Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Uncertain Future ❯ A Spy in the Crowd ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ, you all know who does. I'm not making any money off of this story either so please don't sue me.

I also wanted to thank Vegetababe for beta-ing this for me!!!!!

Uncertain Future, Chapter 9: A Spy in the Crowd

Bulma was still twirling around in front of her mirror when a knock sounded at the door. She lifted her skirt slightly to avoid tripping on it, and shuffled over to the door. She took a peek through the little view hole, which revealed a Saiyan warrior, decked out in his finest battle attire.

"Can I help you?" she asked as she opened the door.

"Uhhhh… you, you …. wow." The warrior was rendered speechless by the beauty of the woman in front of him. "I umm, I've been sent to, uhhh, pick you up for the… uhhhh… party." he stuttered, his face cast to the ground and his toe absently drawing tiny circles on the floor, like a schoolboy, talking to his crush. Bulma smiled, apparently, she wasn't the only one impressed by her looks.

"Would you come in for a minute? I'll be right back." She said, ushering him in. "Where is King Vegeta?" she called from her room, where she was freshening up quickly. "I thought he was supposed to be here."

"Well, he got tied up in some meeting about some treaty or another. He gave instructions for you to go. He'll be there later." The Saiyan called back.

"Treaty huh? I heard most Saiyans prefer battles to treaties. Is it true?" Bulma questioned, coming out of her room and picking up her shoes. She sat down to put them on, and then quickly made sure that her chain was still around her neck.

"Well, Saiyans do like battles, but King Vegeta is wise for someone so young. He is a good King, and as he says, there is no honor in massacre…" he trailed off, seeing Bulma's intense gaze. "Wh… Why do you wish to know?"

"Just a question." she smiled. "We had better get going then." The man nodded, and held out his arm for her. "By the way," she said taking it, "what's your name?"

"Dorrikan" he replied.

"Dorrikan, interesting." she perfectly replicated his speech, noting the way the R's were pronounced with a rolling, growl-like sound.

"You seem to be settling in well miss…miss…" he trailed off apologetically.

"It's Bulma, Bulma Briefs." she laughed softly. Dorrikan was amazed already by this young female. While her beauty was absolutely stunning, she seemed to have some odd qualities, rare to any housemate. For one thing, she spoke the language easily, without troubles in the pronunciation or forming of the odd sounds that were so foreign to her. Secondly, she seemed to consider herself as an equal to him. She hadn't said anything to give this away, but she carried herself in such a way that one could easily have mistaken her for a queen. Thirdly, he could detect no fear whatsoever. She walked comfortably beside him, her arm relaxed in his, and her eyes met his frequently as they talked. She was either very good at hiding her fear, or did not see him as a threat.

Unknown to Dorrikan, it was a little of both. Bulma knew he wouldn't dare touch her, now that she was officially the property of King Vegeta, but the familiar uneasiness of being alone with a strange male sent chills up and down her spine.

"Well, this is where I leave you." Dorrikan broke the comfortable silence that had set in as the pair walked. Bulma looked up to see a large pair of doors, which were opened to her by a pair of uniformed guards who motioned for her to go inside.

Bulma gasped as she entered the large ballroom. She felt her head spinning with the atmosphere in the room. There were tons of people, Saiyan and non-Saiyan, dancing and having a wonderful time. There was a large orchestra playing what she recognized as an ancient Saiyan folk song, which told the tale of the legendary Super Saiyan, King Vegeta the 15th.

Bulma smiled to herself, seeing the happiness and pride that radiated from the dancing Saiyans. The tale of the Super Saiyan was a great one, and many had believed it to be only legend until King Vegeta the 15th transformed while fighting Frieza at the age of 22. 'That was only two years ago…' Bulma thought to herself. Apparently, the day Vegeta had transformed, was the same day the attack on Chikyuu had begun.

A new song started and Bulma was snapped out of her reverie by a gentle touch on her shoulder. She turned to see a young man standing beside her. "I was just wondering if you would care to dance with me?" he said hopefully. Bulma smiled, and blushed. Until this moment, she had not realized that almost every male in the room was staring at her. She nodded and held out her hand, allowing the Saiyan to sweep her around the dance floor.

"So, I hear you are the King's new housemate."

"Hai, I am." Bulma murmured, accidentally letting some Japanese slip out. The Saiyan did not seem to notice, as his eyes were currently glued to her breasts. She scowled, and spoke again, trying to get his attention. "My name is Bulma. What's yours?"

"Huh? Oh… I'm Tertank." he said, his eyes moving downwards again.

"Well Tertank, I'm glad you find my breasts so entertaining." she said coldly. Turtank blushed, and murmured an apology. His gaze stayed above her shoulders until the song was over.

"Attention everyone!" came a female voice from a small platform. "I would like to announce to you all, KING VEGETA!" Vegeta walked out amidst a thunderous roar of cheering from his people. All around the ballroom, people were cheering and shouting for their King. Vegeta reached the podium and stood for a moment, taking in all the cheering. He then raised his arms above his head and the whole crowd was silent within seconds.

"Welcome." he said simply. He turned his head towards the Orchestra, and signaled for them to start playing again with a little flick of his wrist. The conductor bowed to his King, and then proceeded to lead the musicians through the Anthem of Vegetasei. The crowd bowed their heads and were silent throughout the entire song, but once it ended, they all began to cheer again, and Vegeta bowed slightly, accepting their enthusiasm. "The mission to Yran went well," he said once the cheering had died down a little. "I was even given a little 'present' as a peace offering." he chuckled. "This is my new housemate. A survivor of the Chikyuu massacre." All eyes were on Bulma now, and she had no idea what to do, so she just gave a slight nod of her head to the crowd, unknowingly enhancing their vision of her as some great goddess or powerful queen.

The music started up again soon after that, and Bulma danced with many more of the men at the ball, and was relieved when she didn't have to chide anyone else about staring at her breasts. Luckily though, they were afraid of what the King may do to them if they did. Everyone on the planet knew that King Vegeta had been violently opposed to the purging of Chikyuu. Many believed that it caused the death of Frieza, everyone was surprised that the Yranians had not been obliterated for it.

"May I have this dance?"

"Of course, my King." Bulma smiled at Vegeta as he led her out to the dance floor, and swept her around in time to the soft beat of a slow song. Bulma had never been so happy in her life. She felt so safe and secure in the arms of the King. It felt as if they were flying, and she even opened her eyes once just to make sure they weren't. Being this close to the King flooded her with all sorts of new feelings, new sensations. Chills ran up and down her spine as she pressed herself closer to Vegeta, hoping the move wasn't too obvious.

Unconsciously, Vegeta's grip tightened a little as he felt the little female press her body closer. 'Kami, she's beautiful' he thought, not noticing he had used the Japanese term for something that did not even exist in his own culture. She moved her head slightly to look up at him and was caught in her gaze. He wanted nothing more than to kiss her at this moment, but he resisted. 'What would the people say? To kiss this little one here, and now, would be a disgrace, an unforgivable show of weakness. But maybe… maybe tonight…'

The song ended, and the couple released each other, although reluctantly. From deep within the crowd came a little smile, from one man. The only one who had witnessed the King's little moment with the blue haired little female. 'So there is hope for him after all… I will never forgive myself for what I did to him if the experiment proved to be a success…'

Well, that's it for now! How'd ya like it???? Was it any good? I sure hope so…. Well, don't' forget to review! Bye for now!