Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Yamcha & Vegeta ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ.

By: SSLetta

Pairings: Yamcha X Vegeta

Notes: This is my first yaoi (I always just read it before), so there shouldn't be anything too graphic. `Denotes thought.'

Rating: R, for the friendly men situation, if you catch my drift. A certain friend of mine wouldn't *couchLordesscough*

Yamcha & Vegeta

"Tell me about the saiyan mating cycle."

"Uh… sometimes a saiyan can go into heat triggered by a full moon. They will seek out the highest power level around and try to take them as their mate. When they're trying to do that, a lot of times, they can't control themselves. They emit a scent that makes the other desire to mate. During mating, they'll bite the other, marking them from others, but it also releases a toxin. That makes the mate bonded, and at the release of it, a chemical change will happen in the aggressor making them bonded as well. Only one bite is needed, but tradition allows for a bite from the other. After mating, the saiyan that sought out the mate must be accepted physically and emotionally or they'll go insane and most likely die. If they're just accept physically, they can hold on, but they usually waste away after a while."

"How do they know when they're accepted emotionally?"

"The scent changes." Yamcha squatted down next to Vegeta, and looked at him levelly.

"I guess I'm stuck…but it goes against what I've been taught. I can't guarantee anything." Vegeta looked slightly relieved, but nodded solemnly knowing full well that it didn't mean anything yet. `Vegeta only shows a fraction of what he's feeling, when he's showing it. I'm going to have to keep that in mind.'

"Oh, just one more thing, don't mention anything to Bulma… or anyone else yet. I'm not sure how they would react, and right now, I don't want to know. Got it?"

"Yeah, I got it," Vegeta said, sullenly, doing his best to keep the annoyance out of his voice. `Does he think I just go shooting my mouth off about anything? Saiyans do have some semblance of decency, despite what they seem to think.'

"Good… saiyans aren't all about the foreplay, are they?"

"Foreplay?"

"I've just noticed that saiyans just seem more direct. I mean, just that there's not much fooling around first."

"You mean before mating? Why? When you set out to do something, you don't waste time with unnecessary actions."

"I guess I'll have to change your mind or something. Maybe just an instructional video explaining why." By this time, the saiyan prince was looking at him rather oddly. "You don't get humans, do you?"

"No, they do not value fighting like they value fast cars and money. Fighting is part of the basis of the saiyan culture."

"We fight, just not in the same ways. We argue or make technology to care of it."

"We don't waste time with arguing. We don't need technology to defeat our opponents."

"Well, for us it's easier and more convenient. We don't spend our entire lives fighting. We take interest in other things."

"Hmph," Vegeta grunted, like this conversation was a waste of air.

"You suck."

"That should be obvious."

"Not like that! I mean, never mind. I'm going home to put on some clothes." Vegeta snapped his head up in Yamcha's direction as the other man stood up, noting the lack of clothing. Something that could be called concern with a little imagination was on the prince's face.

"Are you coming back?" Vegeta asked, his voice emotionless as Yamcha grabbed his boxers and slipped them on.

"I wasn't planning on it, why?"

"Just go." Yamcha thought for a second. `In a moment of dire need, so to speak, Vegeta seems to forgo his pride, but otherwise, not much could push its way past. What about a moment of dire want? I did say I would try, sort of…' He knew he couldn't deny the renewed strength he felt through their bond. He could admit, with a certain degree of reluctance, the attraction he felt for the saiyan. `What I really need is some time to sort things out myself… except that didn't work too well before. Maybe I should try figuring something out about the person I'm `bonded' to, first. Then I can make my decision. I just won't mention Goku or Super Saiyans, and I should do fine.'

"Do you want me to come back?"

"Do what you want, I don't care." Yamcha gritted his teeth. `This will be a trying relationship if for some reason I go for it.' It was obvious to him the prince did care. He honestly didn't know why the man insisted on being so stubborn. `I'm going to have to go out on a limb here.'

"What do you want?"

"I want you to make up your mind!"

"Stop dodging it. You want me to come back, so just say it and I will." There was nothing but silence for the response. "Fine, I'm leaving." He didn't get ten feet when Vegeta growled something out.

"What did you say?"

"I said, come back," Vegeta ground out, obviously annoyed, probably angry. Yamcha grinned a little in triumph, but Vegeta gave him a warning look.

"See ya later!" Yamcha called out, taking to the air, pleased with himself. He had a grip on Vegeta, and he planned to use it to his advantage, especially after the position Vegeta put him in, the double meaning making him blush slightly. In his opinion, the prince could stand to be jostled a little. Besides, he'd have a lot of fun doing it!

Now, the only matter was flying back home in only his boxers. It was a warm day, but when you go that fast and that high, things get a little chilly. Needless to say, he got back as quick as he could, and with a quick check, snuck into his apartment. It didn't take him long to shower and gather a few sets of clothes when he thought to call Bulma and tell her he would be taking the day off from training. Within seconds, the phone was ringing.

"Hi, you have reached the Briefs' residence, my name is Bulma. Sorry we're not in right now, but if you'd leave your name and number, we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks!" A moment later, there was a loud beep.

"Hey Bulma, this is Yamcha! Listen, I won't be showing up today, I'm going camping or something. Talk to you later, bye. " `So they're not back yet. I wonder what's taking them?'

Yamcha grabbed the gym bag where he had thrown all his stuff into, and went towards his small balcony. He was always a little iffy about taking off from in town. `It's not like they'd really believe what they saw, and if they did, who else would believe them?' Yamcha thought, as he jumped up and sped off.

*****

`Where is that human?' Vegeta paced, wondering what could be taking his mate. `He said he'd just get some clothes! How long can it take?' Despite the distance of the man's apartment, the prince knew it wouldn't take that long. He remembered trailing the man back the day when he trapped him in the hallway at Capsule Corp. He had watched the man aimlessly flip through television channels, berating himself for coming. He remembered how hard it was for him to resist going into the apartment and taking the man, and how hard it was to leave. At the time, the moon wasn't strong enough to keep him from his training for too long, but that had changed now. `Does mating make me weak? Or is it this stupid planet?' Even as he thought the words, he knew he didn't really care that much. His mate could tear him away from anything, but he wasn't going to admit that.

Vegeta kept sweeping his eyes over the horizon and straining his senses; his mate was still too far away, wherever he was. He would have to work on increasing his sense of ki. `I would not be having this problem if he had been here fifteen minutes ago!' Vegeta thought, irritably. `Had he just deceived me in order to show he had dominance or control?' Something told the prince that this was not the case, and that he was picking up some bad behavior from this miserable rock. Except, that it wasn't so miserable anymore, and now he was beginning to find some parts of it rather pleasurable.

Suddenly, he felt a pinprick gradually grow into a spec on the horizon. He smirked, noting the gym bag his mate carried, a blue one with white stripes and an emblem resembling a leaf. The man looked uncomfortable, not sure of how to act around the saiyan prince yet.

"Took you long enough."

"I just called Bulma to tell her I went camping for a couple days or so. Otherwise, she'd get worried and probably try calling someone out to look for me, especially after I told her I planned on training almost every day," Yamcha explained, he wasn't actually sure how the prince would react to Bulma now.

"A couple days?" the prince raised an eyebrow, accompanied by a smirk.

"Or so."

"You're really trying. Or are you just going to use me for a few days?" Vegeta was enjoying himself, and not bothering to hide it. He could see his mate get a little flustered. He had a feeling he was going to enjoy this little `camping trip.'

A/N: Sorry this is a little short this week, but we got a new game on our computer, so I played that instead of writing. I'm not so sure anyone would have noticed if I hadn't of mentioned anything… and now I don't know why I'm not deleting this…