Elfen Lied Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Elfen Lied Inuyasha ❯ Reawakening ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Nyuu’s protesting cries echoed across the beach as her body was drug through the sand. Both soldiers had a strong grip on each arm as they pulled her. Bandit suddenly jerked her from the other soldiers grasp, throwing her to the side.

"We’ll stop here." He said cocking his gun.

"Right. I’ll call HQ." The other soldier said pulling out a walkie. Bandit glared at him dangerously.

"Red team to HQ. We’ve captured the escaping subject. I repeat. We’ve-" Suddenly Bandit knocked the walkie from his hand, crushings it with the butt of his gun.

"Sir-!"

"Number one rule, soldier." Bandit said angerly. "Never ruin my fun."

"But sir-"

"Relax." Bandit interrupted. "Beside, who’s in a hurry." Bandit glanced at Nyuu who sat trembling in the sand.

"You!" He yelled roughly pulling her up by her long red hair. "What kind of killer are you? Your almost pathetic. How could something as helpless like you kill all those men?"

Nyuu watched him as she shook from her terror. She quickly withdrew her hand behind her back, protecting her treasure. Bandit’s eyes shone.

"What is that?" He demanded. "Your weapon perhaps?" Her held there by her hair for a moment before throwing her hard to the ground. "Then use it!"

They had stopped next to an old chain link fence enclosing the cargo of a large shipping yard. Weakly, Nyuu rose using the fence as support. Frustrated, Bandit struck her hard with his gun across her head, knocking her into the fence. It broke beneath her weight and entwined itself about her limp form. She laid motionless, entangled within the fence.

Disappointed, Bandit turned away, pulling a cigarette from his pocket.

"Sir!?" The soldier said surprised at Bandit’s agression. He had heard that Bandit was agressive, even cruel. But how could anyone be this cruel. He had just shot and killed a boy no older than 23 and now here he was beating a young girl senseless. He also heard that these subjects which he had been trained to hunt down were also merciless killers and yet the only ones doing the killing were themselves. It puzzled him.

Bandit sighed annoyed. "Kill her." He said lighting the cigarette. He pulled his helmet off, throwing it to the ground. He had a shaved head, the hair that could be seen seemed to be brown. He had sharp piercing dark eyes which held little or no emotion.

"But I-"

"No sense in getting my hands anymore dirty if she won’t even play along." He said puffing a ball of smoke. "If I had known I probably would have kept that lousy boy alive just to have a little fun." He sighed again. Just kill her. They said dead or alive. I can get at least some satisfaction by allowing you to kill her."

"But-"

"Do it!" Bandit growled.

The soldier sighed. At home he had a wife and two wonderful kids. It pained him that he would have to kill this defenseless girl. "Y-yes sir."

Slowly he readied his rifle and went to were Nyuu laid. She hadn’t moved since she had been thrown. She’s probably unconcious. At least she doesn’t have to be awake to see this. "I’m...really sorry." He whispered raising the gun. Bandit’s back was to them as he quietly muttered his disappointments. The soldier aimed, his finger upon the trigger, then he slowly began to squeeze.

Underneath her blanket of red hair, the girl’s eyes flew open. Her eyes quickly narrowed as she sensed the soldier not 3 feet from where she laid. A menacing smile crept about her face. Lucy, had reawakened.