Dragon Knights Fan Fiction / Dragon Knight (adult) Fan Fiction ❯ My Child ❯ Part IV: Crescendo ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

My Child

Summary: COMPLETED! Rune's been taken hostage. It's up to Rath and Thatz to bring him back! Slight shounen-ai

Warnings: Major AU on Thatz's past! Plz people don't flame me for that.

Part IV: Day 5 - Crescendo

Rath and Thatz finally made it to the gates of the hidden castle. It was open as if the occupants were expecting them, which they were. They both gathered their wits and entered the booby-trapped castle.

---------------------------------

Andias looked at the sleeping elf. She smiled and traced a finger across his cheek. His skin was so smooth and pale. If only he didn't have a family or friend to go to she would've taken him in a long time ago but it's how life flows. She then glanced in her scrying water. There, she saw Rath and Thatz enter her gates. It was day five and she knew that they'd be here sooner or later. She decided to test them a little. Giving a mental message to her other children, she tied Rune's wrists together that was tied to a rope with the bedposts holding him there.

"You're so kind and caring. And I hated you before but now I think I like you. Sleep well. It'll all be over when you wake up."

She walked out. The show was about to begin whether she would get her son back.

---------------------------------

Rath and Thatz walked around the corridors of the castle. They had no encounter yet with anyone, which is strangely odd. As they walked further they both had a bad feeling. A door creaked open like the ones in those scary movies before something bad was about to come from it. But it was just a normal person that was probably one of the newer ones since Thatz didn't recognize him. It was a standstill until the person walked out.

"This way," he said motioning them to follow him.

Seeing as they had no choice they followed after.

---------------------------------

Andias sipped a bit of her wine as she sat in the large gathering room. It was quiet with all her children standing against the walls. She just wanted to see how much her believed 'dead' son learned during his temporary grave. She wished she would have someone by her side as a supporter or someone to lean on but things didn't work that way. She smiled as she thought of a memory.

Flashback------------------

It was a big field filled with various trees and flowers strewn about of various colors. Andais sat under a tall tree in its full glory with leaves grown providing shade from the bright sunlight. She watched a little boy with orange hair and vibrant green eyes. They were resting after traveling for days. The next town was ahead but her son was tired and she couldn't resist and agreed to rest for a while.

Being a mother you can never resist a request of your son or daughter. Besides it's been five years since she saw her husband. He said that he would be back after three years for leaving. Apparently he never returned. So after her son asking whom his father was she decided to go take him to him.

It was mid-afternoon. If they leave now they could make it before twilight. She stood up and walked over and called out to him.

"Thatz, honey, we have to get going otherwise we might have to stay the night out," Andais said as she approached him. Five-year-old Thatz looked at her and pouted.

"Mom, you scared the dragonfly away," he said standing up getting ready to go though he still wanted to rest. Andais smiled and chuckled lightly.

"Well maybe then you shouldn't play with something that would just fly away from you," she said.

"Why?"

"Because they sometimes don't come back."

"Oh. Mommy, how long till we can see daddy?"

Andais was stunned at the question. She usually wasn't stuck like this but after hearing her own phrase, 'they sometimes don't come back', she was starting to doubt herself. She shook out of her negative thoughts. It wouldn't happen.

"If we get to the next town we'll be able to see him. So we have to get going if you want to see him."

"Really?" Thatz eyes lit up.

"Yes."

End Flashback-----------

Oh how wrong she was.

When they actually arrived she found out he had a wife and twins already in the course of the five years he left while she was pregnant with Thatz. Basically she never told Thatz but said that his father was dead though he was still alive in the flesh. She didn't want him to know anything about his father because then Thatz would hold contempt for him. She didn't want that.

If only she had waited and found out the truth later then maybe she wouldn't be like this. Of course what satisfied her was that she killed them all after training to become an assassin. Afterwards she didn't like it. But she couldn't go back because they were already dead. She took another sip of her drink as she waited patiently. Andais looked at the stone table usually they would be used for sacrifices but she doesn't do that, it came with the castle. There, Rune lied unconscious only sleeping.

She looked up and saw the door open. Her son and friend stepped in. She walked down and stood in front of Rune. Thatz and Rath were about to react but seeing she had the upper hand they stopped. She gave them a cold smile.

"Welcome, you've made it here earlier than I expected," she said and snapped her fingers.

Someone restrained Rath's arms from behind, rendering him useless. Rath found that he couldn't move since the grip holding him was stronger than something he faced before. Thatz couldn't move. With both his friends being held up he had no choice.

"Let them go, this is between you and me," Thatz stated. Andais shook her head.

"I'll let them go but on one condition a bet of sorts." She said and walked towards the middle of the large room.

"What is it?"

"We'll settle this. Show me exactly what you've gained by leaving me. If you win I will leave you and your friends alone, but if you lose you stay and I will still let your friends go."

"Alright."

"Good, we'll begin."

As Andais said that she unsheathed her sword and ran to him, which looked nothing more than a blur to Rath. Thatz shook out of his stunned state and managed to barely block the attack with his sword. He was sure that he couldn't use his dragon powers since they were lesser compared to his previous one when staying with Andais. But if he uses that power he's afraid that he'd be back to himself and lose control. It was a risk he's willing to take. If Rune and Rath as well as he would never see this place again would be a relief after so many years of escaping it.

Thatz tapped into his buried memories.

He remembered every single detail, down to the very last training session. When he opened his eyes again he suddenly lost himself.

Meanwhile, Rath managed to escape the grip of the person holding him still and killed him. He did his best to walk over to the other side to Rune and try to wake him up. Though first, he had to avoid not getting hit with the attacks Thatz and Andais were throwing at each other. For starters, he was surprised at what Thatz possessed. He never knew that he had that much power and it was basically above anything he'd ever felt before. But this was no time to be surprised he needed to get to Rune so they could get out of there and maybe Thatz would go out too.

After 'falling debris dodging' he managed to not get scratched and made it safely to Rune who was still out of it for a moment. Rath got Rune unshackled and shook him softly to wake the unconscious elf up. Rune moved a little but didn't open his eyes. Rath tried again and this time Rune opened his eyes slowly and looked around lazily. He sat up and looked at Rath.

"Rath?" Rune asked, "What are we doing here?"

"No time, we've got to go other wise we might get crushed," Rath explained.

He carried Rune bridal style since he figured he couldn't walk very well at the moment. Rune wrapped his arms lazily around Rath's neck so he wouldn't fall and make it easier for Rath. His legs felt numb.

Back to the fight between mother and son, it seemed like Andais had the advantage since Thatz had gone on the defensive. They just attacked and attacked without caring for their environment. They were aware that the castle could collapse at them any moment but they had to finish this. That was how they learned it. You always finish something that has been started. (A/N: Maybe I should take my own advice)

Suddenly a huge bolder threatened to crush them as it fell from right on top. They both dodged separating themselves from the other. Both were tired and breathing heavily. Andais smiled as she saw her son's state.

"You're still there. No matter how much you try to deny it you can never forget what you were. An assassin," she said. Thatz just glared at her. He was slowly starting to come back to reality. He didn't mean to lose control like that. He could've hurt Rune or Rath. He glanced around carefully and spotted his two friends just about to leave. He mentally sighed in relief because they were going to be okay. He also noticed that they were down to their last bits of energy.

As if in a silent agreement they both charged at each other and clashed steel against steel. It lasted for a few minutes until one of their sword, was flung from their hand. And was pinned down with the other's sword firmly ready to strike. The sword strike but stopped short of what were its intensions. Thatz firmly stuck the sword on the ground next to Andais's head. She looked at him with a smile gracing her face. She could never deny him. No matter how much she wanted him to stay she felt he wouldn't be happy here at all. Andais held back at the last second because she couldn't hurt him. Even now she didn't care if he killed her or not, she would still love him.

She was surprised when Thatz had his arms around her neck and was hugging her. She weakly returned the embrace knowing that she might not feel this for a long time. He whispered something in her ear. She was stunned but then understood as he said the last line.

"I hope you do. And remember, if you ever need a place to stay, I'll be waiting for you, my child." She whispered back to him.

Thatz stood up and walked out as quickly as he could because he knew that the castle was about to crumble. He ran past the way they entered from. At the front he saw Rath and Rune resting just a few feet away from the castle. He smiled and ran up to them.

"C'mon lets go," Thatz said picking up Rune since he figured Rath was tired. They both ran back to the next town and trying to forget the events of the week as the castle crumbled behind them.

---------------------------------

Rath, Rune, and Thatz made it to the town. They were currently eating at an eatery since they decided to have a break. They just chatted about the past few events that they had concerning Andais. Thatz most likely wanted to avoid the subject since he didn't want to talk about it anymore. Without Rune and Rath knowing it he slipped something into their drinks. When they took a sip or drink it would take a few seconds for the effects to happen.

"So Thatz I was wondering what was she to-" Rath stopped short. He momentarily forgot what he was going to say and shut his mouth. Rune looked at him curiously but he too was starting to forget the week's event.

"You were saying something Rath?" Thatz spoke.

"Oh yeah but I seem to have forgotten it." Rath said looking at some article or something. He spotted. "Hey Thatz lets go here!" Rath said pointing to an article saying about some demon terrorizing towns again. Rune looked and grabbed the paper from them tearing it to shreds. Rath just shrugged and pulled a spare one out of nowhere. Rune fumed.

"We're supposed to be going back to Draqueen!" Rune stated as always. "Not demon hunting!"

"Relax Rune, it'll be where were passing. Besides we're supposed to be helping the people." Rath said in his defense. Rune sighed and gave up.

Thatz smiled a small one as everything returned back to normal.

---------------------------------

"My mother, …

"…For now I'll hate you…

"…Then…Maybe in time I can forgive…

"…And love you again."

-Owari-

Kinshin: I finally finished! Yes! My um…fifth one! Celebration time! Okay forget celebration but I'm just saying that I'm going to be finishing off the fics that are almost finished so the other ones that are recently added it'll take me a while to update but I'll finish them! Thanks for your visits!

Like it? Review! NO FLAMES!