Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Zana-sei ❯ Thoughts ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Hello everyone! I still need a beta reader, but let us get to the more important point. Thank you sooooo much for the reviews, eve though most of you were confused. That was my fault. Gomen! When I wrote that chapter, it did occur to me that some of you would be confused, especially since it was so short. Again, sorry about that. Anyway, this chapter should clear up some of the confusion you may have and I dearly hope you enjoy it. So without further ado, I present to you: Chapter four, Thoughts.

Zana sei

Chapter four-Thoughts

Buruma shot up on her mat in a cold sweat. Her trembling hand went to her sticky forehead where her blue bangs awaited to be swept aside. Her breath came in great huffs as her mind began to pick over the remnants of the dream.

Where in Chitula's name had that come from? Ever since she was a little girl she sometimes dreamt she was flying, but shooting light from her hands? That image scared her, and the fact that the light used to kill people horrified her.

Chichi moaned and rolled over in her sleep.

Buruma slowed her heavy breathing and lay back down. She did not wish to wake her sister and explain her dream, it would be taken as a bad omen. Perhaps they would think she was a witch and drive her out of the village. Buruma frowned, it would be best not to inform anyone, not even Chichi.

Buruma sighed softly and looked at her sister, her secret keeper. She smiled, knowing how lucky she was to have a sister. It was rare for women to have more than one child and even more so for a queen. The only explanation Buruma could come up with was that her mother had too much love to give to only one child, so Chitula blessed her with another.

Buruma's hand splayed over her flat stomach. When would she have a child? She was twenty-five and well into her child bearing days. Her body showed no sign of even preparing for a child and Buruma was sick of it. She could not figure out why her body was waiting so long, just waiting, but for what?

Her breathing became shallow and her eyes began to drop. All memory of her body, the child, and the dream forgotten as the tinatac's song lulled her to sleep.

>>>>>>>

N'daria, also known as Watsu Atchi, crept along the barely visible path that played through the village. The keen eyes that could spot a sickness a mile away spied the hut of her newest patient. She swept aside the thatch covering that was the door and slipped inside.

Warm air greeted her with a hug as she softly walked to the still form on the floor. She stood over her patient, her eyes scanning for any visible signs of worsening in the small female's condition. Thoroughly satisfied, she gave a sharp nod and walked out to leave her patient to sleep. Little did N'daria know that Vegeta no Ouji was not asleep, her was far from it.

>>>>>>>>

Vegeta watched through the slits of his eyes as the annoying woman observed him, and breathed a sigh of relief when she was gone. He scowled, that woman was a real nuisance! She always hovering over Vegeta, asking him questions he half understood. Half because most of her words came out as that damn drivel she spoke, while others rang out loud and clear. The only reason he could come up with for the strange happenings was that his translator had malfunctioned along with the ship, and was only picking up some of the women's language.

Vegeta's scowl deepened at that. The translator that Frieza insisted on having transplanted in all his soldiers brains was top of the line. It should not have been damaged at all.

Unless it was not damaged.

Vegeta's brow knotted in confusion and frustration. Of course it was damaged! He was smart, but could not already be learning their language in the week he had been there, which had been spent in bed. Damn woman.

If Vegeta had his way, he would be up and walking around finding out as much as he could about Zana sei. Unfortunately for Vegeta, the woman would not let him peek a toe out of his hut, let alone getting up from the mat.

He would have blasted her, but he did not want a mob of angry females hunting him down for killing one of their own. Not that the weaklings could actually hurt him. Far from admitting it, Vegeta needed help. He had no knowledge of Zana sei, and even if he went on his own, he would not be bale to tell from observation what to eat and what not to eat. He could be poisoned without knowing it and have no knowledge of a cure. Therefore, the woman would not get blasted.

Vegeta sighed and grunted in pain as he turned on his side. He was very lucky to have made it here, he knew. Even if it was a primitive, female inhabited, technology challenged loony bin. If his rational side had not taken over when he so hurriedly left Frieza's ship, he'd still be on it. It was a very good thing that when he had left he had been thinking logically, else he would have never made the decision to trade in his pod and armor. Frieza being Frieza of course had trackers in both.

Vegeta would not have made it a day without Frieza finding him and dragging him kicking and screaming back to his ship. Knowing Frieza, he would probably like Vegeta resisting so he could punish him later.

The ship was dangerous, but Vegeta had been very lucky to make the trade. No ship trader was stupid or greedy enough to trade with him for a pod from Frieza's army. Obviously the trader he encountered was both, good thing for Vegeta. The ship was small and missing seatbelt, among other things, but it was fast. Now that he thought about it, Vegeta did not know if it was a good thing.

Another truth Vegeta would not admit, he did not want to be alone. Whether it be Nappa, Radditz, or Kakarotto, he had always had someone. Of course there was the occasional mission in which he purged the planet or planets, depending on Frieza's mood, alone. Though that was the key word, occasional.

Because of the ship's speed, Vegeta had made it to the nearest planet, Zana sei, in three days. During the short and unanticipated trip to Zana sei, he had been lonely. He did not want to be lonely again. Another reason for not blasting the woman.

Vegeta frowned, these women were affecting. Evidence was the dream he had just had. Laughing and eating with them as if he were one of their own. Was that what he wanted? He did not want to be lonely, yes, but did he want to be embraced by the women? He did not know.

Vegeta blew out a puff of air as he forced the dream and his thoughts to the back of his mind. 'There will be no more of those dreams.' Vegeta thought to himself, though he preferred hose to the ones of Frieza.

He shuddered and quickly sliced all thoughts of the slimy Issu-jin to ribbons. He needed to sleep, he thought closing his eyes. Sleep he did, but unbeknownst to Vegeta, that was the first of many of "those dreams".

>>>>>>>>>

So, how was that? Are you guys still confused? I hope not. Anyway, a more important topic has to do with the lemons that are to come in this fic. I have decided to start posting "Zana sei" on Mediaminer.org. So when I get to a part on FF.net where there is supposed to be a lemon instead there will dots. For example, (I haven't started any chapters with lemons yet, so this may or may not be in the story) ' "You belong to me woman, remember that!" Vegeta growled as he pulled Buruma roughly against him and crushed his lips to hers….' I'll also be telling you if there was a lemon in the chapter, incase you forget this.