Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Veil ❯ Burned ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Sorry I took so long with this chapter, it was sort of rough around the edges, so I had to work at it. Anyway, thank you so much for the reviews! Ok enough blabbering, hope you guys like this chapter!

***************************************************************< /div>

Bulma couldn't help glaring at Vegeta's remark. She cleared her throat, causing all of them to look at her. "I can speak for myself." She said to Vegeta, deadly serious. "Lord Frieza. I am willing to come and work for you as your scientist, provided you station me on a different planet."

Vegeta's heart froze as he heard this. How could she betray their trust, after all they have done for her? Anger began bubbling from within.

***************************************************************< /div>

Bulma's fingers trembled as she attached screwed in the loose nuts and bolts. She frowned as she saw a protruding wire in the newly built circuit on the edge of her desk, sneering she hooked it back into place.

The dangerous chemical on the edge of the desk threatened to tumble over and crash onto the ground, into a vat of circuit wires.

Just two hours ago she had announced that she would be leaving with Vegeta-sei at the end of the week to work for Frieza on a different planet. She couldn't help get the feeling that she was making a terrible mistake.

The moment she had first laid eyes upon the lizzard like creature, she instantly didn't like him. His entire demeanor wreaked of death and destruction, but even though she got this feeling from him she knew she couldn't stay on this planet a moment more than she had to. And Vegeta was the reason for this.

It was now mid-afternoon and word of her departure had spread to the palace like wild fire. Bardock had been in the lab with her for the past two hours, but he avoided her like the plague. She couldn't understand what was wrong with him, he was behaving in a cold and distant manner.

As for Radditz, she hadn't seen him since he had taken her to the throne room earlier that afternoon. She growled in frustration at the offending piece of wire that kept unconnecting from the major circuit. Throwing down a loose screw in anger, she looked up and sought out Bardock.

When she caught his eye, she snarled, "Bardock! Get over here." She said stubbornly.

Bardock snarled in return slightly but complied, "What is it girl?" He asked approaching her work bench.

Bulma's features softened and she sighed, "Sorry."

"What is it?" He asked somewhat impatiently.

Bulma cringed inwardly, "Can you please sort out that wire? It keeps becoming disconnected from its component and it's driving me crazy. I have to get the gravity room done by tomorrow evening and that wire is not helping! Can you see what is wrong with it?" In truth she knew what was wrong, she just needed an excuse to speak with Bardock.

He looked at the wire briefly and then back to her, a scowl forming on his lips. "You know exactly what is wrong. What was your purpose in calling me over." He demanded.

The features on her face hardened, "Well I had to get you to say -something- to me Bardock! You haven't spoken a word to me."

"Foolish Chikyuu-jin!" He hissed, "Do you expect me to?"

Bulma's eyes increased in size, "What do you mean? What have I done?" She pleaded.

The lines around his eyes softened for a small moment, before he sneered at her. He had only one thing to say to her, "Traitor." He turned to walk away to the far side of the lab.

Bulma placed her hand on his shoulder before he could walk away. "I don't understand, why am I a traitor?" Confusion was clouding her eyes as to why she was being branded a traitor, and Bardock saw this. The reason why he hand not already ripped her hand off of his shoulder.

He looked down at her, begrudgingly. "You blind fool, you've sided with Frieza!" He snarled the word out as if it were the most hideous thing he had ever come across.

She drew her hand back, "But aren't you in allegiance with Frieza?" More confusion lacing her tone.

Bardock's temples began to throb, a slow steady drum beat. "You have no clue as to what you've gotten yourself Chiyuu-jin. He threatened to destroy our planet if we did not cooperate with him! He stole our Prince from us, for his own sick demented purposes and turned him into the same cold heartless man his father is! And then you side with the devil himself and you ask how I can not call you a traitor?" His voice had considerably risen by now.

Bulma shook her head, anger getting the better of her. "What about me?" She cried, "I can't stay on this planet Bardock, if I do I'll be killed!"

His ears pricked up at this, "What?"

"You can hardly call me a traitor when I had no loyalty for this planet in the first place!" She spat, "If you remember quite correctly, I was forced to come here. I had no choice! I was torn away from everything I held dear to me and now just because I have a valid reason to get off of this planet, you call me a traitor?!"

"What is your valid reason?"

She laughed cruelly, "It seems as though your -little- Prince is nothing but a dick on two legs."

He almost choked as he heard her crude words, never had she spoken in so foully. He recovered and growled at her, "Do not insult the Prince girl, I will not tolerate it."

"Oh yes, your precious, perfect, powerful Prince! My heart breaks for you. I'm so sorry, please forgive me for ever name calling the great one!" She said mustering up as much sarcasm as she could. She didn't know what was happening to her. Had being violated really altered her personality so much? It seemed so to her and the look on Bardock's face spoke volumes to her, warning her. Her shoulders sagged slightly.

"I cannot respect anyone with such little respect themselves. Be gone with you Chikyuu-jin, you are of no use, I shall be glad to see you gone at the end of the week." This time he really was walking away, when her words sent a tremor through his body.

"He hurt me, Bardock." She spoke it so quietly, it seemed as though she hadn't even said anything at all. But his Saiya-jin ears picked up every wounded syllable.

He turned back to her slowly and looked down closely into her blue eyes. It seemed as though her soul was no longer present in those blue depths. "How?" He managed to croak out.

She hung her head in shame and looked away, her eyes all but dead now. Her body language more than defeated.

That was when his nose picked up the scent of the Saiya-jin no Ouji on her. It was very faint and could not be noticed, until he honed in his senses and tuned out her own scent. It felt as though someone had punched him in the gut.

How could a respectable Prince do this to such a fragile woman? And at that moment she did seem fragile, almost as if she were made like a glass china doll. One crack and the whole thing may shatter into a million pieces, never to be restored to its previous splendor.

She mumbled something incoherent, and went back to building the gravity machine, tweaking away at bolts and screws.

Bardock couldn't bring himself to say anything to her. He understood her urgency to leave the planet, even if it was to a tyrant like Frieza. Her trust of Saiya-jins had been demolished by their Prince. "Bulma.." He said her name quietly.

Bulma snapped her eyes towards his slumped form and then back to her machine. "Maybe you should call me traitor. It seems as though I have earned the title and it suits me best." Her monotonous tone echoed through the lab.

"Stop." He commanded.

She frowned, "Stop what?"

"Stop what you're doing."

"Why should I?"

He strode over to her and took the wrench forcefully out of her hand. He held her by the shoulders and gazed into her deep blue pools. "Forgive me." He had to force the words out of his mouth, it wasn't everyday that he had apologized to someone. But he could no longer deny the parental protectiveness he felt for her.

Bulma nodded mutely and pulled herself away from his hold, silently she continued to work.

Bardock went back to his own desk and stared at her from afar. He was devoted to throne of Vegeta-sei, but what the Prince had done was unacceptable. He looked at the changed woman before him, no longer did her eyes glow with the brilliance of energy, no longer did her posture scream pride and genius.

"What have you done Vegeta no Ouji?" He whispered to himself, setting his mouth in a grim line.

A crash resounded through the room, followed by an earth shattering explosion.

***************************************************************< /div>

Vegeta growled as blasted yet another servant to the next dimension. It had been two hours since the woman had announced that she would work for Frieza, -willingly-. Rage began to surface again as he sat in his room, thinking how she had hnumiliated him in front of his father, Bardock and Frieza, by defying him!

Frieza. That very word made him want to pick up and destroy everything in sight. How he hated the ugly homosexual lizzard! Images from his past flashed before his eyes, reminding him of why he despised the creature so much. He even despised his father, for allowing him to be sent off with a barbarian at such a young age.

Yet he did not regret the experience and training he had obtained from being in Frieza's army. That was one thing he had to give the lizzard credit for, he knew how to turn a boy into a soldier. But the hate was still there, as cold as ice. It pierced what little heart he had left and someday Vegeta vowed he would get even.

Snarling, he stood up with nervous energy. Wind flew up him nostrils and he was assaulted with a faint whiff of her scent. His eyes widened as he found it rather soothing so his angry disposition but the rage soon built up again when he realised it was -her- scent that he was enjoying.

He thought that if he had her for one night during his heat, his attraction of the ugly whore would be squashed. But he found that it was not so. He hadn't meant to rape her, it was as though something was controlling him and telling him to do unpleasant things to her. Telling him to harm her in any way possible.

And harm her he did, in more ways than one. He did not think she would retaliate by leaving Vegeta-sei permanently! *Shit..* The word was so small, yet exactly what he thought about everything happening to him.

He sat back down on the large chair, placed near the window and gazed out. It seemed as though he was having constant mood swings as of late, which was not entirely unusual. He hated everything and everyone, especially -her- and it would stay that way until his dying day. He contemplated what he was going to do with the little Chikyuu-jin, he could not let her get away with ridiculing him in front of everyone. He had also taken note of the bite mark on her neck.

Who knew that one tiny bite mark would cause him such aggravation and trouble? Who knew he was going to mate with her? Certainly not him. He was disgusted with himself, that he had actually lost control and taken her for as a mate. A life mate.

He knew that the bond was only one sided, on his behalf. As far as he knew, she had no inclination of ever wanting to be near him. But he knew that if she went off world, she would soon change her tune. The ever looming insanity would grow on both of them if the bond was not completed. She had to return the bond, in order to assure both their survivals.

He growled knowing that he could get her to willingly bite him, let alone mate him. What was he going to do now? They would both surely die. Standing up again with he nervous energy he held, he began pacing back and forth like a caged tiger. He had to ensure his survival and make sure she did not go to another planet, if she did then all would be lost and then he'd have no way of getting strong enough to defeat Frieza.

Still something plagued his mind, something which he could not understand. What had happened to make him lose control of his actions and mate with Bulma? He knew he had enough control in him, so what had caused him to bite her and initiate the first process of bonding?

Growling, he exited his chambers and headed towards his only haven. The training arena. He stopped abruptly when he was almost run over by an oncoming guard. "Radditz!"

***************************************************************< /div>

Frieza smiled coldly at his right hand man, Zarbon. It had been two hours since he obtained the news that the female Chikyuu-jin would be joining his ligeance and he was very proud of himself. As soon as he had her cooperation, he had boarded his private and most favoured ship. Now hovering around in space, he sat on the comfy chair across from the beautiful green man. They were alone in the ship's control room.

Zarbon caught the cold smile on Frieza's face, "My Lord?"

Frieza cackled gleefully, "You know Zarbon, I am a very happy man right now."

Zarbon raised a perfectly curved eyebrow, "Oh, how so?" His voice was deep like a baritone that brought shivers down Frieza's curled up tail.

Frieza sniffed and swirled the blood red liquid in his glass, a habit he could not stop. "I think I may just command Vegeta yet!"

Zarbon's face fell at the mention of the puny monkey. "How do you intend to do that my lord?"

The intercom began bleeping. Zarbon walked to the large panels and typed in the necessary code. The image of a large burly Saiya-jin flashed onto the wall-sized screen. Zarbon returned to his sit, eager to watch the oncoming conversation.

Frieza looked up, disinterested at the screen. "What is it." He demanded

The Saiya-jin grunted, "It is done. Vegeta shall soon be at your mercy once again." The screen switched itself off, fading into a colourless background.

A smile played on Frieza's lips.

Zarbon looked at the tiny lizzard out of the corner of his eye. "Is everything well my Lord?"

Frieza merely nodded, "Remember when I said that I was a very happy man, Zarbon?"

Zarbon nodded, unsure if this was a trick question.

"Scratch that." Frieza commented.

"You are no longer happy, sire?"

A throaty chuckle escaped his lips, "No, I'm ecstatic!"

Confusion reigned on Zarbon's features, "Am I missing something?"

Frieza glance out of the window at Vegeta-sei, the stars surrounding it in an envelope of beauty, he sneered. "You have a lot to learn soldier." He commented softly and began to explain exactly what he was up to. For a handsome man and brilliant warrior, Zarbon could be rather dense at times, he mused to himself quietly.

***************************************************************< /div>

Bulma found herself flying backwards, sprawling herself on the ground. She immediately found herself being covered by an extremely large Saiya-jin body. She coughed as the dust swirled around them, Bulma didn't know that she was badly burned from the explosion. She couldn't see anything within a two foot radius.

"Bardock?" She croacked as she felt the weight of the man on top of her.

He was unconscious.

Debris of wood had been scattered everywhere and the dust still had not settled. Her eyes widened as she caught sight of her entire desk ignite into flames. She wheezed as the smoke filled her lungs and hacked on a choking cough. Trying to shift under the weight of Bardock, she moaned as she realised that they were going to be burned alive in the lab if someone didn't come to them in time.

Feeling blackness surround her eyes, she screamed out loud with all her might, as well as telepathically. Calling to anyone and anything that could her them, knowing that Saiya-jins were extremely attuned to their telepathic abilities. Her voice trailed off as she grew weaker by the second, for once not feeling fear as she knew she was going to die. Blackness enveloped her like a comforting blanket, freeing her from her misery.

***************************************************************< /div>

Radditz almost ran over the angered Prince. He growled unintentionally at the smaller Saiya-jin. Although he was smaller in size, Vegeta was greater than him in power by tenfold.

"Radditz!" Vegeta hissed fiercely as he was almost shunned by the large Saiya-jin guard.

"Vegeta no Ouji, I cannot stop. Forgive me!" He began to dash away, when he came crashing to his feet by the blow Vegeta delt on his neck.

"Fool. How dare you act this way towards your Prince!" He growled as he felt an unsettling feeling in the pit of his stomach. His surroundings began to fade away, he tried desperately to hold onto his bearings. With a lurch, he himself fell to his knees. He roared a battle cry as he felt as though his skin was on fire.

Radditz frowned, and hesitated before he shook Vegeta. "Sire, what is the matter?" He had no time for this, he had to get to where his help was needed!

Vegeta shook his head sharply and abruptly stopped roaring and stood up, taking Radditz with him and holding the front of his shirt. "What did you do to me?" He asked menacingly.

Radditz's eyes widened, "Nothing your highness." Realisation smacked him hard in the face. The bite mark, the bond.

Vegeta was about knock Radditz down again for answering him back, when he saw an odd look cross his face.

"Your highness, we have to get to the labs immediately!"

"Why?" He asked snapping.

"There's been a terrible accident involving my father and-"

"I don't care about your father," Vegeta growled shoving Radditz backwards.

Radditz resisted the urge to sock him one in the jaw, "-and Bulma." He added quietly.

Vegeta's stony resolve broke slightly. Without waiting for an answer, he began making his own way to the labs to see how much damage was done. Could the effects of the bond have already started taking their effects? Was what happened to him a moment ago the result of Bulma's pain? These questions flew through his head as Radditz followed him with equal urgency, making their way to the labs.

They both began phasing in their haste, thus reaching the labs which were located far away from the palace, much faster than anticipated.

The entire large building had been evacuated and people were gathering outside of the building, mumbling in shock.

"What happened?" Vegeta barked at one of the scientists.

The short man was startled at the appearance of his Prince and bowed in respect. "Vegeta no Ouji, there was an explosion in one of the lower level underground labs. We are not sure if it was occupied at the time of the explosion."

Vegeta narrowed his eyes and turned to stare at Radditz, who was already making his way into the large building. He followed without hesitation and both stepped into the elevator, making their way downwards to the underground lab.

As the lab doors opened, Vegeta could honestly say he was shocked by the devastation that had been caused.

"Shit! How the fuck did this happen?" Radditz cried. He dived into the blazing inferno, trying to find any signs of life.

Vegeta folded his arms, refusing to go in any further and instead standing near the elevator doors, watching as Radditz looked around frantically. He was a warrior, not a rescuer on a mission.

Radditz coughed, his eyes honed in on two unconscious figures in the corner of the room. Risking his own safety, he stumbled towards them and heaved the heavy Saiya-jin man over his right shoulder and carried the small Chikyuu-jin in the crook of his arms. He didn't notice the extent of damage that had been done to the smooth creamy skin.

Carefully, Radditz made his was back to the elevator shaft and noticed Vegeta standing there, an impending scowl implanted on his face. His eyes flickered slightly as he caught sight of the Chikyuu-jin in the crook of his arm, hanging limply.

"Give her to me." Vegeta demanded, Radditz complied without argument. The good thing about being Saiya-jin was their strong resilient skin and natural born strength. Something which his father had not possessed, therefore the result of his being unconscious due to the meager blast.

Vegeta hadn't looked closely at Bulma and both Saiya-jins stepped silently into the elevator, going back up to ground level with Vegeta carrying Bulma and Radditz carrying his father.

It was amazing how the top half of the labs had not been affected at all by the blast, it seemed as though only the under ground labs had been affected by the explosion. Vegeta caught the eye of a lingering Saiya-jin. "Nappa!" He barked.

Nappa was immediately by Vegeta's side, "Yes sire?"

Vegeta growled, confused as to why the elite was here but dismissed it, "Get the clean up crew and have them deal with the mess on the lower level."

Nappa bowed and left instantly.

This time, Vegeta looked down at the female in his arms and was almost shocked to the core by the extent of damage done on her. Parts of her dress were torn or burned into her flesh, the stench of singed hair never did feel so sickening to him.

Bulma's face was burned on the entire right side, in fact the entire right side of her body had been burnt badly. Vegeta reeled at the horrific appearance of the tiny Chikyuu-jin. Radditz had now joined him and had looked with even more shock as he saw Bulma's beautiful features marred with burns and cuts.

How ironic it was that she had tried to veil her ugliness by using costumes and disguises? Now she would never have to hide behind a veil of ugliness, because her burns spoke volumes that she would have no need to hide her beauty, for she would no longer be considered beautiful from this point.

She would place her beauty under a veil of burns, a permanent mask.

***************************************************************< /div>

A/N: There you have it chapter seven! How did you guys like that chapter? And what is Frieza up to? Poor Bulma, I really am putting her through hell aren't I?

Anyway, please let me know what you thought of that chapter, opinions welcome! Thank you.