Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ The Long Road Home ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Long Road Home

~*~

Disclaimer: I don't own them! *cries*

Warnings: Yaoi, shounen ai, angst, fluff, humor, language

Pairings: Rune x Rath for this fic, but I'm thinking about making a Thatz x Rath one also.....it just has to be Rath with someone!

Summary: Rath, Rune, and Thatz, after being sent on a mission by the dragon lord, are trying to find their way back to Draqueen, again. But on their long journey, hidden feelings arise and dark secrets are told...

::dragon talk (in signs)::

~*~

Chapter IV

(Rune's POV)

I gasped. What does Bierrez mean "the real Rath Illuser"? I thought, watching Rath fall to the ground in a fit of coughs. When the coughing subsided he looked to be unconscious and Thatz, who looked equally surprised, and I walked quickly over to his side.

"Rath!" I called out to him, shaking his shoulder.

He suddenly raised himself with his hands and I noticed that his eyes were faintly glowing and his pupils dilated. What the hell?

He raised himself to his feet, and looking at us, tilted his head and gave us a demonic grin.

"Uh...Rath?" Thatz said warily, taking a step back.

If he heard, Rath gave no indication. He took out his sword in one swift movement and rushed uncontrollably in our direction.

I jumped out of the way just in time, Rath's sword colliding with a tree. Thatz, on the other hand, grabbed Rath's arm and threw him back against the tree.

"Rath! Snap out of it!" Thatz ineffectively yelled at him.

Rath growled demonically and threw Thatz off of him and to the ground.

"Rune, what are you standing there for?! Get your ass over here and help me!" Thatz yelled at me as he got up and attempted to tackle Rath to the ground.

I don't want to hurt him, I thought as I rushed over to Thatz's side.

Rath seemed to have had enough. He yelled into the air and a ball of fire formed in his hand. He threw it, hitting me square in the chest. I yelled out and was flung back against a tree, the front of my shirt burned away.

"Rune!" Thatz called out to me, but was also hit by a ball of fire.

Damn it, I thought. What the hell is he...?

He turned around toward me, his eyes blazing and his mouth curved up in a feral smirk. This was definitely not the Rath I knew. He slowly advanced on me as I sunk down to the ground by the tree. What did Bierrez do to him?!

"Rath!" I called out in a desperate attempt to make him stop. And surprisingly...he did.

He suddenly stopped in his tracks, his red eyes widening almost as if with fear.

Finding that this miraculously worked, I continued. "Rath, listen to me!" I yelled to him from my helpless position on the forest floor. "Please, you have got to snap out of it...whatever IT is!"

He twitched one eyebrow and continued standing there as if contemplating what to do.

"Rath..." I said once again, quietly this time.

He suddenly screamed, no, more like shrieked, holding his head, and he fell to his knees, twitching violently.

I blinked. Wow...what did I do?

With one last yelp he fell to the ground on his stomach and appeared to be unconscious.

I crawled over to the fallen boy and gently shook his shoulder. "Rath?"

~*~

(Rath's POV)

I felt someone lightly shaking my shoulder. "Rath?" They called quietly to me.

I opened my eyes a crack and saw Rune's beautiful face leaning over me, his blue eyes full of concern and his long blonde hair falling in my face. Then I remembered...Bierrez...the Revival Water. Then it hit me. I must have been a demon, and Rune saw me.

I immediately sat up, almost knocking the blonde away from me. "Rath?" He said again in worry.

I felt tears welling up in my eyes. Damn it. He knew. Rune knew what I really was.

"Rath, talk to me," Rune said, shaking my shoulder again, seeing my tears.

I wrenched his arm off of me, got up, and sprinted away as fast as I could. I heard him shout after me, but I kept going, not really caring where I was headed.

~*~

(Rune's POV)

Damn it! Why did he run away like that? I was about to chase after him, but then I remembered Thatz. I turned around. He was lying unconscious at the base of a tree, a burn mark on the side of his face.

I should get him back to camp first. I crawled over to his side, thanked the lord that I had recently regained my elfin healing powers, and cured him and then myself before shakily standing up. I carried Thatz over my shoulder back to our camp.

~*~

END OF CHAPTER

TBC...

~*~

DD: Ha! I updated!

Rath: Yeah, and it took like ten million years.

DD: *twitch* Whatever....oh and I've read up to the 7th book now!

Rath: Whoopie...

DD: *ignores him* And Nohiro is so cool!!!!!

Rath: *falls over anime-style*

DD: REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!