Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ A Side Never Shown ❯ Warning Sign ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(A/N): Ok, my characters may be a tad out of character... but this is how I wanted them to be. It fits the song and my imagination can be quite vivid. After being taunted with book 20, I am just dying to read 21. I have waited too long for these 2 (keep reading) to just get out their feelings. I thought about doing this at like 3 in the morning. I usually listen to music about that time and it makes me think of different things... usually book characters. I don't know why... but I do know thatI am strange.
DISCLAIMER: If I DID own Dragon Knights and Coldplay, then I could die from happiness.
---
Hungry. Exhausted. Loneliness. Death. He could feel these things surge through his weak, injured body. He could feel no pain in his fake, borrowed body. Yet, his heart throbbed painfully and felt heavy at every breath he took. He closed his eyes, but suddenly regret doing so. In the darkness of his mind, she was there. He longed for her voice to call out for him. He longed to smell her sweet scent with every slow, ragged breath he took. He longed to feel the warmth of her body that his own lacked. Never before had he had these kinds of feelings. He was surprised when he felt some kind of warm liquid run down his cheek. Tilting his head down and opening his eyes, he watched as a single tear fell and met the floor below him. A few more followed, silently colliding with the cold stone. He was reliving every waking moment he had ever spent with her.
 
A warning sign
I missed the good part and I realized
I started looking and the bubble burst
I started looking for excuses
 
He had hated her for being a yokai. He had hated her for being accepted by the dragon tribe. He had hated her for all of her stupid, rash decisions. He had hated her for keeping him from suicide. He had hated her for keeping him alive with a stupid promise. He had hated her for knowing his secrets. He had hated her for handing her life over to Nadil; for leaving him. But, those weren't his feelings. Not any longer. In his short time with her, they had greatly changed. He wanted to see her. Just one more time. There were some things he wanted to tell her. Needed to tell her.
 
Come on in
I've got to tell you what a state I'm in
I've got to tell you in my loudest tones
That I started looking for a warning sign
 
She knew the details of his past. The fine details. But she didn't know those details from him. He didn't think she needed to know. He still didn't think she should know. If she had asked him this very moment, he would have refused to talk about it. Hiding. Lying. That is what he was best at. Most comfortable with. Yet, there was still one thing he could offer her. One truth.
 
When the truth is
I miss you
Yeah the truth is
That I miss you so
 
He was disgusted with himself. Disgusted with how stupid he was. She had tried so hard to get his attention. She watched his every move. Protected him. Corrected him. Saved him. Loved him. Yet, he had pushed her away. Rejected her. Ignored her. Hated her.
 
A warning sign
You came back to haunt me and I realized
That you were an island and I passed you by
When you were an island to discover
 
His feelings. He needed to tell her. He was ready to tell her. He wanted her to accept him. Just like she had so many times before. He wanted to return all of the feelings that she had shared with him. She was overwhelming his thoughts. He wanted to embrace her. He wanted to kiss her.
 
Come on in
I've got to tell you what a state I'm in
I've got to tell you in my loudest tones
That I started looking for a warning sign
 
She should have different feelings for him. Could have different feelings for him. Hate. Regret. These feelings were okay. Normal. She could felt that way. Should feel that way. He deserved it. He only feared losing her. It was a lonely thought.
 
When the truth is
I miss you
Yeah the truth is
That I miss you so
 
He was tired. Physically. Emotionally. His heart ached. His thoughts overwhelmed him. Where was she? Was she safe? Was she thinking of him? Was she coming for him? Would he see her? Would she listen to him? Would she accept him? Would he be able to escape with her? Sleep overcame him, as he wondered, `Is this how love feels?'
 
And I'm tired
I should not have let go
 
He saw her in his dream, standing in front of him. She had come to save him from his eternal prison. She worked quickly, getting him free in a few minutes. He fell forward onto his hands and knees. He was too weak. New blood seeped out of the wounds that remained from his fight with Nadil. He suddenly felt very cold. This was death. He was dying. She dropped to the ground. He began talking about how he was dying and that there was no way that she could save him now. She stopped him from continuing, reminding him of her promise. He was finally getting his chance to die, but she wouldn't allow it. Not if it meant breaking her promise. She grabbed his shirt, pulling him in towards her. She pressed her lips roughly against his. He wanted to remain that way for a longer time, but it was over as soon as it had happened. He was too shocked to even talk, but his emotionless face did not reveal this to her. One simple kiss was all it had taken for her to express the same feelings he secretly felt for her. She pulled him back into reality as she summoned forth her crystal ball and retrieved the item that she kept inside. It was Nadil's seal. She was planning on using the seal's powers to save his life. She pushed herself even closer to him, making it easier to place the seal on him. He was extremely weak, but this was also his last chance to be with her before she sealed him away. He reached out and slowly pulled her towards him, giving her the best hug that he could manage in his condition. Tears trickled down her face. This is what she had been waiting for. Hoping for. And he had finally been able to admit his feelings to her. Before he could stop himself, he said, “This is only a dream.” As she placed the seal over him, she managed to say, “This is no dream Rath.”
 
So I crawl back into your open arms
Yes I crawl back into your open arms
And I crawl back into your open arms
Yes I crawl back into your open arms

---
(A/N): So, what did you think? Review and tell me. I'm interested in other people's opinions. This is of course is a oneshot, but I may add other chapters of other songs I feel fit DK and its characters.