Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Uncertain Future ❯ I Used to Dream ( Chapter 20 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ or any of the characters. Please don't sue me, I'm not making any money off of this story.

Author's Note: Okay! A lot of people seemed to think that chapter 19 was the last one…it wasn't. There's still a couple more to go! Anyway, thanks for all the great reviews I got!

*Special Thanks to Vegetababe and Bulma Peacecraft for Beta-ing!*

Uncertain Future, Chapter 20: I Used to Dream

Bulma yawned and stretched lazily in the large bed. "Morning Vegeta." she murmured, curling up against her mate. Vegeta responded with a soft grunt and wrapped his arms around the little female, who sighed quietly.

"What's wrong?" Vegeta asked, noting the slightly melancholic state of his mate.

"I was just thinking Vegeta." she sighed. "I remember when I was little I used to dream of the perfect wedding, the Chikyuu equivalent of a mating ceremony. I used to dream that I would walk down the aisle and my father would give me to the perfect man and my mother would be crying with joy in the front pew." she sighed again. "But I don't even know what happened to my parents Vegeta! They're probably dead but I don't even know." a tear slipped out of the corner of her eye. "Kami Vegeta, I miss them so much." she buried her head into the warm Saiyan chest and cried.

"Shhhh…Don't cry." Vegeta whispered, trying to soothe his distraught mate. He shifted slightly and tightened his embrace on the little human while gently running his hands up and down her spine.

"I…I'm sorry Vegeta. This must be awful for you. I mean, we just got formally mated yesterday and here I am crying my eyes out." Bulma sniffled, trying to smile.

Vegeta tilted her chin up towards his own and leaned over to kiss her. She flushed slightly and opened her mouth to him, only to be interrupted by a loud, pounding knock on the outer door of the royal chambers. Bulma jerked away in surprise and Vegeta scowled, pulling on a pair of pants and heading out to see whom it was.

"What kind of moronic fool would interrupt a King during the initial mating period?!?" he growled angrily as he stalked to the door. He was supposed to be making love to his mate right now but instead he was answering the door to reveal…Nappa. "What the hell are you doing Nappa?"

"I'm so sorry to disturb you sire…" Nappa stuttered. "But King Orlis of Yran has just arrived with a ship full of gifts for the newly mated King and Queen."

"Orlis?!?" Vegeta raged. "What the hell does he think he's doing?!?" Vegeta slammed the door in Nappa's face and stalked off to the bedroom.

"What's wrong Vegeta?" Bulma cooed, seeing the King's angered state.

"That damn Yranian, King Orlis, is here! That bastard knows about the mating period so he brought gifts to make his interruption seem unintentional! He's just trying to make me mad!"

"Why would he want to make you angry? You'd think he would be afraid of you." Bulma wondered aloud.

"Oh he's afraid of me all right, but he also hates me and he knows that if I kill him today people will look upon it as being barbaric." Vegeta growled. "And we can't ignore him or we'll be considered rude by anyone who is not familiar with Saiyan customs." He pulled some clothing out of the closet and set it down on a chair. "So we have to give up our mating period in order to entertain that disgusting purple blob." Vegeta snarled the last sentence. He picked up his mate and set off for the shower.

1 hour later…

"Greetings King Orlis." Vegeta ground out, trying to sound civil. "Please forgive the long wait, but you were rather unexpected."

"No worries Vegeta." Orlis replied. "I just wanted to be the first to congratulate you." Vegeta let out a tiny, inaudible growl. Orlis was the only one stupid enough to pull a stunt like this. "Anyway, since it was not released beforehand whom you were mating, I had a rather hard time trying to decide on an appropriate gift. I couldn't choose so I just brought your new Queen a whole shipload of things and some new slaves. I even had them trained in the Saiyan language for you." he motioned over to a large pile of crates which had been unloaded earlier, and a group of sickly looking beings of various races beside it. "Speaking of your mate, where is she. I cannot wait to meet the lady who has captured the heart of the Saiyan King."

"Actually Orlis, I believe you have met her." he smirked, his eyes glowing mischievously. "And I must say, you made a fairly good choice in bringing those particular slaves, even if they are obviously the most pitiful weaklings you have ever owned." Vegeta looked over the group once more, noting that at least three of the frail creatures seemed to be of the human race.

King Orlis looked confused, and rather upset that he had not succeeded in annoying the Saiyan King. "I…Uh…Thank you sir." He said, unsure of what Vegeta was getting at.

"Ah, here comes my Queen now." Vegeta turned and smiled at the beautiful female that was making her way towards them. Orlis' jaw dropped to the ground when he saw Bulma.

That's…That's…No! It can't be! Vegeta would never take a common slave as a mate! He's got too much pride! But it is! It is her! The Yranian King's mind screamed. Orlis soon put two and two together, and began to panic. He knew Vegeta would surely hold a grudge against him for how he had treated the girl while she was in his service.

"Why hello King Orlis." Bulma greeted the Yranian with a cold smile. "It's been a while hasn't it?"

"S…So nice to see you my lady." Orlis gulped. My goodness, how beautiful she is! And she could have been all mine if the stupid monkey king hadn't interfered! Orlis' panicked thoughts turned to anger. She still can be mine! All I have to do is make her see that I am far better than that ugly barbarian!

"Well Orlis, why don't we go inside the palace. I'm sure you must be hungry, so we can sit down for an early lunch and then you can present your gifts to Vegetasei's new Queen.

While the trio ate, King Orlis' slaves began to unpack the large crates, bringing out valuable jewels and beautiful gowns for the Queen. "It's all very lovely Orlis. I thank you." Bulma said between bites.

"Oh that's not all of it Bulma." Vegeta broke in. "What about those slaves you brought?" Bulma's face darkened at the mention of slavery, causing Vegeta's malicious smirk to widen.

"Sl…Slaves? What slaves?" Orlis stammered. He had figured out what King Vegeta was up to. If he offended the Queen, he was sure to suffer.

"Well, outside you mentioned that you had brought slaves for my lady. Do not tell me Orlis, that you have lied to the King of Vegetasei…" Vegeta trailed off on a threatening note.

Orlis nodded quickly. "Bring in the slaves!" He called to one of his crew. "Quickly now!"

Bulma watched, her mouth set angrily, as a group of sickly, decrepit looking people were shoved through the doors and presented as a gift to her. One particular slave caught her eye though. It seemed almost as if she knew that slave from somewhere…she was so familiar. "Oh my Kami! Corky!" Bulma cried, bounding out of her seat. She rushed over to her old friend in a heated rush. "You! Take these people to get cleaned up! You, go have some food prepared. Get some fresh clothing for all of them too!" She began barking out orders to the servants in the room, who quickly obeyed her orders.

"B…Bulma?" Corky rasped quietly. "I can't believe it's you!" Bulma gasped as her friend suddenly launched into a violent coughing fit.

"Oh Corky!" she cried as she moved to steady her friend's wracking body. "Don't worry! We'll get you cleaned up and fed and then we'll get that checked out in the medical wing." Bulma wrapped an arm around her friend for support, and helped lead her out of the room after the others.

"So you're really a Queen huh?" Corky asked between mouthfuls of steamed vegetables. "Wow, lucky girl." she sighed.

"Yeah…" Bulma sighed. Her friend was very sick from the hard Yranian labor. They had just been to the medical wing, where the doctor prescribed a strict medication schedule for poor Corky.

"So Bulma…What are me and the others supposed to do know that we're here? I mean, its not like we can just get jobs and live a normal life! Are we going to keep being slaves or what?" Corky asked.

"Well, not slaves…Vegetasei has a policy on newcomers like you. Vegeta doesn't believe in slavery so you don't have to worry about that. You'll probably be placed as a housemate until you're proven trustworthy, and eventually, you'll be given proper training for a real job." Bulma said.

"Housemate?"

"Oh sorry, I guess I should explain this to you." Bulma laughed softly, and proceeded to explain the concept of housemates.

Meanwhile, Vegeta had left Orlis on his own and gone to do a few things. After stopping to check in on his mate, he made his way to the Communications wing. This was where all interplanetary relations were handled, and he had a job for them.

"Greetings King Vegeta." A young soldier ushered him in. "How may I be of service to your Highness today?"

"What's you name, soldier?" Vegeta asked. This man seemed familiar.

"Tertank, sir."

Tertank, eh? Vegeta thought… Now where have I seen him before…wait a minute. Vegeta began to search his mind for traces of this man, especially the part that contained Bulma's memories. This is the one from the ball…Vegeta frowned.

"Well Tertank." Vegeta began, "I have a very important job for you. It is to be kept absolutely top secret. Not even the Queen may know of this. Do you understand?"

"Yes sir! I am at your service, your Highness." Tertank replied.

"All right then. I want you to find someone for me…"

Well, that's it for now everybody! Don't worry there's still more to come! Don't forget to review!