Elfen Lied Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Elfen Lied Inuyasha ❯ Interferences ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Inuyasha stood, starring out the living room window out to the walk in thought. Kagome was seated upon the couch in silence. Inuyasha was certain now that there was something Nyuu that seemed so familiar. Her voice, he recognized it. He was sure of it. When she had said his name, it had triggered another memory and it was still fresh in his mind.

A large fire was feeding upon a village, it was dark. Villagers were yelling, crying, screaming as they ran. Children stumbled and cried. Inuyasha was only eight at the time, he was running. Bodies laid everywhere, blood staining the soil. He had to find his mother. Then he heard it, the voice. "Inuyasha."

Inuyasha shuddered, breaking himself from the memory. What was going on? What are these memories? It puzzled him, why now? Why had he suddenly started remembering all this? It had to be because of Nyuu. It was only a small fragment of what it truly was but it was still so clear. Then, why is it he had forgotten it? Of course, it was before his mother passed away, he knew that. Was it because he was so young when it happened. No. He should be able to remember this.

Kagome glanced up. He looked so serious and worried. She could tell that he really worried for Nyuu. Then, something occurred to her. Does he worry about me like that? She recalled the events from the night before. Or is there something about Nyuu that he’s more attracted to?

Inuyasha clenched his fist. It had been almost two hours now. He had to find Nyuu. Despite these confusing visions, he couldn’t let anything happen to her. He stepped forward.

"It’s been too long." He announced. "I’m going to go find her."

"Inuyasha." Kagome began, thinking out loud. "Why are you so worried about Nyuu? Do you really love her that much?"

Inuyasha froze, caught by surprise. "Huh?" He asked. "What are you talking about?!"

"Do you love her?" Kagome asked looking at him seriously.

"Why would-?" He began before Kagome interrupted.

"Your always worried about her. You hardly let her out of your sight. And last night you-" She tried to finish, her voice rising.

"Kagome, Nyuu’s oblivious." Inuyasha reasoned. "She doesn’t understand anything."

Kagome stood. Her head lowered, "I see." Then her eyes narrowed, fists somewhat clenched she headed for the door.

"W-Where are you going?" Inuyasha asked worried.

"As if you care!" Kagome snapped. "I’ll be back later. Just, just go find Nyuu." She finished, her voice becoming choked with tears. Then without another word, she left.

Inuyasha could smell saline. She’s crying. But why? What did I do? Then, he caught it.

"Your always worried about her. You hardly let her out of your sight. And last night you-" She tried to finish, her voice rising.

"Kagome, Nyuu’s oblivious." Inuyasha reasoned. "She doesn’t understand anything." Inuyasha scowled.

"I’m such an idiot!" He yelled at himself. "She probably thinks I’m some kind of sick pervert or something." He sighed as he watched her run down the walk and turn out of his sight.

He flinched, a sharp pain needling his chest. He yanked up his shirt. The fresh bandages upon his chest were still unstained, luckily. At first he had thought he might of reopened the wound from his yell. His thoughts went to Kagome as he looked at the bandaged wound. Kagome had done an excellent job patching him up this morning. His wound had greatly healed from his rest last night but it would still be a while before it fully healed.

Letting down his shirt, he glanced back out the window. He wanted to go find Nyuu, he needed to figure out these memories. But then, he didn’t want to hurt Kagome. He didn’t love Nyuu. How could he? How could Kagome actually think he’d love her? No. He’d wait. He’d wait for Kagome to return before leaving. He had to tell her, somehow tell her that he loved her. Now.


Mayu walked quietly down the walk that ran beside the cemetery, Wanta in her arms. Suddenly, she heard a someone yelling. She looked up. It was coming from the cemetery. Quickly, she ran up the steps, Wanta yipping.

She stopped at the top. She saw Lucy about 4 meters away from Nana. Lucy stood firm, eyes locked on Nana, her fists clenched. Mayu recognized Lucy right away, but had never seen Nana before. It was odd to see a girl about her own age with pink hair and eyes.

Nana’s vectors secured themselves to Lucy’s leg. "No more." She yelled. "You can’t escape. Try, and I’ll rip your leg off!"

Mayu watched as Nana yelled at Lucy. Afraid to see someone get hurt she ran at them. "Stop!" She yelled. "Please stop!"

Both Nana and Lucy looked up. Suddenly, Nana’s grip on Lucy loosened.

"No!" Nana yelled at Mayu thrusting her arm at her. "Don’t come up here!" Lucy smirked. She leapt forward, placing Nana back into her range.

Then with her vectors she sliced into Nana’s hand, splitting the fingers from her palm. As if in slow motion, Nana watched as her fingers detached themselves, falling to the ground. Her eyes shone in horror as she then felt a tearing in her arm. Blood gushed from the socket as she shut her eyes in her pain. Tears streamed from her eyes as she screamed.

Mayu stood back, her eyes wide. All the blood, the girl screaming. It was too much. Mayu felt herself falling, her sanity falling. It made no sense. How was this happening? Where was the attacker? Lucy turned on Mayu. Mayu felt hands upon her, wrapping around her.

"What!" She cried as the pressure tightened. Roughly, Lucy threw her to the ground, knocking her out.

Suddenly, Nana’s leg was tore off as well, Nana falling to the ground. Lucy stood, starring down at her. This bitch thought she could kill her. Pathetic. That was what she was, pathetic. She was no different than the humans she loved.

Nana laid in a large pool of blood, some still gushing from where her appendages had been. Nana’s eyes were shut tight, tears still streaming as she cried. "Papa! Papa!"

"Papa?" Lucy said dryly.

Nana opened her eyes, glaring up at Lucy. "You!" She screamed. "This-this doesn’t hurt! This doesn’t hurt at all!"

A shear pain erupted in her other arm, as it was slowly torn from her body.

"How about now?" Lucy asked. She slowly tore away her other arm as well. "Does it hurt now?"

Nana bit into her lip, the taste of blood filling her mouth. She felt something rising within her, a wild intense need. She felt the desire to live, survive, and kill. But something was holding her back. She quietly stopped crying, the pain had become so intense, it had completely numbed her. She was dying.

"Papa." She said weakly, as she began to fade. Lucy smirked. Then, she felt their presence. She had been so amused with Nana that she had totally lowered her guard. She turned.

Dr. Kurama and a large group of soldiers stood not 7 meters away. Lucy glared at Kurama.

"Papa!" Nana cried. Lucy jerked her gaze on Nana. Summoning up her last amount of strength, Nana sent a vector at Lucy. Lucy felt a painful prick upon her crania between her horns. At first it just stung but then she realized what had happened. Nana had defused her vectors, temporarily.

"You son of a bitch." Lucy yelled. She knew well of Nana’s uncanny way of defusing a Diclonius’s abilities but she had never had it actually happen to her.

Dr. Kurama walked forward, to Nana. A soldier stepped forward. "Sir, what are you doing?"

Kurama kneeled beside Nana. He had never seen her in such pain, he felt his heart breaking. His fist clenched.

"Papa. Papa, I’m sorry. I’m sorry Papa. I wasn’t strong enough." Nana said weakly.

"Papa?" Lucy asked looking at Kurama. "Isn’t your wife and daughter dead?" Lucy mocked.

Kurama gritted his teeth. "Lucy." He said, his voice low. "I can never forgive you." Suddenly, he rose and struck her hard against the face.

Lucy hit the ground hard. Instinctively, she rolled over backward and onto her feet. She rose, her fists clenched in her fury. Without her vectors she was powerless. She glared at Kurama, smirking. This had hurt him well, seeing Nana dieing in her own pool of blood.

Suddenly, an explosion of pain rippled through Lucy’s crania. In pain, she clamped her head between her hands. Her consciousness flickered. She was going to black out.

Wincing, she glared at Kurama venomously, gritting her teeth. Lucy hadn’t gone through the battle with Nana unscathed. And now with the lack of her vectors she had received a full blow to the head. Her vision began to blur.

Lucy shook as she tried to stay conscious. She was weakening fast. She winced again as another eruption of pain erupted in her head. She would have to run, it was the only way to avoid going back to that damn facility. She’s have to distance herself from them. Decided, she took off, running as fast as she could.

Stunned, the soldiers stood frozen. None of them dared near Lucy, let alone strike her. Kurama kneeled beside Nana, pulling her into his arms. Finally, a soldier walked forward.

"Sir? Should we go after her?" He asked.

"No." Kurama said rising, Nana still in his arms. She was losing too much blood too fast. Kurama felt the warm liquid soaking his shirt.

"But, Sir-" The soldier began.

"No. We’re returning to the facility." Kurama said. "It’s out of our hands." The soldier nodded.

"Pa-Papa." Nana said weakly. She slowly looked up, tears streaming from her eyes. "I-I’m sorry Papa. I-I couldn’t stop her."

Kurama’s heart ached for her. She didn’t deserve this. "Hush, Nana." He said gently. "You’ll be fine. I promise." He glanced up at the soldiers. They were starring.

"We must go." He urged. "Now!"