Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Veil ❯ Emotions ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Thank you all for the great reviews!

To Dawn Moon: The glowing of his eyes happened because of the bond, it's part of the Saiya-jin mating aspect. Thanks for the review!

To blingbling21: Forgive me if that chapter offended you. Believe me it was not my intention in doing that. But I would like to set one thing straight, Bulma is still afraid of him and she still hates him. It's only because of the uncompleted bond that she reacted the way she did. (The blue colour of Vegeta's eyes were pulling her towards him, demanding that she finish the bond). I'm sorry if there was some confusion, Bulma will definately NOT be going back to Vegeta right now and you are completely right, it's just too soon. Thank you for the comment, I appreciate your opinion.

***************************************************************< /div>

Bulma felt as though she were soaring.

But only for that night, and that night only.

***************************************************************< /div>

As Bulma opened her eyes, she got the odd feeling of Deja Vu. When she rubbed her eyes and sat up, memories of the previous night hit her like a ton of bricks. She gasped as if she had been punched, and looked around frantically for any sign of Vegeta.

She didn't know what was wrong with her the previous night, she had acted out of impulse, forgetting all the mishaps that had happened with Vegeta before that. Feeling nauseous, she stood nakedly on shaky feet from the large Saiya-jin bed.

She was disgusted with herself, by what she had done and what she felt. If she had ever hated Vegeta with a passion, it was right now at its greatest. All she wanted to do was curl up into a tiny ball and imagine the pain of her emotions away.

She also berated herself for doing such a thing when what she needed to be doing was tending to Radditz. Poor, sweet Radditz, laying hurt and here she was doing the unthinkable.

The room began to spin and she crumpled to the floor, there was a thick bittersweet taste of something left in her mouth. She couldn't quite put her finger on what it was. In fury she let out an animalistic cry, directed towards herself and Vegeta, she ripped the bed sheet from its place and uncermoniously covered her bare form with it.

She vaguely heard the noise of water running from the connecting bathroom.

Tears sprang to her eyes, realizing that she was a terrible person. Another wave of nausea crashed down on her, drowning out her grief at her actions. She had been broken, it was official. She was no longer the woman who had called herself 'Bulma' on Chikyuu-sei. She felt like and empty shell of her former self, all hope was now lost.

She distinctly remembered how she had agreed with Vegeta that she would not leave Vegeta-sei, in order to join Frieza. She was stuck her with the one person she hated and feared the most. Forever.

***************************************************************< /div>

Vegeta had awoken long before Bulma. As he looked down on her, a satisfied smirk played on his lips. He had finally gotten exactly what he needed from her, for her to complete the bond. With the strength of the bond, he could grow stronger and finally defeat Frieza.

Of course being bonded to her did have its set back, for instance if she was hurt in any way then he would feel it. But it was the price he had to pay for biting her in the first place, of course if was unintentional after all and so he had to live with the consequences.

Extracting himself, he made his way into the connecting bathroom to wash away the smell of -her-. If any of the Saiya-jins caught word of this then it would not be recieved well. He was supposed to take a Saiya-jin female as a mate, not a lowly Chikyuu-jin, but as he thought before, it couldn't be helped.

***************************************************************< /div>

Bulma sat, wrapped in the bed sheet, her teeth chattering from the cold emotions that had run through her. Never in her life had she felt so dirty. Her eyes had dried up like the desert, no tears were left to extricate from her eyes. She was numb, completely and utterly numb.

In the background she heard a door creak open from the side of her. As she looked up with empty eyes she locked her gaze onto Vegeta's. She wanted to flinch, to run away and hide. She wanted to go back to Chikyuu-sei and cry to her Daddy, like she had many times before when she was a child. But he wasn't the same person that sent her here to this nightmare land, was it?

Vegeta's gruff tone brought her back out of her reverie, "Get up off the floor, Onna."

Bulma wrapped the bed sheet around her, and numbly stood up to his command.

Vegeta narrowed his eyes, he was mildly surprised at the way Bulma lacked reaction to what he was saying. He didn't know what it was, but she was not the same person she had been the night before.

Bulma stood and stared at the floor.

He tried once again to goad her into saying something to him, more obviously an argument. "You look like trash, do you know that? I demand you clean yourself up." His tone was harsh with hardly any remorse. He waited for her to scream at him.

Bulma didn't say anything.

She wouldn't give him the benefit, instead she made her way slowly to the bathroom that had just been occupied by Vegeta.

Now Vegeta had become increasingly angry. He didn't know what was going on. As she passed him he grabbed her upper arm and gripped it tightly, as he had done the night before at Radditz's house.

Bulma looked up blankly at his angry, yet confused face.

"Say something." He hissed.

Bulma focused on his chin, instead of his intense gaze that was penetrating into her eyes. "What do you want me to say?" She asked lifelessly.

Vegeta was caught off guard with the rhetorical question. He growled, "There is something you must know." He said slowly, with purpose.

Bulma tried not to tremble in fear as she heard the roughness of his tone. Instead she stood steadfastedly and looked down at the royal blue carpet.

Vegeta continued to speak, "After the previous night, no word of our bond can be uttered. If anyone finds out, it will be your head. And mine." He added.

Upon noticing that she wasn't answering, he spoke on. "That is why I have come to the decision that you will be pronounced dead. You will disguise yourself as my concubine, rid yourself of that blue hair and reside in the palace's harem."

Bulma's head snapped up, fire began burning in her eyes once again. Another blow had been dealt to her pride.

Another reason she had no purpose to live. After all, she would already be dead to the enitre Saiya-jin community. Everyone would believe that she would be non-existant. She placed a stony mask on her features.

Vegeta watched as the emotions flitted across her porcelain face. Fury burned in her eyes, but as soon as it had ignited, the fury dissipated once again and left cold and empty eyes. He was almost afraid at what was happening, almost. "See to it that your disguise is worthy enough to hide your true appearance." He paused and lifted her chin up with his hand, "But make sure you don't lose any of your beauty," he said rather cruelly.

She finally found her voice, "W-what do I do all day?" She shook from head to toe but was adamant about letting any emotions show on her face.

Vegeta shrugged, "You will privately work on your machines in my chambers by day. And by night fall, you are mine." He breathed this into her ear, trying to see if he could tempt her.

Bulma tried to pull herself away, and succeeded.

Vegeta let her go reluctantly, he had no idea what had gotten into her. She seemed willing last night. "I will send a tailor to form a disguise for you. I shall tell him not to leave until I return, tell him if he does then I will kill him. At present, you are to stay within the chambers and not leave to go anywhere. Understood?"

Bulma nodded mutely.

"I will be in the training arena.." He uncertainly trained off, never had he spoken as much as he had right now. Bulma was not replying to his comments, which made it all the more difficult to converse with her. Especially when they were not having their verbal spars.

He sneered and roughly threw her back down on the ground, spinning around he stormed out of the room in search of his sparring partner.

***************************************************************< /div>

As the door slammed behind Vegeta, she choked on a heart wrenching sob. She had been stripped of her life, dignity and identity. What else could possibly happen to her that was as terrible as this?

Her thoughts wandered back to Radditz. The only light in the darkness that surrounded her. But now that light had been wrenched from her grasp as well. She realized that she would no longer be able to see if, if she was supposedly 'dead'. Nor would she see Kakarott or Bardock..

She tried to cry, but the tears would not escape form her eyes. She had been cut off completely from the outside world, only to reside in Vegeta's chamber and see him and him alone, day in and day out.

It was funny that she had only just come out of the veil of her disguise, only to be castrated back into another disguise. One that she would much rather cast aside then have anything to do with, but she knew that she had no choice.

She crawled her way to the bathroom, losing the last of her hope for escape and survival.

***************************************************************< /div>

Frieza's tail lashed around behind his small frame. He was in a very amused mood. "How long until we reach Vegeta-sei, Zarbon?" His voice was graced with sadistic mirth. Soon, he thought to himself, very soon.

Zarbon looked at his Lord from the corner of his eye as he spoke. Something was not right. "Just over a day, Lord Frieza." He tried to gain control over his voice which had a slight tremor in it.

Frieza narrowed his eyes at his loyal soldier, "Is something the matter Zarbon?" He asked suspiciously.

Zarbon shook his head profusely, "Nothing, Lord Frieza."

Frieza smirked slightly, "Don't worry Zarbon, my plan is full proof. You need not exert your brainless head over the details. Just waited and see."

Zarbon nodded and resumed looking over the pilots who were navigating the ship. He couldn't help but feel slightly odd at the manic expression that passed across his master's face.

***************************************************************< /div>

Radditz's eyes snapped open. He looked from the green fluid, to be greeted with the young mirror image of his father. He motioned for his younger brother to switch off the rejuvenation tank.

Kakarott had been watching his brother's sleeping form, when suddenly his eyes had snapped open. It was now morning, and true to his suspicions, Radditz had remained in the tank for the entire evening. He pressed the large red button, draining the fluid from the tank.

Opening the lid of the tank, Radditz stood up feeling renewed and refreshed. He stepped out and silently retrieved his clothing. As he placed on the attire, he looked at his brother. "Did you protect the ningen?"

Kakarott shook his head, "There was no need, I knew that Vegeta no Ouji would not harm her."

Radditz growled in anger, "Kakarott, the Prince is unstable. There is no telling in what he could have done."

Kakarott shrugged, "Yes I know, brother. But I have also known Vegeta no Ouji on a personal basis for most of my life. He will not harm her." He trusted the Saiya-jin Prince, no matter what anyone else said about him.

Radditz curled his upper lip into a sneer, "For your sake you better be right. We better get going, we've already missed part of the morning's training session in the arena and I dare say Vegeta no Ouji will not be pleased."

His brother nodded in agreement and was about to follow him out when he stopped.

Radditz frowned, "What?"

"Is father alright?" Kakarott asked softly.

Radditz's eyes softened fractionally. "He is resting in the science servants' quarters."

Kakarott lowered his head, sad that his father had to lead the life of a servant.

Radditz stood up squarely, "Come." He walked briskly out of the room, with his younger brother in tow.

Halfway through their journey towards the training arena, they unexpectedly bumped into none other than Vegeta himself. Much to Radditz's torment.

***************************************************************< /div>

Vegeta had been deep in thought about Bulma's behaviour as he made his way towards the training arena. He could not understand her complete change in demeanor, his thoughts came to a halt as he approached two recognisable guards.

Vegeta watched as they bowed in respect, well Kakarott bowed in respect. Radditz bowed out of obligation.

Kakarott was about to openely address the Prince, when he remembered that he was in front of his brother. He put himself back in his place, "Forgive me for my impertinence Vegeta no Ouji, but do you know where Bulma-san is? My father was searching for her," he knew he shouldn't have lied, but it was the only way to find out about the Chikyuu-jin.

Radditz silently congratulated his younger brother on his defiance and lie.

Vegeta's jaw twitched, "She is no more." It was Vegeta's turn to lie.

Radditz held back a growl, "No more, sire?" He questioned shakily.

Vegeta smirked, "That's right. Let's just say the little Chikyuu-jin had a little accident. She is no longer a habitant of this dimension." His tone was mocking as if he had put his words in lamens terms, with no regret or remorse.

Radditz wanted to roar out in pain, but stayed silent as the words reverberated against his soul. The only female he saw as worthy to be with, the female he had inadvertedly learned to love, was no longer alive.

The shock was incomparable to Radditz, never had a person's death affected him so much.

Vegeta snorted and walked away to the arena, flying for the final few hundred meters.

When he was out of sight, Radditz fell to his knees and broke the heavy silence with an bone shattering roar.

He growled, his eyes began to glow a red ruby colour and his breath was raspy as he tried to control his emotions. One thing kept pushing its way into his mind:

The one he had grown to love, was dead.

Gone forever.

Kakarott watched in awe as his brother tried to pull himself together. This had been the first outburst of emotion he had seen from his elder brother. Guilt weighed down on him, it had been his fault that Bulma was dead. He had willingly given her to Vegeta, not knowing the extent of Vegeta's hatred towards the ningen. Never had he felt guilty. He was deeply saddened, and as he watched as his brother's rage grew, for once in his life he felt helpless. He mourned for the life of the beautiful Chikyuu-jin female.

Kakarott prayed that Radditz wouldn't do anything brash in his anger.

One phrase kept spinning around in Radditz's mind as he did everything in his power to control his feelings:

The one he had grown to love, was dead.

Gone forever.

Another tremendous howl of anger emanated from his throat as Radditz stared up at the odd coloured sky of Vegeta-sei. His actions were drawing a small crowd, curious as to what could have caused so much anger in the large terrifying Saiya-jin.

Radditz abruptly stood up and made his way purposely towards the training arena, the direction that Vegeta had gone.

There was only one thing in his mind at that moment:

*The one he had grown to love, was dead.

Gone forever.

Killed,

By the Saiya-jin no Ouji.*

And now it was Radditz's duty to kill the Prince for taking away his only escape from the darkness of the corrupt and bloody Saiya-jin race.

Kakarott watched wide-eyed, and followed his brother to make sure he did not do anything to endager himself.

As he made his way to the arena, for the very first time Radditz realized that he had learned to love. It was a love that was so far one sided, on his part. It was a love before time.

***************************************************************< /div>

~*~When the forest turns to jade,

And the stories that we've made,

Dissolve away,

One shining light will still remain.

When we shed our earthly skin,

And when our real life begins,

There'll be no shame.

Just the love that we have made before time.~*~

Radditz knew that Bulma was his one shining light, that light had now been extinguished. He growled in pure rage and flared his ki to it's maximum.

***************************************************************< /div>

A/N: There you go, Chapter 10! Hope you guys enjoyed it. Please review and let me know what you thought of it. Thank you.