Dragon Knights Fan Fiction / Dragon Knight (adult) Fan Fiction ❯ No Scars Only Memories ❯ Part 7: Sour ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

No Scars Only Memories

 

Part 7: Sour

 

Rath was pondering for a moment. Things seemed to be way off. Everything was just…confusing. Heck this family is confusing.

 

They had finally found her when Cernozora screamed in fright. Essan was lying on her bedroom floor with blood flowing out of her arms. That was just… He couldn't think of a word. But the look on Rune's face was something. When Rune saw his mother, he quickly just ran straight to his room and locked the door. Rune hadn't come out since then and it was already dinnertime. Luckily she was recovering very quickly with Cernozora's help. It was either help or maybe the non-stop scolding. At least she was feeling better.

 

Rath walked up to Rune's room. He was still contemplating if he should intrude or not. His hand knocked on the door. There was no answer so he knocked again. Still no answer. He turned the knob and peeked inside. Rune was sitting on the bed just staring blankly at the sheets. He didn't even acknowledge Rath's presence. Rath shut the door behind him and walked towards Rune. The blond still didn't notice him. He sighed and sat down on the edge on the side of the bed. He stared at Rune's distraught face.

 

"Rune, is something wrong?" Rath asked. Rune didn't answer. Rath was about to ask something else had he not heard a murmur pass through Rune's lips. He strained to hear it.

 

"It's my fault."

 

He heard Rune murmur. His hands rested on Rune's shoulders making the other look at him blankly.

 

"It's not your fault. She's doing fine. She'll be up in a few minutes knowing you guys. I'm sure she wouldn't want you to blame yourself for nothing." He said. He didn't know how to comfort people that well but he was trying. Tears leaked from Rune's eyes as he began to cry. Though he never uttered any noise. Rath pulled him into an embrace. Rune didn't bother to fight back. It was pretty warm.

 

----------------------------

 

Outside, two people listened in. Essan was rather surprised that her son would blame himself. But she thought no more of it as she felt her old friend's stare lingering on her.

 

"They remind me of something," Lykouleon spoke.

 

"What?" Essan asked.

 

"Of us." He said.

 

"How?" she asked.

 

"He's kind of like you, you know?"

 

"Who?"

 

"Rune."

 

"Let me guess…you're trying to make a point."

 

"Oh no nothing at all."

 

"You're lying. You already know. It has to end. Otherwise she will never be in peace," she said while looking back at him.

 

"If the time does come before you succeed? What then?" he asked.

 

"I will take care of him myself."

 

"And what if I try to stop you?"

 

"I'll kill you without hesitation."

 

"Haven't we had this conversation before?" he asked jokingly.

 

"Hn, I'm serious. Friend or not, I will kill you if you try to interfere. Fate and destiny has nothing do with this. How we proceed is how it will be determined," she turned and stopped, "And tell your adopted demon…not to fall in love with my son." She said emotionlessly before walking down the hall. Lykouleon watched her retreating form before sighing and resting his forehead against the wall.

 

----------------------------

 

Back in the room, Rune fell asleep in Rath's arms from emotional exhaustion. Rath shifted their positions so they could rest more comfortably. Truth is he didn't want to let go. He didn't want to get rid of the beautiful-wait where did that thought come from? He shrugged it off. He'd know it was there but it's just that he couldn't admit it. He fell in love with the blond when he first saw him truly. Despite what anyone says there was nothing different.

 

Rath stared down at Rune's sleeping face. He looked calm. He placed Rune lying on the bed before standing up. He had to go before anyone, especially if the matriarch found him in here that probably wouldn't look right. He stealthily snuck out the door, closing it slowly so he wouldn't alert anyone. He then went into his own room and fell to sleep himself.

 

----------------------------

 

Essan watched the adopted demon exit Rune's room and enter his own. She could feel his feelings radiating off him. They were not what she was hoping for. It was going to be hard on them when the time comes. She turned around and strutted angrily to her room. Those scenes were just familiar. They reminded her of the past. Something she wished she forgot. Grabbing the nearest vase, she threw it across the room making it vibrate a 'crash'. That was sure to alert someone. But she didn't care at the moment.

 

Picking up another ornament, she flung it across the room hearing it crash. She heard footsteps but didn't care about them at all and just continued picking and throwing one at a time. Before she could throw another one her wrist was seized and the object was taken from her. She turned to see Lykouleon standing there. The last person she wanted to see at the moment.

 

"What do you want?" she asked coldly. It was a tone she never used on him unless she was really pissed off at him.

 

"I want you to stop this nonsense." He answered still keeping a tight grip on her wrist. She would run at any moment.

 

"Well, this nonsense isn't going to stop. Now let go of me before I go through what I had said earlier."

 

"Why are you being so difficult?!" he told her in a harsh whisper.

 

"Why are you acting like my father?!" she said in a harsh whisper.

 

They both looked at the doorway to see they had an audience. Luckily it wasn't one of their children.

 

"Give us a moment." Essan told them. They all nodded and left shutting the door. They were regretting it already.

 

"What do you mean acting like your father?!" he said harshly.

 

"Yes! Just like everyone else in my life!" she said back.

 

"Is it a crime to worry about you?!"

 

"Yes! It is! I just wondered how long before it sinks into your head!"

 

"What about you?!"

 

"What about me?! Is there something you're not telling me, is that it?!"

 

"That isn't it!"

 

"Well you have my attention, my ears are wide open!"

 

"Would you stop with your petty thoughts?!"

 

"Now you're acting like Shyrendora!"

 

"I'm not acting like anyone!"

 

"Yes you are! Who are you going to act like next? Shydeman? Or maybe Cernozura?! C'mon say something one of them would say!"

 

"You're still being difficult!"

 

"Now you're back to being my father!"

 

"I can see why he probably tossed you out!" He gasped as he realized what he just said. That was not supposed to come out. He was about to speak and say sorry but she beat him too it. She turned her back and pointed to the door.

 

"Get out," she spoke softly at first.

 

"Essan I-"

 

"I said GET OUT! And if you don't I'll toss you out the door myself!"

 

Lykouleon gave up and sighed. He muttered a sorry before he opened the door. Before he could close it, he was shoved out and the door slammed behind him. She really is mad at him. The people that were eavesdropping retired to their rooms. They didn't want to deal with one of them at all after hearing the conversation that conspired between the two. Cernozura wouldn't risk the chance of even waking up Essan in the morning for breakfast.

 

----------------------------

 

It was a tense day during lunch and breakfast. Especially when the two friends were in at the same time. Cernozura and Raselene talked to each other to erase the tension, Rune never attended, and Rath and Tetheus were having a somewhat conversation. They were doing everything to avoid looking at the matriarch and the guest.

 

Essan growled softly alerting everyone except Lykouleon, who didn't care at the moment. She stood up and took a bit of food, placed it on a plate and left the dinning room. They all finally relaxed as the tension was lifted in the room. All eyes turned to him. He mentally growled in annoyance. She knew what would happen if she left. She was going to make the rest of his stay miserable.

 

----------------------------

 

Rune noted his mother's silence. This was unusual. She usually had something to say. He placed his bread down and breathes.

 

"Mother… I'm-" he began.

 

"No, don't say it. It wasn't your fault it's mine. Stop blaming yourself," she cut him off saying things softly. Essan clenched her fists tightly. Rune's hand covered her own relieving some of her tension. She looked at him and he smiled. She smiled a little. "C'mon eat up. We're going out afterwards." Rune nodded and ate some more although a bit slowly. He was afraid to throw it out. Essan picked up the tray, as he was finished. "Bring the adopted demon and his girlfriend. I'm sure they'd like a nice day in town don't you think?" She said before exiting out of the room and walking to the kitchen.

 

Rune did exactly just that.

 

----------------------------

 

The three kids along with Essan escaped into the city. They wouldn't be found until hours later so there wasn't a problem. But Cernozura knew better. Essan was probably taking them to the carnival in town. She sighed, as she had to distract the guests so they wouldn't notice that their son and their friend's daughter went missing. Well they weren't exactly missing. At least they were safe.

 

----------------------------

 

Essan led the three into the carnival with a bit persuasion of letting them in for free. It was very easy. Just her name sends them scared shitless. She placed her hood on and stopped them.

 

"Have fun. I'll be somewhere. So all of you can go around wherever you want," she told them.

 

Rath and Cesia rushed off. Rune stayed a bit and was about to ask where would they meet when he didn't see his mother around. He looked around in the crowd but still didn't see her. He sighed. Suddenly his wrists were seized and he was being dragged along with the other two. He was about to sputter a protest he thought twice about it; he never had a chance. He wouldn't have a choice anyways.

 

----------------------------

 

Raselene looked around the house worriedly. Rath and Cesia disappeared, and it seems Rune and Essan did too, they didn't leave a note whatsoever or even bothered to tell them anything. She thought about asking Lykouleon but then remembered he still must be in a not-so-good mood and opted to ask Cernozura.

 

"Cernozura?" Raselene spoke to the cooking woman.

 

"Yes?" she asked.

 

"Do you know where Rath and Cesia are?"

 

"Oh don't worry about them. I'm sure Mistress Essan would bring any danger to them. They're out at the moment with Rune. I think they were going to the carnival in town."

 

"Oh, thanks."

 

TBC----------------------

 

Kinshin: Fast update huh???? Well anyways thanks for the reviews and visits!

 

Like it? Review! NO FLAMESS!!!!!!!!!!!