Dragon Knights Fan Fiction / Dragon Knight (adult) Fan Fiction ❯ No Scars Only Memories ❯ Part 6: Live Garden ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

No Scars Only Memories

 

Part 6: Live Garden

 

Live Garden

 

I look around me

And compare it to a garden

 

I see the range of colors moving

In a circular motion

And never moving from its course

 

I see them bloom

Into the next generation

 

Like a flower

Petals begin to fall

 

As we walk and grow

Our time begins to tick

Every second counts

Until our petals have all fallen

 

We shrivel up and fall over

Welcoming the next generation

Of different colored flowers

 

A woman stood atop a hill, her eyes overlooking the city with an expressionless face. She held her son's hand, as she was off in space afraid he'd fall any moment.

 

"See this city my son?" she asked.

 

"Yes mother," he responded.

 

"One of these days you'd be able to see the Live Garden right here in this city."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes, my son. It isn't too far off. You just have to look harder."

 

The woman plucked off a small white flower. She kneeled down to his level and placed it atop his ear, which pulled his hair back. She gave out a small smile.

 

"It's amazing. You look just like your ancestor from so long ago. Though her picture is lost, her face is always in our memories."

 

----------------------------

 

Rune sat on top of a hill. His eyes looked over to the sky. The sun was setting to a beautiful sunset. The color hues were magnificent. It reminded him of he and his mother watching until nightfall. Those were those days. But things changed, people changed, and everything becomes non-existent anymore. He sighed. It didn't matter. It was almost time for his mother to go.

 

As he was about to go back but he sensed someone else next to him.

 

"Don't even think that I've actually forgotten about this." He heard his mother's voice. He looked at her and smiled. They both looked towards the sky seeing the sunset. "You've been sleeping rather than eating." She stated.

 

"I know."

 

"Yes but you know, I may not be there one day to save you again. Shyrendora would never have figured you for my child. We look nothing alike. Just like your father. Same color."

 

"Mother?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"My father…"

 

"What about him?"

 

"He isn't really dead is he?"

 

It was silent after that question. Essan's eyes held a look of anger for a moment before it became back to its expressionless emotion. She stood up and glared at the city below them. She then knelt down and grabbed a handful of dirt in her hands. Rune looked curiously at what his mother was doing. She held out her hand with the dirt and blew. The dirt turned into sand and blew away in the wind as it dispersed from her hand. Rune noted that sands were usually time spells.

 

"Mother?"

 

She didn't answer except just stared at the glowing lights of the city. The winds never blew and the trees never swayed. She looked at Rune and extended her hand, which he took and she pulled him up.

 

"Come. It's time I show you the Live Garden."

 

Essan stated as she walked down the hill. Rune followed two steps behind her. Rune noted that there wasn't any breeze flying by like when he first came out here. Up in the sky it was a moonless night. So the stars lit the sky like a room of candles. They stepped into the busy streets of the city. But something was wrong.

 

Everything was working except no one was moving.

 

"Mother what-" She held her hand out to stop him from finishing it.

 

"Welcome, my son to the Live Garden." She said gesturing around them.

 

"Mom these are-"

 

"Yes and so are we. From one we become two and from two we become four and from four we become eight. Like the cycle of a flower we produce with crossbreeding. As you see everyone looks different. They mix traits and they all turn out different. We are all in this little garden called Earth." She twirled her hand as sand also surrounded her. "We become sand and help produce other fortunate lives. We make ways for new generations. Like a tree, the fallen soon becomes another replica of the tree it came from. Thus sustaining the new life.

 

What do you think of the garden my son?"

 

"Mother, is there something you're not telling me?" Rune asked, more like demanded.

 

Essan just chuckled a little. He was pretty smart to see through it. She wasn't and it was already too late. She turned to face him and he gasped and backed a little. He wouldn't admit it but his mother would sometimes scare him. Essan unfortunately felt that thought. It saddened her a bit. She sighed and turned back around walking forward and didn't care if he followed or not. When she didn't hear the footsteps she became a little distraught. Gesturing her hand, everything began to move as it was before. No one had known what happened between mother and son.

 

----------------------------

 

Rune sat at home. He was in his room on the floor thinking. It seemed like his mother was in a whole other world. What he could never understand were her ideals. How she portrayed people and life, he just didn't understand it. Right now it was in the afternoon. It's been fourteen hours since last night when they separated in the city.

 

When Rune woke up this morning he found out his mother never returned home last night. He was worried but then again she could take care of herself. This had happened before and he had every right to worry because when his mother didn't return, she returned later, found by Tetheus, bleeding.

 

He stood up. He had to find her. Before he could sneak out his window a knock on his door stopped him. He closed it and opened the door. Rath and Cesia were standing there.

 

"May we come in?" Rath asked. Rune nodded and let them in. Cesia looked around in awe. She was just amazed at the designs of the rooms. She just couldn't stop looking at her guest room.

 

"Wow, these rooms are simply amazing. I wonder who decorated them." She said.

 

"My mother." Rune answered. He took out the annoyance he felt from them.

 

"Oh, Tetheus and my dad are looking for your mom. They said to wait here incase she comes back," Rath said.

 

They all sat down on the floor and began to talk. Rune was still deathly worried about his mother. The way he acted yesterday might be the cause of her not returning last night.

 

----------------------------

 

Essan sat atop a tree in their home garden. She was sure the others were looking for her but she didn't want to be found. Most likely Tetheus and Cernozora put Rune under surveillance incase he decides to run off and look for her himself. She wasn't worried about that right now. Looking at her arm, it was bleeding. The cut that man gave her with a broken beer bottle was starting to take its toll on her. Healing it was pointless. She was trying to get rid of her headache that was there since last night when she started drinking.

 

That look…

 

She'd seen it many times before. A fearful look, just one gaze. She hated that look. When her son looked at her like that she couldn't take it and decided to drown herself in alcohol. At least it worked for a while.

 

Relief is temporary but the pain lasts forever.

 

It was time for her to go back before she passes out. Cernozora and Lykouleon might scold her again for doing something so careless. But they wouldn't understand. No one would understand what she had gone through, no one. She had been living on her own for a while shortly after her mother died and she ran away from home to get away from her father. But this was not the time to be thinking such things.

 

She went off the tree and began walking, though staggering a little. She walked along the walkways leading to the house. The blood was staining the white sleeve of her shirt. Her vision was starting to get blurry. She wasn't going to make it but at least she would last longer until she got to her bedroom.

 

Teleporting herself back in her room, she collapsed on the floor as the loss of blood took its toll.

 

TBC-------------------------

 

Like it? Review! NO FLAMESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!