Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Veil ❯ Morning ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey there, here's the next chapter of this story. It's going to finish soon if people were wondering.. Well not that soon heheh.

Hope you like this chapter. Thanks for your reviews!

**************************************************************** *******

The smell of freshly ground coffee permeated through the air in the Capsule Corp. compound. Bulma flinched as the wafting smell entered her nose. A small smile flitted across her face as she realized she was at home and not on some faraway planet. She had received the best night's sleep in a long while. Now fully rested, she found herself jumping out of bed. She was never a morning person, but today she felt rejuvenated.

Bounding into the bathroom that was connected to her own room, she smiled at the reflection she had missed so dearly. Her silky blue hair was knotted and her eyes were slightly puffy due to the extra sleep, but she felt great!

She had already moved her things back into her room, even if it was temporarily. Her heart was singing with happiness.

After she showered and cleaned herself thoroughly, she stepped into some of her clothes she had left behind. Slipping into her favourite black tank top and baggy indigo jeans, she looked into the mirror of her dressing table. It seemed a while since she had made the effort to look nice and today seemed fitting to do so.

The smell of coffee was all too much for her to bear. Running a brush through her hair, she found herself bounding down the spiral stairs towards the kitchen. She burst through the door, crying out, "What's for breakfast, Mom?"

She stopped dead in her tracks as she found Vegeta sitting at the breakfast table, a scowl implanted on his face. He looked up momentarily and locked his gaze onto hers. The previous night had been a breakthrough. For once Vegeta hadn't seemed all that scary to Bulma, but now as he stared at her in full force, the chills that ran down her spine before had unfortunately returned.

"Morning," she said hesitantly.

When he didn't answer, she looked around the large kitchen hoping to see a glimpse of her mother. When she couldn't spot her, she braced herself and dared to ask Vegeta. "Have you seen my mother?"

Vegeta grunted, the scowl deepening. "How should I know where that lunatic of a woman has gone?"

When Bulma simply stared at him and didn't reply, he continued. "Besides, she said something odd about going to get some pastries."

Bulma smiled at him briefly, "Good!" She paused for a moment as she saw him sitting and not doing anything. "Would you like some coffee?"

Vegeta frowned, giving Bulma the once over. She seemed different somehow, more revitalized. He wondered if this strange creature was the same woman on Vegeta-sei. It made Vegeta feel like he never really knew the real Bulma. "What is this 'coffee'? Is it another mindless drug you humans poison yourself with?"

Bulma giggled at his lack of knowledge about her planet. "No silly, it's something humans drink in the morning. Now, would you like some?"

"Very well, if it is not poison, I shall have some."

She grinned at him and walked to the counter, flipping the switch on the coffee filter. "Where are Bardock and Kakarott?"

"Exploring," he said in disgust. He didn't approve of his subjects' interest in this measly planet.

"That's nice." Bulma said absentmindedly, staring out of the large window.

An unnerving silence fell between the pair.

To combat the deadly silence, Bulma flipped the switch of the radio. the DJ's voice echoed throughout the large condition.

Vegeta frowned as the voice from the radio began to speak. He wondered why humans bothered themselves with such trivial entertainment. All Saiya-jins ever needed was a good fight in the gladiator ring. Yet these humans wasted their intellect, which is the only thing they have, on trivial things.

"Hey all you cool cats and dudettes, your listening Radio F2000. Here is a song for all you lovers out there. It's Hanging By A Moment by Lifehouse."

Bulma smiled as she heard the song's title, it was her favourite song of the moment, well since she left for Vegeta-sei.

As the guitar began , Bulma started to sing along quietly as she began to prepare pancakes along with the coffee. "Desperate for changing, starving for truth. I'm closer where I started, chasing after you. I'm falling even more in love with you, letting go of all I've held onto. I'm standing here until you make me move, I'm hanging by a moment here with you."

Tapping her foot, she began to mix the batter, oblivious to Vegeta's presence.

As the full rock orchestral instruments entered, Bulma felt her whole body move to the music as she stirred the batter. Man, she had missed listening to music!

Vegeta watched in mild amusement at the form of Bulma bopping and singing along to the music. He had to admit that it was an interest music, even though Vegeta-sei did have this type of entertainment, it wasn't really cared for and so not many people delved into music. Yet humans had seemed to have found the fine art of music and had developed it rather well. A small smile played on his lips. He had never seen Bulma this truly happy, and he felt a slight warmth in his chest as he watched her sing and bop. He listened to the words of the song and tilted his head.

He came to the conclusion that all humans were very high strung on love.

When the song faded out, Bulma found herself sighing contentedly. It had been a while since she had let loose like that and it felt nice. She looked over at Vegeta and caught him staring at her, with a small smile or smirk across his face. She opted for the latter. She smiled back slowly, much to his surprise.

"I'm making some food before my mother gets here with the pastries. I know that you Saiya-jins need more food than us humans."

"That is because Saiya-jins are a superior race to humans." He retorted.

Bulma glared at him, "Keep telling yourself that Vegeta, but it will never be true." Then she did something extremely childish, she stuck her tongue out at him.

Vegeta merely smirked at her anger. "That is where you are wrong, Onna."

Bulma rolled her eyes, "I do have a name you know!"

"Oh yes, I forgot. It's Baka isn't it?"

Her mouth dropped open at his insolence, "How dare you-?"

"Save it. And save your food too. I will be outside training. You had better made the new machine and fighting bots by tonight."

"TONIGHT?" She shrieked.

"If not the consequences will be dire." He threatened.

Bulma gulped and realized it was no time to argue. "Fine, but if they malfunction, only you'll be to blame."

Vegeta nodded and stalked out to the back yard where he resumed his meditative training. The only reason he had left was because she had been causing him to feel things that were alien to him and he didn't like it. If she would not leave his thoughts, then he would train until that was all he thought about. Defeating Frieza.

*****

"Bulma?" Yamcha's voice called down the corridor of the entrance way.

Bulma smiled and spoke out from the kitchen, "In here Yamcha!"

Yamcha motioned for his companion to keep quiet and follow him into the kitchen.

When Bulma looked up from the pan, she was at a loss for words. "G-goku?" She stuttered.

Goku grinned at his old and dear friend. "Hey Bulma!"

She smiled and ran up to him, she hadn't seen him in so long, that she was shocked to have heard from him. "Wow, have you been working out?" She asked in amazement at his large and burly figure.

Goku chuckled, "I guess you could say that."

As she embraced him, she saw a tiny figure behind his leg. Looking down she spoke in a confused manner. "Goku, who's the little boy?"

"Huh?" Goku looked around stupidly, realization dawned on him. "Oh this little tike," he pulled the little boy to the front of him. "Bulma meet my son, Gohan."

Bulma gaped at the little boy. "Y-you mean you and that little witch Chi Chi-?"

"Uh, yeah." He interrupted before Bulma could say any more insults.

"Hi," Gohan said shyly.

The shocked look on Bulma's face melted away. "Oh, isn't he just a little darling! He reminds me so much of you Goku! I can hardly see Chi Chi in him." She winked.

Goku chuckled in embarrassment.

A noise from the door way was brought to Bulma's attention. She smiled at the pair of men walking in. "Bardock, Kakarott, I'd like you meet my friend Goku."

Goku smiled as he turned around. His face dropped at the sight of the two large men.

Bardock and Kakarott looked at each other in shock and mild horror.

"So," Goku said quietly, in a threatening tone. His eyes narrowed into two tiny slits, as if he were about to pounce on someone. "We meet again."

**************************************************************** *******

A/N: AHA! hehehe So funny! SO what is this new development? They know each other?
How does this affect their relationship. Find out in the next chapter!

Sorry to cut this so short, an emergency came up and I had to stop there.

Till next time, Ja ne!