Dragon Knights Fan Fiction / Dragon Knight (adult) Fan Fiction ❯ My Child ❯ Part 1: Dreaming ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

My Child

Kinshin: I'm having major writers block for my other stories Secret Rendezvous and Dragoon. This new story added to my pile of things to do is the result! None of the characters are mine except for the woman and the others. This story just basically centers around Thatz since not much is mentioned of him at all. I feel sorry he isn't the center most of the time.

Summary: Thatz keeps hearing a woman call out to him in his dreams. Is it just a dream or perhaps a past memory? Slight shounen-ai

Part I: Dreaming

"My child…

Come…

Come back…

Come back to…

Come back to me…"

-----------------------------------------

He bolted up, his breathing harsh. It was the same dream for a few nights straight. It scared him pretty much. He tried to get his breathing back to normal. He noticed that it was still the middle of the night. He glanced around and sighed in relief. He wasn't in that dark place he was back here. A hand touched his shoulder making him jump and landed not to safely on the floor. He groaned in pain. He looked up to who touched him and just saw Rune.

"I'm sorry, Thatz, are you alright?" Rune said looking at Thatz tangled in a sheet on the floor.

"I'm fine. There are worse," Thatz answered and placed a grin on his face. He stood up after he got untangled from the sheets.

"Having trouble?" Rath said amused.

"Don't tell me you did this on purpose."

"Couldn't resist you looked like you ran to hell and back."

"Rath!" Rune scolded and elbowed him in the stomach. Rath placed an arm around him and rested his chin on his shoulder.

"Rune, I was just kidding. Lighten up."

Thatz laughed softly at the little show and crawled back into bed with them. (A/N: They are just very, very good close friends!) Rune lied down on his side facing him while Rath did the same. He faced them both.

"Thatz are you sure you're okay?" Rune asked concerned.

"Yeah, you've been waking up early for the past few days," Rath said as he rested his head on Rune's upper arm while slinging an arm around his waist so he could look into the conversation. Thatz just laughed softly.

"I'm fine. They're just nightmares that don't exist," he said casually. They both looked at him, not buying it.

"Really! I'm fine. You two worry too much." He assured them.

"Okay if you're sure."

"Yes I'm fine. Lets sleep now. I'm still tired." He shut his eyes going back to sleep.

"Rath get off me!" Rune said trying to push the other off of him from his arm.

"I don't wanna. You're comfortable."

"Rath!"

-----------------------------------------

Thatz groggily followed his two companions. He still wasn't able to get any sleep last night at all. As soon as he fell asleep he had dreams again. Horrifying dreams that could become a reality, which he wished it wouldn't. He dreamed that both of his friends died and he didn't want that. But every dream there was a woman who always stood in front of him and outstretched her hand and said something. The only thing he caught was two words:

"My child…"

It was impossible. He didn't remember the woman at all. But she did look familiar and his instincts told him she was not to be trusted. When he looked at her blood stained her white dress. And Rath and Rune were a few feet behind her, blood pooling under them. That was his cue to wake up. He would always glance back at Rath and Rune to see that it didn't happen and he was relieved. He wondered how he could keep up these sleepless nights.

"Hey, Thatz, you're lagging behind. Rath might eat your food if you don't hurry up!" Rune said to him, which was out of character for him. Thatz quickly caught up with them as they sat and ate for lunch. Usually it was Thatz who complained that it was time to eat but not this time. Rune handed him his food and he gladly accepted. This time he never asked for much.

"Hey I heard that the next town was going to give a reward for defeating this demon problem of theirs," Rune said.

"Oh that's nice," Thatz responded. Rune frowned. Now they knew something was wrong. Usually he would respond to that willingly.

"Thatz are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes Rune I'm fine. I just don't feel like it right now."

"Please Thatz I know you're not lying. We're your friends, you can tell us anything." Thatz took a deep breath and sighed.

"It's just these nightmares have me spooked. That's all. I'll get over it in a few hours or so."

"Are you sure?" Rath asked concerned.

"Didn't we have this conversation last night?"

"Thatz we were just worried," Rune reasoned and folded his arms across Thatz's lap and rested his head on his arms. Rath came from behind him and hugged him from behind.

"I know."

Soon Thatz sensed something and his hand quickly snatched it. An arrow was caught in his hand before it could pierce Rune's back. The three looked around and saw that they were surrounded.

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$

Like it? Review!