Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ The Long Road Home ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Long Road Home

~*~

Disclaimer: I don't own them! *cries*

Warnings: Yaoi, shounen ai, angst, fluff, humor, language

Pairings: Rune x Rath for this fic, but I'm thinking about making a Thatz x Rath one also.....it just has to be Rath with someone!

Summary: Rath, Rune, and Thatz, after being sent on a mission by the dragon lord, are trying to find their way back to Draqueen, again. But on their long journey, hidden feelings arise and dark secrets are told...

~*~

Chapter II

(Rath's POV)

I was lying on a pile of soft blankets by the time my face was completely dry. I was so tired...what's wrong with me today? I asked myself again.

I could hear Rune and Thatz talking outside, probably about me, but I couldn't hear what they were saying.

Completely relaxed, I could feel my eyelids drooping, and didn't fight to keep them up as I drifted off into a short-lived slumber.

~*~

(Thatz's POV)

I sat on the checkered table cloth, a fork in one hand, a bowl half-full of spaghetti in the other. I heard Rune enter our tent and sighed. The prick's just being over-concerned, I thought, idly playing with my fork and frowning down at my spaghetti.

I took a bite and realized that it was getting cold. Oh well, I'm not that hungry anyway, I thought, putting the bowl down and getting up. I paused for a second. Wait...I'm not hungry? That's new...

I yawned and stretched cat-like, tired as usual, when I heard movement from the bushes behind me. I immediately spun around on my heel, thinking it to be just another stupid lower-yokai, when I saw a furry, kind of cute, rat-like animal emerge from the bush nervously. It sort of reminded me of someone, but I put aside for the moment and walked slowly over to the small creature, bending over and putting my hand out.

WUMPH!

"Ack!" I suddenly found myself lying on the ground with a white, furry mass bouncing up and down on my stomach. Little thing has spunk...

I carefully plucked it off of me and held it in front of my face. "I've never seen anything like you before...wonder where ya came from..."

I blinked as the creature made what appeared to be pathetic attempts at talking. Could it maybe talk at one time? I thought, setting it on my shoulder, where it seemed to glare at me for not understanding its non-existent words. I'll show it to Rath and Rune later...maybe they know what it is...

~*~

(Rune's POV)

When I walked in the tent I saw Rath lying peacefully on the pile of blankets that we brought with us, mouth slightly open as he breathed lightly.

I walked over to his sleeping form and kneeled down next to him, wiping a strand of loose hair away from his eyes. He looked adorable, but I would never say that to him....or the fact that I cared for him...more deeply than a friend or even a brother would.

I shook my head, trying not to dwell on the impossibility that he felt the same for me. Kai-stern had said that Rath cared for Thatz and me deeply, but not like that, I told myself firmly. I turned my back towards him and sat down, sighing. "Why, Rath...why?" I whispered into the still air of the tent.

"Why, what?"

I nearly jumped out of my skin as I heard his voice from behind me. I turned around and fought the urge to grab him by his shirt collar. "Don't scare me like that!" I said behind gritted teeth, eyebrow twitching irritably. How long had he been awake?!

He merely smiled innocently in amusement and repeated, "Why, what?"

I stood up and shook my head. "Nothing..."

He stood up also. "You're sounding like me, Rune. What'd ya come here for?"

I crossed my arms over my chest and looked to the side, away from his eyes. "Never mind...just never mind." I turned around, making my way toward the door when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and immediately found myself in another one of Rath's embraces. Huh...? He did the same thing last time...

"Rath..."

I pulled him close to me, which he didn't seem to object to, and put my arms around his slim waist, cherishing the moment.

~*~

(Thatz's POV)

"Ack! You little...did I say you could eat the cookies?!" I yelled while chasing the energetic fluff ball around the campsite as it made off with a bag of chocolate chip cookies.

I leapt at it, tackling it to the ground.

Grabbing the cookies, I picked it up by the scruff of its neck and glared at it. "Stealing isn't the way to get what ya want, you little, ungrateful......wait, what am I saying, yes it is! Just not from me. Ah, well. You can have one, but ONLY one!"

She (I had found out it was a she a little while ago by the only way I knew...heh) smiled cutely as I handed her one and I set her down on the ground. I straightened up and smiled down at her as she munched noisily away.

~*~

(Rath's POV)

Rune's body felt warm against mine and I didn't want to let go. He had surprised me by pulling me closer to him earlier, but I knew I couldn't hold on for too long...Rune might've suspected something.

I reluctantly let go and took a step back, biting my lip. "Um...it's getting dark," I said truthfully and yawned. "Maybe we should go to bed now..."

Rune nodded. "Should we get Thatz?"

"Nah, he can go to bed whenever he feels like it...which should be soon enough," I said walking over to the pile of blankets and creating a makeshift bed.

Rune took some blankets for himself, making his, and we both crawled into our separate beds.

~*~

Damn, it's getting cold! I thought, shivering under the not-so-warm blankets covering me. I looked over at Rune who had his back turned toward me, but as far as I could tell, he was perfectly content and probably asleep. I put my arms around myself in a pathetic attempt at warming myself up.

And where the Hell is Thatz?! I thought, still shivering. Normally he was at least in bed before us, if not asleep.

I looked longingly over at Rune lying peacefully on his bed. What I would give to be curled up next to his warm body now...

"Rath?" I heard his voice suddenly sound out in the silence of the tent. Guess he wasn't asleep... "Are you awake?"

"No..." I replied.

He sighed and turned over to face me. He frowned. "God, Rath, you must be cold! You're shivering like Hell!" He said worriedly.

I nodded my head.

"...Then come over here," He said almost nervously, patting an open space on his bed.

I felt a light blush reach my cheeks. He's actually inviting me to sleep with him?? Not like that, though, you dumb ass pervert! Just to get warm... I told myself.

Rune smiled nervously and a hint of red dotted his cheeks also....and damn did he look cute when he did that!

I got up out of my bed and walked over to his, climbing in beside him.

~*~

(Rune's POV)

Finally...he's asleep, I thought, looking at Rath's peaceful form beside me, his back facing toward me. I moved closer to him and combed a hand lightly through his dark hair, stroking it.

God, he's beautiful, I thought, gaining enough courage to wrap my arms loosely around his thin waist. Pulling myself closer, I nuzzled my face into his hair.

He didn't wake up, but nuzzled backwards into me...and I fell asleep like that...happier than I ever had been in my whole life. I just wished that I could stay that way, with him in my arms, because it felt so perfect, so right...

~*~

(Thatz's POV)

"C'mon girl, it's time ta go to bed," I said to the white fluffy thing on my lap and yawned loudly.

She nodded tiredly and crawled up to her perch on my shoulder.

I got up and walked over to the tent and listened for any voices inside. "Sounds like they went to sleep..." I said before walking in.

I stopped in my tracks, eyes widening. It was hard to make out in the darkness, but I could definitely tell that the two inhabitants were in the same bed, and Rath was in Rune's arms.....even the fluff-ball on my shoulder seemed surprised.

But, I thought smiling to myself, they look so cute together.

At that moment, if I was a girl, I would have giggled insanely. They were perfect for each other, and I wouldn't have been surprised if they liked each other. It was time to play a little game that I call matchmaker!

~*~

END OF CHAPTER

TBC...

~*~

DracoDormiens: Yay! I finally read the 5th book!

Rath: Yay!

DracoDormiens: *twitch* Shut up! How'd you get back here?!

Rath: Geez, I was just congratulating you! *sulks*

DracoDormiens: Well, you're only allowed to talk during the fic!

Rath: *whines* But that's not nice!

DracoDormiens: Exactly the point!

Rath: *sticks tongue out*

DracoDormiens: *also sticks out tongue*

Thatz: *sweatdrop* Um...right.

Rune: *sweatdrop* Do you two have to do this all the time?

DracoDormiens and Rath: Yes!!!

DracoDormiens: *glares at Rune and Thatz* You two aren't supposed to be talking either! *twitch* And how'd you guys get outta the duck tape?!

Thatz and Rune: ......................

DracoDormiens: That's better. *turns toward Rath and glares at him* Now for you!

Rath: You can't make me!

DracoDormiens: *thinks: maybe I can't make him shut up...but I can probably make him go away...* Hey, Rath, is that a demon over there?! *points in some random direction*

Rath: *looks in that direction* *doesn't see anything* ...Where?

DracoDormiens: Oh, you just missed it! You better go find it now.

Rath: *runs in that direction* If you're lying, you'll be sorry!

DracoDormiens: Whew! Now that he's gone we can get somewhere. I need to know who I should pair Thatz up with! If I don't get any suggestions in a reasonable amount of time, I'll have to pair him up with Cesia because...well...she's there...and she's a person, so, yeah.

Thatz: ?!?!?!?

DracoDormiens: See, Thatz wouldn't like that very much, but, it would be easier for me that way `cuz I wouldn't have to make any more people appear.

Thatz: !!!!!!!

DracoDormiens: *laughs evilly at Thatz* Anywayz...give me suggestions on the fic! Review! Ja ne!