegita slapped him upside the head. "Who asked for your opinion, boy?"

The stranger settled the matter himself. "Alright, I'll make this easy on you. I'll take android to your Kami's place. You can follow me if you want, and yes, I do know where the Lookout is." With that he took off, trailing a white streak across the sky.

"Hey! Hold on!" Goku shouted. All of the Z warriors took flight and pursued this new mystery character.

The man clad in white reached the tower quite a while before the others, since they were still hurting from the battle they just barely managed to survive. Gohan powered down from SSJ2 and stayed back to help his father along. He carried 18 over and placed her on the ground right in front of Krillin. The small bald man gulped when he looked at the blonde android.
When they all finally arrived, he began the conversation.

"You all are wounded. If you take these, you'll find yourself feeling much better." He held out his hand, revealing about a dozen white pills.

The group of warriors looked at each other, not exactly sure what to make of the offer

"These pills are similar to the Senzu beans you use. Just swallow them, and your wounds will heal."

Piccolo eyed the stranger suspiciously.

"How do we know those things aren't poisonous?"

"I wouldn't need poison to kill you."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

The stranger didn't answer immediately. That probably hadn't been the best thing to say. Damn his anti-social tendencies-they don't need the fact that he could easily kill them all rubbed in their face. Gotta keep that ego in check.

They cautiously expressed their gratitude in a chorus of agreement, except for Piccolo and Vegita. When 18 regained consciousness, she leapt up and took a fighting stance.

"What is going on here? Where's Cell?" she asked, confused and shaken.

Krillin tried to calm her. "18, don't worry, Cell is destroyed, and this man is here asking for our help."

"What? How long have I been out? Where is my brother?"

Krillin lowered his eyes. "I'm sorry, he didn't make it. He was destroyed with Cell."

"What? No! Damn it! Damn you all!" she cried. 18 shot off into the sky, deeply distraught.

"Wait!" Krillin shouted.

Goku put his arm on his small friend. "It's okay. I think we should leave her alone for now. We can find her later." Krillin sighed, but agreed.


Sabre addressed the group of warriors. "I am sure you are wondering who I am, and what I'm doing here." Almost everyone nodded their heads. Vegita narrowed his eyes. "My name is Sabre. That is what you can call me for now. I come from a galaxy a few hundred light years from here, and I represent the Galactic Coalition. This coalition comprises of various races, most of whom are unfamiliar to you. There are Nameks, a handful of humans, Thrakans, Ju'itsi, Braxons, and a few dozen others. But there are a few Saiyans here and there." Sabre ended there, anticipating Vegita's interjection.

"That's impossible! Kakkarot and I are the only full-blooded Saiyans left! You are a filthy liar!"

"No, I am telling the truth. There are Sayjins out there besides you two. They weren't on Vegita when it was destroyed. In fact, they weren't even born on the planet to begin with." Sabre began his narrative. "About seventy thousand years ago there was an ancient race of collectors called the Amnae who traveled through this part of space. They went throughout the galaxy collecting various life forms and relocating them in different solar systems. No one has yet determined why. Humans, Nameks, Saiyans, and many others ended up on planets in a certain solar system. Now it is the current headquarters of the Galactic Coalition. The reason I need your help is quite simple. We are losing a war with a race of aliens we call the Necrons. The creature I disposed of back there is one of them. Aside from me and my partner, you all are the strongest fighters outside of our Coalition. You also have the most potential, as well as the most experience fighting a superior force. It seems to be your forte. "

"Why do you need us? You seem to be quite capable of defeating these "Necrons" all by yourself. You certainly put that thing in its place. And you seem to know an awful lot about us." Piccolo said, narrowing his eyes.

"I know almost everything about you because the Coalition has remote sensor stations in nearly every part of this sector of space. Before the war broke out, we were considering making first contact with Earth. You all were being studied very closely. As for the Necron that followed me here, it was just a low-grade assassin. But I'm not strong enough to take on their best fighters. Their cyborg monstrosities are a lot stronger than me." His tone lowered considerably, his speech holding traces of anger. "I was able to hold off their standard fighters quite easily, but at some point they let loose squads of their cyborg creations, and...I was unable to stop them. I barely escaped alive. We first met these cyborgs on Rigel Seven. By `we', I mean me and my team, the 1st Angel Corps. My unit was made up of the best of the best, and I trained each of them myself. They were more or less equal to you all in power. Each person in my team had a special ability. Some were techie geeks, others had powerful area suppression techniques, etceteras. When the cyborgs came...only myself and one other made it out alive. It was sheer butchery."

"Now," he sighed, "I need you to be my new team. You all will join me and Resa, the other remaining Angel."

"Whoa! Hold on a second! If you and your team couldn't handle them, what makes you think we can?" Krillin asked rather shakily.

"We're going to train. Your current techniques are ineffective and each of you has a weakness that we need to eliminate. For example, Vegita's is his arrogance, yours and Yamacha's is self-doubt, Goku's is his forgiveness and so on. I've also noticed that you three," Sabre pointed at Krillin, Yamcha, and Tien, "are significantly weaker than the rest. Don't worry about it, I'll train you personally."

"There's no way we're gonna get as powerful as you, we can barely keep up with the other guys!" Yamcha cried.

"There is that self-doubt. You are your own worst enemy. Let me tell you something. I am a full-blooded human, just like you. Anything I can do, you can do."

The statement seemed to placate the human's doubt, but Vegita was still recalcitrant.

"What makes you think we'd even consider helping you and your stupid Coalition. Why the hell should we care what happens to you and your pissant sector of space?" Vegita challenged.

"Well, it's simple. If you don't help me now, it's only a matter of time before the Necrons reach this quadrant. One of them was already here. It only took me a week to reach here by standard faster-than-light travel. And the Necrons already have the location of this planet and every other one in the Coalition database when they managed to capture a forward command ship. When they inevitably arrive, you and your friends will probably hold of the first wave of Necrons until the cyborgs show up, and then you will die. I'm essentially asking you to do what you've always done, which is save the lives of others."

Vegita simply grunted and turned away.

"Now, we don't have to leave right away, I'm sure you will want to talk it over, so I'll go fly around for awhile. I've always wanted to come to my ancestral homeworld. I'll be back in three Earth hours. That should be enough time for you to reach you decision."

No one said anything else, and with that Sabre nodded his head and shot off, once again leaving a brilliant white trail in his wake.

Tien whistled. "Wow. You guys, I'm not sure what should we do."

Krillin opined, "Well, I'm still not sure we can trust him. It might be a trap."

"But you guys, if he wanted to hurt us, why didn't he do it already? He could've easily killed us all, but instead he healed us," reasoned Gohan.

Trunks was less sure. "Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with Gohan, but this is all so sudden. This guy literally shows up out of nowhere and asks us to fly off into the galaxy with him."

"What do you think?" Piccolo asked Goku.

"I'm not sure. I think we can trust him, but we still need to find out more about him and these 'Nercons' we're supposed to fight."

"Necrons," corrected Gohan.

"Right. Anyway Gohan and I are gonna go to Master Roshi's. I'm going to have to talk to Chi-Chi about this, and I don't think she's going to be thrilled."

"Well, I guess I'll go back to Capsule Corp. and talk to my mom," Trunks said.

"Hey Goku, I'm gonna stay here in case 18 returns," said Krillin. He desperately hope she would.

"I guess me and Yamcha will go with you, then," Tien added.

"Well?" Goku asked Vegita and Piccolo

"Well what, Kakkarot? I'll be around. Don't bother finding me, I'll find you." Vegita then promptly shot off into the horizon leaving a blue streak in his wake.

"I'm going to stay here and talk to Dende about this whole god-awful mess. And besides, we have to undo the damage Cell did to the Earth. We'll summon the dragon and bring back everyone that monster killed."

Goku announced the plan. "Alright guys, I guess we'll meet back here in three hours."