Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ With A Jagged Edge ❯ More Trouble ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This was too much! What was he doing? But it felt good. So good to let loose like this, didn't it, Saiyan Prince? The voice inside his head grated even as it seduced. From deep inside himself, the being that was Vegeta fought against bonds that could never have held him had they been of the real world. But, in dreams, cottoncandy could be made to have the strength of steel.

The room inside his mind was dark, cold and devoid of anything remotely comforting. He was sititng on the floor, hands at his sides. Although he could move about, he could break through the barriers, around him like a transparent wall, shutting him within. He could see, as though watching from a television screen, what his physical self was doing and cringed even as he felt the surge of pleasure riding upwards into his body as he blasted Capsule Corp in oblivion.

He heard the now-familair and so very hated laughter echoing all around him. He felt as if he were in a deep well or a cavern, the way the sound was bouncing around. "Get out of my body, you..."

Don't be such a sorehead, Veggie! A child giggled, rushing up to make faces at him through the barrier. He snarled and lunged at her, but she was protected and knew it. The nine other children appeared, gawking and laughing.

Isn't he funny, Mistress?

Vegeta looked up to see a tall womanly figure. Different from the one he'd seen before. This one had pale, pale skin like alabastor, ebony eyes that had no light in them at all and a mouth like a red knife slash. Her hair was so white it was nearly translucent and rippled about her shoulders and down her back in a breeze of her own making. Though she was lacking in clothing, Vegeta did not find anything sexual about her at all. It was amost as if she were asexual, dispite being obviously female.

She wasn't standing behind the barriers. Reaching down, she traced her finger along his jawline. Growling, Vegeta tried to move towards her, to hurt her. But cried out in shock as he realized he was being held in place. He couldn't move a muscle. Being thus only served to fuel his anger more. He screamed names at the woman and the children, who were gasping in shocked delight, that would have turned any normal person's hair white.

Indeed, She agreed with the girl who'd spoken, He's very strong. I can feel the power he carries. He is a suitable host. You all should be very pleased with yourselves. Half an hour of playtime until your training.

A cheer went up and children started to babble amongst themselves.

Go on now, your wasting time! She turned back to Vegeta and smiled, almost kindly, Ah, such youth. It was really aweful about the way they came to me, you know, but...

"Is some new kind of torture, bitch?" Vegeta snapped, "Force me to listen to your asinine drivel until I kill myself?"

Oh, I highly doubt that you, the proud Saiyan Prince, could ever bring himself to take such...drastic measures.

"No," Vegeta agreed, his eyes like cold steel, "I'd much rather stay alive and destroy you."

Laughter like glass breaking echoed all around him. Finally she said; Oh, you are going to be fun! You have spirit! But, you should know one thing. Destroying me won't be as easy as you might like.

"It doesn't matter," He said, "I like a challenge."

Good, She leered at him, folding her arms across her breasts, So do I.

~*~*~

"No! Vegeta! Stop!" Bulma screamed over the sounds of her baby crying, "Why won't he listen?!"

Piccolo bared his teeth, hovering in mid-air, fists balled at his sides. His eyes were wide as a bead of sweat dripped from his brow beneath the turban he wore. His white cape fluttered out behind him in the wake of Vegeta's power. He could feel the enities inside the Saiyan Prince and knew, by more than the flicker of expression passing across Vegeta's face a moment ago, that the Saiyan was fighting his own inner battle...and not fairing very well.

"M-Maybe I did start this..." Tayven whispered, still standing next to Gohan and Goku, "They never showed up 'til I did..."

"Don't start thinking that!" Goku said, not looking at her, his eyes were on Vegeta, "Tayven, I have a feeling this...this evil has been lurking here for a long time..."

"Yes!" Piccolo glanced at them over his shoulder, "Tayven, your negative emotions were enough to manifest the house and your and Gohan's power together when you were trapped inside of it became enough to give the entity strength enough to mentally attack us...."

"You were attacked, Piccolo?" Gohan asked, "But you weren't near the house until the last second and..."

"It attacked me in my meditations, Gohan," Piccolo said, "I believe it wanted to control me as it has done Vegeta but my mind is far too disciplined to fall for such a trick."

Tayven listened to the exchange, her eyes on the ruined pile of rubble that was Capsule Corp as Vegeta finally stopped and turned around to face everyone. As he did so, she gasped, for she'd thought she'd seen a glimmer of his true self behind his eyes, but it was only there for a moment and was gone before she could say anything. Raising his arms outwards, an oddly female voice spoke from between his lips:

Playtime, Children!

Gasping, everyone watched as several thin whisps of white fog-like...things...flew out of Vegeta from everywhere on his body, making him writhe from the sensation and flew, one by one, into the others. Even as she shuddered at being taken over, she looked around and saw it happeneing to those around her. Piccolo, who'd looked shocked at first, went rigid in midair as one of the things entered him through his center and his eyes clouded over.

A manical grin appeared on his face and when he straighteded up, he laughed, the others joining in, sounding much like a pack of demented hyenas.

"Time for a little fun?" Goku smirked, "Mistress said we have a half an hour until training starts."

"Yeah!" Gohan said, "What is there to do around here?"

Tayven felt her power crackling around her, power she could now tap into fully with the entity guiding her actions; "I just wanna blow stuff up!"

"Nothing wrong with that!" Piccolo laughed, powering up, "Let's go!"

On the ground, Bulma and her parents watched with evil gleams in thier eyes. Bulma held Trunks tighter, for some reason he felt more like her doll than her son, something to carry around and perhaps play with later, and said to her parents; "Lets follow them! I want to see some action!"

"Yes!" Bunny cried, "That does sound nice!"

"Right behind you, Bulma, Dear!"