Elfen Lied Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Elfen Lied Inuyasha ❯ Crippled Hearts ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*************************************************************
Before you guys read this chapter I must warn you that due to my blonde mistakes I left out a minor detail. When Kagome went to go find Inuyasha after he was shot she took an umbrella with her. While she was worried about Inuyasha she forgot the umbrella and left it on the beach. I am so sorry you guys. I guess I better gather myself a little better next time. Eventually I’ll edit the mistakes but for now I’ll leave a warning up for those who haven’t read the edited part. Sorry again.
*************************************************************


Mayu, a young girl at about the age of 14, sat huddled within the corner of a cargo shack within the shipping yards. Her short black hair hung over her brown eyes as she hugged her knees, her head resting on her legs. She was dressed in a large yellow jacket and T-shirt with a pair of old levis that she had found. A small yellow form laid in her lap, it whined as it nuzzled her face. Mayu smiled at the puppy that she held. "Thanks, Wanta." She said stroking him. Mayu shivered, but not from the intense cold. She shivered because the memory of the wounded soldier was still fresh within her mind.


She had been asleep in the shack when the loud crashes had awoken her and Wanta. Wanta had gone into a barking fit, running out of the shack. Mayu had chased after him, worried about her friend. She found Wanta standing by a form, barking insistently.

Bandit was lying in a pool of blood, still swearing. Mayu gasped as she noticed his broken limb, the bone ejecting from the skin. Bandit was yelling hysterically as he fought to get on his feet blindly, blood still rushing from his eyes. Mayu knew he was badly injured and need immediate care. Bandit kept thrashing, his swearing becoming more vulgar. "Quit rolling!" She yelled. "I’ll go get help!" She called before running off, Wanta at her heals.

"Damn it." Bandit groaned.


After the ambulance had left, Mayu had no reason to stay any longer, so returned here. She remembered one of the men asking her if she needed to contact her parents. She had shook her head and said that she would just go home. Mayu looked around the old shabby shack. This, was her home. Well, her real home anyway.

The plac
e where her mom and tried to get Mayu to stay was no home, it was hell. She shuddered more now. Wanta whined again, licking her face. She smiled, "It’s OK, Wanta." She said. "This is my home now." She sighed, her gaze drifting to the umbrella beside her. She had found it sometime after the soldier was rushed to the hospital. It had the address to the Higarashi shrine. She knew where it was, she had walked by it many times.

I’ll return it in the morning. She thought, leaning against the wall. She knew it was late at night or early in the morning, which ever a person preferred. Still, she couldn’t sleep. Wanta nuzzled against her before falling asleep. She smiled at him. He had such a strong spirit for a puppy. Then, slowly she drifted asleep.


Bandit wore a large bandage over his eyes, his arm secured in a cast. His thoughts relied on finding a way to repay that bitch who did this to him. His breath came slow and easy, being careful as not to irritate the wounds from the gunshots he received. He had been hospitalized in the town his base was, but was later transported to a hospital within the facility.

"That damn wench." He growled lying on a stiff bed in the middle of a small room. "How dare she do this to me? How dare she?" He despised her for what she had done. Bandit turned his head as a door to the room opened.

Dr. Kurama stepped in, his eyes on Bandit. He didn’t really take to Bandit so well. He had heard many rumors about Bandit and had later found that they were all true. He was a cruel assassin who enjoyed his job not caring whether it was man, woman, or even a child, he just loved killing. Dr. Kurama scowled to himself silently.

"Who’s there?" Demanded Bandit.

"At easy, soldier" Dr. Kurama said going to him.

"Keh. Like that’s easy." He said sarcastically. "After what that bitch did?"

"Yes, well just be thankful your even alive." Dr, Kurama said stopping beside Bandit.

"She’ll regret it too." Bandit growled.

Dr. Kurama cleared his throat. "We’ve got the results back from the tests we’ve taken." He said with hardly any emotion.

After Bandit had finally been brought back to the facility, many of it’s scientists had to perform many different DNA tests to verify something of great importance.


"Finally," Bandit groaned. Then sarcastically. "So what, do I got a week to live?"

Dr. Kurama’s eyes narrowed. "You obviously know about the vectors which Lucy possesses." He said. "But, what you may not know is that not only can her vectors affect you by how she physically uses them against you, but they can also impose a reproductive affect as well. Lucy, unlike a lot of our other subjects, is a full Diclonius. Being so, her vectors are able to transfer reproductive cells into anyone they touch." He paused.

"In other words, anyone that comes in contact with Lucy’s vectors has a severe chance of their DNA becoming affected, causing them to eventually become a Diclonius." He finished.

"What the hell!?" Bandit exclaimed. "You mean, I could become exactly like that wench?!"

"Not exactly, but yes." Dr. Kurama explained. "Not everyone who comes in contact is affected but the results from the tests do tell us that you have been affected. In order to stop the change in your DNA we would need to operate fast and remove your reproductive organs."

"My what?!" Bandit yelled.

"It’s the only choice." Dr. Kurama said. "If you refuse, we can’t allow you to leave this facility. Though normally, anyone who is affected is no more dangerous than they were, there have been cases of mishaps."

Bandit clenched his fists, his teeth gritting. "You bastards!" Bandit yelled.

"We understand, what a sacrifice it can be." Dr. Kurama said flatly. "But, in return we will help to reinforce your arm with the help of the facilities technology. It will both make you fit to fight and increase your arms healing."

"Are you saying," Bandit began slowly calming. "That you can make it so I can kill that bitch?"

"Yes," Dr. Kurama said. "We’ll even provide you the necessary weapons as well."

Bandit was quiet as his thoughts raced through his mind. He roughly sighed, "Fine then. As long as I kill that wench."

"Good," Dr. Kurama said turning to leave. "We will first need to begin operating on your arm. Then, we will follow up with the next procedure."


Dr. Kurama walked straight down the corridor to the main office, where Mr. Kimuru had so happened to ask him to see him. He was silent as he shifted through his thoughts. Now that the dispatched soldiers had failed to capture Lucy, what could they do now? He only hoped that Mr. Kimuru thought hard about his next move.

The large metal doors to the office slid open. Dr. Kurama entered, his eyes intently upon a form seated in a large chair. The man was facing with his back to Kurama as he starred out his large window out toward the ocean. Dr. Kurama was silent as he stood, waiting.

With his back still to Kurama, Mr. Kimuru spoke, "Amazing, isn’t it." He began his voice low. "How much damage can come from just one girl." Dr. Kurama didn’t reply.

Mr. Kimuru turned to face Dr. Kurama. "The soldiers have failed." He said, his eyes directly on Kurama.

"We could dispatch more." Kurama began. "If Bandit hadn’t-"

"Bandit is our best." Mr. Kimuru interrupted. "If he couldn’t handle it, then no one can."

Dr. Kurama was silent. He knew Mr. Kimuru was right. That only allowed another choice left.

"Dr. Kurama," Kimuru said watching him. "I suppose you have an idea why I have called you."

"Yes," He answered. "Yes, I do."

"Then your expectations will be correct if you guessed that I plan to use subject number nine to track down Lucy." Mr. Kimuru announced.

Dr. Kurama winced a bit. This was exactly what he had hoped to avoid. But of course, other things were worse, much worse. His thoughts began to drift for a moment.

"Dr. Kurama, I expect the subject to be ready to be dispatched by tomorrow morning." Mr. Kimuru said turning back to face the ocean.

"Yes, sir." Dr. Kurama replied.


Nana, subject nine, was chained to a cell wall. She was completely unclothed, her head hanging. Her legs were sprawled upon the floor, her arms hanging from the chains. She had short bright pink hair, unusual for a girl. Nana resembled a young girl at about the age of 15 save for the horns that adorned her head. Blood covered her body, both old and fresh. Large dark bruises scarred her as well. The cell door opened.

Nana weakly raised her head, revealing her sharp pink eyes, their color greatly resembling her hair. Tears streamed from her eyes, her vision was slightly blurred from the pain she had endured. Then her vision began to clear. Standing before her was Dr. Kurama, looking down on her.

"Papa?" Nana asked softly. Then loudly, "Papa! It’s Papa!"

"Hello, Nana." Dr. Kurama said. His eyes softened as he watched her, it hurt him to see her like this. It always did.

In another room, looking through a window connecting with the cell, two other persons watched. One was Dr. Garashi, the other was one of the facilities specialized scientists. The scientist had assisted Dr. Kurama in many experiments in his earlier years in working here. And though Dr. Kurama had been promoted eventually, the scientist still worked within the same field he had before.

Dr. Garashi, though she had worked here for the last three years, had never been within the experimenting field. She watched Dr. Kurama with interest as he conversed with Nana. An intercom placed near the two allowed them to listen to the conversation within the cell. Dr. Garashi was startled at Nana’s mention of "Papa."

"Is-is she his daughter!?" Dr. Garashi asked surprised.

The other scientist chuckled, "No, it’s just what she calls him, very fitting for him really." He continued. "Dr. Kurama has always liked Nana as his own, and it seems to help her as well. Unlike other Diclonius’s that we’ve tested on, Nana’s spirit hasn’t been broken. Usually, by this time they completely give up on even trying to live. I guess it’s because of Dr. Kurama that she hasn’t yet."

Dr. Garashi listened as she still watched both Kurama and Nana. "Should he be so close?" She asked nervously.

"Normally, no." The scientist answered. "But, in this case, I’d say he’s pretty safe."

"Papa? Why are you so sad, Papa?" Nana asked quickly forgetting about her pain. She was leaning forward now, the chains tightening against her weight. "Have I been a good girl, Papa?"

"Yes, Nana. You have." He said. "But I need you to do something for me."

"Anything, Papa!" Nana said smiling.

"I need you to find someone for me." He explained. "She’s a Diclonius, like you. I need you to find and kill her."

"Oh no, Papa. I couldn’t do that." Nana said. "I don’t want to hurt anyone."

"Nana, this girl is dangerous." Dr. Kurama said. "She’s killed many people."

"I can’t kill." Nana said shaking her head.

Dr. Kurama sighed. "Then, can you at least do this for me?" He paused. "Can you at least find her for me?"

"Yes, Papa. Of course." Nana said.

"Good." He said. He went to her, withdrawing a key from his pocket. Nana brought her arm forward to allow him to unlock the chains.

Kneeling on the ground, she rubbed the sores the chains had left. "Nana, you will need to be ready by tomorrow morning. You will be bathed and dressed to go." Dr. Kurama said standing over her still.

She smiled, looking up at him. "I’ll do a good job, Papa. I promise." She said.