Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What We're Gonna Go Now? ❯ Stuck In A Moment ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclamer: Blah, blah, blah... I don't own it, so don't try to sue me. If I had any money for it, I'd buy myself a new chair and a scanner ^_~.

AN: Hehe... I wanted to update last Friday, but I had so much work, that I had to keep myself from going mad. This week I had 7 classworks, 8 tests and a project to do... Arrgh... I waana hollyday!!!

Chapter 6

Stuck In The Moment

Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care
Leave but don't leave me
Look around, chose your own ground
Long you live and high you fly
Smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
All you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be

Pink Floyd "Breathe"

Vegeta's POV

I must admit that wasn't very wise. When she said that, the most amusing thig was that I wasn't angry, becouse I knew that was true. Only thing that bothered me was that she knew this. But nevermind, I could live with that. I just figured that later we'd have a nice, civil conversation about it and none of us would ever bring the subject up again.

And I sometimes wonder - what kind of idiot I exactly am?

I thought it would be funny to scare her a little, and look angry, but instead of fear, concern was what I saw in her eyes. Now that, was strange. Sure, I know she cared about my well-being, but THAT much?!?!?! Huh?!? I swear, those ningens are the most annoying, frustrating and fascinating spieces I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. The funny thing about them is that they always talk about their feelings and then fight and hate eachother. I'm only saying that from an alien's point of view, but they're walking, takling and breathing paradoxes.

When they try to be "cool" they seem unfeeling, but they always say how much feelings mean to them. It's simply illogical for someone who wasn't raised on the planet by it's inhabitants, in their culture. That's why it'd normally take me years to understand the Woman, yet I have an odd feeling that I understand her compleatly. It's very strange how we're both similar, but we claim we're not - like black and white, for example. The truth is, we're both gray, but in slightly different tones.

And how we both make right things, and think that we make mistakes...

Bulma's POV

That man... Sayia-jin makes me nuts. At first, I thought that he's angry with me, but what he did later... I still blush as I recall that moment. He seemed to think about something for a moment, than looked into my eyes again, but this time whithout even a hint of anger. If I was a fan of harlequines, I'd say that we've been "lost in eachother eyes, searching for emotions that were hidden deep for a long time and than finally devoured eachother's mouth with sweet passion" or something like that, but for me, it just... happened. Like it was written in our life's script somewhere above us long, long time ago. I felt like... I was expecting it? Like I knew it would happen soon or later? I don't know, it just felt right. But we're supposed to be only friends, damnit! But right than, I wasn't thinking about consequences, only about him, and the way he was kissing me.

I must say that it was the best kiss in my entire life.

At first, it was very delicate, and kind of... I don't know how to say it... uncertain, but than turned deep and passoinate and I was suprised when I felt it was kind of desperate. Like he feared that I will disappear in a few seconds, and he won't see me again... But I liked that. For the first time in my life I felt really needed!

I don't know how long it lasted, but for us it felt like eons, and yet it seemed not long enough. When he pulled away, he just looked into my eyes and stared at me for a long lime. His normal expression was emotionless, and I could read it easily if I wanted to, but now it was so strange that I had no idea of what he was thinking. His eyes widened, he turned on his heel, and ran away. I could only look as he reached the door, stepped out and disappeared...

Vegeta

Kami, Kami, what HAVE I done?!?! How could I let this happen?!? She'll hate me now, and we will never get out of here! I was mindless at the moment, I wasn't sane... Maybe I'll just tell her that! She felt so good! But I'm a Sayia-jin no Ouji, I let no one near me! I did once and what happened? I admit that I was a coward, running away like that, but it was the only thing that I could do, damnit! Now, I must calm down... I suddenly stopped and realized that I'm in the middle of the street, surrounded with thousands of different creatures, and... I was lost.

I never took my time to explore this planet, becouse when I was in Freezer's army I was constantly on purging missions, and when I got here from Earth I was focused on my training. I stood in the same spot for a few minutes, and than started to wander around, trying to find a way to get home. I went down the street, hoping to find some kind of a sighn, anything that could lead me to the Woman. I was searching for good 2 hours now and I was very annoyed. I tried everything. Flying, searching for her ki and asking the pedestrians. But that didn't do. I couldn't spot the building that we lived in, becouse in our part of the capital, every Freezer's army buldings were all the same, and I couldn't sense her ki, 'cause she probably fell asleep. Than a though came to me. If... if that little fucker, Yamcha payed her a "visit", and something happened to her? For the first time in my life, an overhealing feeling of panic washed through me. What if something really happened, and I wasn't there to help her? I shook my head to clear my thoughts. It was ridiculous for A Sayia-jin to care so much for anything and anyone and I wasn't about to do so.

Than, suddenly, I heard a familliar voice behind me...

"Now, now, now... Who do we have here? Isn't it our favorite Little Prince...?"

Bulma

I just sat there, thinking. I came to a realization that I was very stupid, indeed, though it all felt right. Well what feels right is not always for the best... Or so I thought.

I was stupid when I fantasised about him being the perfect one... right after our kiss, but then I was violently snapped back to eality when he left. He left. I held him in high esteem, I stil do, but when he ran throught the door I had to face the painful thruth - he had an impressive (sometimes just too impresive) amount of courage to fight. He was always very brave. There was just one issue - his feelings or accually lack of them. He just panicked, didn't know what to do... right?

Just then when I was wallowing in self-pity, I heard a loud bang on the door. Thinking it was Vegeta, I quickly opened , but I almost fainted when I saw who was there... The creature smirked at my reaction and pulled me violently out of my apartament.

- It seems you have some serious problems, darling - he (or something what looked like a male) sneered and punched me in my abandomen. I doubled in pain, he caught me, and than I blacked out...

I'm really REALLY sorry that I was so late with posting this chapter and that it is so short!!!!! Forgive me!

Ja'ne

asia