Elfen Lied Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Elfen Lied Inuyasha ❯ Shattered Memories ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Inuyasha and Kagome quietly ate while Nyuu peered at the food questionably. Kagome had prepared a delicious dinner of soft flour tacos and Inuyasha was hastily shoveling in all he could. Inuyasha loved Kagome’s cooking though he’d rather claim he didn’t.

Nyuu watched Inuyasha. Then grabbing the taco, she jammed it toward her mouth spilling it’s contents all over the table and herself. Confused she tried getting as much as she could in her mouth but couldn’t. Inuyasha watched her before picking up a taco from his plate and going to her. He sat himself next to her, then with his hands he positioned the taco before him.

"Like this," He said gently before taking a bite.

Nyuu watched, her eyes wide. Then she leaned toward the taco, her mouth open. Her eyes watched Inuyasha, questioning. He gave a soft snort. "Go ahead." He said. She took a bite from the taco and swallowed. She smiled at the delightful taste.

"Now look, you got it all over your face." Inuyasha said wiping a streak of taco juice from her face. She smiled even wider. Inuyasha heard Kagome behind. Glancing back he saw her with her elbows propped on the table smiling as well. He gazed at her then glanced back at Nyuu before smiling. She was actually cute in a sort of helpless way.


Lazily, Inuyasha stretched himself upon the living room couch watching the darkened sky through the window. It had been quite interesting getting Nyuu used to everything. She seemed like she knew a little but not much. Kagome and her were in another room preparing her for the night. Nyuu would stay in the extra room down the hall from Kagome’s until they came up with an idea on what to do with her.

Inuyasha watched as numerous stars began shine brighter and brighter within the night sky. The moon shone beautifuly within the blanket of darkness. It was only a quarter full and soon the moonless night would come. Inuyasha usually dreaded such a night because his human self took over causing him to lose all of his hanyou powers. He sighed. Maybe this time it wouldn’t be so bad. After all he was thinking on becoming a human to live with Kagome anyway. Wasn’t he?

Kagome entered with Nyuu close behind. "What are you doing?" She asked stopping in front of the couch.

"Nothing." He said snapping from his thoughts. "So, how’d she like it?"

"I guess she doesn’t mind it." Kagome said looking at Nyuu as she curiously peered at the old clock down the hall. "The question is if we can get her to go to sleep."

"Yeah." He watched Nyuu as she starred at the old clock. "What is it with her anyway? It’s like she’s obsessed with that clock."

"I know." Kagome said shifting her gaze to Nyuu. "It’s not like she could do anything to it anyway. It’s stopped working for years. I don’t know why we even have it." She said crouching down to sit by the couch next to Inuyasha.

"Nyuu." Nyuu said going to Kagome to seat herself next to her.

Kagome yawned. "It’s sure been a long day. I’m beat."

"Yeah, I know what you mean." Inuyasha said his eyes still on Nyuu. "So, what do you think we should do?"

"About what?" Kagome asked.

"What do you mean about what?" He demanded. "I mean about Nyuu. What do we do with her?"

"Keep her here I guess." Kagome said.

"Nyuu?"

"We can’t just keep her here can we?" Inuyasha asked. "Someone’s gonna be looking for her eventually.

"Yeah, I know. But if we keep this up then there’s a chance she’ll remember who she is."

He sighed. "I suppose. But what about school?"

"Nyuu?"

His ear tweaked at her voice.

"We’ll take her." Kagome said.

Inuyasha gave her an awkward glare. "You can’t be serious. What about her horns?" He asked. "You made a big deal about my Tetsegia so what about a horned girl. That’ll be an interesting sight."

"Don’t worry." Kagome said. "All I need is a big ribbon and she’ll be set. It won’t be that hard to hide em’."

"Yeah, whatever." He said. Out of boredom he slipped his hand into his pocket just to do something. Suddenly his fingers brushed against something sleek, and small. Grasping it he pulled his palm out. In his hand he held the small shell that Kikyo had wished for him to recieve. His eyes narrowed as memories of Kikyo flooded through his thoughts. His heart ached for the pain that she had to endure.

Kagome sat silent her eyes on the shell. Nyuu scooted forward, glancing from Kagome to Inuyasha confused. Carefully she reached toward Inuyasha, taking the shell.

"Huh?" Inuyasha watched Nyuu take the shell with two hands, her eyes intently upon it. Kagome too watched curiously.

Then with a flick of her wrist Nyuu snapped the shell in half as if shattering Inuyasha precious memories. Inuyasha felt as if his heart had been ripped apart. Suddenly out of anger he lunged for Nyuu, clenching her shirt within his fists. He rose pulling her with him, his eyes starring widely into hers.

"You! What were you!!! That was a momento from Kikyo!!! How could...!!!-" He yelled.

Kagome stood up trying to seperate the two. She managed to pry Nyuu from his clutches, trying to defend her as he fought to get at her. Nyuu, shocked and confused fell to her knees as she watched Inuyasha fight against Kagome.

"You! Get out!!! Get out!!!!!" He screamed.

"Inuyasha! Stop! It was just an accident! Stop it!" Kagome yelled back.

Somehow, Nyuu understood Inuyasha’s words tears filled her eyes. Then decided she hurried and got up, running off through the front door. Inuyasha slowly began to calm down, the anger within him begining to die. His fists were still clenched as he starred at the broken shell on the floor. Kagome backed away from him. She understood his pain but it wasn’t like him to attack like that. She knew it had to be something else that was bothering him and not just Kikyo.

Inuyasha shook slightly as he remembered Nyuu’s fearful face as he had clenched her in his fists. Her eyes were full of fear and confusion. Somehow he had known her face was familair but still he hadn’t figured out why. He had seem that same expression somewhere at one time. But when and where? And how? Whenever he had seen that face it was a long time ago, he was sure of it.

Kagome sighed as her eyes followed where Nyuu had run away. "Inuyasha?" She said almost too afraid to ask.

"I..I didn’t mean for." He began but couldn’t. "But why?!" He demanded his anger rerising.

"Maybe, it was because of your face." Kagome said.

"Huh?"

"When you were looking at the shell, you were sad. Maybe she thought it was something evil." Kagome reasoned.

Inuyasha sighed as he realized his mistake. Maybe Kagome was right. He stepped forward. "I’m going to go find her."

"What do you mean? How are you supposed to go find her?" Kagome asked.

"I’ll smell her out. Besides she can’t go too far she doesn’t know the area." He said begining to leave.

"Wait." Kagome said following.

"No. It’ll be much faster if I go now." He said.

Suddenly a crack of lightning split the sky, echoing into thunder. A downpour of rain fell from the night sky, loudly beating against the roof of the house.

"It’s raining." Kagome said surprised.

"I better go find her. If I don‘t I might lose her scent in this rain." He said opening the door.

"Alright, I’ll go downtown real quick. Maybe I might run into her or someone who’s looking for her." Kagome said going to get her coat.

Inuyasha dove into the rain, his strides taking him swiftly down the drive up the sidewalk, Nyuu’s scent strong. He just had to find her before it got too cold. He’d never forgive himself she was harmed or became ill because of his actions. Kagome was right. As long as she was in the state she was she could never fully understand her surroundings. How could she have known how she hurt him.