Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Veil ❯ Traitor ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Please, please forgive me for the long delay on updating. School work has just been getting on top of me. Also I've had writer's block for my other fic and I haven't updated that in ages as well (I will do so tomorrow) Anyway, I just want to thank everyone for the reviews! On with the story!

Sorry for the confusion about the regen tank. It's all explained in this chapter!

***************************************************************< /div>

How ironic it was that she had tried to veil her ugliness by using costumes and disguises? Now she would never have to hide behind a veil of ugliness, because her burns spoke volumes that she would have no need to hide her beauty, for she would no longer be considered beautiful from this point.

She would place her beauty under a veil of burns, a permanent mask.

***************************************************************< /div>

Bulma groaned as she stiffly rolled to her right side. Her throat felt thick and dry, her joints creaking like as if they needed to be oiled. Stifling a yawn, she mustered up enough strength to open her eyes.

As she did so, she realised she was in a place that she didn't recognize, even though it was dark she knew she had no recollection of this place. Sitting up at a snail's pace, she gazed around at the dark room frowning at the lack of colour in the room.

She silently wondered where she was. In the corner of her eye she saw large figure sitting hunched on a chair. Bulma turned her head and tried to focus her eyes whilst rubbing the sleep out of them.

Her lips, slightly dry and cracked, parted in surprise at the figure, "Radditz?" She whispered out to the sleeping figure.

Radditz jerked at the quiet whisper. He looked about for a moment, dazed by the rude awakening. Well, you could hardly call it rude when all that had woken him was a whisper, but Saiya-jin ears were sensitive, he mused to himself.

He made his way to the side of the woman laying in the bed, "What is it?"

Bulma struggled to stay sitting, but found herself flopping back down onto the hard bed, exhausted. "What happened? I-I can't remember much. All I remember is that something fell and then there was an explosion." Her eyes widened, "Where's Bardock? Is he ok?" She asked worriedly.

Raddiz grunted, "He is well. Which was more than I could have said for you."

He stared intently at the porcelain skin that now graced her face. It had been a good two days since she was placed in the rejuvenation tank, and the burns on her face had healed miraculously. They had just removed her from the tank earlier in the day and he had been by her side in his room ever since then.

In truth he thought that the burns would not fade at all, even if she had been placed in the tank. It was safe to say that they all had their doubts for her healing, she was after all non Saiya-jin.

Bulma bit her lip, chewing on it thoughtfully, "I feel fine now, just a little sore.." She said softly, "Who got us out of the lab?" She asked curiously.

Radditz's cheeks burned as he looked at the floor, avoiding eye contact. "Myself and Vegeta no Ouji."

Bulma's eyes clouded in hate and anger, "You should have just left me to burn then," she spat.

Radditz looked at her abruptly and snarled, "Don't be a fool."

Her anger dissipated, a sad smile playing on her lips, "Yeah, a fool.." She trailed off and looked intensely into his eyes.

An awkward silence fell between the pair.

Bulma shifted uncomfortably, and spoke on impulse. "Where are we?"

Radditz cleared his throat, "In my... Home."

Bulma looked at him, puzzled. "Home?"

He nodded impatiently, "Yes."

"I thought you lived on the palace grounds?" She kept pushing her luck with all these questions.

Radditz looked at her briefly and scowled, "Not everyone is lucky enough to live on the palace grounds." He said sarcastically.

"Is your home far from the palace?"

He shrugged, "Ten minutes by flight."

She sighed, "Is this your room?"

He nodded mutely, getting tired of her questioning. He was about to leave the room, when her soft voice stopped him.

"Will I have to go back?" She asked tentatively.

He turned back, mildly surprised. "What?"

"Do I have to go back to the palace?"

He looked at her pleading eyes and felt his resolve crumble. He nodded in affirmation and felt his chest tighten as he saw the crestfallen look on her face. Even though he knew he shouldn't say anything, he couldn't help himself. "It was enough hassle in getting them to allow me to bring you to my home in the first place." He stated gruffly.

Bulma's eyes glazed over in shock, "Why did you bring me to your house?"

"I was not about to let you stay in the palace with-" His quiet rage was cut off as Bulma made her way slowly out of the bed. He watched as she tried to stand unsuccessfully. As her knees buckled at the pressure, he found himself phasing to her side and catching her in time.

"Idiot. You are too weak to stand as of yet." He growled gruffly as he held her small form close to him.

Bulma wanted to laugh at his gentleness, it didn't suit him one bit. She turned in his arms and embraced him tightly, "Thank you." She said, her voice muffled as she pressed her face into his chest.

His brow furrowed in confusion, "Why?"

She looked up and sighed, "For bringing me back here with you. I don't think I could have stayed in that Kami foresaken palace another moment." She shuddered, memories of her ordeal with Vegeta returning full force.

Radditz's jaw twitched, "You won't be here for long." He extracted himself from her warm embrace, all too reluctantly, and set her back down on the bed again. "Stay here. You have not eaten in two days, I will get you something." He made a hasty retreat out of the door, for the first time he was afraid of what he might do if he got too close to the tiny ningen.

Bulma chuckled inwardly as she saw a faint blush grace his cheeks as he left. She sat on the bed, her shoulders slowly slumping into a dejected stance. She had made a bargain with Frieza to join his force, something that she was momentarily regretting as Bardock's words echoed through her mind. She closed her eyes and waited rigidly on the bed for Radditz to return.

***************************************************************< /div>

Vegeta growled hatefully at his father. The Chikyuu-jin had been in the rejuvenation tank for two days, and he had just found out the earlier in the morning she had been taken to a soldier's home.

"How could you let a lowly soldier take her to -his- home?" He fumed at his oh-so smug father.

King Vegeta raised his brow, "Careful Vegeta, if I didn't know any better I'd say that you cared for the traitor's well being."

Vegeta snarled, unconsciously defending Bulma, "She is not a traitor. She does not know of Frieza's crime."

King Vegeta narrowed his eyes, "What I want to know is, why did she accept his offer?"

Vegeta knew all to well why Bulma had decided to leave Vegeta-sei, but he refused this knowledge to be passed onto his father. "How should I know, you old fool! Enough of this mindless chatter, I need to train." He began to storm off without waiting for an answer from his father.

King Vegeta looked at his son's retreating back suspiciously, he had an inkling that Vegeta had something to do with Bulma's hasty decision. "Don't you want to know which soldier has taken her in?"

Vegeta stopped and growled, but turned around anyway.

King Vegeta had to laugh at his son's lack of intelligence, "Radditz. Of course they are by themselves right now, apart from Kakkarot who may be with them."

Vegeta snarled and quickly exited the throne room. He knew that Radditz had feelings for Bulma, he was no blind after all. He didn't know when this had happened, but as of late he found himself thinking more and more of the blue haired female.

Walking briskly out of the palace gates he looked up at the dark night sky. He took to the sky in an instant, making his way quickly towards the two brothers' home. He would soon return to the palace with Bulma by his side, and he would find a way to persuade her not to join Frieza's legion. If she did not return with him, then he would be at a lost for solutions.

He had mated with her and there was nothing he could do. He had to stop her from leaving the planet, for if she did then the pressure of the bond would weigh down on both of them until they snapped.

Bulma was his ticket to survival, if something happened to her and she died, he would suffer an unexplainable pain, something which he couldn't even comprehend and even death would be a release instead of the pain.

Pain was what Vegeta was all about, but he had never experienced the pain caused by the legend of bonded mates

***************************************************************< /div>

Brolli looked at the lizzard on the screen, secretly hiding his disgust. "Lord Frieza, the plan has been set into action. I just saw Vegeta no Ouji take off for commander Radditz's home in search of the female scientist."

Frieza looked back at the screen and yawned, "Good. That will be all my little monkey." He cackled at his own joke and motioned for Zarbon to switch off the large monitor.

Brolli sat and looked at the blank screen, he growled in a barely controlled anger. He hated Frieza and he hated the Chikyuu-jin female. This was the only way in which he could eliminate both problems, while still remaining honorable to the throne.

Pacing around his room, he thought back to when Bardock had announced that she would become Deputy Head of the science department. He had worked hard for so many years, but this new alien came and took away his hard work in a heart beat. And that was unforgivable. Soon she would be gone, along with Frieza. His plans were working like a well oiled machine, he couldn't help but laugh at everyone's ignorance of him as a threat.

***************************************************************< /div>

A/N: Sorry that was so short, next chapter will be longer I promise! Please review and let me know what you guys thought of that chapter.

So yeah, Brolli is the traitor! What do you guy's think of that little twist? (Remember he was in chapter three!)