Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ The Long Road Home ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Long Road Home

~*~

Disclaimer: I don't own them! *cries*

Warnings: Yaoi, shounen ai, angst, fluff, humor, language

Pairings: Rune x Rath for this fic, but I'm thinking about making a Thatz x Rath one also.....it just has to be Rath with someone!

Summary: Rath, Rune, and Thatz, after being sent on a mission by the dragon lord, are trying to find their way back to Draqueen, again. But on their long journey, hidden feelings arise and dark secrets are told...

::dragon talk (in signs)::

~*~

Chapter III

(Rath's POV)

I let out a yelp, opening my eyes, as something bouncing on my stomach woke me from a pleasant dream about penguins and ice cream. "What the hell...?" I said, looking oddly at the white, furry thing that gave up using my stomach as a trampoline and was now looking at me intently with large, black eyes.

"Uh...Rune? Thatz?" I called out, standing up and therefore knocking the creature off of me and onto the ground. It made angry yipping noises at me as Rune and Thatz walked in. Wow...Thatz is actually up before me...

"What is this thing?" I asked picking it up by the scruff of the neck as it did its best at glaring at me.

Thatz stuffed a piece of bacon into his mouth and Rune smiled. "She's a sacred. A holy animal," He said, walking up to me and taking the little thing in his hands. "I have no idea how she got here, though...they're not from these parts."

I shrugged. "Well...just keep it away from me."

She made little swipes at me with her paw, which I ignored, as I walked past everyone and out the door.

"Hey, Rath. Ya want some?" Thatz asked me as he walked out also, sticking a plate of bacon in my face.

I picked up my sword, strapping the sheath onto my back. "Uh, maybe later. I'm going demon-hunting now!"

Rune sweat dropped and Thatz almost dropped the plate. "One, you were as tired as hell yesterday, and two, how can you go demon-hunting before eating breakfast?!"

I shrugged and turned to leave the camp area. "Well at least he's back to normal..." I heard Rune tell Thatz as I walked into the denser areas of the forest.

~*~

(Rune's POV)

"How can he do that?" Thatz kept asking me a couple minutes after Rath left, obviously completely puzzled at the black-haired boy's actions.

"He's Rath," I simply told him. "He can do it."

The sacred that was now perched on my shoulder (she seems to like shoulders) nodded as if she also knew that as a fact and I raised my eyebrow at her. She made a little shrugging motion with her stubby arms and looked up at me innocently.

"You know, Rune," Thatz started, changing the subject. I looked at him. "Lord Lykouleon probably sent us on this stupid mission just to get us out of the castle."

I glared at the red head. "You know better than to talk about the Lord like that, Thatz!" I said warningly. "He wouldn't do that."

Thatz shrugged, fingering his remaining pieces of bacon. "You never know...why the hell else would he send us to some uninhabited forest in the middle of nowhere to kill off some demons that are obviously not doing any harm, considering that there's nothing here to harm?"

That is true.....

"It doesn't make any sense," Thatz added, pausing to stuff a piece of bacon in his mouth.

I shook my head. Why would the Lord want us...err...me out of the castle?

Thatz sighed. "I'd much rather be eating some huge feast back home...or sleeping."

Yeah, you would, Thatz.

~*~

One hour later...

"Rath sure is taking a long time..." Thatz said, worry in his voice, as he sat on the picnic blanket eating, again...no surprise there.

I nodded and frowned, leaning against a tree after finishing meditating.

Thatz looked up at me. "You know...Rath, he's like a little brother to me..." He said.

I looked at him and nodded. "Me too, Thatz, me too." And so much more.

Just then I heard the flapping of wings from deeper inside the forest coming our way. I immediately took out my sword, as did Thatz, thinking it was a demon...when out came...

"Fire?!" Thatz and I said in unison.

He flew over to us, out of breath and frantically waving signs in the air.

::Rath's in trouble!! Bierrez is back!:: The little dragon said.

"Bierrez?!" I said in shock. How can he be back?! "Show us where they are!"

I put down the sacred, motioning for her to stay put, as Thatz and I followed Fire.

~*~

(Rath's POV)

I was tired...again. Why is this happening to me? I asked myself as my sweaty hands almost lost their grip on my sword. I knitted my eyebrows together as I tried to concentrate on the gangling, skeleton-like demon only a few feet in front of me.

It swiped a clawed hand at me and I jumped out of the way, landing clumsily a couple feet away. I formed a glowing ball of energy in my left hand and threw it directly into the demon's putrid face. Though being hit squarely, it seemed to take little notice in the blasting of its own face and advanced on me.

Damn! Most demons would be dead by that, or at least severely disfigured. I'll have to call out Fire. "Fire dragon!" I yelled, lifting my sword into the air. A gust of wind came, followed by Fire, obviously in large mode, standing by me.

Fire let out an ear-splitting roared and tossed his head back, a huge ball of fire growing in his mouth. He then threw his head forward, letting out a barrage of fire on the defenseless demon, which just stood there wailing, skin melting in the heat.

Fire, almost setting the forest in flames, stopped to find that the demon was now a grotesque slop of black and grey mush on the ground. Satisfied with his work, he "chibified" and rested on my shoulder, but was knocked off balance as I slumped against a tree, breathing heavily.

::What's the matter with you? Don't tell me you're tired,:: Fire "said".

"What does it look like?" I asked him, trying to regain a normal breathing rate.

Fire sighed.

Suddenly I heard footsteps from somewhere behind me and I froze...it might be just Rune or Thatz, but I doubt it.

Before I could speak up someone else did and immediately I knew who it was. "So, there you are, Rath. I've been looking for you. My demons wear you down?"

Bierrez?! How?! I thought as, sure enough, Bierrez walked from behind the tree, towering over me. "How are you alive?! I killed you!" I yelled, trying to stand up, as Fire jumped down and out of the way, running into the bushes and out of sight.

He pushed me back against the tree, smirking. "Good...my spell worked," He said, ignoring my question.

My eyes widened as I struggled ineffectively against Bierrez. "Spell? What are you talking about?!"

He held me tighter against the tree. "You see, Shydeman and Shyrendora revived me after you killed me, and gave me new powers...like the spell that I cast over this forest. It tires you during battle, as you can see. I disguised myself as a dragon officer and got into the castle, telling Lykouleon that there was something amiss in this forest. He foolishly believed me and sent you three out on a mission here to exterminate all the demons, which are mine by the way."

"Bastard! What do you want me for?!" I said, making futile attempts at kicking him.

He laughed. "You should know. You are a demon, after all. Shydeman and Shyrendora want you on their side."

I growled. "I would never join them!"

"Are you sure?" Bierrez asked taking out a vial filled with something that resembled water.

I gasped. "Revival water?!"

"That's right. And you know what happens when you drink it?" He smirked, swinging the vial in front of my face.

Just then I heard footsteps frantically coming from the side.

Bierrez smirked as he saw who came. "Aw, look Rath, the other Dragon Knights to the rescue...too bad it's too late," He said, taking the vial and stuffing the revival water down my throat. "Have fun with the real Rath Illuser," Bierrez said, laughing and disappearing in a whirl of smoke.

I fell to the ground, coughing and sputtering, as everything around me went black.

~*~

END OF CHAPTER

TBC...

~*~

DracoDormiens: Ha! Cliffie! Well...this fic isn't going exactly as planned. I wasn't going to have Bierrez in there at all...and there really isn't much of a plot at this point, but oh well.

Rath: *stomps up to me* There was no demon there, you bakayarou!

DracoDormiens: *suddenly hugs Rath*

Rath: *moves away* *totally forgets about demon* Okay, who are you and what did you do to Draco?

DracoDormiens: *glares* I am Draco you--.....I mean, Rath...

Rath: This is scary.

DracoDormiens: So what if I'm being nice for a change!

Rune: Does that mean we can talk?

DracoDormiens: *sighs* Yeah, I guess so...

Thatz: Yay! *starts doing happy dances*

DracoDormiens: But you can't dance!

Thatz: *pouts* Why not?

DracoDormiens: Because it's annoying! Be glad I'm letting you talk!

Rune: I don't think you're doing a very good job of being nice...

DracoDormiens: Shut up you little.......! *pauses* No, I'm not, am I?

Rune, Thatz, and Rath: *shake their heads*

DracoDormiens: *hugs them all*

Rune, Thatz, and Rath: Uh...

Rath: You don't really have to hug us to be nice though...

DracoDormiens: Oh...well, anyway, review on the fic peoples! I don't care how crappy it is, just review, dangit!!!

Rune: You're not being very nice to the readers, either.

DracoDormiens: *twitch* Whatever...