Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ The Long Road Home ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Long Road Home

~*~

Disclaimer: I don't own them! *cries*

Warnings: Yaoi, shounen ai, angst, fluff, humor, language

Pairings: Rune x Rath for this fic, but I'm thinking about making a Thatz x Rath one also.....it just has to be Rath with someone!

Summary: Rath, Rune, and Thatz, after being sent on a mission by the dragon lord, are trying to find their way back to Draqueen, again. But on their long journey, hidden feelings arise and dark secrets are told...

::dragon talk (in signs)::

~*~

Chapter V

(Rune's POV)

I rested Thatz inside the tent, and upon walking outside, I sighed and wondered how the hell I was going to find Rath in the middle of a forest. It seemed virtually impossible. So I did the most logical thing and started off in the direction he ran, trying to find pressed down spots in the grass where a foot might have been.

After a few minutes I was getting impatient and in my frustration, I kicked a stone that was in my way, which I watched roll a few feet and into a wet, muddy area. I was about to turn my head and keep walking when something in the mud caught my eye.

I walked over to the edge of the muck and, sure enough, there were footprints embedded in it. I didn't really care if they were Rath's or not, all I cared about was that there were footprints and I was going to follow them.

Being an elf, I didn't really fancy getting my feet covered in mud, so I followed the trail of prints along the edge, on the other side was just a river and I somehow doubted Rath would walk through it.

I started walking faster after I'd followed the river for a few minutes and thought that if Rath had gotten this far in this short amount of time, he must run pretty damn fast. But, of course, after seeing him the way he was after Bierrez left, I wouldn't be surprised if he was still a few miles ahead.

I could see the sun starting to set in the east and knew it must be getting pretty late. I had to find him soon!

Just then I heard a noise up ahead. It sounded muffled, but I could still tell what it was: someone crying. I ran up ahead and stopped when I could see a figure sitting on the rocks by the water with their head in their hands. Rath, with the warm colors of the sunset making his dark hair look on fire.

I walked up close to him and quietly called out his name, causing him to jump in surprise and look up at me with a tear-streaked face. He had a scared look about him, as if he wanted to run again.

I crouched down next to him and put a hand on his shoulder. He stiffened at the touch and made a move to swipe me away. "Stay away from me," He said in a cracked voice, covering his face once again with his hands.

I kept my hand where it was and moved closer to the boy. He looked so vulnerable. I wrapped my arms around him in a loose hug and he immediately wrenched out of my grip. "Don't," He said, looking up at me with wide eyes.

I looked down, feeling rejected. "Why?" I asked, causing him to blink. "Why do you hate me, Rath?"

He looked at me with surprise written all over his face. "Hate you...?" He said quietly. "Rune...you...you know what I am," He said, tears still glistening in his bright red eyes.

"A demon..." I asked and he turned his head away. "You hate me just because I know what you are?"

"Well...no," He said, his face still turned. "But you hate me."

I turned his face so we were looking each other in the eye. "Who said that?"

He paused. "Well...I just thought..."

"You thought?" I asked. "Why would you think I hate you?"

"Because..." He paused. "Because I'm just some stupid fucking demon! No one CAN like me, let alone love me!"

I took his chin in my hand. "That's not true..." I closed the space between us and pulled him in for a small kiss. I pulled away. "...because I do."

He sat in shock for a couple seconds, staring at me and then the water. He suddenly burst into tears again.

I looked down, thinking that now he really did hate me. "I-I'm sorry," I said in quick apology.

He looked over at me once again in shock. "Sorry?!" He half-yelled.

I flinched. But before I could say anything or walk away in embarrassment, I found that Rath had his lips pressed up against mine again. I was shocked at first, but couldn't be for long, his lips tasted so sweet. I wrapped my arms around his waist causing him to gasp, giving me the chance to plunge my tongue into his mouth, which I did with ease.

He moaned into my mouth as my tongue explored his, causing a slight arousal from me, which I'm sure he felt.

We broke apart for air not much longer and were silent for some time, only hearing the flow of the river to our side.

Rath finally spoke up. "Rune...is that really how you feel, or was that just out of pity?" He asked in a serious voice.

I put my arms around him again. "Of course that's how I feel, Rath. I love you and I always have since I met you."

A single tear glistened down his cheek, this time out of happiness, and I wiped it away with my hand. He fell into my arms, his face against my chest. "I love you too," He said, his voice slightly muffled.

I ruffled his hair with my hand. "Let's go back now," I said.

He nodded and gave me a smile that made my heart flutter.

We got up and returned to camp as the sun dropped below the horizon.

~*~

END OF CHAPTER

MAYBE TBC

~*~

VERY IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE!!!

Eeeeeeee! Should I leave it there or continue?! It'd be a really good ending place! And, of course, if I did end there, I'd probably make a sequel. So...tell me in a review if you'd like me to continue on this fic with another chapter or end it there and make a sequel! REVIEW AND TELL ME!!!