Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ With A Jagged Edge ❯ Games ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The children were having the time of thier lives. People screamed and died, things were being destroyed. Utterly. The creature inside Vegeta fairly squealed with glee. This was her meat and milk! This was her reason for being!

She held one frantically flailing weakling up the neck with Vegeta's hand in midair, manipulating his other into a fist and driving it into her victim's stomach before twisting his neck until she heard a sharp snap. Throwing the lifeless body onto the heap of rubble, ash and bloodied corpses, she used Vegeta's eyes to turn and see how the others were coming along.

Goku had just Kamehameha'ed another building, clapping his hands in little girl merriment as the explosion shockwaved him backwards. Vegeta smiled, her charges always did like trying out thier host's powers. Gohan and Tayven was busy shooting a series of ki blasts at cars as he flew above them, making a game out of how many he could hit and how big of an explosion he caused.

Vegeta's eyes trailed last to the blue haired woman and her family. They were breaking windows and laughing, running around causing random trouble.

All the wonderful chaos was like a balm to sooth her senses. This is what the world should be like. This is what the world will be like, forever.

A television in a broken store window flickered, laying on it's side, as a reporter's voice crackled in and out of static; "...horrible...they are attacking...city...lives...all over..."

Yes, She smirked with Vegeta's lips, hands on his hips, It was all over.

~*~*~

"Stop this! Why are you doing this?!" The female's voice was frantic, she was clutching a jagged peice of glass and holding it out in front of herself as a weapon. All around her people were screaming and dying, horrid blasts rocked the air and she was covered head to toe in dust from the fallen buildings. She'd tried to run away, for it seemed they enjoyed killing as much as wrecking things and hadn't wanted to die just then.

Not when she would be of legal drinking age in two years! Not to mention she had a really cute boyfriend and was about to land that awesome job at the clothing store. In her fear addled mind she failed to see how any of that was relevant anymore in the face of the current disastor. That her boyfriend was probably dead and said clothing store nothing but a heap of broken stone and bits did not cross her mind.

Piccolo looked at the girl and tilted his head to the side, a confused look drawing across his face. "Don't you want to play?" He asked in an errily child-like sounding voice. The tone of voice coming from his deep baritone had a slightly unsettling effect, "Don't you like games that make things 'splode! I sure do! Come on! I'll show you!"

The girl screamed as Piccolo grabbed her arm, pulling her up, slashing air with her 'weapon'. At the sound of the peircing yell, the namek released her and clutched at his stinging ears. In reaction, he backhanded the girl. She went flying against a still-intact wall and crumpled, broken and empty, along it's base.

Piccolo looked up, his ears had stopped hurting. "Ooww...Why did she do that? I just wanted to play a game with her...Oooh..." He noticed her still form, laying at an awkward angle against the wall, "She's broken." Shrugging, he turned to find another 'plaything'.

This can't be happening! Piccolo stood in the center of his mind, surrounded by all that he normally saw when he mediated. Yet, the corners moved with unseen horrors and darkness slithered along the edges, he caught them from the corners of his dark eyes. He felt extremely far away from what was happening outside his body. He almost felt as if were not even a part of his own body. It was a feeling he was not at all comfortable with.

The most horrible part was that he was forced to witness the havoc he and the others were causing. Witness and do nothing. Fists clenched at his sides, the namek growled in frustration as the one who'd taken over his person forced him into the air and began using his ki to blow apart random objects and running people as it used his voice and throat to laugh at thier fear and pain.

"Why do you look mad?"

Piccolo turned, crouching instinctivally into a defensive posture, breathing through his teeth. He saw a little boy standing there, looking at him through huge dark eyes and a mop of white-blonde hair. The child was dressed in a black shirt and shorts with white tennis shoes. He wore a look of slight confusion mixed with amusement.

"Your hurting people!" Piccolo said, "Don't you understand how bad that is!"

The boy shrugged, "So?"

"You...you shouldn't do it!" Piccolo said, not very comfortable dealing with kids, even kids who killed, "Why do you want to hurt people?"

"Because that's what we do."

"You could change."

"No..." The boy said, "We can't. We have to do as she says."

"Who...?" The he understood and said; "What if she told you to be good kid and stop hurting people?"

The boy laughed; "She'd never say that! You don't know her very well, do you?"

Piccolo waited for the kid to quit before replying; "Nevermind that. What if she did. What would you do?"

"I'd have to do as she says." He said, simply, shrugging again, "Why are you asking me these questions? I just wanted to ask if you were enjoying the game?"

"This...this is all just a...game to you?" Piccolo asked in revulsion, "Kami..."

"Of course," He said, "What else would it be?"

Without warning, Piccolo turned and grabbed the boy by his shoulders, shaking him roughly while spitting into his face as he yelled; "Listen to me, you little freak! Killing innocent people and destroying property is NOT a game!" Piccolo's hands slipped around the boy's throat and he was throttling him in his fury.

Startled for a moment, the child acted quickly, drawng his knowlege from the bowels of Piccolo's mind, he focused for moment, still being shaken back and forth, and his image began to fade and shimmer. Piccolo gasped as white-blond locks were suddenly filled with black, blue eyes became dark as he stood staring down at...

"What are you doing, Mr. Piccolo?" Little Gohan, looking about the age he'd been when he first started training him, looked up at him, "Why are you trying to hurt me...?"

No! Piccolo snatched himself away from the child and backed up. No...

Laughing, the child's featured shimmered once more and Piccolo realized how he'd been duped. They had taken over his body, forced him to things agains his will. That was bad enought, he reasoned, as he snarled at the kid who giggled at him. But, this...this twisting of his memories...emotions...using the likenesses of those he cared about more than life itself to mock and taunt him.

No. This was too much. He had to draw the line somewhere.